Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concession Stand Coffee Options?

Started by twistitup, January 13, 2018, 12:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Why not offer quaity black coffee- as always....but also have that machine that is popular at gas stations that pump out the super sweet 'coffee' drink? I'm not a big fan but the ladies and kids dig it....it's a powder mix - easy enough.

You can also go 1/2 and 1/2 w black coffee and it's pretty good.

On a cold day, I'm just thinking of concessions and how we can improve the game experience on frigid days.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The OTR

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 12:46:51 pm
Why not offer quaity black coffee- as always. But also have that machine that is popular at gas stations that pump out the super sweet 'coffee' drink? I'm not a big fan but the ladies and kids dig it....it's a powder mix - easy enough.

On a cold day, I'm just thinking of concessions and how we can improve the game experience on frigid days.

Twist one thing I admire about you is that you are a visionary.  In my lifetime there have only been a rare few that possess your vision. Leroy McGuirk, a wrestling promoter from the 70's and 80's, comes to mind as one with similar vision.

The good thing about this suggestion is we have time to implement your plan.  I think we can skate by in September and maybe most of October but I'd like to see this coffee thing up and running by late October of 2018. 

I hope you can keep bringing fresh idears like this to the table. 

One thing I'd like to see is a catfish bar or buffet inside the stadium.  Have different catfish options there for folks.  NEA gas station catfish, southern Arkansas Catfish (mud cats), red river catfish, and of course NWA catfish and the only one I can think of that might want to be a vendor for this would be the catfish hole.  This way people from all over the state could come in and sample various catfish and we could settle this catfish debate once and for all.

If a feller could load up a plate of catfish and all the trimmings and warsh it down with some of that sweet coffee you're talking about I think we'd have concessions that would be the envy of every school in the nation. 

twistitup

Great idea on the catfish Skandar but I bet that ticket package takes a huge donation...probably a part of that fancy North End transition.

On the catfish...we should have these guys come in and cook up some flathead, blue, and channel cat (steaks, fillets, and whole)- show people the difference in damn catfish. They might need my help if all they do is cook that grain fed whisker fish.

There is more to catfish than pond raised channel cat.

on another note, I do sneak catfish into the game in my boot occasionally.

The OTR

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 01:07:41 pm
Great idea on the catfish Skandar but I bet that ticket package takes a huge donation...probably a part of that fancy North End transition.

I'll admit it may be ambitious for the proletariat to think they would have access to a catfish bar I would say that our big donors like the traveler and ricepig and perhaps a few more might be able to enjoy amenities such as this and report on it so that the rest of us could live vicariously through them.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 13, 2018, 12:56:40 pm

Leroy McGuirk, a wrestling promoter from the 70's and 80's, comes to mind as one with similar vision.

Skandar, I don't know how many here are familiar with Leroy McGuirk, but I am, and I have to admit, that made me LMAO.  You know, he really was a visionary though.

Leroy actually started promoting in the 50s after his own wrestling career came to an end, ironically, in Little Rock.

And Twist, that is a capital idea.

twistitup

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 13, 2018, 01:20:45 pm
I'll admit it may be ambitious for the proletariat to think they would have access to a catfish bar I would say that our big donors like the traveler and ricepig and perhaps a few more might be able to enjoy amenities such as this and report on it so that the rest of us could live vicariously through them.

Ricepig will let us know...I trust his opinion. With all that dough he's got, I still scratch my head as to why he stays in a Holiday Inn in Springdale when he comes to NWA

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RaisinHog

I'm out on the blues but I would my donation for a spray of flat head

Bacons Rebellion

In the 21st century, the secret to successful coffee is adjectives. Quantity of adjectives equals quality.

As in:
"I'd like a Hammerdown Road-White Chocolate Steamboat Latte and a Lake Travis Style Organic Anthracite Cappucino"

"Good choice, sir. $38.00"

Wild Bill Hog

MuskogeeHogFan

Why not offer quaity black coffee- as always....but also have that machine that is popular at gas stations that pump out the super sweet 'coffee' drink? I'm not a big fan but the ladies and kids dig it....it's a powder mix - easy enough.

You and I have covered something similar to this before. How about let's start with the goal of just having enough of everything offered on the current concessions menu in sufficient supply so as to not run out at halftime or by the end of the 3rd quarter? We apparently have to learn to walk before we can jog, let alone run.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on January 13, 2018, 02:05:51 pm
In the 21st century, the secret to successful coffee is adjectives. Quantity of adjectives equals quality.

As in:
"I'd like a Hammerdown Road-White Chocolate Steamboat Latte and a Lake Travis Style Organic Anthracite Cappucino"

"Good choice, sir. $38.00"

Does that work for gas station coffee as well?

I'd like a Travis Tritt '86 two toned Silverado flathead 48oz next hour in the bathroom please.

porque

You need a Cache River flathead spread.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 13, 2018, 03:03:09 pm
Does that work for gas station coffee as well?

I'd like a Travis Tritt '86 two toned Silverado flathead 48oz next hour in the bathroom please.

How about a lotto ticket espresso please..........make that 20 of em.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 13, 2018, 02:25:20 pm
You and I have covered something similar to this before. How about let's start with the goal of just having enough of everything offered on the current concessions menu in sufficient supply so as to not run out at halftime or by the end of the 3rd quarter? We apparently have to learn to walk before we can jog, let alone run.

Keep everything in stock, for sure - but that's concessions 101..we should expect more. The way coaches are getting paid these days - it makes no sense to not max out the game day atmosphere. If Levy can't get it right, it's time to cut and run.

Powder coffee out of a damn machine is possible in 2018. Like was said previously, mix it with the black coffee with a little caramel white chocolate delight you get something Coach Chad Morris can be proud of.

The Full Tilt Boogie Caramel White Chocolate 50/50 please...

East Clintwood

Concession stand should only sell:

black coffee
coke
diet coke
bottled water

hot dogs
snickers
popcorn
potato chips

Any other choices would just slow things down.

This covers the basics and it's only for a few hours.  You can have your exotic items after the game.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

twistitup

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 13, 2018, 06:00:59 pm

black coffee
coke
diet coke
bottled water

hot dogs
snickers
popcorn
potato chips

This covers the basics and it's only for a few hours.  You can have your exotic items after the game.

On the middle school level, I agree. But this a billion dollar industry we watch on the field just to eat some cold popcorn and hotdogs?

No.

When you get in the mood for fried fish do you go to McDonalds?

Pigsknuckles

If the consession only sold black coffee, Diet Coke, hush puppies, and catfish, there would be no one left in the stands to watch the game. I'm in.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

East Clintwood

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 06:57:55 pm
On the middle school level, I agree. But this a billion dollar industry we watch on the field just to eat some cold popcorn and hotdogs?

No.

When you get in the mood for fried fish do you go to McDonalds?

No, but I don't go to a football game to get it either.

twistitup

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 13, 2018, 07:45:18 pm

No, but I don't go to a football game to get it either.

It cost too much to go to a football game to be fed junk.

You go to Razorback games East?

Pigasaurus

Gotta throw in some bug-eyed blues and spotted willow cats. Trot liners in SE Ar know what I'm talking about.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

East Clintwood

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 07:46:50 pm
It cost too much to go to a football game to be fed junk.

You go to Razorback games East?

I went to most games from 1961 to 2014, although I didn't go to very many the last few years.  My health finally put a stop to it.

When I went though, one of my goals was to spend as little time in concession or restroom lines as possible.  I was there to watch the game, not stand in line.

twistitup

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 13, 2018, 08:27:01 pm

I went to most games from 1961 to 2014, although I didn't go to very many the last few years.  My health finally put a stop to it.

When I went though, one of my goals was to spend as little time in concession or restroom lines as possible.  I was there to watch the game, not stand in line.

Times have changed, I guess. The complete gameday experience for the family is more than just a game. Same goes w stadiums like Jera's World in Dallas...beer, cheesesteak, cotton candy...it helps soften the loss

ImHogginIt

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 08:33:52 pm
Times have changed, I guess. The complete gameday experience for the family is more than just a game. Same goes w stadiums like Jera's World in Dallas...beer, cheesesteak, cotton candy...it helps soften the loss

Jerry World for Hogs and Aggies is an awesome environment in and out of the stadium. I've yet to miss a game there. Hopefully I won't leave pissed off next year for a change

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 14, 2018, 06:59:23 pm
Cains or Community!

Neither are Arkansas based....maybe Westrock or Arsagas?

PORKULATOR

How about no coffee. Dirty water community spends WAY too much on that schimdt
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: twistitup on January 14, 2018, 07:00:38 pm

Kennedy coffee is a solid coffee.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

twistitup

January 14, 2018, 08:39:32 pm #28 Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:21:04 am by twistitup
Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 14, 2018, 07:54:57 pm
How about no coffee. Dirty water community spends WAY too much on that schimdt

Decaf...now that's dirty water

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hog.goblin

jmark

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 13, 2018, 01:21:06 pm
Skandar, I don't know how many here are familiar with Leroy McGuirk, but I am, and I have to admit, that made me LMAO.  You know, he really was a visionary though.

Leroy actually started promoting in the 50s after his own wrestling career came to an end, ironically, in Little Rock.

And Twist, that is a capital idea.

"and watch out for flyin' chairs"
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Some flavored coffees wouldn't be bad.  I'm kinda partial to southern pecan myself.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I hope the coaches are working hard enough to get us a longer season where those frigid days hang out...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Laughing Hog

Really should support our vets and offer the coffee these guys offer ....

Too bad they can't offer whiskey at the game, 'specially like this....

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

zane

Quote from: twistitup on January 13, 2018, 01:07:41 pm

On the catfish...we should have these guys come in and cook up some flathead, blue, and channel cat (steaks, fillets, and whole)- show people the difference in damn catfish. They might need my help if all they do is cook that grain fed whisker fish.

There is more to catfish than pond raised channel cat.

You could reserve the flathead belly meat for the indoor club crowd and really charge a premium
RIP LSUfan

twistitup

Quote from: zane on January 17, 2018, 08:25:14 am
You could reserve the flathead belly meat for the indoor club crowd and really charge a premium

True...

Good stuff - flatheads have an amazing amount of tasty belly meat - we cut it into nuggets - what a treat! Catfish poppers for ricepig and his premium buddies.

pigture perfect

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 13, 2018, 06:00:59 pm

black coffee
coke
diet coke
bottled water

hot dogs
snickers
popcorn
potato chips

and Frito Pie.

I think AQ Chicken used to have a booth right outside of the stadium a few years back didn't they?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HogRadioTMC

As the official coffee partner of the Razorbacks, Westrock Coffee is proudly served inside all UA athletic venues.  WPS!!

Razorbackers

Quote from: twistitup on January 14, 2018, 07:00:38 pm

Slim Chickens is the answer.

Slims would be a wonderful addition to the concession options.

Cayenne ranch chicken sandwich at halftime? Heck yes.

GoHogzzGo

I'd buy some of the black stuff in the second half after my beers in the first.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 13, 2018, 01:38:44 pm
Need a Peet's Coffee concession!

What is the deal with Peet's? I keep seeing it talked about everywhere all of a sudden.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 17, 2018, 10:04:52 am
and Frito Pie.

I think AQ Chicken used to have a booth right outside of the stadium a few years back didn't they?

Believe you are right about AQ having a booth.

jdelo77

I know an Oklahoma based coffee company that has tried a few times  to get RRS and BW , they also have coffee at the Union and around campus ..

twistitup

I think it's time we plan some spring drills & practice for those running our concessions. We seem to be caught 'off guard' every fall...but why? Maybe it's a lack of practice and planning? If our football players didn't practice, they wouldn't play well on Sat either.

We could simulate games (scrimmages) , fans could attend, and the concessions staff could work and get some well needed practice if this all comes together. We could try diff food and beverage ideas and get immediate feedback from fans attending the scrimmage.

These practices won't draw enough attendance to overwhelm the young concessions staff, but just enough to let them sharpen their skills a little before the first big Saturday.

I know...I know - It's winter -but we need to lay the groundwork now if we will be enjoying the 'foods of our labor' in the fall.

whippersnapper

If I am not mistaken the is the concession staff ran under the same group as parking staff? If that is the case then there is no preparing for it other then experience. I have parked cars a few times and they just tell you where people can and can't park to keep from getting towed. The school I work for is always sending staff emails asking for workers on the home game parking.

parallaxpig

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 18, 2018, 07:00:42 am
If I am not mistaken the is the concession staff ran under the same group as parking staff? If that is the case then there is no preparing for it other then experience. I have parked cars a few times and they just tell you where people can and can't park to keep from getting towed. The school I work for is always sending staff emails asking for workers on the home game parking.

two different groups
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Snout team

Twist, this has some merit.  Instead of 40 and shuttle times we could time the coke pepsi cup filling time.

Every concession worker needs to know how to call an audible at the line when the play clock is counting down.  What if they run out of hot dog buns and have to audible a hamburger without ever having a meaningful game experience crisis?  I mean this is the SEC.  Not just any concession worker can handle the pressure and demands of the game.

And one more thing.  They have to do something about those prices.   I mean I understand the whole argument of what they get out of being a big time concession worker at a big time program.  But come on man.  $8 for a nacho?  $6 for a coke pepsi?

I think you should lead the charge.  In defense of the concessions groups I know many  of them are volunteers who work concessions for fund raising efforts for their non profit groups.  So Twist, you should lead a group of volunteer trainers from hogville to teach them how to do it right.  If any proceeds come from our time there we can use it to spruce this place up or even use it for bribe money to pay Lanny or ban a few posters who get on our nerves (clears throat---AP--clears throat)
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Torqued pork

Bring in Gordon Ramsay to get the food quality and personnel ready for primetime.

SquidBilly

This season the pressure will be on like never before.  Over 80,000 seats for the first time and a completed concourse that allows for fans to easily move to the concession stand of their choice regardless of east side or west side.  Competition for customers will be heated so if they aren't on their game they will lose out.  May the best stand win!