Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS Announcers - SEC has some good teams.....

Started by Hot_Town_Hog, March 15, 2009, 12:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Town_Hog

And have not gotten their due from a National perspective due to the lack of one consistent team in the Top 25. Made the case that several teams are NCAAT caliber teams. Guess they need to read some of your posts so they can understand how wrong they are about the teams they are watching in person.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 15, 2009, 12:47:12 pm
And have not gotten their due from a National perspective due to the lack of one consistent team in the Top 25. Made the case that several teams are NCAAT caliber teams. Guess they need to read some of your posts so they can understand how wrong they are about the teams they are watching in person.
Just watch the selection show later today. it will speak for itself.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 15, 2009, 12:47:12 pm

That is what is killing the SEC.  The fact that they don't have several dominant teams.  I think the SEC is very balanced, with a bunch of good teams.  I think there are 5 teams that should be in the NCAAT.  But, we'll probably only see about 3 or MAYBE 4.

The Hogfather

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 12:48:46 pm
Just watch the selection show later today. it will speak for itself.

No, it won't.  We already know that the sheep believe that the SEC is down. 

rude1

LOL, what do you expect them to say? They are contracted to announce the SEC tourney. Of course they are going to stick up for the product they are contracted to announce.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 12:49:54 pm
That is what is killing the SEC.  The fact that they don't have several dominant teams.  I think the SEC is very balanced, with a bunch of good teams.  I think there are 5 teams that should be in the NCAAT.  But, we'll probably only see about 3 or MAYBE 4.
You may think a dog is a cat. but the fact is the sec is a dog. it's terrible. and getting only 3 teams in it will prove it.it stinks and it will be proven later today.

Hot_Town_Hog

Have any of you really watched the Big 10 or Pac 10? The SEC teams I have seen the last few days looked much better than those two conferences.

We know how many will get in, but that doesn't tell me crap. There will be about a dozen teams crying today from being left out from a process that is very subjective.

thirtythree

I the SEC only gets 2 or 3 teams in the tournament it will be a shame. There is no way that the SEC that far down from some of the big ones. They are definately better tham all of the mid-major conferences that get 2-3 teams each in it.

The Hogfather

March 15, 2009, 01:10:14 pm #8 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:17:01 pm by The Hogfather
Florida lost by 6 @ Syracuse (in the Big East Tournament Final, the "best" league in college basketball tournament, according to the talking heads), they lost by 2 @ Florida State (in the ACC Tournament Final, the "2nd Best" league in college basketball, according to the talking heads), and they beat Washington (one of the best teams in the Pac 10).  They have 23 wins and a 9-7 league record.  Yet, they are not even going to be considered for the NCAAT. 

Instead, the committee will give a spot to St. Mary's or Creighton.  You really think those two are better than Florida?

Perception is a BI$CH.  The Big XII was perceived by most as the best conference in football all this past football season.  Then, low and behold, when all was said and done, the national analysts were freaking wrong (along with all the sheep that followed).

Hoggy1

Quote from: midwestcityhog on March 15, 2009, 01:08:41 pm
you must have never watched the big ten

penn state beat a good illiinois team on the road................. 38-33.  FINAL SCORE.

i'd rather watch ole miss beat us in OT where we both score in the 90s over that debacle

so, you would rather lose and score 90, than win and score 38?

I'm amazed. Wow.

What can I even say to that?

Ummm, well....if a team scores 38, and wins.  That must mean they have some solid a$$ defense, right? 

Defense....haven't heard that word in a while.  O yea, because this team has none.

Maybe you should be a Globetrotter fan.

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

thirtythree

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 01:10:14 pm
Florida lost by 6 @ Syracuse (in the Big East Tournament Final, the "best" league in college basketball tournament, according to the talking heads), they lost by 2 @ Florida State (in the ACC Tournament Final, the "2nd Best" league in college basketball, according to the talking heads), and they beat Washington (one of the best teams in the Pac 10).  They have 23 wins and a 9-7 league record.  Yet, they are not even going to be considered for the NCAAT. 

Instead, the committee will give a spot to St. Mary's or Creighton.  You really think those two are better than Florida?

Perception is a BI$CH.  The Big XII was perceived by most as the best conference in football all this past football season.  Then, low and behold, the national analysts were freaking wrong (along with all the sheep that followed).

Very good point.

hogfan x

Regardless what the CBS announcers say, the SEC is very down.  No way to spin it. 
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

The Hogfather

Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi State, LSU, and Auburn could play with 90% of the teams that will be selected for the NCAAT. 

thirtythree

Absolutely. How many of those have over 20 wins Still, a down SEC is better than a lot of conferences period.

MaxMaloney

The SEC gets disrespected every year and then we come out and prove them wrong in the end.  I think that'll happen again this year.  Are we down compared to previous years? Yes.  But we're not as down as the "experts" have us. 

Hot_Town_Hog

Correct me if I am wrong, but the SEC got billed as a down conference the year both Florida and LSU went to the Final Four.

We always get disrespect, but prove the experts wrong more times than not.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 01:30:58 pm
Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi State, LSU, and Auburn could play with 90% of the teams that will be selected for the NCAAT. 
Than why does everyone doing the little sec wrong? with ms. state winning. the sec gets 3 team in.PERIOD! it would have been 2 if statre had not won today. we went 2 and 15 in a pitiful sec. thats what is hurting you guys so much. it shows how bad Pel's team was this year.

The Hogfather

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 02:46:30 pm
Than why does everyone doing the little sec wrong? with ms. state winning. the sec gets 3 team in.PERIOD! it would have been 2 if statre had not won today. we went 2 and 15 in a pitiful sec. thats what is hurting you guys so much. it shows how bad Pel's team was this year.

It's not pitiful.

donewithdale

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 02:46:30 pm

Why are you not capable of having a reasonable conversation here?

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

Here is you a link to get you started.  Go try and find some facts to refute what you disagree with instead of spouting opinions.  And why can't we have a thread discussing the conference and national basketball without having to bash our own program?

The Hogfather

Memphis might be a #1 seed and Tennessee lost to them by 2.  Syracuse will be a top 4 seed and Florida lost to them by 6.  Washington will be a top 4 seed and Florida beat them.  Lousiville will be a #1 seed and Kentucky lost by 3 @ Louisville.  Kentucky beat Kansas State and West Virginia.  Tennessee beat a full strength Marquette team earlier in the year.  Arkansas beat Oklahoma, a likely 2 or 3 seed, and Texas.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 02:54:05 pm
It's not pitiful.
Only 3 teams in out of 12 proves it's pitiful. just watch how many the Big east, Acc,Big 12,Big 10  and Pac 10 get in. all will have more than the pitiful sec.

The Hogfather

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 03:01:07 pm
Only 3 teams in out of 12 proves it's pitiful. just watch how many the Big east, Acc,Big 12,Big 10  and Pac 10 get in. all will have more than the pitiful sec.

No, it doesn't, for the 6,709,354th time.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 02:59:44 pm
Memphis might be a #1 seed and Tennessee lost to them by 2.  Syracuse will be a top 4 seed and Florida lost to them by 6.  Washington will be a top 4 seed and Florida beat them.  Lousiville will be a #1 seed and Kentucky lost by 3 @ Louisville.  Kentucky beat Kansas State and West Virginia.  Tennessee beat a full strength Marquette team earlier in the year.  Arkansas beat Oklahoma, a likely 2 or 3 seed, and Texas.

Wonder if Lunarditic has that information. Not bad for a Conference with no talent.

forrest city joe

Quote from: donewithdale on March 15, 2009, 02:58:24 pm
Why are you not capable of having a reasonable conversation here?

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

Here is you a link to get you started.  Go try and find some facts to refute what you disagree with instead of spouting opinions.  And why can't we have a thread discussing the conference and national basketball without having to bash our own program?
Telling the truth is not bashing. you Pel lovers dont like hearing how bad a coach he is. well i hate to break this to you. when you go 2 and 15 in a bad confrence. you may as well get use to bad things being posted.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 15, 2009, 03:02:25 pm
No, it doesn't, for the 6,709,354th time.

I would take several SEC teams TODAY over Purdue or OSU without thinking twice.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on March 15, 2009, 03:04:39 pm
I would take several SEC teams TODAY over Purdue or OSU without thinking twice.
Yea. but you also think Pel is what we need as our coach. the people who count disagree with you. they know the sec stinks.

upperdeck_hawg

i'm betting the sec goes 0fer in the big dance this year
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

The Hogfather

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 15, 2009, 03:09:44 pm
i'm betting the sec goes 0fer in the big dance this year

Maybe so.  But, it will be because they underseed our teams, due to the perception that our conference is terrible.

thirtythree

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 03:04:02 pm
Telling the truth is not bashing. you Pel lovers dont like hearing how bad a coach he is. well i hate to break this to you. when you go 2 and 15 in a bad confrence. you may as well get use to bad things being posted.

I am beginning to believe you are really a 14 y/o kid that just likes to argue. All you can keep bringing up is the 2-15 record. You have nothing else. Everything else you bring is speculation at best and rumor filled..

FCJ, we get it that they had a bad record. Nobody is disagreeing wth you on that. Stop mentioning it. Jesus man. If you want to argue about something let's argue anout something that we don't agree on. Almost every post you have now mentions 2-15. We know.

Here's one for ya and it's a fact. JP is our coach and will be next year as well. How do you like that?

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 03:07:37 pm
Yea. but you also think Pel is what we need as our coach. the people who count disagree with you. they know the sec stinks.

Fact: Not once have I said Pel is the answer. Was also not part of the love affair with Pel when he was hired, although most on this board were. My stance has always been to see what he can do. So far, it hasn't been too pretty, but that is the hand we were dealt.

Question: Why can't you separate debating that the SEC has as much talent as many other Conferences, from Pel's Coaching and recruiting. When evaluating Pel's future, I am more concerned about this next recruiting class and potential transfers than what our record was in the SEC THIS year.

donewithdale

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 15, 2009, 03:04:02 pm

I know you are in the habit of calling everyone Pel lovers.  Just to help what credibility you have, don't group me in with sunshine pumpers or Pel lovers. 

rzrbackrob

The SEC should now get 4 teams in the NCAA tournament
LSU
Tennessee
Miss ST
and one of Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, or Kentucky

The Big East and the ACC are the only conferences that can make a legitimate claim they are better than the SEC.

Good is the enemy of great