Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Be honest: did Nutt losing to Vandy at home AGAIN take away the sting of BAMA??

Started by mathhog, September 20, 2008, 09:23:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Be honest: did Nutt losing to Vandy at home AGAIN take away the sting of BAMA??

Yes! We are young, our D was off, and Bama is good.  Nutt's loss > anything
164 (49.1%)
Almost, but not quite. I liked Nutt losing but anything Razorbacks > anything Nutt
156 (46.7%)
NO! Bama loss outweighs everything, and I was Rooting for Hootie!
14 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 320

Ceba

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Table Rocker

I'd love to see the comparisions of the recruiting class rankings between ole miss and ark the past three years.

Also the number of frosh playing on each team

PigSnort

Doesn't really affect my feelings on our game, but I loved seeing that smug sonofa@#$%& get beat by Vandy at home.

Oliver

Quote from: PigSnort on September 20, 2008, 09:27:50 pm
Doesn't really affect my feelings on our game, but I loved seeing that smug sonofa@#$%& get beat by Vandy at home.

My feelings exactly!

majp51

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 20, 2008, 09:27:06 pm
I'd love to see the comparisions of the recruiting class rankings between ole miss and ark the past three years.

Also the number of frosh playing on each team

Orgeron was a good recruiter. I believe they finished in the top 25 in recruiting every year for the past 3 years. IN fact the 2008 recruits was the first time Arkansas met or exceeded Ole Miss's recruit rankings.

RickyRoma

Hogs loss and outlook for the rest of the season weighs on my mind.

I'll always cheer for whoever plays a nut-led team, but I'm tired of hearing his name.  He's OM's problem now and I'd be willing to bet there are a few more fans over there thinking the same thing after tonight's brilliant display.

MusicCityHog75

Yes.  Col Dork losing is about the only thing I had to smile about today, but I would take 1 point Hog win over a 50 point Nutt loss anyday!

joeyself

Almost was the closest for me.  "Somewhat" would have been the perfect one.  I mean, I hated seeing the Hogs get pasted, but loved seeing OM drop the game to Vandy.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

donewithdale

hogsrmyfav36

F&*!NG INTRANET

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The best part is knowing that Ole Miss has far better talent than Vandy, and coaching made the difference!!!  Sayonara sucka!!

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Brownie Tuggle

I dont care about nothing but the 49 to 14 beating we just took. To hell with Nutt and Ole Miss! Stop worrying about Nutt! BP's Ship is in a storm right now.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

porkurina

It has not been a good day for me.  First I couldn't go to the game.  We got spanked.  Then my baby for 12 years got hurt and I had to have her put down.  God had me to stay home for a reason.The only positive is that Nutt lost.  I hope he feels my pain.

blunt_hawg

Nothing, even Nutt losing, should take away the sting of our loss today for any real Razorback fan.  Not saying that I didn't expect it, but hurt nonetheless.....

majp51

Quote from: Brownie Tuggle on September 20, 2008, 09:44:51 pm
I dont care about nothing but the 49 to 14 beating we just took. To hell with Nutt and Ole Miss! Stop worrying about Nutt! BP's Ship is in a storm right now.

Actually you should care a little bit, because Nutt made it abundantly clear tonight that no matter what you think of our squad this year, we have a good shot of at least 2 SEC wins (being Ole Miss and MSU)

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

usnavyhogfan

damn right it made me feel better. now lets see if he continues his streak on losing to the next sec opponent following a loss
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Brownie Tuggle

It's a sad day when Arkansas Fans are still imersed with what a EX-Coach does on Saturday at a rat hole like Ole Miss! Sad, sad, sad.

jgphillips3

I knew we were going to lose to Alabama.  However, we moved the ball okay and really blew ourselves out more than they blew us out so I can live with it.  When Ole Miss went down to Vandy, that just made everything better and more tolerable.  Before anyone says it, I hate losing and I'm not alright with losing.  But all realists know that we are going to lose a lot this season so you just suck it up and look to the future.  However, it is nice to see the season crumbling at Ole Miss already.

nextlevel

Its not that Ole Miss lost, but they way they lost. Its nice to know the frustration the fans are feeling, but for a change its happening to a different fan base.

I'm OK with the fact Petrino is rebuilding, I'm not happy with the fact he had little to work with when he arrived. The potential that lies ahead far outweighs losing to a top ten team, for me.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

victorhog29

No b/c from what i've seen so far they are alot better than us and we'll be for the next 2 years. so i'm not in laughing mode when it comes to Nutt losing on some freak fumble in the endzone. He managed that game exactly like he wanted. a chance to win at the end but Dexter just got stripped

RazrRila99

Losing in the fashion we did today stung badly!!!!  It always hurts when you lose and feel like something was left in the tank. 

With that said, Ole Miss losing today to Vandy was soothing, as was seeing Pitt State win against MoWest on a last second play. 

nextlevel

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:20:25 pm
No b/c from what i've seen so far they are alot better than us and we'll be for the next 2 years. so i'm not in laughing mode when it comes to Nutt losing on some freak fumble in the endzone. He managed that game exactly like he wanted. a chance to win at the end but Dexter just got stripped

o rly? The last two games Sneed has 4 INTs compared to 0 TDs. The "simplification of the offense" is going to work, probably not for Ole Miss in the end. Their offense put up 3 today.

Bama > Vandy 
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

majp51

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:20:25 pm

Vandy played with their second string QB for the second half.

ON talent alone The score should have been close to what ours was, instead HDN coached his team into a spot where an untimely fumble cost them the game.

victorhog29

Quote from: nextlevel on September 20, 2008, 10:25:17 pm
o rly? The last two games Sneed has 4 INTs compared to 0 TDs. The "simplification of the offense" is going to work, probably not for Ole Miss in the end. Their offense put up 3 today.

Bama > Vandy 

I don't think you or I saw todays game and I don't know anything about the circumstances of Sneads picks but HDN had his team in posistion to win that game today. He managed that exactly how he wanted and would have scored the winning touchdown had dexter not fumbled.

nextlevel

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:28:59 pm
I don't think you or I saw todays game and I don't know anything about the circumstances of Sneads picks but HDN had his team in posistion to win that game today. He managed that exactly how he wanted and would have scored the winning touchdown had dexter not fumbled.

Damn, Dexter's ribs must be hurting from all of those tires going over them.

ell oh ell

razorback3072

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:28:59 pm

Yet they still lost.  You are talking about a fumble changing the outcome against VANDERBILT, at home!!!   They scored 3 points on offense and scored all their points in the first quarter.  This is typical Nutt.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

victorhog29

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 20, 2008, 10:32:33 pm
Yet they still lost.  You are talking about a fumble changing the outcome against VANDERBILT, at home!!!   They scored 3 points on offense and scored all their points in the first quarter.  This is typical Nutt.

yea playing conservative and not to lose. taking no chances. Trying to get to the 4th and win. the thing is that philosphy should have won this game but he did not bank on a fumble in the endzone. He did manage to get a long pass play to set that up though.

Conway Hog

I can't stand nutt...I hope he loses everything...and that the Hogs spank he and the Rebs in Oct!!!!
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

SquidBilly

The Ole Miss loss today coupled with the fact that next week they play Florida has pretty much relieved the sting of our loss completely.  Ole Miss fans will be flying banners by season's end.  Maybe we could help defray some of the cost for them and let them have the banners we flew last year.

nextlevel

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:38:17 pm
yea playing conservative and not to lose. taking no chances. Trying to get to the 4th and win. the thing is that philosphy should have won this game but he did not bank on a fumble in the endzone. He did manage to get a long pass play to set that up though.

You call that moral victory, brotha.

There was a LOT of game before that ONE play. One play doesn't nor should it ever lose a game.

ell oh ell

PIGskin Pride

Quote from: victorhog29 on September 20, 2008, 10:38:17 pm

Man...  That is truly sad.  You sound just like my buddy who campaigned to keep nuttless.  His only justification was that he was an OK coach and he was worried poor little arky couldn't do any better.  Then when Petrino was hired, he was glad to see nuttless gone and thought we hit a homerum.  Just like someone who would sing Nutts praises for keeping it close against a perenial cupcake.  You see, the people with balls have the confidence and the vision to be able to cut mediocrity loose and gamble to change for the better.   

razorback3072

Quote from: nextlevel on September 20, 2008, 10:58:57 pm
You call that moral victory, brotha.

There was a LOT of game before that ONE play. One play doesn't nor should it ever lose a game.

especially against Vandy.  In 2005, when we lost to them at home, I remember the "phantom catch" where the ball bounced off the ground and they ruled it a catch.  That kept their drive alive.  That one play seemed to change the outcome of the game, however, what really changed the game was the fact that DMAC and Felix had one carry each for 6 yards each.  All because "you just trust those seniors to hang on to the ball."  Once again proving that he plays not to lose instead of playing to win. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

nextlevel

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 20, 2008, 11:35:46 pm
especially against Vandy.  In 2005, when we lost to them at home, I remember the "phantom catch" where the ball bounced off the ground and they ruled it a catch.  That kept their drive alive.  That one play seemed to change the outcome of the game, however, what really changed the game was the fact that DMAC and Felix had one carry each for 6 yards each.  All because "you just trust those seniors to hang on to the ball."  Once again proving that he plays not to lose instead of playing to win. 

That first and goal situation with 4 straight run plays up the middle, check that the same play ran 4 times yielding zero points and a turnover on downs had nothing to do with it either. ::)

ell oh ell

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

trollhog

Hootie knew we would be bad, thats why he left.  Now hes stinkin' it up with ole mis, with more talent.  I hope we kick some rebel butt on Oct. 25
WPS!

razorback3072

Quote from: nextlevel on September 20, 2008, 11:39:42 pm
That first and goal situation with 4 straight run plays up the middle, check that the same play ran 4 times yielding zero points and a turnover on downs had nothing to do with it either. ::)

Wasn't that against So. Car. that year??  Hillis 4 times on 1st and goal from the 1.  Regardless, the result was the same in both games.

NuttinItUp

rzrbcksooie

the worst sting is going to be when ole miss rolls into fayetteville and beats our tails by 5 TDs... who cares about vandy and ole miss? i wish some of these fans could stop worrying about the past and look to the future....

stormyhog

The only reason I'm glad Ole Miss lost is because they are SEC West and Vandy is SEC East.  It helps Arkansas in the standings.  Nutt being the coach means nothing to me.  He's gone, I have no thoughts of him one way or another.

rzrbcksooie

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 20, 2008, 10:32:33 pm
Yet they still lost.  You are talking about a fumble changing the outcome against VANDERBILT, at home!!!   They scored 3 points on offense and scored all their points in the first quarter.  This is typical Nutt.
who gives a crap?!? we got embarassed by 5 TDs and everyone is ok with that all because of nutt losing... i thought you people didnt stand for mediocrity? hypocritical??

hei5manhog

Quote from: rzrbcksooie on September 21, 2008, 12:14:53 am
who gives a crap?!? we got embarassed by 5 TDs and everyone is ok with that all because of nutt losing... i thought you people didnt stand for mediocrity? hypocritical??

I just think we have perspective.  No one is happy or cool with today's loss.  By all means get pissed about it if you must, but you'll just have to sit there and shake because there's nothing you, me or most importantly, BP can do about the hand we've been dealt.  I hate thinking next year, next year, but it is the nature of football.  You can't build a team overnight, and since we haven't recruited the defensive side of the ball in about 4 years, and we play in the SEC we will go through hard times.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

toshortrock

what they ougth to do is take this thread out,who really gives a damn what nutt does
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////