Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henri Murphy

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 06, 2016, 10:09:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

Quote from: Air Show on June 06, 2016, 12:19:20 pm
Live update: Alabama camp today. Henri's 40 times: 4.33, 4.29, 4.27. They kept making him run again and again. The 4.27 run was handheld with all the coaches timing. Saban took Henri through his DB drills.

I know for certain that he would have signed for UA last year had he got released. Now...not sure usually when we go against Bama for elite athletes the results are about the same as on the field. Having his high school teammate already on the team and having success is a huge plus. But a 4.27-4.33 is like blood in the water. No telling how many SEC schools have requested info on him since last week!

I am not totally surprised he ran that fast. I would have figured he would have topped out in the 4.3 range but we GOT to get this type of speed on our defense.

greenie

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 05:24:39 am
He doesn't need to attend one of our camps, he camped when he was a SR, and he already has an offer. What he needs to do is commit!

Ok.  I just asked because it sounded like he was recently at an Alabama camp.

secneahog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 09:34:48 am
I know for certain that he would have signed for UA last year had he got released. Now...not sure usually when we go against Bama for elite athletes the results are about the same as on the field. Having his high school teammate already on the team and having success is a huge plus. But a 4.27-4.33 is like blood in the water. No telling how many SEC schools have requested info on him since last week!

I am not totally surprised he ran that fast. I would have figured he would have topped out in the 4.3 range but we GOT to get this type of speed on our defense.

FYI.  I think we had 7 commits in the last class that had bama offers. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

zebradynasty

Quote from: secneahog on June 07, 2016, 09:50:21 am
FYI.  I think we had 7 commits in the last class that had bama offers.

That's good to know but I bet none of them ran a 4.27!  ;) I mean I still like our chances and I've not heard anyone locally say he was looking out of state but when big schools come calling $$$$

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 10:26:26 am
That's good to know but I bet none of them ran a 4.27!  ;) I mean I still like our chances and I've not heard anyone locally say he was looking out of state but when big schools come calling $$$$

Which probably means a sub 4.40 40 laser timed, he's fast, can he play?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 10:26:26 am

I guess you never heard of Jordan Jones

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 11:32:30 am
Which probably means a sub 4.40 40 laser timed, he's fast, can he play?

Dunno but I think it's time we took some chances on kids that run faster than 4.6's in the secondary!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 03:36:18 pm
Dunno but I think it's time we took some chances on kids that run faster than 4.6's in the secondary!

Well, if he can find the football, or tackle, then sign him up!

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 03:38:11 pm
Well, if he can find the football, or tackle, then sign him up!

YEP! Worst tackling secondary in the SEC.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 03:45:23 pm
YEP! Worst tackling secondary in the SEC.

Darius Winston was fast, you need to be a football player, too.

zebradynasty

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 07, 2016, 12:32:35 pm
I guess you never heard of Jordan Jones

Don't believe his time is legit...not saying he's slow just his low 40 time never really translated on the field or track.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 03:54:18 pm
Darius Winston was fast, you need to be a football player, too.

If you going to cover players like Amari Cooper, Jarius Wright, AJ Green....you better have speed in secondary or a heck of a pass rush. Most years we lack both!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 04:00:36 pm
If you going to cover players like Amari Cooper, Jarius Wright, AJ Green....you better have speed in secondary or a heck of a pass rush. Most years we lack both!

Cooper got squdoosh in 2014 against us, but yeah, speed helps.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 04:04:17 pm
Cooper got squdoosh in 2014 against us, but yeah, speed helps.

Wasn't he coming off of an injury? I remember he looked a lot better later in the season than he did against us!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 04:11:59 pm
Wasn't he coming off of an injury? I remember he looked a lot better later in the season than he did against us!

Nope, he was coming off 200 yards against Florida and 90 against OM.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2016, 04:19:35 pm
Nope, he was coming off 200 yards against Florida and 90 against OM.

It was the QB coming off of injury?

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 07, 2016, 04:33:18 pm

Nope, 445 and 228 yds previous two games.

WooPig90

Oklahawg

Already tired of you propping up an agenda.

We would love to land Murphy but lay off of the digs at UA recruits in an attempt to make Murphy look that much better.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Vantage 8 dude

The very simple and straight forward truth of the matter, at least from that game's standpoint, wasn't the fact that Cooper, the 'Bama QB or anyone else was necessarily having a bad day. The fact is that for at least particular game the Hog's secondary was playing "light's out". End of discussion, end of excuse making.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 08, 2016, 10:35:46 pm
Already tired of you propping up an agenda.

We would love to land Murphy but lay off of the digs at UA recruits in an attempt to make Murphy look that much better.

Whoa no agenda here...what digs? I simply stated what Stevie Wonder told me he saw! UA has a serious problem with a lack of speed in the secondary! Pass on Murphy for all I care just find me some kids that can run and tackle. If I have an agenda it's the desire to get to next level and BEAT teams like Bama, Florida, Georgia....very hard to do with a secondary that isn't very fast AND tackles poorly.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 08, 2016, 11:29:46 pm
Whoa no agenda here...what digs? I simply stated what Stevie Wonder told me he saw! UA has a serious problem with a lack of speed in the secondary! Pass on Murphy for all I care just find me some kids that can run and tackle. If I have an agenda it's the desire to get to next level and BEAT teams like Bama, Florida, Georgia....very hard to do with a secondary that isn't very fast AND tackles poorly.

Jared Collins shut Cooper down that game, if I remember correctly. He's still playing, played last year, too. I think the absence of Flowers and Philon and a consistent pass rush hurt the defensive scheme last year. Anyway, Murphy has the opportunity to commit to us, that's what he wanted, if you believe what you read.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 09, 2016, 07:08:47 am
Jared Collins shut Cooper down that game, if I remember correctly. He's still playing, played last year, too. I think the absence of Flowers and Philon and a consistent pass rush hurt the defensive scheme last year. Anyway, Murphy has the opportunity to commit to us, that's what he wanted, if you believe what you read.

Yeah, to deny that we shut down Cooper at the height of his time at Bama smacks of A-GEN-DUH.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 09, 2016, 08:29:14 pm
Yeah, to deny that we shut down Cooper at the height of his time at Bama smacks of A-GEN-DUH.

I am not denying anything so what Cooper was held in check even with that effort we finished like 12th in pass defense in the SEC that year. So you got me had it in for Hogs all along  :o ::)

factchecker

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 09, 2016, 09:24:57 pm
I am not denying anything so what Cooper was held in check even with that effort we finished like 12th in pass defense in the SEC that year. So you got me had it in for Hogs all along  :o ::)

Try 5th in the SEC that year (2014).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

zebradynasty

Quote from: factchecker on June 09, 2016, 10:28:15 pm

Try 5th in the SEC that year (2014).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category02/sort01.html

You are correct I was looking at 2015 instead of 2014. But thanks for posting that link it makes it easier to drive home my point. Most years Arkansas pass defense has been bad. The last 8 years our pass defense has been 5th (2014)and 6th *before the arrival of A&M  and Mizzou* the other 6 seasons 10th or worst. INCLUDING 2 season in which we were dead last at 14th! So the plot thickens about my agenda.

factchecker

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 09, 2016, 11:51:17 pm
You are correct I was looking at 2015 instead of 2014. But thanks for posting that link it makes it easier to drive home my point. Most years Arkansas pass defense has been bad.

Agreed. Last year was REALLY bad.  We'd love to have Mr. Murphy.  Hope things work out.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

You are correct I was looking at 2015 instead of 2014. But thanks for posting that link it makes it easier to drive home my point. Most years Arkansas pass defense has been bad. The last 8 years our pass defense has been 5th (2014)and 6th *before the arrival of A&M  and Mizzou* the other 6 seasons 10th or worst. INCLUDING 2 season in which we were dead last at 14th! So the plot thickens about my agenda.

I'll just leave this tidbit,"it's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!"

JackJohnson

I guess I don't understand what point you are trying to get across- specifically as it pertains to Murphy and the hawgs.  Arkansas has offered him.  Clearly we WANT him bc we NEED speed in our secondary.  It is up to him if he wants to come be the only fast player in our secondary which will likely mean early playing time, or get lost in the shuffle at a place like Bama that is chalk full of highly ranked speedy guys in the secondary.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 07:41:13 am
I'll just leave this tidbit,"it's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast!"

I'll keep that in mind the next time I need my yard mowed. LOL!

In keeping with your analogy currently our secondary has been the grass and SEC QB's have been the lawnmower! ;D

zebradynasty

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 10, 2016, 07:53:27 am
I guess I don't understand what point you are trying to get across- specifically as it pertains to Murphy and the hawgs.  Arkansas has offered him.  Clearly we WANT him bc we NEED speed in our secondary.  It is up to him if he wants to come be the only fast player in our secondary which will likely mean early playing time, or get lost in the shuffle at a place like Bama that is chalk full of highly ranked speedy guys in the secondary.

Making this WAY more complicated than it is. We can take Murphy's name completely out of this because somehow it seems that I'm only out to get Murphy at the UA. Find me kids that can run 4.3's and can tackle better than what we have and let's see if that will improve our pass defense. Heck it surely won't make matters worst!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 11:13:46 am
Making this WAY more complicated than it is. We can take Murphy's name completely out of this because somehow it seems that I'm only out to get Murphy at the UA. Find me kids that can run 4.3's and can tackle better than what we have and let's see if that will improve our pass defense. Heck it surely won't make matters worst!

Name me all the DB's that run a 4.3 and can tackle, I'll even let you use the NFL, too. We need speed, but that hasn't been our biggest problem in the secondary.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 11:07:48 am
I'll keep that in mind the next time I need my yard mowed. LOL!

In keeping with your analogy currently our secondary has been the grass and SEC QB's have been the lawnmower! ;D

So, all passing yards are attributed to the secondary only?

zebradynasty

I can't believe we are debating the necessity of recruiting kids that have D-1 size and run 4.3's! Heck if they don't pan out for the secondary we're not setting the world on fire on special teams either. If that don't work...convert them to the ball boy that way we'll have a dry ball on the field faster than anyone in the SEC! ;D

There are other areas that we need to improve in that will make our pass defense better. The subject was about the secondary specifically Murphy so I limited the comments to both. Football as basic as I know how to put it is about how well a team blocks, tackle and runs (An argument could be made that catching is as important as the other 3). We block well, we catch well, we tackle poorly and we don't run well as a TEAM. To get to the next level we need as many players as possible that can do those things. Like I said y'all are making this WAY to complicated.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 12:51:51 pm
I can't believe we are debating the necessity of recruiting kids that have D-1 size and run 4.3's! Heck if they don't pan out for the secondary we're not setting the world on fire on special teams either. If that don't work...convert them to the ball boy that way we'll have a dry ball on the field faster than anyone in the SEC! ;D

There are other areas that we need to improve in that will make our pass defense better. The subject was about the secondary specifically Murphy so I limited the comments to both. Football as basic as I know how to put it is about how well a team blocks, tackle and runs (An argument could be made that catching is as important as the other 3). We block well, we catch well, we tackle poorly and we don't run well as a TEAM. To get to the next level we need as many players as possible that can do those things. Like I said y'all are making this WAY to complicated.

I haven't heard anyone say we shouldn't recruit Murphy or anyone else, just that speed alone isn't the only attribute needed to be a DB. Hopefully Henri wants to be a Hog.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 01:16:04 pm
I haven't heard anyone say we shouldn't recruit Murphy or anyone else, just that speed alone isn't the only attribute needed to be a DB. Hopefully Henri wants to be a Hog.

Well I guess we would really have a long discussion about my views that we need more speed at LB's as well! ;)

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 01:24:37 pm
Well I guess we would really have a long discussion about my views that we need more speed at LB's as well! ;)

Yep, speed helps, but there's a reason why the guys on the track team aren't playing football. Eric Hawkins can fly, but there's a reason he hasn't played very much in his 4 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 01:34:33 pm
Yep, speed helps, but there's a reason why the guys on the track team aren't playing football. Eric Hawkins can fly, but there's a reason he hasn't played very much in his 4 years.

There's more to Henri than just speed. He was a multi-task player at Dollarway. He was a Receiver, Defensive back, and the Punt Returner. He was very good at all of them. He may have even dropped back deep to receive kickoffs once in a while but I'm not sure about that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 01:34:33 pm

True but lets not overlook others with speed because we have one kid with track speed that hasn't been productive yet.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 04:04:02 pm
True but lets not overlook others with speed because we have one kid with track speed that hasn't been productive yet.

No one is over looking anyone, except you with Darius Winston, lol.

Redbug

Quote from: ricepig on June 09, 2016, 07:08:47 am
Wasn't it Henri Tolliver who shadowed Cooper for much of that game and was always there when Bama would attempt to throw down the sidelines to Cooper. Bama's QB was crap but the Hogs DEFENSE just lined up and whooped that arse most of the night...too bad ya gotta score points to win sometimes...

hogfan2000

If we could only open the Henri Murphy thread from October of 14!!  I'd love for everyone interested in this thread to read the comments from back then

southeasthog

Quote from: hogfan2000 on June 10, 2016, 08:28:46 pm
If we could only open the Henri Murphy thread from October of 14!!  I'd love for everyone interested in this thread to read the comments from back then

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=579121.0

ricepig

You mean where it was said he was qualified, and he wasn't?

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2016, 08:22:39 am
You mean where it was said he was qualified, and he wasn't?

I think he meant where he was spot on.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawgwild child

I remember reading and keeping tabs, actually just went and reread it.  Great eye Hogfan2000

Air Show

June 12, 2016, 02:02:39 am #146 Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:14:30 am by Air Show
Say guys, enough already! Henri Murphy was always on the Hogs radar and Hogfan 2000 called what he saw.I told you in previous post that the kid is a typical late bloomer. In this day and time, late bloomers run under the radar, but not to a trained eye (Hogfan2000). Henri is a three-sport athlete with track speed. It is what it is. Let the kid decide his own fate and we will watch and wonder.

ricepig

Quote from: Air Show on June 12, 2016, 02:02:39 am
Say guys, enough already! Henri Murphy was always on the Hogs radar and Hogfan 2000 called what he saw.I told you in previous post that the kid is a typical late bloomer. In this day and time, late bloomers run under the radar, but not to a trained eye (Hogfan2000). Henri is a three-sport athlete with track speed. It is what it is. Let the kid decide his own fate and we will watch and wonder.

What will we be wondering?

hogfan2000

West and Biddy acted as if they were on the kid 2 years ago....I guess that's why they moved him into the natural 21 the last one they before or after signing day in 2015!   I did the same thing over there in the fall of 14 and it was crickets other than he was fast. I'd love to know when and if Henri was offered before or after signing day?  Was it after he qualified?  Did Arkansas hold a scholarship for him?  I don't know what the Razorback coaches  were doing while I was accused of being henri's dad amongst other insults, but all I know is I was out there with only a few then, and now all the talking heads act as if they knew what we had here!!  What abunch of crap!!  Ha.  Rivals had him at the 21st best Player in the state and that was because they moved him into that spot right before signing day!  But they were on him!!!  Ha, what a joke! 

The_Hog_Father

June 12, 2016, 11:50:23 am #149 Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:32:52 pm by Pigs in Zen
 :razorback: