Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have complete faith in Jeff Long...

Started by Porkatarian, March 09, 2009, 04:51:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WMHawgfan

sylvia

Quote from: board on March 09, 2009, 06:32:47 pm
Comer carne de cerdo chimpancé como jugar gatito gato y el ratón Mickey.

Dijo largo en busca de nuevo entrenador.

I don't speak/read Spanish, but I sent this post to someone who does and basically this is how they interpreted it:

"To eat chimpanzee hog meat is to play a baby kitten and Mickey Mouse. I said a large search for a new coach/trainer. Now, if he just didn't conjugate his words correctly he could also have said:  is like playing a baby kitten and Mickey Mouse"

Is this what you intended to say??

CoachHogT

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 09, 2009, 07:30:32 pm
I just trust that Jeff Long will make the right decision, if and when the time comes.  Jeff is committed to bringing back the glory days in basketball. 

Porkatarian out...

I hope he doesn't take too much longer....... since the last glory days my vision is going, my back is fading, my little baby is now old enough to drink, and my grandchild is talking..........

rzrbackrob

I just trust that Jeff Long will make the right decision, if and when the time comes.  Jeff is committed to bringing back the glory days in basketball. 

Porkatarian out...

I think I understand now, Jeff has found Mr Peabody's way back machine and is going to get the Triplets. Can't wait for next season, but what will Ronnie Jr think about his dad being younger than him? Talk about off the court issues. :)
Good is the enemy of great

want2be

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 09, 2009, 06:04:12 pm
I think Rob Evans is the best coach on our staff including Pelphrey.  Unfortunately, I don't expect Evans will be back next season.

I was listening to the Pelphrey interveiw on Lil Bo's show today, and I almost ran off the road when Pelphrey called Tom Ostrum "one of the top 5 best young asst coaches in the country."

Porkatarian out...

I heard that also...........Obviously Pel read Wally's article on Sunday about chemistry issues and is trying to nip it in the bud.

I sincerely hope that Long has the experience and insight to have a handle on the many issues with this program. The fans deserve to know what direction the program is headed and what the goals are?

rzrbackrob

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 09, 2009, 04:51:25 pm
The future looks bright for our basketball program.

Porkatarian out...
Porkatarian out...

Are these statements still true or have things changed?
Good is the enemy of great

clew

Long essentially gave Pel all the rope he needs.
Pure as the dawn

newera

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 09, 2009, 08:05:14 pm
Really? Then I hope you aren't one of the ones complaining about Pel's recruiting. Because that was a major knock on him over at UK.

HE WON A FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! multiple elite 8's and a proven winner in the SEC and NCAA tourney, sign him up and i will shed tears of joy.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

donewithdale

Quote from: newera on March 15, 2009, 11:10:27 pm
HE WON A FREAKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! multiple elite 8's and a proven winner in the SEC and NCAA tourney, sign him up and i will shed tears of joy.

He won with Pitino's players.  He is a good game coach - a very good one.  But after Pitino's players were done the program went into decline.  No excuse for UK not to be loaded with talent like UNC, KU or Duke.

Porkatarian

I still believe in Jeff Long.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 16, 2009, 08:22:50 am

Porkatarian out...

Great you believe in Jeff Long. Woooo whoooo. Great info Pork ??? ???

hogfan x

Porkatarian out...

I hope something comes out that will make me believe again.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I want a bowl of cheddar cheese popcorn

Hogberry Snortcake

My first smite given out.  Smug b.s. from a mod of all people.  I wasted 15 minutes your tax dollars trying to dig some information out of this thread.  Dismal failure.   

Hog Milanese

Quote from: jlstan on March 16, 2009, 09:41:06 am
My first smite given out.  Smug b.s. from a mod of all people.  I wasted 15 minutes your tax dollars trying to dig some information out of this thread.  Dismal failure.

You just need to calm down, man. It's cool baby. It's cool.

UAfan

Porkatarian out...
But do you still think the future looks bright is the question.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Hog Milanese on March 16, 2009, 09:59:38 am
You just need to calm down, man. It's cool baby. It's cool.

I'm fine, thanks.  Appreciate your concern.

Table Rocker

Are these the same insiders who were certain billy g would be our next coach the last time around?

Fool me once...

Jim Harris

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 12:00:02 pm
Are these the same insiders who were certain billy g would be our next coach the last time around?

Fool me once...

maybe he'll take this job this next time. :D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

cdclark09

Popcorn Hog out...

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

want2be

Porkatarian out...

Pork.........How do think Long would evaluate this year and what do think his expectations are for next year ?

Porkatarian

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during Long and Pel's review.

Porkatarian out...

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 09, 2009, 06:04:12 pm
I think Rob Evans is the best coach on our staff including Pelphrey.  Unfortunately, I don't expect Evans will be back next season.

I was listening to the Pelphrey interveiw on Lil Bo's show today, and I almost ran off the road when Pelphrey called Tom Ostrum "one of the top 5 best young asst coaches in the country."

And we are in good shape?

Porkatarian out...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porkatarian

Quote from: want2be on March 16, 2009, 03:30:02 pm

Pork.........How do think Long would evaluate this year and what do think his expectations are for next year ?

How would anybody evaluate a season with a 2 - 15 record in SEC play, numerous off the court incidents, many recruiting failures during the early signing period, and a letter of enquiry from the NCAA?  That's not exactly a successful season in my book.

Porkatarian out...

WBChogfan

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 16, 2009, 09:40:14 pm
How would anybody evaluate a season with a 2 - 15 record in SEC play, numerous off the court incidents, many recruiting failures during the early signing period, and a letter of enquiry from the NCAA?  That's not exactly a successful season in my book.

Porkatarian out...

Failure would be the operative word.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 16, 2009, 09:40:14 pm

Porkatarian out...
Bingo!right on the money Porkatarian. but all some of these people know is they like Pel. reminds me of the Nuttlovers. im not saying Pel is Nutt. so dont start that.

Table Rocker

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2009, 09:44:27 pm
reminds me of the Nuttlovers. im not saying Pel is Nutt. so dont start that.

i like how you throw that out there, then tell us not to 'start' that.

ruarealhogfan

So, you guys that have faith in Jeff Long are going to be 100% behind Pel if he is retained right???

Table Rocker

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 16, 2009, 09:50:06 pm
So, you guys that have faith in Jeff Long are going to be 100% behind Pel if he is retained right???

dude, pel is gone, we're getting Self...i mean Calipari...i mean Wooden

forrest city joe

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 09:52:02 pm
dude, pel is gone, we're getting Self...i mean Calipari...i mean Wooden
Just give me Mike Anderson. i would be very happy.

Table Rocker

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2009, 09:55:59 pm
Just give me Mike Anderson. i would be very happy.

not concerned about his recruiting?

Oliver

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2009, 09:44:27 pm
Bingo!right on the money Porkatarian. but all some of these people know is they like Pel. reminds me of the Nuttlovers. im not saying Pel is Nutt. so dont start that.

"Nuttlovers" were in complete denial for a decade, which is not the situation here.  I don't think anyone is happy with a 2-15 SEC record, locker room tantrums, an SEC investigation, and a completely underwhelming 2009 recruiting class.  But Pel's proponents think he should have another year or two since he stepped up to the challenge when no one else would, he was dealt a pretty bad hand, and reconstruction projects can take time. 

If we were to fire Pelphrey after 2 years, we would get slammed by the national media.  Such a sliver of opportunity at a school is very rare, almost unprecedented.  I personally don't care how much our name is dragged through the mud if there is a Bobby Petrino waiting at the other end.  But the only way that happens is if our AD has a plan of action already in place.  Othewise, save us another circus, because that is how we ended up here in the first place.   So...going back to the OP...I hope he's right

Corkscrew Johnson

Table Rocker

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 16, 2009, 09:59:24 pm
Not concerned about Pel's recruiting?

seriously are you FCJ's protector? i asked him a question, not you. one of his main gripes about pel is his recruiting, yet MA is not known as a great recruiter himself.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 09:57:58 pm
not concerned about his recruiting?
Pel cant coach or recruit. Right? so No, im not concerned. he can win. thats all i want.

Table Rocker

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2009, 10:15:36 pm
Pel cant coach or recruit. Right? so No, im not concerned. he can win. thats all i want.

if you were a mizzou fan would you have been calling for MA's head after his second year when he went 6-10 with a pretty experienced team?

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 10:17:22 pm
if you were a mizzou fan would you have been calling for MA's head after his second year when he went 6-10 with a pretty experienced team?

You shouldn't get so worked up over FCJ. Some only cheer for their team when they are winning & lay down on them when they are losing.  Most of the same people on the run Nolan out of town bandwagon back in the day were cheering the loudest when Scotty hit that 3...

Oliver

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 10:10:29 pm
seriously are you FCJ's protector? i asked him a question, not you. one of his main gripes about pel is his recruiting, yet MA is not known as a great recruiter himself.

You have a problem with Mike Anderson's recruiting.  So do you also have a problem with Pel's recruiting?

Oliver

Table Rocker

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 16, 2009, 10:23:19 pm
You have a problem with Mike Anderson's recruiting.  So do you also have a problem with Pel's recruiting?

i don't think either are all that spectacular but i don't think MA is so much better that he's worth dropping everything and making a run at him.

Oliver

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 16, 2009, 10:26:10 pm
i don't think either are all that spectacular but i don't think MA is so much better that he's worth dropping everything and making a run at him.

I agree Mike's recruiting is a bit suspect.  But that's about all the suspect things I find about Mike.  I find many suspect things about Pel. 

But if your point is that you wouldn't want Mike if we were to actually fire Pelphrey, then to each his own.