Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Nutt is heading for greatness

Started by PigPusher, August 09, 2006, 06:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 09:03:59 pm
He will get the credit being the head coach because that is the way it is.  In years to come we will hear what a great coach he was and who he really turned things around with his skill and we will all get sick at our stomachs.  But, it is nonetheless getting reay to be good again!!

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

He had nothing to do with turning this around.  He was forced to do it, against his wishes.  He wanted the $ and prestige so he sold out.  So no credit.

In fact, b/c of him, we almost lost MM and DW....not to mention Gus.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

WilsonHog

There are three reasons Houston Nutt still has a job:

(1) Given the state of our program before he arrived, the modest successes he has achieved are viewed as outstanding accomplishments;

(2) He's from Arkansas; and

(3) He is willing to play politics.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 09, 2006, 09:10:25 pm

(1) Given the state of our program before he arrived, the modest successes he has achieved are viewed as outstanding accomplishments;

(4)  Matt Jones single handedly prevented the first losing season from happening at least 1 year earlier.  (if not 3 years earlier in 2002).

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 09:14:33 pm

(4)  Matt Jones single handedly prevented the first losing season from happening at least 1 year earlier.  (if not 3 years earlier in 2002).

(5) Numb Nutts walked into Big Frank's office with a loaded Kodak Instamatic and just happened to catch Jim Lindsey shagging Big Frank. Numb Nutts still has the negatives.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 08:35:28 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:22:40 pm
Just as in the case of Coach Broyles he has the young lion coaching staff that are very talented and this with his letting them coach will put him in the record books.  It happens over and over again in our society in many different ways. Men and women that were great delegators and wind up taking credit for others efforts.  Not right but that is the way it is.

Now comes Coach Nutt who has tried to plow the field by himself for several and he couldn't get it done. He has help now and is being demonstrated that he, rather than being a micro manager he is letting the doers do and that will pay many dividends to him in the future.  He will go down in the books as one of the greatest coaches ever at Arkansas and even perhaps in the nation although that might be a little stretch.

Mark it down by golly.

I like your attitude....  Why not!?!
Listen to your elders kidos.... ;)

You poor, deluded old fools.

Take your Haldol and go back to sleep.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Razorod

(1) Given the state of our program before he arrived, the modest successes he has achieved are viewed as outstanding accomplishments;

I'd add a fourth:
(4) Broyles' pangs of guilt over the Harrod incident.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 09:06:18 pm
He will get the credit being the head coach because that is the way it is.  In years to come we will hear what a great coach he was and who he really turned things around with his skill and we will all get sick at our stomachs.  But, it is nonetheless getting reay to be good again!!

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

He had nothing to do with turning this around.  He was forced to do it, against his wishes.  He wanted the $ and prestige so he sold out.  So no credit.

We believe you, but nobody cares where you place YOUR credit... 
Pusher is saying that the media and the casual fans (which are the majority) will give Nutt the credit without thinking twice...

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:20:51 pm

(5) Numb Nutts walked into Big Frank's office with a loaded Kodak Instamatic and just happened to catch Jim Lindsey shagging Big Frank. Numb Nutts still has the negatives.

(6) Dale is so unintelligible when he speaks that it hypnotized Broyles whenever he started to bring up firing him...

This would be a good topic for a new thread.."Real Reasons Nutt Still Has a Job"

Landonhog

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:24:35 pm
Just as in the case of Coach Broyles he has the young lion coaching staff that are very talented and this with his letting them coach will put him in the record books.  It happens over and over again in our society in many different ways. Men and women that were great delegators and wind up taking credit for others efforts.  Not right but that is the way it is.

Now comes Coach Nutt who has tried to plow the field by himself for several and he couldn't get it done. He has help now and is being demonstrated that he, rather than being a micro manager he is letting the doers do and that will pay many dividends to him in the future.  He will go down in the books as one of the greatest coaches ever at Arkansas and even perhaps in the nation although that might be a little stretch.

Mark it down by golly.

Ha!!  I wish you had the slightest clue as to the type of people you're talking to....  Cracks me up to even think about it... 

Checked into the dorms yet?  Orientation is coming!  Have fun!

August 09, 2006, 09:30:44 pm #60 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:33:33 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:27:12 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Pusher is saying that the media and the casual fans (which are the majority) will give Nutt the credit without thinking twice...

Don't think your stats are quite right there, brotha...most fans know what is up...

You with ties to Dale are in the minority. 

Sorry.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:29:46 pm

Mark it down by golly.

Ha!!  I wish you had the slightest clue as to the type of people you're talking to....  Cracks me up to even think about it... 

What? You mean Haldol is now the drug of choice on campus? Good lord, things have gone down hill since I was in college. I always wanted to stay awake while I was shagging a coed.

Of course, we know Haldol is the drug of choice for Numb Nutts and the Murray State posse.

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 09:30:44 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Don't think your stats are quite right their, brotha...most fans know what is up...

Sorry.

Really?  Did you start a newsletter...  I'd be shocked if the "casual fan" is aware of anything other than the fact that we've had a couple bad seasons........and that's why they heard those ladies at the bingo hall talking about Nutt getting fired....  I'd be surprised...really.

Landonhog

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:35:11 pm

Mark it down by golly.

What? You mean Haldol is now the drug of choice on campus? Good lord, things have gone down hill since I was in college. I always wanted to stay awake while I was shagging a coed.

Of course, we know Haldol is the drug of choice for Numb Nutts and the Murray State posse.

Huh?

fire_hog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 09:29:36 pm
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:20:51 pm

(6) Dale is so unintelligible when he speaks that it hypnotized Broyles whenever he started to bring up firing him...

This would be a good topic for a new thread.."Real Reasons Nutt Still Has a Job"

(7) Ronnie Floyd told me God wanted Nutt to remain at Arkansas.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:35:40 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Don't think your stats are quite right their, brotha...most fans know what is up...

Sorry.

Really?  Did you start a newsletter...  I'd be shocked if the "casual fan" is aware of anything other than the fact that we've had a couple bad seasons........and that's why they heard those ladies at the bingo hall talking about Nutt getting fired....  I'd be surprised...really.

Yeah, that's why Hogville is approaching 10,000 members all of a sudden.  That is why the Hogs are getting more and more media coverage.  Because of all those "casual" fans.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

August 09, 2006, 09:45:20 pm #66 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:48:38 pm by Fire Numb Nutts!!!
Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:36:53 pm

Mark it down by golly.

Huh?

Like I said, Landon, be a good boy and take your Haldol and forget about it. I hear it goes down well with Koolade.

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 09:38:13 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Sorry.

Yeah, that's why Hogville is approaching 10,000 members all of a sudden.  That is why the Hogs are getting more and more media coverage.  Because of all those "casual" fans.

Which is great, but those "casual fans" are the ones writing the checks, and a good majority of those 10,000 are still writing term papers....  You lost me on the media part....Sorry...

EastexHawg

Mark it down by golly.

I know I you didn't just compare Nutt to Frank Broyles as a head coach.  You are joking...right?

If not...just how long does it take in Arkansas to file the legal papers necessary for a defamation of character and slander lawsuit?

silvertip

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:40:27 pm
...Most in the state probably believe he instituted the new hires and perhaps he did...

Put down the pipe, man. That stuff will make you null and void if you keep smoking it.

Landonhog

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:45:20 pm

Mark it down by golly.

Huh?

Like I said, Landon, be a good boy and take your Haldol and forget about it.

Sorry son, but I don't even know what that is.... 

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:45:23 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Sorry.

Which is great, but those "casual fans" are the ones writing the checks, and a good majority of those 10,000 are still writing term papers....  You lost me on the media part....Sorry...

LMAO, thanks for proving my point.  Casual fans writing checks?  Don't think so, Mr. Oklahoma.

All you need to know is that even Jesus wants us to have a real coach at the U of A.  See?  The fact that he is a good christian man is now irrelevant.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:47:15 pm
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on August 09, 2006, 09:45:20 pm

Mark it down by golly.

Huh?

Like I said, Landon, be a good boy and take your Haldol and forget about it.

Sorry son, but I don't even know what that is.... 

Well that just proves that your Haldol is having the desired effect.

Forget about it and finish your Koolade like a good boy.

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 09:47:52 pm
Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 09:45:23 pm

Nope.  No credit.  Zero. 

Sorry.

LMAO, thanks for proving my point.  Casual fans writing checks?  Don't think so, Mr. Oklahoma.

All you need to know is that even Jesus wants us to have a real coach at the U of A.  See?  The fact that he is a good christian man is now irrelevant.

Mr. Oklahoma...  I like the sound of that.... Thanks!
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not talking about little RF donations here and there by season ticket holders...  I'm talking about LARGE corporate donations...  It's all business and politics, and sadly not Xs and Os....  How else do you explain our ridiculous facilities, amenities, etc... When we've had such a poor product on the field?  Houston is a good politician.  I don't like it anymore than you, but this is life.      :-\

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Adam Stokes

If we lose, Nutt will get all the blame.  If we win, Nutt will get no recognition, it'll all be Herring, Malzahn and Wood.  If he does get recognition, it'll only be from outside the state.  I'm willing to give him at least a little credit, after all, he is the Head Coach.

Pork Twain

From way out here I can't tell which one of you can piss farther...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Landonhog

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 09, 2006, 10:02:26 pm
From way out here I can't tell which one of you can piss farther...

Ha!  Agreed... 

3pigsinafountain

B
August 09, 2006, 10:49:36 pm #78 Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:05:35 pm by 3pigsinafountain
It is strange to hear so many holding out hope that Kentucky would even consider hiring Houston Nutt as a head FB coach.  In Kentucky they know how bad their football program is, they know better than anyone how pathetic a coach has to be that cannot show a winning record vs Kentucky.  After Houston was at Murrry State with a NFL bound QB and NG from the Hawg roster, (lots of tampering rumors around those), he melted the phone lines trying to bs his way into an interview for the job that eventually went to H. Mumme.  Kentucky had their priorities right, hire anyone, even Mumme, but refuse to even grant Houston an interview.  Kentucky does not covet Houston Nutt and will not interview him in the future.

Nebraska went to the very edge of the abyss, and was rescued only by the misguided egos of JFB and JL.  The only chance Houston had at LSU existed in his own delusional self promoting mind.  His only high D-1 option left is to hang on here by any strategum and continue to vacuum 1.5 + Mill from our pockets for as long as he can play out the string.

Though Charles Darwin spent the last years of his life refining and defending his theory, Houston Nutts tenure at Arkansas has disproved it once and for all.

HatfieldHog

Mark it down by golly.

Your whole post is a "little stretch."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on August 09, 2006, 10:49:36 pm
It is strange to hear so many holding out hope that Kentucky would even consider hiring Houston Nutt as a head FB coach.  In Kentucky they know how bad their football program is, they know better than anyone how pathetic a coach has to be that cannot show a winning record vs Kentucky.  When Houston was at Murrry State with a NFL bound QB and NG from the Hawg roster, (lots of tampering rumors around those), he melted the phone lines trying to bs his way into an interview for the job that eventually went to H. Mumme.  Kentucky had their priorities right, hire anyone, even Mumme, but refuse to even grant Houston an interview.  Kentucky does not covet Houston Nutt and will not interview him in the future.

Nebraska went to the very edge of the abyss, and was rescued only by the misguided egos of JFB and JL.  The only chance Houston had at LSU existed in his own delusional self promoting mind.  His only high D-1 option left is to hang on here by any strategum and continue to vacuum 1.5 + Mill from our pockets for as long as he can play out the string.

Though Charles Darwin spent the last years of his life refining and defending his theory, Houston Nutts tenure at Arkansas has disproved it once and for all.

Beautiful.  The greatest 8th post in the history of Hogville.  Come by the tailgate, your first brew is on me.

hogwildinhouston

It is strange to hear so many holding out hope that Kentucky would even consider hiring Houston Nutt as a head FB coach.  In Kentucky they know how bad their football program is, they know better than anyone how pathetic a coach has to be that cannot show a winning record vs Kentucky.  When Houston was at Murrry State with a NFL bound QB and NG from the Hawg roster, (lots of tampering rumors around those), he melted the phone lines trying to bs his way into an interview for the job that eventually went to H. Mumme.  Kentucky had their priorities right, hire anyone, even Mumme, but refuse to even grant Houston an interview.  Kentucky does not covet Houston Nutt and will not interview him in the future.
nure at Arkansas has disproved it once and for all.

I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt.  Let me make that clear.   However, this is a huge load of crap.

Where do I start.   Yes, Kentucky did hire Mumme when Nutt clearly wanted the chance to make the jump.  That part is true, although Nutt was interviewed.   I wonder if Kentucky would like to rethink that choice today?  Mumme gave them a couple of average season behind Tim Couch, and proceeded to cheat Kentucky into sanctions they may not recover from in 15 years.  His replacement, Guy Morriss felt the situation post-Mumme was so bad he left Kentucky for..............Baylor of all places.  Yes, the same team that was the laughing stock of the Big 12.  While I don't think much of Nutt, he certainly could have done as well as Mumme and not crippled the program by cheating.

Now, as the Rich Brooks era seems on it's last leg, you are absolutely foolish if you dont' think Kentucky would seriously consider Nutt if Brooks is dismissed at the end of 2006.   Remember, the previous coach left for Baylor of all places.  Brooks has crashed and burned.  The program, which is FAR from being even average in football prowess, is still realing from the crippling effect of the "great" Mumme choice.

Is Houston Nutt a good choice for LSU?  Absolutely not.

Is Houston Nutt an OUTSTANDING choice for Kentucky?  You better believe it.

Kentucky will know better this time if they have the chance..........

And Arkansas will be the better for it as well.

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 11:16:47 pm

I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt.  Let me make that clear.   However, this is a huge load of crap.

Where do I start.   Yes, Kentucky did hire Mumme when Nutt clearly wanted the chance to make the jump.  That part is true, although Nutt was interviewed.   I wonder if Kentucky would like to rethink that choice today?  Mumme gave them a couple of average season behind Tim Couch, and proceeded to cheat Kentucky into sanctions they may not recover from in 15 years.  His replacement, Guy Morriss felt the situation post-Mumme was so bad he left Kentucky for..............Baylor of all places.  Yes, the same team that was the laughing stock of the Big 12.  While I don't think much of Nutt, he certainly could have done as well as Mumme and not crippled the program by cheating.

Now, as the Rich Brooks era seems on it's last leg, you are absolutely foolish if you dont' think Kentucky would seriously consider Nutt if Brooks is dismissed at the end of 2006.   Remember, the previous coach left for Baylor of all places.  Brooks has crashed and burned.  The program, which is FAR from being even average in football prowess, is still realing from the crippling effect of the "great" Mumme choice.

What is a huge load of crap is that any D1 school in their right mind would hire this nincompoop after doing any sort of research other than polling the members of the church he attends.

He will be lucky to ever coach ANYWHERE again, which I hope he does, as long as that means he gets his ass out of Arkansas and frees us from this hellish nightmare.

And btw, if you think after everything we have seen that Dale is D1 coaching material, then you ARE a Nutt fan, whether you like it or not, b/c you are not being objective..

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:20:14 pm

I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt.  Let me make that clear.   However, this is a huge load of crap.

Where do I start.   Yes, Kentucky did hire Mumme when Nutt clearly wanted the chance to make the jump.  That part is true, although Nutt was interviewed.   I wonder if Kentucky would like to rethink that choice today?  Mumme gave them a couple of average season behind Tim Couch, and proceeded to cheat Kentucky into sanctions they may not recover from in 15 years.  His replacement, Guy Morriss felt the situation post-Mumme was so bad he left Kentucky for..............Baylor of all places.  Yes, the same team that was the laughing stock of the Big 12.  While I don't think much of Nutt, he certainly could have done as well as Mumme and not crippled the program by cheating.

Now, as the Rich Brooks era seems on it's last leg, you are absolutely foolish if you dont' think Kentucky would seriously consider Nutt if Brooks is dismissed at the end of 2006.   Remember, the previous coach left for Baylor of all places.  Brooks has crashed and burned.  The program, which is FAR from being even average in football prowess, is still realing from the crippling effect of the "great" Mumme choice.

What is a huge load of crap is that any D1 school in their right mind would hire this nincompoop after doing any sort of research other than polling the members of the church he attends.

He will be lucky to ever coach ANYWHERE again, which I hope he does, as long as that means he gets his ass out of Arkansas and frees us from this hellish nightmare.

Settle down Francis...   

;)

HONDAHOG

I thought hiring all these coaches was his last chance at keeping his job. I am not 100% on this, and I know it isn't true in every situation, but it seems to me that when there is a big staff change and it doesn't work out, that the coach gets fired after the next season.

PigMan

August 09, 2006, 11:23:32 pm #85 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:25:27 pm by PigMan
Looks to me like some of you guys are not really good fans in the first place. You will never be happy unless there is something to bitch about. But then that is the way some are made up.  Pigpusher was just trying to express a positive thought and some are treating him like he is the lowest of life just because he has an opposing view to your own. 

I am sure as hell glad that I don't have to call any of the offenders here my friend that is for sure.  If you are an example of a good Hog fan I would be embarrassed as your not one from this vantage.  Hear hear and go Hogs..

A dozen Karma to you sir Mr. Pigpusher.

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 11:21:37 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:20:14 pm

Settle down Francis...   

;)

Dale has convinced you that you need to do that.  I will not, Mr. Oklahoma.

HognotinMemphis

Mark it down by golly.

I think you are on (to) something.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Quote from: PigMan on August 09, 2006, 11:23:32 pm
Looks to me like some of you guys are not really good fans in the first place. You will never be happy unless there is something to bitch about. But then that is the way some are made up.  Pigpusher was just trying to express a positive thought and some are treating him like he is the lowest of life just because he has an opposing view to your own. 

I am sure as hell glad that I don't have to call any of the offenders here my friend that is for sure.  If you are an example of a good Hog fan I would be embarrassed as your not one from this vantage.  Hear hear and go Hogs..

Ahhh yes....the "You are not a true fan unless you support the nincompoop unconditionally b/c he loves the helmet" fan....nice, Bubba.  Praise the Lord and pass the Kool Aid.

PigMan

At least he is not insultinig you praise the Lord. But, then again you are not willing to listen with respect to other viewpoints. It is only your viewpoint that matters.  That is what is so sad. He never attacked you one time, but you were all over him. 

Here's some nice lemon yellow Kool Aid that is still warm.  Want some?

Quote from: PigMan on August 09, 2006, 11:30:37 pm
At least he is not insultinig you praise the Lord. But, then again you are not willing to listen with respect to other viewpoints. It is only your viewpoint that matters.  That is what is so sad. He never attacked you one time, but you were all over him. 

Here's some nice lemon yellow Kool Aid that is still warm.  Want some?

Believe me, he has attacked us plenty of times.....

Where would you like me to begin?

With "I called that play" or "he should've scored"?

GuvHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 07:28:58 pm
I would dare say that it can be determined that most great coaches have great assistants. If they didn't it would be an impossible situation for the coach with all the things that have to happen in developing a team. We all are quite aware of Coach Nutt's weaknesses and even his strength if we would be honest with ourselves.  The natural thing would have been for the powers to just release him, but they decided not to do that and Coach Nutt will be the lucky one for that decision.

I have been following Hog ball for many many years and never have I seen a time other than the sixties that we have had a setup like we have now .  I am excited and I would bet Coach Nutt is also as he can see good things getting ready to happen to his watch.  I am one that strongly believes at this point he is not going to do anything to mess it up including butting in during games.  Most in the state probably believe he instituted the new hires and perhaps he did. Either way he will get the credit and the main glory to come that I wholeheartedly believe is coming.

Fine, you have your opinion which has been proven wrong but you are still entitled to it.  However, you don't have to keep reminding us all of the hellish nightmare we are living with this egotistical, incompetent and divisive man by calling Dale "Coach Nutt" and therefore reminding us that he still holds the top coaching position at the U of A.

Exactly WHICH statement in his opinion has been proven wrong?
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:23:53 pm

Dale has convinced you that you need to do that.  I will not, Mr. Oklahoma.

Your apparent unrivaled hated of Nutt has blinded you so much that you can't even use reason.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm not arguing that Nutt is a good coach.   However, to act as though Nutt is the dumbest human to ever set foot on a football field, as you are doing, is just crazy.  Despite all you say, in 9 seasons as a D1A head coach, Nutt is at 59% in wins.  This includes 2 losing seasons at Ark, and one at Boise.  However, he's had 3 9 wins seasons and 1 8 win season.  As a reference, the great Coach Fran everyone loved a few years ago is at 54%

Has he done as well as he could?   Hell no.   Do I think he's the best Arkansas can do?  Hell no. 

Is he a complete football retard as you seem to think?  Hell no.

Landonhog

August 09, 2006, 11:34:40 pm #93 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:37:20 pm by Landonhog
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:25:30 pm

Ahhh yes....the "You are not a true fan unless you support the nincompoop unconditionally b/c he loves the helmet" fan....nice, Bubba.  Praise the Lord and pass the Kool Aid.

Sorry Francis....  I'm just tryin to have a little fun with ya....  I jumped in on this one for the same reason Pigman just did...  PigPusher is an older alum, and myself and others have a great deal of respect for him...  Just hate seeing an "old" hog fan's optimism stomped away...  Sorry. 
I don't consider myself a hugger, but I'll always defend the optimistic... 

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 09, 2006, 11:34:15 pm
I would dare say that it can be determined that most great coaches have great assistants. If they didn't it would be an impossible situation for the coach with all the things that have to happen in developing a team. We all are quite aware of Coach Nutt's weaknesses and even his strength if we would be honest with ourselves.  The natural thing would have been for the powers to just release him, but they decided not to do that and Coach Nutt will be the lucky one for that decision.

I have been following Hog ball for many many years and never have I seen a time other than the sixties that we have had a setup like we have now .  I am excited and I would bet Coach Nutt is also as he can see good things getting ready to happen to his watch.  I am one that strongly believes at this point he is not going to do anything to mess it up including butting in during games.  Most in the state probably believe he instituted the new hires and perhaps he did. Either way he will get the credit and the main glory to come that I wholeheartedly believe is coming.

Fine, you have your opinion which has been proven wrong but you are still entitled to it.  However, you don't have to keep reminding us all of the hellish nightmare we are living with this egotistical, incompetent and divisive man by calling Dale "Coach Nutt" and therefore reminding us that he still holds the top coaching position at the U of A.

That would be the one in bold, oh blind man (Jesus will not heal you).

Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 11:34:40 pm

Sorry Francis....  I'm just tryin to have a little fun with ya....  I jumped in on this one for the same reason Pigman just did...  PigPusher is an older alum, and myself and others have a great deal of respect for him...  Just hate seeing an "old" hog fan's optimism stomped away...  Sorry. 

Well, that "optimism" (blindness that Jesus won't heal) is one reason why we are still stuck with an incompetent head coach that we need to get rid of.

Keep supporting those old alums all you want, I want no part of it.

GuvHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:40:56 pm

I have posted on this board for months asking people who've made the same statement as you to show me proof that the hires were forced. I have not seen any proof whatsoever. If you'd care to state some, I'm waiting.

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 09, 2006, 11:46:57 pm

I have posted on this board for months asking people who've made the same statement as you to show me proof that the hires were forced. I have not seen any proof whatsoever. If you'd care to state some, I'm waiting.

If you truly believe that they were not forced....after all of the evidence to the contrary on this board....then I cannot help you.

Seek professional, psychiatric help, immediately.   Before you harm yourself, or those you love.

Make us proud.  Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Landonhog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:42:39 pm
Quote from: Landonhog on August 09, 2006, 11:34:40 pm

Well, that "optimism" (blindness that Jesus won't heal) is one reason why we are still stuck with an incompetent head coach that we need to get rid of.

Keep supporting those old alums all you want, I want no part of it.

Classic...  I love the whole Jihad theme...  Really gives your crusade some false significance, since I suppose you're now healing the "blind"..... How's it coming so far....  I'm sure you've probably opened the eyes of dozens by now... 

I kid, I kid....   

I just don't see the point of you crashing a thread like this... 
Why bother? 

Thanks for responding over and over, I've enjoyed this...    :razorback:

GuvHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 11:50:43 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 09, 2006, 11:46:57 pm

If you truly believe that they were not forced....after all of the evidence to the contrary on this board....then I cannot help you.

Seek professional, psychiatric help, immediately.   Before you harm yourself, or those you love.

Make us proud.  Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

There hasn't been any evidence on this board, just a whole lot of unproven opinions.
IF there is some proof, I would really like to see it.