Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devin White Interview [Scout]

Started by trashcan maN, June 24, 2015, 02:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Pretty cool interview with Devin White discussing his recruitment.

Reporter prompts him to talk about Alabama, Florida St, Auburn and Ole Miss.

When asked if there are any other schools he would like to mention, the reporter hadn't even finished the sentence when Devin chimed in, "Oh yeah, Arkansas." Went on to talk about our 2 1000 yd backs, how we're  a program on the rise and do things the right way. Sounded the most fired up for Arkansas and Bama to be honest.

He went on to discuss TAMU as well.

He did not mention LSU during the entire interview.

http://watch.scout.com/springhill-la-standout-rb/lb-devin-white-talks-about-alabama-arkansas-auburn-texas-am-ole-miss-fsu-and-more-in-this-recruiting-update

trashcan maN

My favorite parts outside the Arkansas bits:

Jimbo saying he wouldn't get as beat up as he would in the SEC and he'd be on the sidelines by halftime of most of their games.

Freeze telling him he can play whatever position he wants if he commits. I can see his staff really has a plan for these recruits they're getting. What a joke

SonOfMud

He said it's all about his mom, how she feels about a school.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

rhog1

Quote from: SonOfMud on June 24, 2015, 03:06:23 pm
Hopefully coach is pulling out all the stops to get Mom on our side. Coach Bielema seems to do pretty good in the impress the parents category.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 24, 2015, 02:48:47 pm

Jimbo saying he wouldn't get as beat up as he would in the SEC and he'd be on the sidelines by halftime of most of their games.

Freeze telling him he can play whatever position he wants if he commits. I can see his staff really has a plan for these recruits they're getting. What a joke
You can bet your life Bret Bielema has a solid plan already in place for Devin.

ADavisTheGOAT

Sounds good to me. Did anyone else notice the little smirk on his face when he mentioned us?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jjdlc

That reaffirms my feeling on White.  While I have no idea if we're his leader, I get the feeling that LSU is not the foregone conclusion many think.

Love those Hogs

Arkansas depth chart gonna favor him too.
Hogs 4 Life!

Vantage 8 dude

While I understand and appreciate the enormous talent that DW possesses, and obviously I REALLY hope the Hill is his ultimate decision, you really have to wonder about Freeze's comments. Really smacks of desperation. I personally couldn't have a lot of respect for any HC that gave me that line of garbage!!

zane

WOW- the ACC. Is a complete joke. Jumbo obviously has respect for his conference

And when he said that he likes the way Awbarn recruits...

RIP LSUfan

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: SonOfMud on June 24, 2015, 03:06:23 pm

Is he kin to Jared Cornelius on his mom's side or dad's side?

Love those Hogs

Hopefully the moms side and hopefully they are very close.
Hogs 4 Life!

HogWall Jackson

It is a long time until signing day. Alabama is dangerous on this one.

secneahog

Showing a lot of Arkansas love...no Lswho love...

depth chart at Arkansas is going to be wide open for him.

Saban tried to hire our oline coach before he hired Mario.

That should tell you something right there...Come be a  :razorback: Devin.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 24, 2015, 05:25:59 pm
While I understand and appreciate the enormous talent that DW possesses, and obviously I REALLY hope the Hill is his ultimate decision, you really have to wonder about Freeze's comments. Really smacks of desperation. I personally couldn't have a lot of respect for any HC that gave me that line of garbage!!

So true!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hog N Bama on June 24, 2015, 03:21:51 pm
You can bet your life Bret Bielema has a solid plan already in place for Devin.

Based on what I have read of others experiences and what I have seen in person, Bielema sells the "family aspect" and makes parents feel confident that if they intrust their kid to them, they will look after him and take care of him, "raising him" as a man, as if he were their own.

That means a lot to parents. I know that my son and daughter in law were very impressed with what he had to say and the way everyone was treated at camp by the entire coaching staff. I think this pays dividends to the best kids and best families who have more of a goal than just the NFL.
Go Hogs Go!

trashcan maN

Based on his infamous tweet and his body language in this video, I think he wants to be the guy at Bama but Arkansas is pulling at his heart and he's still not sure.

I think everyone else is pretty far behind.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 24, 2015, 08:01:07 pm
Based on what I have read of others experiences and what I have seen in person, Bielema sells the "family aspect" and makes parents feel confident that if they intrust their kid to them, they will look after him and take care of him, "raising him" as a man, as if he were their own.

That means a lot to parents. I know that my son and daughter in law were very impressed with what he had to say and the way everyone was treated at camp by the entire coaching staff. I think this pays dividends to the best kids and best families who have more of a goal than just the NFL.

When we have a borderline commit and his commitment hinges on whether the recruits parents, guardians or coach is comfortable with Arkansas as the school of choice...I like our chances.
Accepting A Hog scholarship to play football guarantees a support system in place so that the young man has every opportunity to develop as an excellent football player and leave the program as a grounded young man who is an asset to society...and this is clear to the recruit and those around him.
If we have an excellent season our recruiting will snowball...and DW could very easily come here.

" WOO PIG "

secneahog

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 24, 2015, 08:09:54 pm
Based on his infamous tweet and his body language in this video, I think he wants to be the guy at Bama but Arkansas is pulling at his heart and he's still not sure.

I think everyone else is pretty far behind.

Bingo.

Our offense speaks for itself...Bielema is a class act..Pittman is the #1 oline coach in the country.
Saban tells every elite back...our depth is bad at rb...saban is a used car salesman. Full of it.
Follow your heart...go with the staff that does things the right way..

Arkansas will put you in the league just as much as bama can..Bielema could have two rbs go in the 1st two rounds this year.

All the hype about Kiffin and their offense is garbage. They want to air it out..all that talk about how awesome Derrick Henry is ....and what has he done?  ...we have two backs that has PRODUCED for a couple YEARS...gonna blow up this year.

Be uncommon and go to a up and coming team ...not a team that has no heart and is given everything..example...Dodge Chargers....Challengers...you name it...
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Razorbacker79

Very well spoken young man.  Impressive and fits well with our stockpile of exceptional men.  If he is as good as some on here say, he could be an iconic Razorback.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Agree with others that we have a an advantage if he listens to his mother.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

jgphillips3

If it's "all about Mom", our chances are great.  With our focus on academics, doing things right and teaching our players to be good citizens, unless Mom's a HUGE fan of another school, we have a great shot.

Hawgzinbowlz

Arkansas is at the top of his mind. We need mom on board...cousin Jared is already recruiting him.

" WOO PIG "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 25, 2015, 05:52:29 pm
Arkansas is at the top of his mind. We need mom on board...cousin Jared is already recruiting him.

" WOO PIG "
Arkansas been on his mind for two years now. I got him on twitter, he cool and does really dig the Hogs. We shall see.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pistol Pete

Very impressed with this young man, I support him where ever he goes. Nice guy.