Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6'5" 365lbs Terrence Cody

Started by Kim Jong Il, September 16, 2008, 12:45:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: El Puerco on September 16, 2008, 05:27:56 pm
We aint moving that fat guy.  365# is probably conservative.  It's SEC, there aren't a bunch of pancake blocks and moving people around.  It's mostly stale-mate and positioning.  I would love to see somebody root that Tubbo out of the box but there's only so much that can be done with Godzilla over center. I think Luigs will do extremely well against this guy.....but with brains, experience, hand position, and guards blocking down on him.  We'd need a dump-truck to move this beast.

Whatever you say.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 05:28:25 pm
Hello Razorback fans.  This is my first time over here and I come in peace. 

Just thought I'd chime in on Cody.  The guy will never be a stat machine.  His sole purpose is to clog up the middle and demand a double team.  That frees up a guy on the Bama defense to get the stats.  As far as him not being able to play the whole game, like another bama fan mentioned, he doesn't have to.  He rotates every 5 plays with another 300+ lb monster. 

Cody has provided a big boost to the bama defense this year.  There is NO running up the middle. 

The only thing he looks like he has been a big boost to is the Whopper sales at the Burger King in Tuscaloosa.
Go Hogs Go!

jackflash

Its going to be a great battle between Cody and Luigs.  Take nothing away form Cody he is good. Can't wait for the day my hogs have 6-5 300 pounds DT. Protecting Casey is going to be the key in the game. Remember Alabama secondary is young, lets see what the 5=WR set does.

Teague

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2008, 06:18:54 pm
The only thing he looks like he has been a big boost to is the Whopper sales at the Burger King in Tuscaloosa.

No, the recent jump in whopper sales is in addition to:

Rushing Defense per Game
1.    Alabama           42.7
2.    Florida State     43.0
3.    TCU                  43.3
4.    Indiana             45.5
5.    LSU                  48.0
6.    Louisville          48.0
7.    Kentucky          49.3
8.    USC                 51.5
9.    Auburn             53.0
10.  San Jose State  55.3

LA Football fan

There won't be many obvious running downs with Petrino as coach.  He will run when you least expect it and throw when you don't.  He will take your nose tackles out of the game through line splits, personnel packages (4-5 receiver sets).  He will back your linebackers off the line of scrimmage to account for the tight end and then run to make them come back up.  He will isolate our best player on your weakest link on defense and exploit it all game long, whether it is a tight end on a linebacker or a wr covered by a safety.  In other words, he will get his yards on offense one way or another, not like the last coach we had.  He has weapons at WR we have never had or used before.  He has a seasoned qb just like you that can recognize defenses and change the play at the line of scrimmage.  If we don't drop easy passes to kill drives like we have the first two games, we will make this a very interesting contest.  If we make the same mistakes, you will obviously be in control early and we will not be able to come back as easily as we did the first two games.  The real key is how our defense will stack up against your offense.  We are very young there and have looked very vulnerable to the run and pass already.  If we don't improve 200% from the first two games, it may not matter how good our offense plays against your defense. 
Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 05:42:30 pm
That's true and nowhere in my post did I say anything about Cody against Arkansas.  My comments were about him as a player in general.  Against your spread 'em out offense, the other nose, Chapman, will get more playing time.  Except, of course, in obvious running downs (if you guys have any of those anymore).

IronHog

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 06:31:05 pm

Rushing Defense per Game
1.    Alabama           42.7
2.    Florida State     43.0
4.    Indiana             45.5
8.    USC                 51.5
9.    Auburn             53.0

We're going to get stomped.

But we'll rush for way more than that.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

havok

I can see the Assistant coach now at bama when he first walked onto the field..

"Jesus...look at that Mama Jama over there".    (Line from The Replacements).

Smithian

The guy can move you all. He was chasing down screens and outside runs after Clemson got sick up being knocked on their butts up the middle. He rotates enough to stay fresh.

Luigs will contain him, but noone will dominate him.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: XXL TideFan on September 16, 2008, 05:20:50 pm
There isn't a center in all of college football that can handle #62 by himself. He will tie up at least 2 men the entire game.

There's not a forklift in the world that can handle #62 by itself, so what?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 06:31:05 pm

Rushing Defense per Game
1.    Alabama           42.7
2.    Florida State     43.0
4.    Indiana             45.5
8.    USC                 51.5
9.    Auburn             53.0

I expected a better come back than that. Yeah, he's big but as much love as you guys have for him, he isn't going to be chasing down RB's that get outside the tackle or TE's/WR's making catches downfield. I doubt Petrino and the Razorbacks are panicking over having "Fat Albert" in the game.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggy1

Lets see, Luigs is a 4 year SEC center, and undoubtedly one of the best in the nation.

He's went up against better DT's than this guy,  ask Glen Dorsey.

Doens't matter who is lined up across from Luigs, I'll take him in any matchup.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

El Puerco Grande

Whats the bigger number, waist line, or IQ?
How 'bout them hogs?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

El Puerco Grande

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 05:36:29 pm

LOL  True.

So what has Arky's offense been like so far?  Is it the complete opposite of Nutt or have they mixed in a decent amount of running to balance it out?
We run it , and pass it, on all 4 downs.  Nutt's brain can't even wrap around that.
How 'bout them hogs?

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

El Puerco Grande

By the way, although I don't think we will "pound" Bama, or put up big numbers, I have a feeling Michael Smith is going to pop one that will get 42 yards.  He's kinda quick.
How 'bout them hogs?

Hoggish1

Quote from: orgkeith on September 16, 2008, 01:29:39 pm
Did not watch much of the Bama-Clemson game.  What I did see was Cody stand out like a sore thumb.  He completely blew up the middle of Clemson's OL.  We will not be running up the middle in this game.

Clemson doesn't have anybody close to Luigs.  I'm not worried about man mountain Dean, who will be frustrated all day at how quick JL comes at him.

mountainhog

Mitch C

Quote from: XXL TideFan on September 16, 2008, 05:20:50 pm
There isn't a center in all of college football that can handle #62 by himself. He will tie up at least 2 men the entire game.

I don't see what is so great about 62.  Our centers have even trained on 69.

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 05:28:25 pm
Hello Razorback fans.  This is my first time over here and I come in peace. 

Just thought I'd chime in on Cody.  The guy will never be a stat machine.  His sole purpose is to clog up the middle and demand a double team.  That frees up a guy on the Bama defense to get the stats.  As far as him not being able to play the whole game, like another bama fan mentioned, he doesn't have to.  He rotates every 5 plays with another 300+ lb monster. 

Cody has provided a big boost to the bama defense this year.  There is NO running up the middle. 

If he has any talent whatsoever, what you say is right, I guarantee he's dang strong and like I said earlier, he never quits.  I believe that Luigs will be good enough to turn the guy, maybe not move him out of the hole, but isolate him enough so that when a guard gives him a good pop on the playside shoulder and goes 2nd level for a linebacker, there might be a few holes for 3-4 yards.  I'm sure he'll create some piles though.  It will be a good match-up, I'm glad someone pointed him out so I can watch him this weekend.  Thanks for the level-headed posts by the way. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 16, 2008, 01:48:14 pm
Do not laugh at, mock, or otherwise annoy Terrence Cody. He will eat you with a side of onion rings and a diet coke.

Do not allow your children to play on or around Terrence Cody. There is still an ongoing investigation over three missing children who mistook him for a bouncing fort.

Do not come near Terrence Cody while you are eating or shortly after eating, especially bar-b-que. Blue Cross and Blue Shield have already added waivers to this effect. It's kind of like running with the bulls in Pamplona. If you choose to place yourself in this dangerous position it is considered your own negligible act.

If Terrence Cody should become agitated or angry while in your presence, try and play a harp or flute. If you do not have a harp or flute, kick the guy next to you in the shins and run...fast.

This has been a public service message.

Ha, ha.  Luigs will run circles around him and tiny tim will have a big wet spot between his loins...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 16, 2008, 02:47:56 pm
Article on the matchup...http://www.al.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports/1221556547227300.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

The 395 was from last year. He has dropped 30 pounds and is currently at 365.

Well no problem then.  Send your poem to TC and warm him of JL.

Smithian

You all keep laughing at Terrance Cody, but we haven't been pushing people around up front last two weeks, and none of the people we faced are SEC. The big runs against UL Monroe were draws and outside zones, which is more of a testament to Michael Smith than the O-Line. Luigs will contain him, but don't act like he isn't a threat.

Porkys Revenge

No doubt, Cody could plug up the middle of the Panama Canal. But this is a team sport and its gonna take more than just him to win this one.

Blue35

I watched him in the Clemson game and he is very quick and did not get tired in the second half. He will be a big load and a problem.

Porkys Revenge

Blah blah blah. Let's play the game and see what happens.

Teague

I ran across this video over on our boards and thought of this thread.  I thought some of you might be interested.  I'm not posting it because I think you or your players should be scared of Cody.  Just thought you might want to see the man-child in action. 

Obviously this is against Western Kentucky caliber players, but impressive nonetheless.  He bulldozes 3 WKU linemen into the RB for a tackle. 

dhornjr1

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 12:23:57 am
I ran across this video over on our boards and thought of this thread.  I thought some of you might be interested.  I'm not posting it because I think you or your players should be scared of Cody.  Just thought you might want to see the man-child in action. 

Obviously this is against Western Kentucky caliber players, but impressive nonetheless.  He bulldozes 3 WKU linemen into the RB for a tackle. 

Actually the center and the right guard are blocking him initially.

The right tackle is blocking the left defensive end. The left guard and left tackle are double teaming the other defensive tackle. Then the running back runs up to try to help block Cody and the QB keeps the ball and is tackled by your right defensive end who went in untouched because of the other two double team blocks.

It's ONLY two linemen that he's bulldozing.

Teague

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 17, 2008, 01:41:19 am
Actually the center and the right guard are blocking him initially.

The right tackle is blocking the left defensive end. The left guard and left tackle are double teaming the other defensive tackle. Then the running back runs up to try to help block Cody and the QB keeps the ball and is tackled by your right defensive end who went in untouched because of the other two double team blocks.

It's ONLY two linemen that he's bulldozing.

LOL, alright, whatever.  I admit I didn't really watch it that closely. 

I'll rephrase it to this:

Wow, look at that pile of people that Cody amassed!

bamabaseball

yes have seen this man play. and yes he is the man. takes two blockers most of time

BigDave70

Quote from: bamabaseball on September 17, 2008, 04:27:11 am
yes have seen this man play. and yes he is the man. takes two blockers most of time
I was at the same game with bamabaseball and hes all man thats for sure
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

havok

Nonetheless how many guys will block him, anytime a double team is required, it leaves the other linemen and possibly backs with major responsibilities to slow or halt pass rushes.  We will need a very disciplined performance, and a game plan to counter this...and with Coach Petrino, we have probably the top offensive mind in the country.

I worry more about of Defense...and Lately our Special Teams.  Offense will do it's part, but not sure anyone's offense can carry the load of the whole team, week in and week out.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Countrybdp on September 16, 2008, 02:54:11 pm

He's Arkansas' lightweight???  Care to explain?

Just quit yer damn worryin' country boy!  Luigs' shall own him. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

ezraboss

Quote from: Teague on September 16, 2008, 05:36:29 pm

LOL  True.

So what has Arky's offense been like so far?  Is it the complete opposite of Nutt or have they mixed in a decent amount of running to balance it out?

decent amount of running.

We won't double team this guy Cody unless the original design of the play calls for that. 

Teague

Quote from: ezraboss on September 17, 2008, 10:29:46 am
decent amount of running.

We won't double team this guy Cody unless the original design of the play calls for that. 

No, you'll double team him, I promise you that.  It's common practice to double team the nose anyway, but it's an absolute necessity with Cody.  Now, if we were talking about quick pass plays, maybe not, but he won't be in on many of those type plays.  He's the run-stopper. 

ezraboss

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 11:26:57 am
No, you'll double team him, I promise you that.  It's common practice to double team the nose anyway, but it's an absolute necessity with Cody.  Now, if we were talking about quick pass plays, maybe not, but he won't be in on many of those type plays.  He's the run-stopper. 

Right. But it's hard to predict when we will pass or run.

dhornjr1

Quote from: ezraboss on September 17, 2008, 11:31:24 am
Right. But it's hard to predict when we will pass or run.

Man. When was the last time we could say that?

tiber

There will be more passing than running. 

If Petrino thinks it will help win the game, look for this guy (and the guy he rotates with) to get chopped.  After that it's more psychological than physical... reckless abandon can be replaced with regard for one's safety. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

I think we'll see a lot of screen passes and dumps to the RB to keep Kamala the Ugandan Giant from being effective.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Teague

Quote from: wocraig on September 17, 2008, 01:19:22 pm
I think we'll see a lot of screen passes and dumps to the RB to keep Kamala the Ugandan Giant from being effective.

That's what clemson tried.  ;)

doleske

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2008, 05:02:51 pm
And sometimes turning and screening a guy is enough. It is physically more challenging and tiring when you have a big body across from you just because the fat arse's tend to lean on you, but if you get under the front edge of his pads and push up with your hands, you can move him.

Who wears out quicker?  Is it easier to attack or fend off the attack?

hogattack

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 01:27:21 pm

lol. Typical Bama fan, no team can do anything to be effective against the almighty Crimson Tide, no way, no how.  I'm sure you guys would shutout USC as well

IronHog

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 01:27:21 pm

Clemson didn't have RB's from Arkansas.  We do.

Southern Outlaw

These are some numbers that I picked up from one of our (Bama) web sights that may be of some interest.

points allowed per game
alabama-9th-7.7
arkansas-76th-25.5

rush defense
alabama-1st-42.7 yds per game
arkansas-50th-114 yds per game

total defense
alabama-13th-221.3 yds per game
arkansas-43rd-301.5 yds per game
and to give the guy who found this credit I wanted to post a link

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/9611049277

After looking over all of the stats that both teams have posted this year, and then looking at who each team has played I can't see anyway that the Tide leaves with less than a 21 point win.  Also I believe that both of your wins were at home. One against a 1-2 Div 1-AA school, and one against 1-2 La-Monroe. Yes, I do remember last years La-Monroe game, but that was last year.  Things have changed some since last year. Ark this year just isn't a very good ball team, but I do believe that at some point y'all will be back. 

Teague

Quote from: hogattack on September 17, 2008, 05:01:24 pm
lol. Typical Bama fan, no team can do anything to be effective against the almighty Crimson Tide, no way, no how.  I'm sure you guys would shutout USC as well

Sorry, didn't realize that I was supposed to just say, "yeah, do that.  it will work."  I figured I'd point out that it had been tried against Bama this year and didn't work.  That doesn't mean that NOTHING will work.  That doesn't mean we could beat USC. 

As far as RB's from arkansas, I don't even know who your RB is this year, but I heard he's very small.  If he's better than Spiller and Davis for Clemson then you're doing well. 

HOGSandDUCKS

Terrence Cody looks like the love child of The Nutty Professor and Whoopi Goldberg...

IronHog

Quote from: Teague on September 17, 2008, 07:07:15 pm
Sorry, didn't realize that I was supposed to just say, "yeah, do that.  it will work."  I figured I'd point out that it had been tried against Bama this year and didn't work.  That doesn't mean that NOTHING will work.  That doesn't mean we could beat USC. 

As far as RB's from arkansas, I don't even know who your RB is this year, but I heard he's very small.  If he's better than Spiller and Davis for Clemson then you're doing well. 

Spiller and Davis are creations of ESPN.

We normally have the best backs in the SEC (if healthy)

Countrybdp

Quote from: IronHog on September 17, 2008, 08:09:57 pm
Spiller and Davis are creations of ESPN.

We normally have the best backs in the SEC (if healthy)

Truly hilarious.  that's right, those two aren't good at all.  All media.  Them being held to ZERO rushing yards was simply ESPN propaganda.  And low and behold, Arkansas normally has the best backs in the SEC?!?!?!?!  Normally since when?  You do realize college football goes back further than just a hand full of seasons don't you?  I can't wait until our teams meet this Saturday, I hope we put up 80 on you and throw a hail mary in the final seconds.  Teague has at least tried to be cordial while on your site and y'all give him grief, putting words in his mouth.  I simply hope that y'all leave the game wondering what y'all should do for the rest of the season instead of follow Arkansas football. 

hawgsav1

I don't think Bama won the game against Clemson cuz they shut down Spiller and Davis.  They dominated the Tigers at the point of attack, namely the NT position.  If you watched the game, the Bammers were in Clemson's backfield the whole game.  That's what kept Clemson off track.  For us, we're going to have to ensure line control on offense and not let their D-line get past our guys.  I'm assuming we'll double down on Cody, but our RB's will have to be effective at seeing which side the blitz is coming from so they can pick it up, and Casey Dick will have to be able to release the ball quickly.  If he gets hit a few too many times, he may get happy feet and start running out of the pocket and revert to his old habits.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgsav1

Quote from: Countrybdp on September 17, 2008, 08:27:39 pm
Truly hilarious.  that's right, those two aren't good at all.  All media.  Them being held to ZERO rushing yards was simply ESPN propaganda.  And low and behold, Arkansas normally has the best backs in the SEC?!?!?!?!  Normally since when?  You do realize college football goes back further than just a hand full of seasons don't you?  I can't wait until our teams meet this Saturday, I hope we put up 80 on you and throw a hail mary in the final seconds.  Teague has at least tried to be cordial while on your site and y'all give him grief, putting words in his mouth.  I simply hope that y'all leave the game wondering what y'all should do for the rest of the season instead of follow Arkansas football. 

You weren't hoping to hang 80 on us?  Awww, that's so sweet.  I always hope to hang 80 on everyone we play :D
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb