Do we still have a shot at these guys?

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, May 30, 2015, 08:11:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PaintballHog

Great shot at White imo, don't know much about Fulton

WaltonCollege

Fultons twitter background is Vernon Hargreaves of Fla Gators. I think he's Florida or LSU. Not looking at us IMO

NLRHog92

Quote from: WaltonCollege on May 30, 2015, 08:53:02 pm
Fultons twitter background is Vernon Hargreaves of Fla Gators. I think he's Florida or LSU. Not looking at us IMO

It helps we have his dad on staff then haha! He would start here pretty quick IMO, but I agree, I think he wants a traditional power school.

WildRazorback

We seem to be activity recruiting several running backs. White is probably a less than 50/50 chance, but I think we still have a shot. Maybe he will be this year's Alex Collins and keep us waiting until the end. Haven't heard much from him lately to be fair. Devwah Whaley seems to be a better candidate for a commitment at this point and I highly doubt we pull them both.

Fulton is a long shot at best I think. We have not been a powerhouse when it comes to producing top-notch DB's. And I think that is what Fulton wants. Our only chance is Guidry somehow bringing him in.

lefty08

Quote from: WildRazorback on May 30, 2015, 10:25:25 pm
We seem to be activity recruiting several running backs. White is probably a less than 50/50 chance, but I think we still have a shot. Maybe he will be this year's Alex Collins and keep us waiting until the end. Haven't heard much from him lately to be fair. Devwah Whaley seems to be a better candidate for a commitment at this point and I highly doubt we pull them both.

Fulton is a long shot at best I think. We have not been a powerhouse when it comes to producing top-notch DB's. And I think that is what Fulton wants. Our only chance is Guidry somehow bringing him in.

Wasn't our last commitment a teammate of his?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

WBC Hog

Devin White is one of the guys I think is ours to lose. He's a cousin to Jared Cornelius and enjoys the love from Hog fans.

Kristian Fulton on the other hand, he is one of my personal top picks. Guys like this have islands named after them...... Revis island

hawgmasta

Quote from: WBC Hog on May 31, 2015, 05:22:19 am
Devin White is one of the guys I think is ours to lose. He's a cousin to Jared Cornelius and enjoys the love from Hog fans.

Kristian Fulton on the other hand, he is one of my personal top picks. Guys like this have islands named after them...... Revis island

I just don't see how after AC and JW have a great year/career this year and are going to be both projected draft picks how we won't pull in at least one highly rated running back.

Fulton seems like a long shot; maybe having Hargreaves on staff will help; who knows?!

After this year though I think Robb Smith becomes more of a household name and we will see more out of state defensive players looking our way. Immediate playing time and the biggest show in the whole state .

WBC Hog

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 31, 2015, 05:10:03 pm
I just don't see how after AC and JW have a great year/career this year and are going to be both projected draft picks how we won't pull in at least one highly rated running back.

Fulton seems like a long shot; maybe having Hargreaves on staff will help; who knows?!

I agree with both comments. It would be absolutely shocking for this staff to not land a major RB out of this class. And like you said, I think Fulton is a long shot as well.

redeye

Some tidbits on Fulton from Nola.com:

QuoteWas there ever a chance you could commit at the Opening? What schools are coming at you the hardest right now?

Fulton: I thought about and it could have happened but I still have to talk to my parents about it and found out a date for (my commitment). It could come sometime early August or late July. Texas, LSU, Arkansas and Florida are the schools coming at me the hardest right now. 

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/07/the_opening_preview_rummels_kr.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

More in the link.

hawgmasta

Quote from: redeye on July 07, 2015, 12:11:11 am
Some tidbits on Fulton from Nola.com:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/07/the_opening_preview_rummels_kr.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

More in the link.

He didn't say he had a favorite but still it's nice to be one of the four that he mentioned coming at him hard. It's nice to hear our coaches don't play around on the recruiting trail! (Of course I know they don't it's just nice seeing the results)

Pulling this guy and Harris who is already committed out of LA would be amazing. I kind of hope he waits past his and our season so he can see how well our DB's are playing. If we come out like we finished last year on defense you know more out of state D recruits will be taking notice.  :razorback:

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

redeye

Quote from: hawgmasta on July 07, 2015, 04:13:22 am
He didn't say he had a favorite but still it's nice to be one of the four that he mentioned coming at him hard. It's nice to hear our coaches don't play around on the recruiting trail! (Of course I know they don't it's just nice seeing the results)

Pulling this guy and Harris who is already committed out of LA would be amazing. I kind of hope he waits past his and our season so he can see how well our DB's are playing. If we come out like we finished last year on defense you know more out of state D recruits will be taking notice.  :razorback:

If we pulled him away from LSU, it would be huge.  I like that we convincingly beat 2 of the other 3 teams he mentioned, but let's not forget that any out-of-state player rated this high is going to be a longshot.  However, we have Guidry, Harris and Kelley out of LA, so maybe the good fortune will continue there.

Huds_HawgTide

could you imagine pulling Guidry, Harris, Kelley and then finishing right before signing day with Graham, White, and Fulton...that would be ridiculously sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

redeye

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2015, 02:14:48 pm
could you imagine pulling Guidry, Harris, Kelley and then finishing right before signing day with Graham, White, and Fulton...that would be ridiculously sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't pay for the inside scoop some of you do, but it seems like we're sitting good with Graham.  Getting all those guys would just be incredible.

Huds_HawgTide

That would add alot of star power and alot of talent
tommy boy

ChiTown27

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 07, 2015, 02:14:48 pm

Instant Hogasm.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw