Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Selection Sunday and I Couldn't Care Less

Started by WilsonHog, March 15, 2009, 05:17:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

This may be the first year since I was about 12 that I don't fill out a bracket.

We're gonna miss out due to fear and protocol.

Y'all can have Jump Ball. Pull out the long knives and go after one another. 

I'll come back when I have reason to believe again.

Last one here turn out the lights.

HOGSWEAT

Lanny

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 15, 2009, 05:17:14 pm
This may be the first year since I was about 12 that I don't fill out a bracket.

We're gonna miss out due to fear and protocol.

Y'all can have Jump Ball. Pull out the long knives and go after one another. 

I'll come back when I have reason to believe again.

Last one here turn out the lights.

2-14 Conference records have the same bearing for me.  I did not watch Selection Sunday either
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Oliver

Our basketball program is now a joke and will continue to be a joke under Pelphrey.  Good to know he's going to get his precious 3rd year.

Table Rocker

march madness is the best postseason in sports today. love it more when we're in but i'm gonna still watch damn near every game i can because i love basketball

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 15, 2009, 05:35:48 pm
march madness is the best postseason in sports today. love it more when we're in but i'm gonna still watch damn near every game i can because i love basketball

Likewise.  Hate the NBA, love NCAA BB.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Lanny on March 15, 2009, 05:34:07 pm
2-14 Conference records have the same bearing for me.  I did not watch Selection Sunday either
I watched it and it was sickening.

Lanny

Al Bundy

Oliver

Quote from: Lanny on March 15, 2009, 05:43:16 pm
2-15 2-15 2-15

Lanny, we're "young."  It's just a down year.  At the beginning of the year I fully expected us to have a 2-15 SEC record with multiple examples of off the court problems.  Everything will be magically resolved this offseason.

zorbacks06

Dejection Sunday, and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Table Rocker

man you guys can keep beating this drum and whatnot but i've experienced enough personal issues over the last year with the economy, housing market and employment that its kind of put other things like sports in perspective. if that makes me less of a fan then fine, but if the biggest problem you guys have in your life is the performance of our basketball team this year then you have a better life than me at the moment.

i'm gonna watch the tournament because at least for the few hours i watch it brings a little enjoyment for me and i kind of forget about all the other stuff that is happening.

Lanny

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 15, 2009, 05:46:08 pm
Lanny, we're "young."  It's just a down year.  At the beginning of the year I fully expected us to have a 2-15 SEC record with multiple examples of off the court problems.  Everything will be magically resolved this offseason.

We're a freaking joke

Al Bundy

hogfan x

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Hot_Town_Hog

This is very depressing....My favorite time of the year for sports, but not even the same with no Hogs. If there is a magical answer for next year I would love to hear it. Still curious who you referred to as wanting the job, house in NW Ark, and established Coach. That could change my position.

Oliver

forrest city joe

Quote from: Lanny on March 15, 2009, 05:47:14 pm
We're a freaking joke
You got that right lanny. arkansas fans should be outraged as to how bad we really are.

chortle

This gives me an even greater appreciation for one Coach Bobby Petrino.

Is it August yet?

TNhawgfan

I agree we sucked this year, but that won't stop me from filling out a bracket and watching the tourny. This is the greatest and most exciting tourny in sports, whether the Hogs are in it or not
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Lanny

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 05:50:18 pm
You got that right lanny. arkansas fans should be outraged as to how bad we really are.

I am furious over this crap

Al Bundy

Hot_Town_Hog

Will still be completing a bracket and trying to win the office pool. Maybe a Cinderella will develop we can all pull for just like Mason did a couple of years ago.

donewithdale

I enjoyed it.  Memphis didn't get a one seed and drew UConn.

LETS GO DUKE!  BEAT BINGHAMTON!

hoosier

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 15, 2009, 05:35:48 pm
I agree with this. But for me personally, with Arkansas and IU both having such dismal years it took the excitement right out of me. I probably won't watch much more than bits and pieces. At least until the final four.

hawgsav1

I'm so desperate for some glimmer of hope that I cheer for those idiots up north because they have the one coach I've wanted since the day Frank screwed Nolan over: Mike Anderson.  It's sad really.  Since the 2001-2002 season, I've only seen Arkansas in the tournament 3 times.  When March comes around, I haven't had a team to cheer for unless I cheer for whomever Mike Anderson is coaching, whether it be UAB or Mizzou. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Oliver

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 15, 2009, 06:29:39 pm
I'm so desperate for some glimmer of hope that I cheer for those idiots up north because they have the one coach I've wanted since the day Frank screwed Nolan over: Mike Anderson.  It's sad really.  Since the 2001-2002 season, I've only seen Arkansas in the tournament 3 times.  When March comes around, I haven't had a team to cheer for unless I cheer for whomever Mike Anderson is coaching, whether it be UAB or Mizzou. 

That has to be bittersweet.  Rooting for the good solution to our current problems but our AD doesn't have the balls to do the right thing right now.  That being said, I hope Mike does really well.

Oliver

I'll be at SXSW this week and will be more than happy that I won't have to watch a single moment of the NCAAT.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 15, 2009, 06:31:21 pm
That has to be bittersweet.  Rooting for the good solution to our current problems but our AD doesn't have the balls to do the right thing right now.  That being said, I hope Mike does really well.

I really want to believe in Pelphrey.  I really do.  I could possibly look past a 2-15 conference record if we had shown some signs of improvement.  Unfortunately, we regressed.  I'm not in the know like Wilson or any of those bigshots up there so I can't say much about the off court problems except it looks like Pelphrey's disciplinary methods have not worked.  I want to believe that next year's recruiting class will be kickass, but something about that class is leaving me worried.  I want something to grasp onto and believe in, but unfortunately I don't see it.

What makes me even sicker is that my alma mater has absolutely no tradition to speak of whatsoever and they're enjoying probably one of the best stretches of basketball in their history and it sickens me to hear their fans rub it in my face.  I've had several folks come up to me and say "You guys  are the Notre Dame of basketball.  You talk about all of your tradition, which you have, but you haven't done sh** for a good 15 years now."
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

BigSexyHog

We will be down for years to come as well.  Don't see my hope especially in the next 2-3 years.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ruarealhogfan

It's comical to think that if the AD doesn't do what you think it's not the right thing.  I am aware, by your posts, that you must know just as much as he does about the situation. Get real...

Table Rocker

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 15, 2009, 07:16:24 pm
It's comical to think that if the AD doesn't do what you think it's not the right thing.  I am aware, by your posts, that you must know just as much as he does about the situation. Get real...

Big O will be the next AD and FCJ the head coach.

book it.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Lanny on March 15, 2009, 05:54:23 pm
I am furious over this crap

Oh no Lanny, no reason to be furious.  Nothing wrong with going 2-15, nothing wrong with being a joke with an inferior coaching staff that doesn't have the ability to land SEC caliber recruits.  Nothing wrong with having players and coaches fight.

Nothing wrong with the WORST cluster of a so called basketball season this program has ever seen.

And all the poor sunshine pumpers can ask is.

1.  Who would really want to come here
2.  Or be cool like TableRocker and just make fun of FCJ in every other post.

Of course that's the only thing they can do.  Be the post police and crack lame jokes, because no truth or facts back up there side of the conversation.

O yea, hate him or not....above all the rants and raves, FCJ is right on the money.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Oliver

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 15, 2009, 07:17:30 pm
Big O will be the next AD and FCJ the head coach.

book it.

Nope.  Why would I come to Arkansas?  Why would any coach or AD come to Arkansas?

Hoggy1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 15, 2009, 07:32:45 pm
Nope.  Why would I come to Arkansas?  Why would any coach or AD come to Arkansas?

I figure a lot of coaches would bite this bait, hell you can have to worst conference season ever at Arkansas and still not be on the hot seat according to some.  I'd love the job security.

Oliver

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 15, 2009, 07:34:40 pm
I figure a lot of coaches would bite this bait, hell you can have to worst conference season ever at Arkansas and still not be on the hot seat according to some.  I'd love the job security.

We've had 2 coaches in the 2 major sports in the last 25 years of our problem to not get at least 4 years to get the job done.  Joe Kines and Jack Crowe. 

jst01

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 15, 2009, 07:25:17 pm

Of course that's the only thing they can do.  Be the post police and crack lame jokes, because no truth or facts back up there side of the conversation.

O yea, hate him or not....above all the rants and raves, FCJ is right on the money.

Damn. You got that right.

He and Chiefsfan seem to always follow one of his posts with a smart ass remark that proves nothing.

Richard_white

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: jst01 on March 15, 2009, 07:42:36 pm
Damn. You got that right.

He and Chiefsfan seem to always follow one of his posts with a smart ass remark that proves nothing.

They say you give smart ass & you get smart ass in return...

rzrbackrob

That has to be bittersweet.  Rooting for the good solution to our current problems but tour AD doesn't have the balls to do the right thing right now.  That being said, I hope Mike does really well.

Why would Long fire Pel and put his neck on the line? He can give Pel another year and if Pel can't do better than 2-14 everyone would be on board with the change. But if Pel makes any improvement, let's say 6 - 10, Long can wait another year still before putting his neck on the line. If Petrino does as well as we all think he will, Long will probably let the Pel thing play out for as long as he can. He is a business man and will play the percentages.
Good is the enemy of great

Hoggy1

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 15, 2009, 07:46:14 pm

What exactly does it mean to "give smart ass".

Damn, I bit the hook.  Reel me in.

weresoclose

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 05:40:38 pm
I watched it and it was sickening.
bingo. right on the money. could only take so much, and had to turn it off.

jst01

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 15, 2009, 07:46:14 pm

FCJ says his opinion and sticks to it. He never posts smart ass remarks. what you talking about?

Table Rocker

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 15, 2009, 07:25:17 pm
Oh no Lanny, no reason to be furious.  Nothing wrong with going 2-15, nothing wrong with being a joke with an inferior coaching staff that doesn't have the ability to land SEC caliber recruits.  Nothing wrong with having players and coaches fight.

Nothing wrong with the WORST cluster of a so called basketball season this program has ever seen.

And all the poor sunshine pumpers can ask is.

1.  Who would really want to come here

how's the weather up on your pedestal o' keeper of all-things arkansas basketball?

i disagree with you and your boy FCJ, boo-freakin'-hoo. its a message board.

Hoggy1

Quote from: jst01 on March 15, 2009, 07:52:14 pm
FCJ says his opinion and sticks to it. He never posts smart ass remarks. what you talking about?

Yea, this too.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 15, 2009, 07:53:39 pm
how's the weather up on your pedestal o' keeper of all-things arkansas basketball?

i disagree with you and your boy FCJ, boo-freakin'-hoo. its a message board.

Lol, niiiiice.

Thanks for proving me right.  +1 to ya

Table Rocker

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 15, 2009, 07:54:18 pm
Lol, niiiiice.

Thanks for proving me right.  +1 to ya

nice response. sorry if my wisecracks and opposing viewpoints hurt you and FCJ's feelings :(

Hoggy1

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 15, 2009, 07:56:03 pm
nice response. sorry if my wisecracks and opposing viewpoints hurt you and FCJ's feelings :(

No, I have no problem with your opinion.  And your wisecracks do nothing but prove other posters right, keep it up.

If only you had some valid points to back up your conversation, other than it's unethical to fire a coach after 2 years.

Table Rocker

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 15, 2009, 07:57:58 pm
No, I have no problem with your opinion.  And your wisecracks do nothing but prove other posters right, keep it up.

If only you had some valid points to back up your conversation, other than it's unethical to fire a coach after 2 years.

dude, like i said in another post, i have many more problems and issues in my life right now then to get worked up about a bad basketball season.

bottom line: we respectfully disagree. i've stated my points in other threads, not sure how you haven't seen them. do a search of my post history and you'll find them. for now i'm done going round and round. you called me out by name in a post, so i felt oblidged to respond, but i'm done now.