Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] Jake Heinrich is now a Hog (Heinrich announcing at 6 today!)

Started by FBREW000, July 01, 2015, 04:40:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBREW000

4* OL Jake Heinrich is supposedly announcing at 6 today, Out of Arkansas, Oregon and Iowa State I think...

Arkansasno1

Just a hunch. I bet we get good news.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Seebs

We always get a commit it seems when RD is on Vaycay - I hope the trend continues.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Music City Hog

I would love to get this kid. We need OL in big numbers.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Love those Hogs

Hogs 4 Life!

greenie

It's 6:02...what's the hold up?   ;)

Richard_white

greenie

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You tell him that's B.S. We wanna know now..!!!

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

WildRazorback

He said on Twitter than an "announcement" was coming at 6pm. He literally had it in quotes like that. He was never going to announce his commitment tonight. His "announcement" was him telling us his commitment date, which is July 4th.

Scott7703

I think we get good news on July 4th

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 01, 2015, 06:08:11 pm
He said on Twitter than an "announcement" was coming at 6pm. He literally had it in quotes like that. He was never going to announce his commitment tonight. His "announcement" was him telling us his commitment date, which is July 4th.

All is well if he picks The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

WildRazorback

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 01, 2015, 07:00:14 pm
All is well if he picks The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

Agreed. I think he has to be a Hog lean at this point. I can't see Oregon being in the discussion with them offering as late as they did. The only problem might be with Iowa State being the local team. So we'll see.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Music City Hog

July 01, 2015, 07:40:12 pm #17 Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:18:09 pm by Music City Hog
Quote from: PEtrader on July 01, 2015, 07:38:58 pm
Picking Oregon

Crystal ball is 75% Iowa state.  You know something or just a hunch about Oregon?  I think we have a good shot based on nothing at all but a gut feeling.

PEtrader

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 01, 2015, 07:40:12 pm
Crystal ball is 75% Iowa state.  You know something or just a hunch about Oregon?  I think we have a good shot based on nothing at all but I gut feeling.

Why would anyone pick state?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Music City Hog

Quote from: PEtrader on July 01, 2015, 07:41:40 pm
Why would anyone pick state?

The home state thing is the only reason.   No other reason that would happen.   

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Music City Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 01, 2015, 08:31:07 pm
So did he announce or not?

He announced that he is announcing on July 4.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 01, 2015, 08:32:37 pm
He announced that he is announcing on July 4.

It was merely a pre-commitment, commitment message
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Scott7703

Quote from: PEtrader on July 01, 2015, 07:38:58 pm
Picking Oregon

In the very recent past one of our recruiting guys was all but certain he would be a hog. I've heard no different since.

ZERO

Though we could lose out, I personally never go into an OL commitment battle thinking we're not the favorite if we've made the top three/five cut.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

MissippHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 01, 2015, 07:40:12 pm
Crystal ball is 75% Iowa state.  You know something or just a hunch about Oregon?  I think we have a good shot based on nothing at all but a gut feeling.
Crystal ball now shows that it's 50/50 between us and Iowa State.  Trey Scott who looks to be an Iowa State dude based on his message board activity picked us late last night.

MissippHog

Also found this from Trey Scott:

Changed my CB pick on Heinrich.....
From Iowa State, which is what I've had it since last fall, to Arkansas.

I'm just not getting any vibes that he's going to be a Cyclone. His comments last week ("still somewhat in consideration") plus his short timeline (Saturday) make me pretty confident in this. Iowa State will still recruit him and will have a shot down the road of trying to jump back into the picture.

Tough for ISU. It looked really good even two weeks.

http://iowastate.247sports.com/Board/101486/Contents/Changed-my-CB-pick-on-Heinrich-38027892

The_Boot_stops_here

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

HogFansReunited

Trending in the right direction but these crystal ball picks really don't mean anything.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Wildhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on July 02, 2015, 08:33:22 am
Trending in the right direction but these crystal ball picks really don't mean anything.

Yeah, I prefer tea leaves to crystal balls.  :)

Iowa State writers think he's going to Arkansas.  Oregon boards aren't talking about him at all.  And he just started following Danny West (as well as most of our coaches) on twitter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Wildhog on July 02, 2015, 08:36:34 am

Iowa State writers think he's going to Arkansas.  Oregon boards aren't talking about him at all.  And he just started following Danny West (as well as most of our coaches) on twitter.

That is a very good sign.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JackJohnson

Quote from: Wildhog on July 02, 2015, 08:36:34 am

lots of times the tea leaves and the crystal ball picks go hand in hand...when a kid sets an announcement date and the picks start flooding in for one school that is usually a good sign where they are going. 

People often say "the crystal ball was X% for this school and they went here!" but fail to notice/mention that those picks were made several months previous with no recent picks for any school

I think we are in fantastic shape for the reasons you mention and this is a big time get at a NEED position!

HoggusMaximus

Just went from 50-50 to 60-40 hog favor.

Seebs

60% gets degrees - well in some places, I was horrible at math.

Come on down Mr. Heinrich
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jjdlc

Quote from: HogFansReunited on July 02, 2015, 08:33:22 am

Typically your right.  When they start trending in the final days leading up to a commitment date though, that is usually a pretty good indicator.  Not 100%, but probably 80ish anyway. 

oldfart

if it were home state he should pick iowa.. a better conference at least in my estimation. but lets hope neither is the case

JackJohnson

Quote from: oldfart on July 02, 2015, 09:53:05 am
if it were home state he should pick iowa.. a better conference at least in my estimation. but lets hope neither is the case

he doesn't have an iowa offer-which is absurd considering they have a couple of commits from in state lineman that have no other offers- it is iowa st that is in contention

Bubba's Bruisers

Does he even have an IA offer?  They have traditionally been an OL factory under Ferentz.

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 02, 2015, 09:56:48 am
he doesn't have an iowa offer-which is absurd considering they have a couple of commits from in state lineman that have no other offers- it is iowa st that is in contention

OK, nevermind.  Odd.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HoggusMaximus

Who knows what goes on in these coaches minds. None of us here are college level coaches so its a moot point trying to figure out why Iowa state would offer the kid along with other big schools like Louisville and Oregon, but Iowa does not. After I watched his video, (which every single block seems to be a pancake)
He looks like a good get. Don't know the level of talent he is going up against though.

GolfnHog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on July 02, 2015, 10:21:01 am
Who knows what goes on in these coaches minds. None of us here are college level coaches so its a moot point trying to figure out why Iowa state would offer the kid along with other big schools like Louisville and Oregon, but Iowa does not. After I watched his video, (which every single block seems to be a pancake)
He looks like a good get. Don't know the level of talent he is going up against though.

Was in Iowa over the weekend attending a wedding and the wedding party was made up of U of Iowa medical students etc...

Football was a big topic and it seems that the majority of Hawkeye fans I spoke with are at about wits end w/ Frentz but know they are stuck with him due to the huge buyout it would take to get another coach currently.

What was clearly established and wished for was when the day comes that Frentz is no longer the coach, the man we call "Coach B" is at the top of their dream sheets. Yes, they  follow the Hogs because of it and were very complimentary of the direction the Hogs are heading whilst pining for "that day"
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hogberry Snortcake

Urbandale is Des Moines which is ISU territory (bout a half hour to Ames), so maybe he grew up Iowa State and told IA straight up "No thanks". 

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on July 02, 2015, 01:22:40 pm
Urbandale is Des Moines which is ISU territory (bout a half hour to Ames), so maybe he grew up Iowa State and told IA straight up "No thanks". 

I don't believe for one second that he couldn't call Ferentz right now and get a scholarship.  Still, I wonder what the deal is. 

Regardless, he'll be a great pickup for the hogs.
1909/1964/1965/1977

NLRHog92

Better than SEC or Big12?

Huds_HawgTide

Big 10 is lots better then big 12
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

redeye

Quote from: jjdlc on July 02, 2015, 09:50:42 am
Typically your right.  When they start trending in the final days leading up to a commitment date though, that is usually a pretty good indicator.  Not 100%, but probably 80ish anyway.

I'm not even sure that I'd say 80ish.  It's surprising how much they're wrong, even when the picks come shortly before the announcement date.  The most obvious example of this is probably Solomon Thomas, but there have been others.   Another example is Gunter Grayson, who received all his CB picks to Ole Miss only days before committing to Arkansas.

Having said that, I really like that he recently began following our coaches and that an Iowa St. writer is picking Arkansas.  Those are both worthy catches pointing to Arkansas.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 01, 2015, 09:00:26 pm
It was merely a pre-commitment, commitment message
A commitment to commit if you will...

Deep Shoat

He'll commit to the Hogs at noon tomorrow.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Laughing Hog

Crystal Ball for 4-star offensive lineman flips overnight
Otis Kirk - Jul 2, 10:25 AM

On Wednesday, the Crystal Ball for Urbandale (Iowa) 247Composite 4-star offensive guard Jake Heinrich was favoring Iowa State 67-percent to 33-percent for Arkansas.

But now, the Razorbacks hold a 60-40 lead with five picks. Heinrich will announce his decision on Saturday, July 4, either late morning or early afternoon. Heinrich visited Arkansas on the June 6 weekend and left very impressed.

He currently holds offers from Oregon, Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Kansas State, Eastern Michigan, UNLV, Marshall, Louisville, Duke and California in addition to the Hogs and Iowa State. Heinrich also owns a 3.8 grade-point average and 27 on the ACT.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!