Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt vs. Vanderbilt: Saturday's "other" SEC game

Started by mathhog, September 16, 2008, 12:23:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this titanic struggle of the usual SECEast&West doormats?

Vandy.  'Dores move to 4-0... two away from a BOWL...
243 (83.5%)
Ole Miss.  Nutt's Rebs get first SEC win since 2006...
48 (16.5%)

Total Members Voted: 268

chiefsfan

Quote from: hoghearted on September 16, 2008, 05:31:44 pm
Who are the 16 huggers that voted for Ole Missus?

While I voted for Vandy, its a tough decision.   Jevan Sneed will win some games for them that Hootie tries to lose
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

DeltaBoy

September 17, 2008, 01:04:01 pm #52 Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 01:07:39 pm by DeltaBoy
GO VANDY!!!!! :razorback:

BEAT THE DORK!

Hey someone send Donna a new phone and a charger so she can text Hootie.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

mathhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 17, 2008, 01:04:01 pm
GO VANDY!!!!! :razorback:

BEAT THE DORK!

Hey someone send Donna a new phone and a charger so she can text Hootie.

vandy wins imo

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on September 17, 2008, 01:07:51 pm
I unbiasly think Vandy will win this game.

yep!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogswillwin on September 17, 2008, 09:54:30 am
Ole Miss by 14.

Nope, take Vandy and the points but Vandy will win this game outright by 3.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogforlife

This is an Arkansas fan site, if you guys want to talk about Mississippi or Vanderbilt go to there sites.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogforlife on September 20, 2008, 09:50:37 am
This is an Arkansas fan site, if you guys want to talk about Mississippi or Vanderbilt go to there sites.

It's football, its' the SEC, don't dictate and lighten up, Francis.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogforlife

September 20, 2008, 09:54:07 am #58 Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:58:11 am by Hogforlife
Well everybody wanted the Nuttster gone, now most want to still talk about him.     Were are all the other games being talked about in the SEC not on here that I can see.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogforlife on September 20, 2008, 09:54:07 am
Well everybody wanted the Nuttster gone, now most want to still talk about him.     Were are all the other games being talked about in the SEC not on here that I can see.

Check my thread for this weeks picks. I always have ALL the SEC games. We are a part of it, It is something quite natural to discuss. We don't start threads on other SEC teams every day...we concentrate on Arkansas, but we are a part of the SEC. We will occasionally discuss other teams.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawg Barry

Quote from: Hogforlife on September 20, 2008, 09:50:37 am

Guess we can't talk about the NFL either. Or how Felix or DMac are doing since they are no longer at UofA.
Geez.

Go Vandy, Kick HDN's sorry a##.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

BigDeal

Ole Miss by at least 2 touchdowns. Keep in mind a top 20 team had to resort to last minute trickery and a prayer to beat Ole Miss at home a couple of weeks ago. This team is hungry for their first SEC win in two years. It will happen today.

I thank you.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Barry on September 20, 2008, 10:02:11 am

Guess we can't talk about the NFL either. Or how Felix or DMac are doing since they are no longer at UofA.
Geez.

Go Vandy, Kick HDN's sorry a##.

Double Amen's
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BigDeal on September 20, 2008, 10:05:41 am
Ole Miss by at least 2 touchdowns. Keep in mind a top 20 team had to resort to last minute trickery and a prayer to beat Ole Miss at home a couple of weeks ago. This team is hungry for their first SEC win in two years. It will happen today.

I thank you.

Awww geez, and I was having a good day until the "Nutt Apologist" showed up. YOUR BOY goes down today.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogforlife

Muskogee, that's great and I know we can talk about all the SEC teams. But my beef is with all the NUTT threads. Don't you know that the OLE MISS fans come to this site and get enjoyment that we still talk about him on a daily basis.

Albert Einswine

Go Vandy!  I've got a nice little thought prepared that I will post once Vandy seals the deal.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogforlife on September 20, 2008, 10:08:04 am
Muskogee, that's great and I know we can talk about all the SEC teams. But my beef is with all the NUTT threads. Don't you know that the OLE MISS fans come to this site and get enjoyment that we still talk about him on a daily basis.

Yeah, but until we beat Ole Miss and that Nutt-Bag, the healing won't begin. Got to get past that first, then I think you will hear a lot less about Nutt on here. He left us with a lot of baggage and a lot of open wounds. Until we give him a good beat down, the cleansing won't happen.
Go Hogs Go!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hogforlife on September 20, 2008, 10:08:04 am

They won't get enjoyment out of anything relating to Nutt for very long.  Once they realize they've been duped (and it won't take them very long) their boards will look just like our boards.

Only the decor will be different.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BigDeal

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 20, 2008, 10:22:49 am
Yeah, but until we beat Ole Miss and that Nutt-Bag, the healing won't begin. Got to get past that first, then I think you will hear a lot less about Nutt on here. He left us with a lot of baggage and a lot of open wounds. Until we give him a good beat down, the cleansing won't happen.

The healing is within. You must learn to forgive him for any perceived wrongdoings he has done to you, which I doubt he has personally wronged you.
This Arkansas football has some rebuilding to do. Yes, we know that. But is the football program in better shape than it was before the 1998 season. Absolutely ! . Be patient and the hogs will start to climb back uphill in a couple of years or so.

I thank you.

There are 2 or 3 SEC games this weekend that probably mean more to Arkansas than OM and Vandy.  We are about to find out about the haves and have nots in the league.  OM and Vandy are about = in this game considering OM is at home with better overall players, trying to learn a new system and have a very poor coach.  Bobby Johnson is a pretty good coach who could probably take the top 4 SEC schools and win as many games with them as their current coaches can.  His team will play near their very best and he will do a good job coaching.  Snead should have a field day in the air if Nutt's calls are overridden often enough and if Houston doesn't make more stupid in game calls than Snead and the other players can overcome.  Point is OM should win, but not cover ATS.  With the least of luck and with Nutt's ego afire, Vandy wins outright.

Hogforlife

I do not believe we are better off in the football program now than in 1997.  The 97 team could beat this team.  Folks forget that many of the wins Nutt had in conference came against good teams that were suffering injuries when we played them.  I know that is just the averages and everyone has injuries but often we beat a top 25 team that on that day wasn't a top 40 team.  And we lost some too. Remember when Bama came here without thier starting RB and QB, we made Brodie Croyle look all american in his first start and we lost.  Nutt throwed the safety under the bus on that loss.  True, we beat TN a few times but usually when they were badly hurt.  Nutt did very little good for Arkansas in the overall picture of the program. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: 12247 on September 20, 2008, 10:42:19 am
  True, we beat TN a few times 

Considering that one definition of the word "few" is "being more than one but indefinitely small in number" and the fact that the word "couple" denotes "two" or a "pair",  you are giving Nutt too much credit against Tennessee.  In fact, we only beat Tennessee twice during MOTHO's reign of error.

SquirrelMasterFunk

user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

mathhog

crazy game so far

ole miss up 3-0, then vandy fumbles, ole miss returns for a td
ole miss up 10-0

then vandy intercepts, runs back for a td
ole miss up 10-7

THEN ole miss immediately returns the next kickoff 98 yards for another td
ole miss up 17-7

vandy turns around scores a passing td after quick drive
ole miss 17, vandy 14

....and did i mention this was all in the first quarter???

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?