Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Nutt is heading for greatness

Started by PigPusher, August 09, 2006, 06:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

Just as in the case of Coach Broyles he has the young lion coaching staff that are very talented and this with his letting them coach will put him in the record books.  It happens over and over again in our society in many different ways. Men and women that were great delegators and wind up taking credit for others efforts.  Not right but that is the way it is.

Now comes Coach Nutt who has tried to plow the field by himself for several and he couldn't get it done. He has help now and is being demonstrated that he, rather than being a micro manager he is letting the doers do and that will pay many dividends to him in the future.  He will go down in the books as one of the greatest coaches ever at Arkansas and even perhaps in the nation although that might be a little stretch.

Mark it down by golly.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Hugehogsfan

Let the Smiting begin!  I agree that he has improved his stock with the hires, but I want to see it reflected in the games won vs. lost. 

geoffhog

"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

taintlint

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:22:40 pm
Just as in the case of Coach Broyles he has the young lion coaching staff that are very talented and this with his letting them coach will put him in the record books.  It happens over and over again in our society in many different ways. Men and women that were great delegators and wind up taking credit for others efforts.  Not right but that is the way it is.

Now comes Coach Nutt who has tried to plow the field by himself for several and he couldn't get it done. He has help now and is being demonstrated that he, rather than being a micro manager he is letting the doers do and that will pay many dividends to him in the future.  He will go down in the books as one of the greatest coaches ever at Arkansas and even perhaps in the nation although that might be a little stretch.

Mark it down by golly.

The moron will not always be forced to hire great assistants. Take the hiring of Alex, Gus, and Reggie as a blessing. It's nothing more, nothing less. The recent hiring of assistants is a last ditch effort to save face, not "go down in the record books".

THROWITDEEP

I hope you are right.  That would be great.

PigPusher

I would dare say that it can be determined that most great coaches have great assistants. If they didn't it would be an impossible situation for the coach with all the things that have to happen in developing a team. We all are quite aware of Coach Nutt's weaknesses and even his strength if we would be honest with ourselves.  The natural thing would have been for the powers to just release him, but they decided not to do that and Coach Nutt will be the lucky one for that decision.

I have been following Hog ball for many many years and never have I seen a time other than the sixties that we have had a setup like we have now .  I am excited and I would bet Coach Nutt is also as he can see good things getting ready to happen to his watch.  I am one that strongly believes at this point he is not going to do anything to mess it up including butting in during games.  Most in the state probably believe he instituted the new hires and perhaps he did. Either way he will get the credit and the main glory to come that I wholeheartedly believe is coming.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

PigPusher

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 09, 2006, 06:31:25 pm
So it only took him 45 some-odd years to realize what the rest of us already know.  If you want to be the best you must surround yourself with the best.

I don't mean to be negative, but what took so long?

I totally agree, but for whatever reason it did happen and we all are allowed to grow and learn as we live out our lives.  It's going to be good and a lot of fun to witness.

nwarazfan

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:42:00 pm
So it only took him 45 some-odd years to realize what the rest of us already know.  If you want to be the best you must surround yourself with the best.

I totally agree, but for whatever reason it did happen and we all are allowed to grow and learn as we live out our lives.  It's going to be good and a lot of fun to witness.

Have fun following Kentucky football.  It won't take much for Nutt to become a legend there.

Root Hog

I reached the deepest, darkest depths of the dark side last September.  No one has been more anti-Nutt than I have been.  HOWEVER, I do approve of the recent developments and I hope you are correct.  We certainly seem to be headed in the right direction.

piglett06

Lots of excitement out there.  Here's hoping.

piglett06

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 09, 2006, 06:43:33 pm
Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:42:00 pm

Have fun following Kentucky football.  It won't take much for Nutt to become a legend there.

Has there been and authoritative discussion on Nutt going to Kentucky?  Why Kentucky anyway?

Hawgz4Life

Well, you guys have to admit that he's been quite a bit more loose in the past weeks not having to worry about the playcalling. Being an overseer is much more his style and I don't think he minds it as much as he thought he would. He kind of painted himself in a corner with Danny Ford's recruits by doing his own playcalling. Now he has a good batch of recruits and someone who knows how to call plays helming that area. Look for a smooth, well run machine this year on the hill.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: piglett06 on August 09, 2006, 07:15:23 pm
Lots of excitement out there.  Here's hoping.
When I 1st read your post I thought it said "Lots of excrement out there", LOL, I think that might have been true last season! ???

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 06:40:27 pm
I would dare say that it can be determined that most great coaches have great assistants. If they didn't it would be an impossible situation for the coach with all the things that have to happen in developing a team. We all are quite aware of Coach Nutt's weaknesses and even his strength if we would be honest with ourselves.  The natural thing would have been for the powers to just release him, but they decided not to do that and Coach Nutt will be the lucky one for that decision.

I have been following Hog ball for many many years and never have I seen a time other than the sixties that we have had a setup like we have now .  I am excited and I would bet Coach Nutt is also as he can see good things getting ready to happen to his watch.  I am one that strongly believes at this point he is not going to do anything to mess it up including butting in during games.  Most in the state probably believe he instituted the new hires and perhaps he did. Either way he will get the credit and the main glory to come that I wholeheartedly believe is coming.

Fine, you have your opinion which has been proven wrong but you are still entitled to it.  However, you don't have to keep reminding us all of the hellish nightmare we are living with this egotistical, incompetent and divisive man by calling Dale "Coach Nutt" and therefore reminding us that he still holds the top coaching position at the U of A.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

WilsonHog

August 09, 2006, 07:35:09 pm #15 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:40:45 pm by WilsonHog
He has made progess in improving his staff.

Now he just needs to replace three or four more like Herring, Malzahn, and Wood and he'll have a great staff.

Prior to last December our staff was like a toothless and titless woman. We've had the chest upgraded, but that face will still make a train take a dirt road.

fire_hog

August 09, 2006, 07:36:31 pm #16 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:38:16 pm by fire_hog
Quote from: piglett06 on August 09, 2006, 07:16:58 pm

Has there been and authoritative discussion on Nutt going to Kentucky?  Why Kentucky anyway?

UK is a natural fit for HDN.

They'll be in need of a head coach next year.

Southern school, so they'll appreciate all that good ol' boy backslapping and "fine christian man" bullcrap.

They're in the SEC, which means Dale can paint it as a lateral move and save face.

Most importantly, they're a basketball school. Kentucky fans look at football season as just a diversion until November, and a trip to any low-level bowl as a bonus. You know, kinda like where Dale has taken our program.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

RazorRaider

Quote from: fire_hog on August 09, 2006, 07:36:31 pm
Quote from: piglett06 on August 09, 2006, 07:16:58 pm

UK is a natural fit for HDN.

They'll be in need of a head coach next year.

Southern school, so they'll appreciate all that good ol' boy backslapping and "fine christian man" bullcrap.

They're in the SEC, which means Dale can paint it as a lateral move and save face.

Most importantly, they're a basketball school. Kentucky fans look at football season as just a diversion until November, and a trip to any low-level bowl as a bonus. You know, kinda like where Dale has taken our program.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

yossarian

Mark it down by golly.

Hey bartender, I'll have one of whatever Pigpusher is drinking.

Tusks

No kidding, I want some of what he's drinking or smoking.

Kind of like evaluating the team at this point.  It's been 3 days of practice.  Let's see what he does when the pressure is on during game day.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pork Twain

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 09, 2006, 07:35:09 pm

Now he just needs to replace three or four more like Herring, Malzahn, and Wood and he'll have a great staff.

Prior to last December our staff was like a toothless and titless woman. We've had the chest upgraded, but that face will still make a train take a dirt road.
You certainly have a way with words.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PigPusher

August 09, 2006, 08:17:42 pm #21 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:21:12 pm by PigPusher
The car has new tires guys.  It will run better now.

With all that we are reading and with the changes that have been made why stay in a state of denial.  Is that what being a fan is all about not taking what you get and building on the rest? Personally I cannot live that way as it takes way too much energy.   Time to get the old chins up and enjoy.

We are getting ready to have a lot of fun!!!

hogwildinhouston

I agree with you about the staff prior, but I think the staff is pretty close to being where it needs to be.  The defensive staff is solid.  When Bobby Allen is your weakest coach, you are doing okay.  He's decent, and a solid recruiter.  The problem has been for years he was the BEST coach on defense.  With that you are in trouble.

On offense, Sheibest needs to go.   Markuson also.  I can live with DNutt as long as heath concerns hold out. 

I just wish Nutt had fired Sheibest instead of Wittke, and hired Wood to coach the WRs (which he also did in the NFL).  Let Wittke coach the QBs, and Gus the TEs as well as OC.  Then, let someone else coach special teams.  Had that happened, the staff would have been very good.   

As it is, it's solid, with a little room for improvement.

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 08:19:50 pm

I agree with you about the staff prior, but I think the staff is pretty close to being where it needs to be.  The defensive staff is solid.  When Bobby Allen is your weakest coach, you are doing okay.  He's decent, and a solid recruiter.  The problem has been for years he was the BEST coach on defense.  With that you are in trouble.

On offense, Sheibest needs to go.   Markuson also.  I can live with DNutt as long as heath concerns hold out. 

I just wish Nutt had fired Sheibest instead of Wittke, and hired Wood to coach the WRs (which he also did in the NFL).  Let Wittke coach the QBs, and Gus the TEs as well as OC.  Then, let someone else coach special teams.  Had that happened, the staff would have been very good.   

So...keep The Nutt at all costs, huh?

Ridiculous.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Pork Twain

Can't we just say that the Arkansas' staff could be a great one???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 08:22:48 pm

Ridiculous.

Hold on now.   I never said that.  I for one hope Nutt is gone by season's end, for whatever reason.  However, I think the staff is close to being pretty good.   As long as he stays out of the way, we could be decent.  (See Bama last year).

However, there are a lot of other guys I'd rather have as HC that could put together an equally talented or better staff. 

This was not an endorsement of Nutt.  It was saying we have a much better staff now than at any point under Nutt.

PigPusher

Ridiculous.

He seems to do well with the heavy hitters in the state so yes there is probably a place for him to do PR which is a big part of a head coaches duties anyway.

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 08:27:34 pm

Ridiculous.

He seems to do well with the heavy hitters in the state so yes there is probably a place for him to do PR which is a big part of a head coaches duties anyway.

So you think Dale is good at PR?  Really?  Are we talking about the same guy?

jabohog

I'm LMAO. So you say this staff has nice boobs, but they are still a two sacker to look at. Wilson, your too much hell.

Pork Twain

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 08:30:38 pm

Ridiculous.

He still has a job doesn't he.  We all know it is not because of his ability as a HC up to now.

PigPusher

August 09, 2006, 08:33:04 pm #30 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:35:56 pm by PigPusher

Ridiculous.

Yes sir I do... He has to have something going for him or he would have been gone before now.  Now if they have a decent year do we excise the lame leader ?  Don't thing so. Really don't...

GO HOGS!!!

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 09, 2006, 08:32:26 pm

Ridiculous.

He still has a job doesn't he.  We all know it is not because of his ability as a HC up to now.

It is NOT b/c of his PR abilities either.  How many times do we have to list the idiotic stuff this guy does and says?

Landonhog

Mark it down by golly.

I like your attitude....  Why not!?!
Listen to your elders kidos.... ;)

Pork Twain

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 08:35:07 pm

Ridiculous.

It is NOT b/c of his PR abilities either.  How many times do we have to list the idiotic stuff this guy does and says?
Why does he still have a job then?

Hugehogsfan

what was pig pushers smite count before this thread started eh?  they will get you for speaking positively. 

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 08:33:04 pm

Ridiculous.

Yes sir I do... He has to have something going for him or he would have been gone before now.  Now if they have a decent year do we excise the lame leader ?  Don't thing so. Really don't...

GO HOGS!!!

Well, then, I'm glad for your familial, personal or religious ties to Dale.  May Jesus bless your ministry.  He doesn't always heal the blind.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 09, 2006, 08:36:38 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 08:35:07 pm

Ridiculous.

Why does he still have a job then?

Ever seen the movie The Grifters?

PigPusher

When we begin yelling our frickin heads of because of the coming successes Coach Nutt will become a non-entity in terms of this thread.

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 08:39:31 pm
When we begin yelling our frickin heads of because of the coming successes Coach Nutt will become a non-entity in terms of this thread.

The successes will be because of what he subtracted, not what he brought to the table, which is overwhelmingly negative.  He has worn out his welcome.  He gets zero credit.

PigPusher

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on August 09, 2006, 08:37:21 pm
what was pig pushers smite count before this thread started eh?  they will get you for speaking positively. 

I noticed that it has been growing and it sure is telling about what happens if someone(s) disagreed with a happy post.  Doesn't bother though I am still quite excited about what is happening and refuse to have a negative slant as to its offing.  I do not have a lot of respect for Coach Nutt but I think I can see around him and that is what I am trying to do.

GO HOGS!!!  We are getting ready to kick some booty (by golly).

If anyone has a Karma of two that is just laying around I sure could use them right now.

hogwildinhouston

While it is still definitely too early to say, signs do seem to be pointing to Nutt doing what he needs to do.  From every practice report, he seems to be staying out of the way, overseeing how things are, and letting his coordinators run their own show.  Also, recruiting does seem to be a little more solid than in past years at this time. 

While I still believe he'll make this a clusterf..k before it is all over, for now, he is doing exactly what he needs to do to be successful.  Let his coaches coach, and him oversee.  We'll see if he can keep his hand out of the cookie jar as the season wears on.

PigPusher

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 08:45:04 pm

While it is still definitely too early to say, signs do seem to be pointing to Nutt doing what he needs to do.  From every practice report, he seems to be staying out of the way, overseeing how things are, and letting his coordinators run their own show.  Also, recruiting does seem to be a little more solid than in past years at this time. 

While I still believe he'll make this a clusterf..k before it is all over, for now, he is doing exactly what he needs to do to be successful.  Let his coaches coach, and him oversee.  We'll see if he can keep his hand out of the cookie jar as the season wears on.

Agree with most of what you said except I do not believe Coach Nutt is going to Muddy the pond. Since it was not (guess) his idea to hire the coaches in the first place he would not want to pee in his own boots and get his exit papers as a result. He is there by the grace of someone that has the power to end his ride.

Isn't it great?  We have an HC who is doing his job by getting out of the way (of people supposedly under his authority, ha ha).  WOW, that inspires confidence!

You guys crack me up..

PigPusher

August 09, 2006, 08:57:46 pm #43 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:01:37 pm by PigPusher
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 09, 2006, 08:54:25 pm
Isn't it great?  We have an HC who is doing his job by getting out of the way (of people supposedly under his authority, ha ha).  WOW, that inspires confidence!

You guys crack me up..

I watched Coach Broyles do that very thing for several years.  Its called delegation, but of course you already know that.  There is nothing wrong with delegating. I have to do it all the time or I would never meet a deadline.

hogwildinhouston

You guys crack me up..

He's doing his job by letting his staff do their jobs, rather than interfere and trying to micro-manage as in years past.  You know, like almost every other head coach in D 1A.

PigMan

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 08:58:15 pm

You guys crack me up..

He's doing his job by letting his staff do their jobs, rather than interfere and trying to micro-manage as in years past.  You know, like almost every other head coach in D 1A.

That's the way I see it too.

Quote from: PigPusher on August 09, 2006, 08:57:46 pm

You guys crack me up..

I watch Coach Broyles do that very thing for several years.  Its called delegation, but of course you already know that.  There is nothing wrong with delegating. I have to do it all the time or I would never meet a deadline.

So...who's he going to delegate to take the credit for him when he doesn't deserve it, blame freshman players to cover his own ass, continue to say embarrassing things at press conferences, alienate coaches, players and media....huh?  Who gets that job?

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 09, 2006, 08:07:30 pm

You certainly have a way with words.
Ditto

August 09, 2006, 09:03:49 pm #48 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 09:16:04 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: PigMan on August 09, 2006, 08:59:29 pm
Quote from: hogwildinhouston on August 09, 2006, 08:58:15 pm

You guys crack me up..

That's the way I see it too.

Bullshite.  Other "CEO" coaches aren't forced into that role.  Furthermore, they aren't told "if you meddle in ANY way you will be fired on the spot".  We deserve better.  Hog fans deserve an HC that can actually COACH AND BE TRUSTED.  You guys are settling for less, though admire your optimism (except those of you that are blind through familial, religious or personal ties to Dale).  But you are setting yourself up like the last few years and you will be sorry.

PigPusher

He will get the credit being the head coach because that is the way it is.  In years to come we will hear what a great coach he was and who he really turned things around with his skill and we will all get sick at our stomachs.  But, it is nonetheless getting reay to be good again!!