Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Legend has passed.

Started by H&D, March 24, 2013, 04:59:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

H&D

If you have ever lifted, been a body builder or power lifter in your life, chances are you have worked out on something with his name on it.  A true Legend as a body builder, promoter, entrepreneur, ect....

R.I.P. Joe Weider

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/03/23/fitness-and-bodybuilding-icon-joe-weider-dies-at-3/?intcmp=features

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

CallThemHawgs!

Wow, sad news. Truly a legend in the sport. One of the founders.

RIP

cosmodrum

Definitely used Weider weight gainer back in the day. Wasn't he Arnold's trainer, too?
Go away, batin'

Hogsmo Kramer

Man hate to hear that he was the godfather of bodybuilding as far as I'm concerned.

Love Arnold, Lou, etc. but Weider made it all possible.

RIP you will be missed!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

H&D

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 24, 2013, 09:30:16 pm
Definitely used Weider weight gainer back in the day. Wasn't he Arnold's trainer, too?

He brought Arnold to the US.  He said that ever sport needed a hero and he felt Arnold was the guy.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Buff

Dang.  There was a great article on him in the last Muscle & Fitness.  Never realized just how much he did for his sport.

Bam, Alright Now

DeltaBoy

RIP Joe your were a Legend who got me serious about Weight Lifting.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Still hard to believe he is gone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigture perfect

Definitely used his product in the day.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Grag T

"The man I hate the most is also the man I admire the most: Joe Weider!"  -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Joe was a lot of things... but he was the driving force that made weightlifing mainstream.  Lots of history contained in that man.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde