Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB's recruiting overall is on a yearly uptick, and I finally REALLY calmned down about it...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, July 10, 2015, 09:02:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

After reading the extensive interviews from RD regarding "The Opening", it finally hit me that we only have 11 commits because more and more highly sought after recruits have us on their real "Short Lists"... These guys have a ton of blue chip schools to from, and we are in it to win it like never before. If we have a monster season look out..! We are for real...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ldfergu

I think a 10 win season would be monumental on the recruiting front for us. We already are after so many high quality players and should land a few like normal. But a big season is the last thing these kids need to see. They already know how great the coaching staff is and that we are on an upswing...just need that big year!

Wildhog

I'm very pleased with recruiting, overall.  Can't wait for football season to get here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 10, 2015, 09:05:49 am
I think a 10 win season would be monumental on the recruiting front for us. We already are after so many high quality players and should land a few like normal. But a big season is the last thing these kids need to see. They already know how great the coaching staff is and that we are on an upswing...just need that big year!

You are right, but if we just have a really marketable win, such as at Bama, or killing AU up here, something along those lines as part of a really good season might just do the trick as well.

In this day and age you just have to do something to get the stinkers at ESPN to talk about you A LOT!!  I think that influences the kids as much as the bottom line record.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

flagstaffhog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2015, 09:16:44 am
I'm very pleased with recruiting, overall.  Can't wait for football season to get here.

My thoughts exactly...

GO HOGS GO!
Go HOGS Go!

secneahog

Yea who knew Dexter Lawrence talks to the staff all the time and IS going to visit. Crazy 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ZERO

It's funny, because we don't really have much star power or flashy recruits so far. We have like three guys who are rated 2* still. But we're recruiting huge guys who seem extremely coachable. Most people all seem to be on the same page in agreeing that his coaching and recruiting style is proven and reliable. It's a good feeling, and I'm glad nearly everyone has finally come around.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ZERO on July 11, 2015, 09:12:36 am
It's funny, because we don't really have much star power or flashy recruits so far. We have like three guys who are rated 2* still. But we're recruiting huge guys who seem extremely coachable. Most people all seem to be on the same page in agreeing that his coaching and recruiting style is proven and reliable. It's a good feeling, and I'm glad nearly everyone has finally come around.

Austin Cantrell was a 2 star on some sites at this point last year. That changed

tusksincolorado

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 10, 2015, 09:02:11 am
After reading the extensive interviews from RD regarding "The Opening", it finally hit me that we only have 11 commits because more and more highly sought after recruits have us on their real "Short Lists"... These guys have a ton of blue chip schools to from, and we are in it to win it like never before. If we have a monster season look out..! We are for real...

Move towards the light, come towards the light......Welcome to the positive side my fellow brethren!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hoggish1

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 12, 2015, 08:30:04 am
Move towards the light, come towards the light......Welcome to the positive side my fellow brethren!

LOL If I get any closer to the light I'll burn up...!

secneahog

This class will end up being A great one. But my goodness 2017 has the potential to be explosive.
Lber Baron Browning is a STUD. Weve been On him for awhile. 6'4 220 2017 recruit???
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MinerMan24

Definitely thing we have the chance to do something special with the coming up recruiting classes, but we have been fine in the past with 2 and three star recruits!  would like us to get a stud or two at running back, Agim, and some beasts playing WR.

::hornsdown::

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 12, 2015, 08:30:04 am

I've been pumping sunshine for 20 years hoping and praying for this Razorback Revival. It's just taken me a long time to actually see it, and know it was about to happen...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RebelW

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 15, 2015, 03:04:33 pm
I've been pumping sunshine for 20 years hoping and praying for this Razorback Revival. It's just taken me a long time to actually see it, and know it was about to happen...
YEAH RIGHT "KNOWWWWW"

Vantage 8 dude

Interesting that not only are the overall quality of our recruits improving dramatically, but notice too how many of these kids that are visiting with fellow players in tow. It worked last year in the case of our "Great Dane" and I suspect that before it's all over we just might convince several "add ons" to give the Hill a shot as well. Kinda like a proud home buyer who wants all his/her friends to see "look at the classy, upscale neighborhood I'm going to be living the next four or five years".  8) 8) :razorback: :razorback: