With all the new highways. Headed to Biloxi/Mobile area. Need best route

Started by idochog, June 02, 2015, 02:59:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

I love Jesus!

Hogfly

Quote from: idochog on June 02, 2015, 02:59:11 pm
Any thoughts?

I still think down through Lake Village, Tallulah, Jackson, Hattiesburg, Mobile is the best. The real question is whether to pop down south to Lucedale and hit I-10 going into Mobile or whether you want to come in on the hellish Hwy 98. If you're going to Biloxi first, then that isn't really a question.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Pigasaurus

Don't try the tunnel on a Saturday evening unless you have 3 hrs to kill.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Hogfly

Quote from: pigasaurus on June 06, 2015, 10:29:46 pm
Don't try the tunnel on a Saturday evening unless you have 3 hrs to kill.

Tunnel bypass is the way to go if you're hitting Mobile during any kind of serious traffic. Going through the shipyards is kind of cool, too.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hogfly on June 07, 2015, 04:56:33 pm
Tunnel bypass is the way to go if you're hitting Mobile during any kind of serious traffic. Going through the shipyards is kind of cool, too.

I don't know how to bypass the tunnel.  We were headed back 2-3 weeks ago and they had a message flashing saying the tunnel was closed and we came to a complete stop.  Got out of the car and asked a couple cars if they knew how to bypass and none did.  Luckily for us it was only stopped for 10 minutes or so and traffic resumed.  Never did know why. 

For future reference, how do you bypass it???
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 07, 2015, 06:37:26 pm
I don't know how to bypass the tunnel.  We were headed back 2-3 weeks ago and they had a message flashing saying the tunnel was closed and we came to a complete stop.  Got out of the car and asked a couple cars if they knew how to bypass and none did.  Luckily for us it was only stopped for 10 minutes or so and traffic resumed.  Never did know why. 

For future reference, how do you bypass it???

Hwy 90
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hogfaniam on June 07, 2015, 06:48:23 pm
Hwy 90

Appreciate it.  Definitely have to plan on that route because that doesn't go anywhere near where I'm heading. 

I bet we've been through that tunnel 25-30 times heading to Destin over the years and have never experienced problems like those being discussed here.  2-3 weeks ago we went through it around 2 on a Friday afternoon with no problems.  Now from Gulf Breeze to Destin was a bitch.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

oldman1015

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 08, 2015, 07:07:26 am
Appreciate it.  Definitely have to plan on that route because that doesn't go anywhere near where I'm heading. 

I bet we've been through that tunnel 25-30 times heading to Destin over the years and have never experienced problems like those being discussed here.  2-3 weeks ago we went through it around 2 on a Friday afternoon with no problems.  Now from Gulf Breeze to Destin was a bitch.
tunnel is bad on saturday going or coming.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

GreenwayTigerHog

There is a Hwy 98/Govt St. tunnel basically a street or 2 over from the I-10 tunnel.  I think you take the last exit before the I-10 tunnel.  I took it once going back west and stayed on 98 that went through Mobile and ended up right there at 98/Moffitt Rd and I-65.

If you are stuck in gridlock 2 miles before the tunnel it might not do you any good, but most of the traffic ends up in the lanes for the tunnel exit and the far right lanes are empty.

JansterZ71

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."