Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

King Kong

Hogwild

Probably the best decision he could make, best of luck to him

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Großer Kriegschwein

He's a good one. Hate to hear it.  But absolutely the best decision. I can see him as a GA after he graduates.

This is my non-signature signature.

Hogberry Snortcake

Hog in Iowa

Rawleigh, you made the right decision and all Hog fans wish you the best of luck.  We know you're disappointed that you won't be playing anymore but there's more to life than playing football for a few more years.  We thank you for your toughness and heart and look forward to seeing what's in store for you in the future.  You're a winner and will always be a fan favorite!  God bless you and your family.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

PLHawg

As much as we as fans hate it, I'm sure he hates it much more.  Right decision without a doubt, he's got a bright future ahead.

SONofHAM

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on May 08, 2017, 12:36:29 pm
Rawleigh, you made the right decision and all Hog fans wish you the best of luck.  We know you're disappointed that you won't be playing anymore but there's more to life than playing football for a few more years.  We thank you for your toughness and heart and look forward to seeing what's in store for you in the future.  You're a winner and will always be a fan favorite!  God bless you and your family.
Well said.

Trey1981

This one hurts, but not from a selfish standpoint. Obviously we all would have loved for him to continue his career but I mostly just feel for RWIII today. He is such a talented individual. To not get to live out that dream has to be very difficult.  He seems to have a great family and support system and I'm sure that he will thrive in whatever he does. He will definitely be remembered and missed by the Hog fan base.

Tough blow for the Hogs, even tougher for Rawleigh. Young man seems to have a great head on his shoulders and no doubt will do well in life.

HogCzar1

Thanks, RW3 for your efforts on and off the field. Thanks for representing the U of A in a classy manner!   All the best!

Hey Super

Thank you, Rawleigh! You gave us more heart and effort in 2 years than most do in an entire career!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Sho Nuff

Best of luck to Rawleigh, I think he is making the right decision.

Ash

The right decision. I wish him a long healthy future. The fact he was told he was 100% and he got re-injured so easily is worrisome. If the staff knew than they shouldn't have let him back on the field.

Großer Kriegschwein

Led the SEC in rushing as a true sophomore.

Not many can say that. Like period.
This is my non-signature signature.

k.c.hawg

Thank you Rawleigh!! Your love of the game was so obvious to comeback after your surgery. Your season last year was one of my favorite stories in 50+ years of me following Razorback football. I'm so glad you made this decision and I will wish you all the best even though I know you are going to be a huge success in Life!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

BigSexyHog

Hate to hear it but understand.  Sounds like CBB is going to help him achieve his ultimate dream.    Will miss him on Saturdays but life goes on.  Guy was a warrior and will be missed by all. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

younghog

The Best Decision, Great Person - Beloved HOG..
GO HOGS

texas tush hog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on May 08, 2017, 12:43:30 pm
Best of luck to Rawleigh, I think he is making the right decision.

Right, there are more important things in life than football. Had a damn good run though. Best of luck to RWIII in the future.

razorbackfan86

Kudos to him for making the best decision. I can't imagine how hard it was for him to walk away from the game he loved, but at the end of the day this was the best decision.

DoctorSusscrofa

Good for him! No point in risking another major injury of that sort.  As a person in a wheelchair, I know he made the right decision. I'm 57 and I'd love to be able to walk like I could 10 years ago.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

phadedhawg

Very sad for him, the fans, and his teammates but I totally 100% think he's making the best decision. 

He's a Hog for life and we will always remember his heart and drive. 

hogcard1964

Agree with the decision and wish him the best.

Now, I'm really looking forward to watching Whaley get 25 carries per game!!!

HogShat

All the more reason to despise auburn... Best of luck to RW3 and hoping he enjoys the greatest success in life moving forward.

alohawg

Thank you for displaying the heart of a champion and for being a Razorback. God bless you in all future endeavours. You will be missed.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KlubhouseKonnected

Always a Razorback. Respect for making what I am sure was a very difficult decision.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

nwahogfan1

I know this had to be a hard decision.  He has played football for a long time and planned on going Pros so for this I am sorry for him.  Best of luck to you RW.  I assume he will be on medicate scholarship now so he can graduate?

artyhog

He made a very good decision.  The rest of the RB need to step up to the callenge.

SONofHAM

Bielema:

As a head coach you always remember the first meeting you have with all your recruits and how that first impression is made. Rawleigh was committed to another school, but after a visit with him and his father, I knew we had a chance. We said at the time that unique recruiting stories often lead to unique experiences in the years ahead and that has been no disappointment. Rawleigh handled his recruiting with maturity and class and that followed into his playing career. At Arkansas, not only does he have All-SEC academic success, but he also steps away as the reigning SEC regular season rushing leader. This next chapter in Rawleigh's life will be filled with unlimited success in any career path or anyway of life he chooses. As a head coach I couldn't be more excited to begin the next chapter with him and be there for him.

HAWG MAFIA

By far the best decision he could make. I'm proud is a Razorback and proud he made the right decision.
:razorback: for life

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 08, 2017, 12:27:46 pm
https://twitter.com/The3rdRawleigh/status/861632675714670592

May God bless this young man. Football is a wonderful sport but football isn't everything in life. A young man of character, RWIII will do well in life and I suspect, find a way to make a significant contribution to the lives of those who he comes in contact with as life goes on.

Thanks Rawleigh for your effort and contribution to the Hogs, the University and their fans as a member of the team. One door closes, another opens. God bless young man.
Go Hogs Go!

SONofHAM

Allen:

Rawleigh is a guy that every team in college football wishes they could have on their team. He's hardworking, unselfish, determined and an all-around great teammate. When your best player is also the one who treats others with respect, is the hardest working, and one of the best in the classroom, you know that guy is special. That will be Rawleigh's lasting legacy with this program. Just because his playing career is over doesn't mean he won't have an influence on all of us for his rest of his time at the University of Arkansas. He will be with us every step of the way through this upcoming season. We should all strive to do it the 'Rawleigh Williams way' because if we do that, the sky is the limit.

phadedhawg

If he shows half the heart off the field as he has shown on it, Rawleigh is gonna be just fine. 

SONofHAM

Ragnow:

The term uncommon is something we use around football, but Rawleigh defines uncommon as a friend. He is a guy in the locker room who everyone loves, always seems to be in a good mood, works extremely hard and is the same guy every day. He does everything the right way and that is why it breaks my heart that this happened to him. It is because of all of these traits I know he is going to thrive off the field as well. I'm going miss blocking for 22, aka the SEC leading rusher, but I know he's going to be very successful and attack this stage of his life full speed.

GuvHog

I wish him the best and he will always be a Razorback.

I hope CBB lets him stand on the sidelines in his street clothes wearing his jersey this fall. He deserves to be allowed to do that if he wants to.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: PLHawg on May 08, 2017, 12:37:38 pm
As much as we as fans hate it, I'm sure he hates it much more.  Right decision without a doubt, he's got a bright future ahead.
this

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pork Twain

Best wishes to RWIII.  Loved having you as a Hog, but would rather you be healthy and happy than risk long-term injury with another yard gained.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LRHawg

What class statements by AA and Ragnow. This team seems to have some real leaders. Hope that translates well into this next season.

Thanks RWIII for being a Hog and best of luck in the future.

Paul

SoonerSooie

Outstanding statements from CBB and RW III's teammates. We will miss him, no doubt, but, as several have stated, he will be a success in life without football!

WPS, Raleigh Williams! God speed to you!

phadedhawg

Quote from: LRHawg on May 08, 2017, 01:05:33 pm
What class statements by AA and Ragnow. This team seems to have some real leaders. Hope that translates well into this next season.

Thanks RWIII for being a Hog and best of luck in the future.

aye, looks like this year's team has plenty of character from it's leaders. 

TebowHater

Man I sure hope he does indeed find the success we know he deserves. He may not have been the fastest guy we've had, but he would have had a chance to play at the next-level (obviously). Glad he was able to at least experience the joy of his sophomore year. Thankful for his time here.

HogFansReunited

Completely understand. Best of luck young man and thanks for the things you have done for this program.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Letsroll1200

PigDaddyKane

It's the right decision. 

Maybe Jerry Jones needs a summer intern???
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

mizzouman

Man, that's too bad.  I understand he's a great person.  I can see him getting his degree and perhaps having a GA position as some point, if that's what he wants.

Best of luck to him.

bhogs05

Great decision by him and i believe he willl be in that suit one day. Him walking away shows how smart he is, great to see that he is not afraid to do what is best for his future.

rmcchris

Understand and thank you from all of us fans.  Right decision and I hope you continue on with our program in other ways.