Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jesse Grandy

Started by Wildhog, September 18, 2008, 06:47:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Grandy's projected to be a WR or CB.  With 3 CBs already committed, it appears we're just waiting on Gabe Lynn.

With Johnson and Barlow committed at WR, if we get Cobi Hamilton or Andre Simmons, should we pull Grandy's offer?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Porkatarian

Grandy has SEC talent as a DB or a WR, but he better hurry up and commit b/c there's only 10 seats left on the bus and it's filling up fast!  :razorback:

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

bigt05

agreed...Can he not play Safety or is he too short??? also do we want all our safeties to be able to play the "jack" position???

Wildhog

Quote from: bigt05 on September 18, 2008, 07:38:15 pm
agreed...Can he not play Safety or is he too short??? also do we want all our safeties to be able to play the "jack" position???

He's 5'10", 155 lbs...  He's only gonna be a CB or WR.
1909/1964/1965/1977

kclvr

Saw the game against Bastrop last Friday and wasn't impressed.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Wildhog on September 18, 2008, 07:58:38 pm
He's 5'10", 155 lbs...  He's only gonna be a CB or WR.

Or a punt returner that blew Arkansas' best chance at an SEC title to date.  Dang Reggie Fish.  Oh wait, sorry, this thread is about someone else isn't it....

yraciv

Quote from: kclvr on September 18, 2008, 08:04:15 pm
Saw the game against Bastrop last Friday and wasn't impressed.

He made some plays at DB.  I hear he is a lot more impressive when he is playing teams that aren't ranked in the top 10 nationally, and have the number one ranked WR.

McHogLovin

We land Lynn and we won't need him.  Have heard he has a bad head.  Hard to believe that about a Pine Bluff kid.

kclvr

Quote from: yraciv on September 18, 2008, 08:25:11 pm
He made some plays at DB.  I hear he is a lot more impressive when he is playing teams that aren't ranked in the top 10 nationally, and have the number one ranked WR.

I woud rather try and get ones that play up to better comp not having to play down to lesser comp.

yraciv

Quote from: kclvr on September 18, 2008, 08:29:38 pm
I woud rather try and get ones that play up to better comp not having to play down to lesser comp.

Grandy doesn't have a lot of talent around him, and isn't even on the best team in his city.  He didn't play down, he just played against a really good team, and he is the only D1 talent on his team.  No one can look good when you don't have help.  That being said I'd rather just land Lynn and we'd be set.

Wildhog

"In college, I think I'll be a receiver," Grandy said. "I like LSU, Texas and Ohio State, that's my main colleges."

-Jesse Grandy
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Boar War

Quote from: Wildhog on September 18, 2008, 09:08:22 pm
"In college, I think I'll be a receiver," Grandy said. "I like LSU, Texas and Ohio State, that's my main colleges."

-Jesse Grandy

After reading this statement I'm guessing the verdict has already been passed.

hogsmaster

-Jesse Grandy

If that's true, we should pull his offer.  He's no D. Winston!

yraciv

Quote from: The Boar War on September 18, 2008, 09:21:06 pm
After reading this statement I'm guessing the verdict has already been passed.

He is dreaming if he thinks one of those schools will offer.

RZRBack_FAN

He hasnt seemed interested in us from the get go!

I am not really sure why he has an offer from us in the first place. I dont care how fast a kid is when you weigh 155 lbs you realy dont need to be playing SEC football.

Razorvet

155lbs. That is Reggie Fish BIG. We cannot let him get away.

chevyhawgfan

Well one thing to keep in mind is he could add 30 to 40 lbs of muscle to his frame. He is very very skinny right now. If he were to redshirt, and was put in a weight program he will end up a lot bigger.

Tomhog™

I would expect him to move on the offer soon.  With the chance of Lynn getting on board and others interested, he is starting to feel the squeeze, I'd imagine.

Rebel64

-Jesse Grandy

I would bet anything he want get an offer from LSU for DB or WR.  He might could walk on to their scout team though.

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 19, 2008, 12:32:59 am
I would expect him to move on the offer soon.  With the chance of Lynn getting on board and others interested, he is starting to feel the squeeze, I'd imagine.

Tom,

I don't think we take him anymore.

He is not on top or our CB list and I believe Ricky Johnson took his WR spot.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Beaverfever

I think people read too much into the fact that some of these kids scout or rivals profile says they have an offer.

notreseveredname

As far as WR

Mujahid Assad and Hamilton both seem pretty interested in Arkansas.  If he is going to be a WR he needs to jump on board.

Quinn Franklin?  Whats his status?