Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Offer for JUCO OG Dwayne Wallace

Started by redeye, July 09, 2015, 10:16:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

I just noticed this on Richard's twitter feed:

QuoteRichard Davenport ‏@ArRecruitingGuy  33m33 minutes ago
Richard Davenport retweeted JUCO Football Frenzy
Keep an eye on Dwayne. Have heard great things about his skill level.  Richard Davenport added,

JUCO Football Frenzy @JUCOFFrenzy
2016 (Riverside City CC) JUCO OL @dweezy951 Dwayne Wallace was offered by Arkansas
HL http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1443495/highlights/167958379 ...

I think it's this guy:

http://247sports.com/Player/Dwayne-Wallace-82895

He's 6'4, 350 lbs and committed to Louisville.

NLRHog92

Moves well for someone that big, but does need to shed some pounds. I think we can do a lot better.

scruf

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 09, 2015, 11:26:59 pm
Moves well for someone that big, but does need to shed some pounds. I think we can do a lot better.

When Arkansas offers an offensive lineman and you say, "I think we can do a lot better," what you're really saying is, "I know a lot more about what constitutes a good offensive line prospect than Sam Pittman does."

Just think about that for a minute.

NLRHog92

Quote from: scruf on July 10, 2015, 12:48:39 am
When Arkansas offers an offensive lineman and you say, "I think we can do a lot better," what you're really saying is, "I know a lot more about what constitutes a good offensive line prospect than Sam Pittman does."

Thanks for expressing my thoughts for me and putting words in my mouth, much obliged! No. What I am saying is that while he is obviously good enough to earn an offer from the coaches, I think we can get HS kids that project better. Maybe the staff feels the need for a JUCO OL and aren't feeling great about landing Bolles, but I would prefer to have HS kids in which the staff can mold and work their magic on.

WildRazorback

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 04:02:49 am
Thanks for expressing my thoughts for me and putting words in my mouth, much obliged! No. What I am saying is that while he is obviously good enough to earn an offer from the coaches, I think we can get HS kids that project better. Maybe the staff feels the need for a JUCO OL and aren't feeling great about landing Bolles, but I would prefer to have HS kids in which the staff can mold and work their magic on.

Tretola turned out pretty well. Sometimes Juco guys are ready to step in and contribute from day one. The coaches obviously feel like it's our best option since we are on Boles and now this guy.

NLRHog92

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 10, 2015, 04:15:16 am
Tretola turned out pretty well. Sometimes Juco guys are ready to step in and contribute from day one. The coaches obviously feel like it's our best option since we are on Boles and now this guy.

Especially considering he got here late and was as overweight as this guy. Tretola is crazy athletic for that big though. He also had tons of offers, similar to Bolles, whereas Wallace just has the UL offer. It's strangely ironic because BP never had a JUCO workout here and his system is so drastically different. I'm not questioning the coaches whatsoever, that wasn't my intent. It's obviously that they want to continue to build depth and seems they do want a guy that has relative experience. But again, it seems telling that they don't feel confident about Bolles.

WildRazorback

July 10, 2015, 05:10:20 am #6 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:20:59 am by WildRazorback
Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 04:30:42 am
Especially considering he got here late and was as overweight as this guy. Tretola is crazy athletic for that big though. He also had tons of offers, similar to Bolles, whereas Wallace just has the UL offer. It's strangely ironic because BP never had a JUCO workout here and his system is so drastically different. I'm not questioning the coaches whatsoever, that wasn't my intent. It's obviously that they want to continue to build depth and seems they do want a guy that has relative experience. But again, it seems telling that they don't feel confident about Bolles.

Boles is a smaller guy meant to play tackle. Wallace is a different animal. He is exactly like Tretola; our staff wants to work him into being a muscular, beefy guard. To my knowledge, we aren't high on any guard's radar right now. I think Okafor was our only other real option there, but I believe he's looking elsewhere. We already have a tackle and guard committed; however, I think they will need time with coach Herb and Pittman before they are SEC ready. So it makes sense to look at a JUCO guy at both the tacke and guard spots. In my opinion, I don't think it implies anything about our position with Boles.

P.S. let's not play by the "amount of offers" card. JUCO guys are often less desirable and an offer from Louisville is nothing to scoff at. I have a big hunch he will be ours before too long and we will all praise him. Our coaches must have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of and what his commonality status is.

MissippHog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 09, 2015, 11:26:59 pm
You're probably correct.  If I'm not mistaken I think I read somewhere that our coaches were fine with settling on lesser recruits these days.
/sarcasm

Steef

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 10, 2015, 05:10:20 am
Boles is a smaller guy meant to play tackle. Wallace is a different animal. He is exactly like Tretola; our staff wants to work him into being a muscular, beefy guard. To my knowledge, we aren't high on any guard's radar right now. I think Okafor was our only other real option there, but I believe he's looking elsewhere. We already have a tackle and guard committed; however, I think they will need time with coach Herb and Pittman before they are SEC ready. So it makes sense to look at a JUCO guy at both the tacke and guard spots. In my opinion, I don't think it implies anything about our position with Boles.

P.S. let's not play by the "amount of offers" card. JUCO guys are often less desirable and an offer from Louisville is nothing to scoff at. I have a big hunch he will be ours before too long and we will all praise him. Our coaches must have a pretty good idea of what he is capable of and what his commonality status is.

Really good post.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 04:30:42 am
BP never had a JUCO workout here

Robert Thomas, Kiero Small and Rudell Crim say hi.

Anyway, if there's one coach I trust in evaluating prospects, it's Pittman. Skipper was the last Pittman offer that I questioned and Skipper has worked out alright.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Choctaw Hog

Name a few of the high school kids you think "project better" and let us know how many times you've talked to him, his parents, watched him work out, watched him play in person, how many times you studied his film, etc.  Also, let us know how many players you've scouted and coached that have played in the NFL.

Not that I'm doubting your expertise but I just want to compare your knowledge of the situation and compare it to our coaches so I'll have a point of reference to determine who to trust in this evaluation/offer game.  Our proven Razorback coaches or someone who posts on message boards for free who goes by the name NLRHog92. Tough call. 

Arthur pigby sellers.

Isn't this staff batting close to 1.00 on JUCO signees?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on July 10, 2015, 07:21:17 am

Close on the ones they went after. There were about 3 or 4 that didn't pan out in CBB's first class...... However they were already committed when CBB arrived.

TQ Coleman is really the only CBB guy I can think of that didn't really contribute

DCimport

Quote from: HogInFlorida on July 10, 2015, 06:37:15 am
Robert Thomas, Kiero Small and Rudell Crim say hi.
Anyway, if there's one coach I trust in evaluating prospects, it's Pittman. Skipper was the last Pittman offer that I questioned and Skipper has worked out alright.
Anthony Leon worked out well after he made the move to OLB his second year
Alonzo Highsmith was another good LB despite injuries

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Seebs

Questioning Coach Pittman offers is like giving Bill Gates money advice.

Clay Travis just moved us down to #6 by reading one poster on this thread. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Styflin

A JUCO OG makes sense for us next year. We still have a very young offensive line. This player could provide much needed depth for a couple years. He may even be able to contend with some of the younger prospects for a starting role.

The JUCO OT Bolles is a little more of a head scratcher IMO. He is a highly recruited player that will be able to start for many programs. Does he start for Arkansas though? I understand that Kirkland COULD be leaving. If Kirkland decides to declare, we still have Brian Wallace that is being groomed. Dan Skipper could always move back to LT and Wallace to RT.

Bolles isn't coming to provide depth. Maybe Skipper could move back to guard and have Wallace and Bolles on the outside? I am a big proponent of bringing in a lot of OL. We need them. I am just not sure what the plan is for Bolles.

Thoughts?

Wildhog

Quote from: Styflin on July 10, 2015, 10:29:28 am
A JUCO OG makes sense for us next year. We still have a very young offensive line. This player could provide much needed depth for a couple years. He may even be able to contend with some of the younger prospects for a starting role.

The JUCO OT Bolles is a little more of a head scratcher IMO. He is a highly recruited player that will be able to start for many programs. Does he start for Arkansas though? I understand that Kirkland COULD be leaving. If Kirkland decides to declare, we still have Brian Wallace that is being groomed. Dan Skipper could always move back to LT and Wallace to RT.

Bolles isn't coming to provide depth. Maybe Skipper could move back to guard and have Wallace and Bolles on the outside? I am a big proponent of bringing in a lot of OL. We need them. I am just not sure what the plan is for Bolles.

Thoughts?

Bolles is a stud, and you can't have too many stud OL.  They'll get the best five on the field.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Styflin on July 10, 2015, 10:29:28 am

Thoughts?
Bolles is about depth and having another body in the rotation of 8 or so OL ready to play next year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NLRHog92

Damn, some of you people (Choctaw) act like I'm personally attacking you. Stifling and WildRazorback both had good post that made a bit more sense to me. I guess coaches are banking on Kirkland leaving after this year, even though it's his first at T and still want/need more bodies at G since we didn't get one at the end of last year. My point was that I would rather have a highly regarded HS kid that has more time to learn, grow and contribute. I never said this kid was awful, I was going by first impressions that he's overweight and a JUCO player.

navyhog24

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 12:43:44 pm
Damn, some of you people (Choctaw) act like I'm personally attacking you. Stifling and WildRazorback both had good post that made a bit more sense to me. I guess coaches are banking on Kirkland leaving after this year, even though it's his first at T and still want/need more bodies at G since we didn't get one at the end of last year. My point was that I would rather have a highly regarded HS kid that has more time to learn, grow and contribute. I never said this kid was awful, I was going by first impressions that he's overweight and a JUCO player.

We need depth all along the line. I'm sure we'll still attempt to get Tackles. Maybe the coaches see this guy as more of a replacement for Tretola than Kirkland.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2015, 09:48:26 am
If Pittman wants him, I want him.

Pittman - The Recruiting Honey Badger. Pittman takes what he wants!

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas does not want to have huge waves of players graduating in any one season. They need to sign a bunch of Olinemen to improve depth. Right now you have

LT Kirkland (jr), Gibson (rfr), Jackson (fr)
LG Tretola (sr), Allen (fr), Koehler (so), Hannah (rfr)
C Smothers (sr), Rogers (fr)
RG Ragnow (so), Danenhauer (sr), Merrick (fr)
RT Skipper (jr), Wallace (rfr), Beck (sr)

Class layout:

4 seniors | 2 juniors | 2 sophomores | 3 redshirt freshmen | 4 freshmen

Total numbers = 15 ... not sure whether they have any more preferred walk-ons coming.

The sophomore and junior classes are light on numbers. Could use another junior or two for next year. Going to try to sign five Olinemen, not exactly crowding out freshmen.
[CENSORED]!

Choctaw Hog

You make this statement "I think we can do a lot better" about a player Arkansas just offered and I'm trying to get a perspective as to how you came to that conclusion.  How in the hell is that attacking you? 

Perhaps you are a recruiting visionary and know more than those currently making offerers on behalf of the Razorback football program.  If you are, then list a few solid reasons as to why you think you know more than the Razorback staff as to who they should and shouldn't offer.  That isn't an attack, it's an invitation to expand on your football qualifications. 

gmarv

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 10, 2015, 03:04:01 pm
Arkansas does not want to have huge waves of players graduating in any one season. They need to sign a bunch of Olinemen to improve depth. Right now you have

Class layout:

Total numbers = 15 ... not sure whether they have any more preferred walk-ons coming.

The sophomore and junior classes are light on numbers. Could use another junior or two for next year. Going to try to sign five Olinemen, not exactly crowding out freshmen.
of these 4 freshmen how many do you guys think will redshirt?

Styflin

Quote from: gmarv on July 10, 2015, 03:50:40 pm
of these 4 freshmen how many do you guys think will redshirt?

IMO:
Jackson takes a redshirt.
Merrick will travel with the team but likely redshirts.
Rogers will rotate with Smothers this season. Very similar to what Ragnow did.
Allen will most likely play out of necessity. He is a year older than the other freshman which bodes well for him. Allen will get looks at center and guard in the fall. I think he finds his way on the field.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 10, 2015, 03:04:01 pm

Class layout:

You have Merrick at G. Do you think they want him to end of at T?
SOOIE

MS_HogFan

Quote from: Styflin on July 10, 2015, 04:37:27 pm
IMO:
Jackson takes a redshirt.
Merrick will travel with the team but likely redshirts.
Rogers will rotate with Smothers this season. Very similar to what Ragnow did.
Allen will most likely play out of necessity. He is a year older than the other freshman which bodes well for him. Allen will get looks at center and guard in the fall. I think he finds his way on the field.

Seems like as good a guess as any.

Did last year cost Allen anything? RS year?
SOOIE

NLRHog92

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on July 10, 2015, 03:26:25 pm
You make this statement "I think we can do a lot better" about a player Arkansas just offered and I'm trying to get a perspective as to how you came to that conclusion.  How in the hell is that attacking you? 

Perhaps you are a recruiting visionary and know more than those currently making offerers on behalf of the Razorback football program.  If you are, then list a few solid reasons as to why you think you know more than the Razorback staff as to who they should and shouldn't offer.  That isn't an attack, it's an invitation to expand on your football qualifications.

Great reading comprehension there! Never said that I was being attacked. I said that you act like I was attacking you by questioning the offer and what it entails. I don't claim to know more than the staff (obviously), and it's stupid reasoning. If that were the case, message boards wouldn't be a thing. Love all the passive aggressive statements btw :D

secneahog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 05:27:57 pm
Great reading comprehension there! Never said that I was being attacked. I said that you act like I was attacking you by questioning the offer and what it entails. I don't claim to know more than the staff (obviously), and it's stupid reasoning. If that were the case, message boards wouldn't be a thing. Love all the passive aggressive statements btw :D

Has it ever occurred to you that recruits Google HV..they check and see if posts are made about them.

So when someone gets a offer from us they might be more likely to Google hv.

When they do Google it they will read your retarded statement that we could do better.

You don't know the kid...the situation...this staffs thinking..

All you're doing is showing your ignorance. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MissippHog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on July 10, 2015, 05:27:57 pm
I think he asked a fair question.  Who do you have in mind that you think is "a lot better?"  Keep in mind that you are suggesting that your opinion is higher than the one's who offered the scholarship and they are considered to be some of the best in the game.

NLRHog92

Quote from: secneahog on July 10, 2015, 05:57:03 pm
Has it ever occurred to you that recruits Google HV..they check and see if posts are made about them.

So when someone gets a offer from us they might be more likely to Google hv.

When they do Google it they will read your retarded statement that we could do better.

You don't know the kid...the situation...this staffs thinking..

All you're doing is showing your ignorance.

Show me where I said the kid was bad or wouldn't be a good fit here? I even said he moves well for someone his size! I was just wondering about the JUCO option and how it pertains to our current roster. By better, I meant a HS with more upside and more offers. Oh, and you're one to speak on ignorance loosely throwing out the word retarded.

Styflin

Quote from: MS_HogFan on July 10, 2015, 05:24:50 pm
Seems like as good a guess as any.

Did last year cost Allen anything? RS year?

It didn't cost him a year. He sat out of footba for one year after not getting into North Carolina.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on July 10, 2015, 07:21:17 am
McClure was a JC guy who did not play much.  Overall though BB has done well with the few we have had. 

redeye

Good point!

However, I don't think NLRHog's intent was to bash a recruit.  Let this serve as a reminder for us all to watch what we say.

Note that Richard said he's heard great things about Wallace's skill level and he doesn't usually say those things for players we don't really want.  As others have noted, if Pittman wants him, so do I.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 10, 2015, 11:04:30 pm
McClure was a JC guy who did not play much.  Overall though BB has done well with the few we have had. 

Yeah, but McClure was committed before CBB arrived.  TQ Coleman is the only CBB recruit I can think of not making an impact

WaltonCollege

@dweezy951 everyone go follow this guy on twitter and let's steal him from Petrino. We may lose up to 4 starters this year on the line and need depth bad in '16. B said we are going to sign anywhere from 4-6 O linemen this class Woo Pig!

scruf

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 11, 2015, 07:19:44 am
Yeah, but McClure was committed before CBB arrived.  TQ Coleman is the only CBB recruit I can think of not making an impact

Myke Tavarres didn't pan out.

jgphillips3

I will rarely give carte Blanche to a coach, but Sam Pittman is that guy.  If he thinks a kid is worthy of an offer, I will just agree without questioning.  Pittman is just that good.  Kind of like if Saban offers a player in the secondary.  I too don't think NLR92 meant any disrespect other than to say there may be other targets we can still get ahead of this kid that are more offered/more acclaimed but Pittman agreeing to offer is ALL I need to know.

texas tush hog

That's classic.

PigDaddyKane

So, back to the recruit.  I looked at the video and was impressed. He moves really well, can run downfield.  Usually pancakes his guy.  I thought the video said he is a mid term graduate. 

Get him in here in January, learn the system, let the strength program take over.  Looks like a great prospect. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

WaltonCollege

He retweeted that poster of our starting O Linemen, at least shows some interest. Go Hogs!