Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama noseguard Cody sounds pretty confident

Started by hogattack, September 17, 2008, 10:47:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogattack

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080917/NEWS/809159890/1004/sports&title=Big_man_showdown

This is another pretty good article hyping the Luigs/Cody matchup for this weekend.

From reading this I would say Cody is a little overconfident about facing up with the best center in country for a guy who has played 3 games at Bama

Beaverfever

I think you're reaching with the overconfident comment.

razorsharptusk

Luigs will have his hands full.  This statement comes to mind though,  "speed kills".   Luigs will beat this guy off the ball. What concerns me is the wear and tear down after down.  Go get him Luigs.
GO HOGS!!

hogattack

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 17, 2008, 10:57:04 am
I think you're reaching with the overconfident comment.

Yea, i'm am reaching a little. I guess when Cody said that if Luigs was going to man up one on one with him it would be a "mistake" sounded a little cocky to me...

DeltaBoy

He is one chop block away from sitting on the sidelines with Saban.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

johogs001

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 11:05:31 am
Yea, i'm am reaching a little. I guess when Cody said that if Luigs was going to man up one on one with him it would be a "mistake" sounded a little cocky to me...

He actually said "might" in that quote.  That is why its a stretch. His other quotes shows he respects Luigs as well.

gohogsgo006

on the Luigs/Cody matchup:

Luigs is a great blocker, we all know that. But the thing that makes Luigs so good is he knows how to call out assignments to the rest of the line. You dont just get awards for blocking well. Luigs can point out a weakness to CD, who can then change a play.

Cody might be bigger/stronger, but Luigs has got the smarts on him
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

hogdiggity

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 11:05:31 am

He's cocky, but a whole lot of playing in the trenches is attitude and thinking your meaner and badder than the guy across from you.  It is expected.  I suspect at the end of the day they will both shake each others hand and know that each of them got the others best.

Reservoir Hogs

He is facing an All-American and the best Center in the Country... He came from po-dunk juco and has played 3 games at bama...

This sounds a little over-confident.

"'I'm looking forward to that, it's going to be a good matchup,' Cody said. 'He's good, I'm good"

I hope Lugis and the rest of the boys on the line step and show us why were supposed to be a strength of our team

Kim Jong Il

September 17, 2008, 12:43:50 pm #9 Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:46:26 pm by Kim Jong Il
Terrence Cody is a beast. This kid will be a star in the NFL and as much as I love Luigs this is a matchup he will probably lose due to freakish size and strength. Jonathon will need help just like every other lineman in the country would with this kid

The Boar War

Actually (by Bama standards) Terence Cody is extremely modest almost bashful.

I don't think we will run up the middle much at all this weekend.  I think we will spread the field, make him run, and negate his size by the fourth quarter.  Cody is good, very good, but lets be honest he hasn't faced anywhere near this quality of offensive line.

hogattack

Quote from: johogs001 on September 17, 2008, 11:23:25 am
He actually said "might" in that quote.  That is why its a stretch. His other quotes shows he respects Luigs as well.

I sincerely apologize for flagrantly misleading you with my summation of Mr. Cody's quote and feelings of Luigs as a player.  Here is the word for word excerpt from the article that seemed to imply, in my humble opinion, that Mr. Cody is confident about his ability to match up with Luigs.

Wait, the Razorbacks wouldn't try to man-up against Cody with just Luigs, would they?

'If they do, it might be a mistake,' Cody said.

I really don't see how the "might" in there changes anything, but as you pointed out, I did not include it and I'm sure it ruined your day.

Now, whether having a Luigs/Cody one on one match up would acutually be bad news for the Hogs is a different story, but I can't wait to watch these two guys go at it on Saturday!

Teague

September 17, 2008, 01:29:56 pm #12 Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:32:51 pm by Teague
Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 01:27:30 pm
I sincerely apologize for flagrantly misleading you with my summation of Mr. Cody's quote and feelings of Luigs as a player.  Here is the word for word excerpt from the article that seemed to imply, in my humble opinion, that Mr. Cody is confident about his ability to match up with Luigs.

Wait, the Razorbacks wouldn't try to man-up against Cody with just Luigs, would they?

'If they do, it might be a mistake,' Cody said.

I really don't see how the "might" in there changes anything, but as you pointed out, I did not include it and I'm sure it ruined your day.

Now, whether having a Luigs/Cody one on one match up would acutually be bad news for the Hogs is a different story, but I can't wait to watch these two guys go at it on Saturday!

How would you like for your players to respond when asked a question like that?  Seriously, what do you expect?  The man is SUPPOSED to be confident in his abilities.   The dude is a monster and he's confident, but not cocky.  Go listen to the interview you're quoting: http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=multimedia&show=video&lineup=431782885# He's a quiet, shy guy.  But, he knows what he can do.  I don't even know how much he squats because his JUCO didn't have the equipment to go over 800lbs. 

HoggieStyle

It's Bama. It's Satan.

What else would you expect?

LOL

RazorNineOneOne

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 01:29:56 pm
I don't even know how much he squats because his JUCO didn't have the equipment to go over 800lbs. 
I heard that Terrence Cody's tears cure cancer.  Its just too bad he never cries.  Also, I heard that when he does his pushups, he's actually pushing the earth down, but his JuCo didn't have the GPS satellite to track it.

Hog1952

With his size I would feel confident in a football game too.

Countrybdp

"I don't even know how much he squats because his JUCO didn't have the equipment to go over 800lbs."

This kid would kill Ivan Drago.

hogattack

September 17, 2008, 02:30:48 pm #17 Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:33:57 pm by hogattack
Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 01:29:56 pm
I don't even know how much he squats because his JUCO didn't have the equipment to go over 800lbs. 

Terrance Cody once appeared on Wheel of Fortune, the show began by him spinning the wheel, the next 59 minutes consisted of awkward silence as the wheel continued to spin...

El Puerco Grande

I'm just glad we have a new staff.  The old regime would run it right at Cody 50 times just to prove a point.
How 'bout them hogs?

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 17, 2008, 11:21:04 am

They don't play Auburn until Nov. 29.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: rjoyner44 on September 17, 2008, 02:47:08 pm
I'm just glad we have a new staff.  The old regime would run it right at Cody 50 times just to prove a point.

I think D-Mac could of took him!..
GO HOGS!!

Teague

Joke all you want, but I'm telling you, he's a hoss.  He's 6'5", 365+lbs, runs a 5.5 forty, can dunk a basketball (barely), benches 400+, squats 700+ (I'll drop that from the 800 that I read somewhere else). I'm just saying, he ain't chuck norris, but he's damn close. 

b0sc0b

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 03:09:07 pm
Joke all you want, but I'm telling you, he's a hoss.  He's 6'5", 365+lbs, runs a 5.5 forty, can dunk a basketball (barely), benches 400+, squats 700+ (I'll drop that from the 800 that I read somewhere else). I'm just saying, he ain't chuck norris, but he's damn close. 
With this guy, Alabama won't even need eleven players on defense.  I wouldn't even take my kids to the game.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

Teague

Quote from: b0sc0b on September 17, 2008, 03:17:55 pm
With this guy, Alabama won't even need eleven players on defense.  I wouldn't even take my kids to the game.

You shouldn't.  There was a disclaimer here yesterday about that.  Two or three kids that got near him are already missing.  Don't take unecessary chances. 

Hawgvillain

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 03:20:44 pm
You shouldn't.  There was a disclaimer here yesterday about that.  Two or three kids that got near him are already missing.  Don't take unecessary chances. 

They are not missing, They are just in orbit around him.  Wait 12 hours and they will show up again.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

PositronHog

Quote from: Hawgvillain on September 17, 2008, 03:22:03 pm
Check out this video from the Tulane game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4
Watching Barack Obama and Ellen DeGeneres dance is pretty dam funny. Anybody got one with John McCain and Rosie O'Donnell dancing? ???

rzrbcksooie

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 02:30:48 pm
Terrance Cody once appeared on Wheel of Fortune, the show began by him spinning the wheel, the next 59 minutes consisted of awkward silence as the wheel continued to spin...
wheel of fortune only lasts 30 minutes... not 60

hogattack

Quote from: rzrbcksooie on September 17, 2008, 03:32:56 pm

Not when Terrance Cody is on the show, commercial breaks and time frames don't apply to him

Teague

See?  This is how exaggerrations get started.  Nice catch, rzrbcksooie. 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorNineOneOne

Thanks for the clarification, Poindexter.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 10:47:20 am
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080917/NEWS/809159890/1004/sports&title=Big_man_showdown

This is another pretty good article hyping the Luigs/Cody matchup for this weekend.

From reading this I would say Cody is a little overconfident about facing up with the best center in country for a guy who has played 3 games at Bama

Anybody have Luigs email address? Send this to him and the rest of the O-Line...this is great bulletin board material. This kid may be big and overwhelming because of his size, but there are always ways to take care of the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 17, 2008, 11:21:04 am

I called that penalty, brother. :)
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsav1

I'm impressed that Saban was able to switch to a 3-4 scheme, cuz you need to have a dominant NT if you want success in a 3-4 scheme, which is hard to come by on the college level.  On one hand, we were able to run all over them last year, but this year, Cody helped them shut down Clemson's RBs.  It will be an interesting matchup to say the least.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 17, 2008, 08:10:25 pm
I'm impressed that Saban was able to switch to a 3-4 scheme, cuz you need to have a dominant NT if you want success in a 3-4 scheme, which is hard to come by on the college level.  On one hand, we were able to run all over them last year, but this year, Cody helped them shut down Clemson's RBs.  It will be an interesting matchup to say the least.

I'd bet that our staff will be raiding the JC ranks(just like Bama did for this kid) to shore up some of our weak spots more immediately for the next season.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsav1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 17, 2008, 08:21:22 pm
I'd bet that our staff will be raiding the JC ranks(just like Bama did for this kid) to shore up some of our weak spots more immediately for the next season.

I could definitely see that.  We need some experienced help rather quick, so it makes sense that a few JUCO fellows could help us out.  I wonder how many we'll sign and in what positions.  I'd say we get some defensive JUCO help, cuz we seem to need it at D-line and linebacker.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

cbjagman

Old saying:"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"!

Bama Possum

Quote from: cbjagman on September 17, 2008, 08:35:13 pm
Old saying:"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"!

But Lord have mercy, I don't want to be anywhere around that fall.

There aren't any major fault lines around Fayetteville are there? Just in case he does fall.

PositronHog

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 17, 2008, 08:53:42 pm
But Lord have mercy, I don't want to be anywhere around that fall.

There aren't any major fault lines around Fayetteville are there? Just in case he does fall.
No but Lindsey construction has some pretty big cranes to pick his fat-a$$ up off the ground........ :-*

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogfanbryan on September 17, 2008, 08:58:56 pm
No but Lindsey construction has some pretty big cranes to pick his fat-a$$ up off the ground........ :-*

Forget that, let's just hope they have a backhoe at the game to dig a trench large enough on the 50 yard line to bury him in. Clemson didn't know about this guy so they weren't ready, and we aren't Tulane or Western Kentucky. Just remember, he gets HIS SEC initiation this weekend too. This ain't JC ball, some non-BCS school or sandlot football and he'll be going against the reigning Remington Award winner. We'll see how he fares against someone with great technique.
Go Hogs Go!

MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM

Quote from: razrhog05 on September 17, 2008, 11:33:29 am
He is facing an All-American and the best Center in the Country... He came from po-dunk juco and has played 3 games at bama...

./error_correct/output post:

Po-dunk JUCO is an error.  Cody played for the JUCO national champions and was a first team JUCO All-American, as well as the conference MVP in 2007.

End of Line...

RazorNineOneOne

Quote from: MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM on September 17, 2008, 09:40:48 pm

Po-dunk JUCO is an error.  Cody played for the JUCO national champions and was a first team JUCO All-American, as well as the conference MVP in 2007.

End of Line...

I'm embarrassed for you that that was your first post here.

MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM

Quote from: RazorNineOneOne on September 17, 2008, 09:46:53 pm
I'm embarrassed for you that that was your first post here.

./reply/output post:

Projected feelings of inadequacy are irrelevant.

End of Line...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM on September 17, 2008, 09:40:48 pm

End of Line...

If he played Juco in this era it means one of two things, either he was a non-qualifier which means he isn't that smart or he isn't that talented. He appears to be talented, so I would assume he can't think very fast which means he can be duped by mis-direction. I am sure he is a good kid, not meaning to diss him, just sayin.
Go Hogs Go!

MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 17, 2008, 09:56:42 pm
If he played Juco in this era it means one of two things, either he was a non-qualifier which means he isn't that smart or he isn't that talented. He appears to be talented, so I would assume he can't think very fast which means he can be duped by mis-direction. I am sure he is a good kid, not meaning to diss him, just sayin.

./response/output post:

Misdirection is a non-issue at noseguard.  His job is to clog the middle and occupy blockers.  If his physical strength and size requires a double team, his job is done.  Playing interior line is reactionary or gap control.  Reads are not an issue for a nose.

End of Line...

Blue35

Bring him and the rest of the red elephants on. I hope he is overconfident.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MASTERCONTROLPROGRAM on September 17, 2008, 10:05:54 pm

./response/output post:

Misdirection is a non-issue at noseguard.  His job is to clog the middle and occupy blockers.  If his physical strength and size requires a double team, his job is done.  Playing interior line is reactionary or gap control.  Reads are not an issue for a nose.

End of Line...

I am looking forward to Luigs making you Elephant arses eat your words in regard to the Sta Puff Marshmallow Boy.
Go Hogs Go!

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

TuckFexas

Ernest Mitchell isn't exactly a giant pillow that Luigs goes against in practice either. I know is freakishly strong. I don't know what his height/weight is but I can't imagine him looking like Vern Troyer standing next to Cody. I think this matchup is getting blown out of proportion. I'm sure he'll see double-teams but I find it hard to believe Cody is magically the best DT in the nation after 3 games.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.