Petrino unleashes the Hogs:

Hogs: 38
Bama 17

ATLHog

phadedhawg

Razor_back

Go Hogs

Sus scrofa

With great sadness, I predict 31-10 Alabama. 
Kingdom:   Animalia
Phylum:   Chordata
Class:   Mammalia
Order:   Artiodactyla
Family:   Suidae
Genus:   Sus
Species:   scrofa

Joebob

cardinalandwhite

I predict a high scoring affair, something in the 30's, maybe 40's, with the hogs winning by less than a score.  I'll go with 38-34 Arkansas.  The thing about this game that frightens me is that both teams have shown the propensity to play (even if only for a quarter) very well or very poorly.  Remember, both teams are very young, and will both be up and down this season.  That said, I believe that with the longer week, the return of experience at linebacker, the extra work our running backs will be able to get in, and the time spent with special teams pay off.  Look for the hogs to win this game, garner high expectations, ride the momentum for a game or two, then revert to playing like freshmen again.  Optimism and pessimism all in one post, but that's how I see it.
Go Hogs! :razorback:
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Cash267

Hogs 17-Bama 16

Come down to last second "redemption" FG by Tejada

DarkHelmet

Quote from: rockbama on September 15, 2008, 04:26:22 am

Yes, useless as in hogville context. I suppose I can be a bit more "useful" and go into the reason why, again, we will win.

Our defense is fast and PHYSICAL. There is that word again and there are a bunch of young guys on it that will only get better. Might be a bit scary in few years wouldnt ya say?

I dont think your defense can stop us from running the ball the entire game and Wilson, as schitzo as he is, has career games vs the hogs.

Any other worthless "drivel" you want me to elaborate on?

bleh youre such a typical alabama fan.  you still think your university is among the SEC elite.  let me tell you its not.  you are middle of the pack in the SEC west, where you will probably stay.  LSU, auburn, florida, and georgia year in and year out field better teams than bama and will continue to.  you will beat us on saturday but not by 4-5 touchdowns and that means very little considering what HDN left us with.  in 3-4 years arkansas and bama will be equivalent programs again, challenging for the SEC periodically.  just please relax with the god attitude.. bamas glory days are over, much like nebraska.  youre a has been, try to accept it, kthxbye.

astate

ballhogger14u

28-24 bama, hope im wrong and we win though

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 14, 2008, 02:05:41 pm
I've been here a while as several posters have mentioned.  I've always made it a point to be objective - If I really believed your Hogs to be better than my Tide (as I did in '03, '04, and '06), I wouldn't be afraid to tell you.  You can bet I'll be pulling like hell for Arkansas to upset Texass in two weeks.

I just legitimately believe that we're the superior team this year.  No harm no foul.
That is still not the point...the point is your rated 6 freakin stars and labeled a hogvillian...on an arkansas razorback website im not trying to b a dick here i just dont see how that happens. nothing against you bama prob. will win but for me im cheering the whole game for my team the razorbacks and if that cant get you more stars on a razorback website than i dont know what will....lol! i like your insights so please dont get mad...i just believe if it were my website to manage i would have no prob with other fans on here but they wouldnt be able to ranked so high giving the illusion they were big time hog fans!!!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hogfan3

Optimistically,
Ark 31, (c'mon Tejada)
Bama 28, (c'mon defense)

traffordhog

Ark:  21
Bama: 20
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pig
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hoghearted

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on September 15, 2008, 06:31:49 pm
That is still not the point...the point is your rated 6 freakin stars and labeled a hogvillian...on an arkansas razorback website im not trying to b a dick here i just dont see how that happens. nothing against you bama prob. will win but for me im cheering the whole game for my team the razorbacks and if that cant get you more stars on a razorback website than i dont know what will....lol! i like your insights so please dont get mad...i just believe if it were my website to manage i would have no prob with other fans on here but they wouldnt be able to ranked so high giving the illusion they were big time hog fans!!!

Aren't stars given for the number of posts, and not for some kind of glory title?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

rzrbacknTX

Break & Run

tophogwatcher doesn't know what he's talking about.  Yes, stars are given my the amount of posts you post.  WinCrimson is a great person and is the exact opposite of 99.99% of all other 'bama fans.  So, with that said, shut up tophogwatcher, you're becoming very annoying, much like all these other god-acting 'bama fans (not wincrimson) :razorback:
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

swhogpen

Eatthebacon

Lard

Alabama has a better football team in terms of talent......their coaching is at level equal to ours.  The only advantage we have is that we are playing at home and they are bringing alot of young players for their first SEC road game.  However, to offset that somewhat, the game starts at 11:30....which generally takes the crowd out of the game.  We must start off hot for three reasons:

1) To engage the crowd early
2) Build confidence in our young players
3) Rattle their young players.

If we can do this I think we will win the ball game 24-21. 

If we come out flat and struggle as we have in the first half of the past two games we will lose 38-28 with 21 of our 28 points coming in the second half.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

Lard

If we can just get it to where we continually put the game in Tiffin's feet then we have a chance.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

TLFHAWG

rcopela

Huds_HawgTide

i know it goes by posts geek...but if you have a democrat website for people to talk about politics are you as  a host gonna let a republican come on and talk politics on your website...then reward them for there insights! Doubtful mind your own business please i told him not to get mad and it was how i felt.
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

O'Squeal

Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: rockbama on September 15, 2008, 03:59:25 am

Thank you einstien for your astounding sense of perception. You won't get ten because by the time you get close to scoring a td, it will be in the fourth qtr as usual for you guys this year and your o line will be so tired and whipped that ol bobby messiah will call a trick play and our defense will destroy it thus forcing a turnover.

By the way it was 31-12 in 02, keep up the good work Sherlock.

You're welcome.
See im very sorry wincrimson for taking so much time out on you to prove a point when it was this paumpas jacka$$ i should of been taking my frustrations out on...oh and band geek sorry to piss you off for someone who was very opinionated about what i had to say we really think alot alike i picked ark to win 31-28 in 2OT
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: postalpig on September 15, 2008, 04:48:11 am
    Opinions are like @ssh*les, everyone has one. Your are entitled to yours. As well, I am also. I never got on here spouting off about the Razorbacks running over or much less beating Bama. As stated above, I picked Bama 41 - 28.
     What you seem to forget is, this is an Arkansas Razorbacks fan website. So most people will predict a victory over Bama or an optimism about our teams chances. I wouldn't expect anything less. So understand, by coming to this board, most of us have a differing opinion than you. So back to my first statement. Opinions are like @ssh*les, everyone has one. If you don't like ours move on to your own website. Otherwise, shut up! I am sure I speak for a majority when I say this, no one, cares what your opinion is.
I like the way you think! plus one for the wise one....opinions are like as$hole$;everyone has one and they all stink!!!!!!!!!
tommy boy