Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama @ Arkansas predictions

Started by wincrimson, September 14, 2008, 12:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

Granny fan

DarkHelmet

some of you guys picking arkansas by a wide margin?  jeez...

bama 24
ark    13

Hog0707

Quote from: 1LoudTideFan on September 14, 2008, 10:33:54 pm
Bama 38
Hogs 17

Bama 17
Hogs 21...thanks Lee Tiffin.  It's great to have you on our team. 

Don't you turds have your own board?
Hey, we beat ULM...didn't they whip ya'lls ace last year?  Hahahaha.  Awesome.

jcam61

September 14, 2008, 10:42:59 pm #105 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:00:05 pm by jcam61
I really hate to say I think Bama will kill us....   We've shown nothing to indicate otherwise...   We barely beat a I-AA team... 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: hendrix08hog on September 14, 2008, 02:10:00 pm
Ugh...but here goes.

Bama 42
Hogs 28

I was going to say that too, so I guess I'll say Bama 42, Hogs 27.  :(

HawgAlude

27 to 14 Hawgs -- 2 weeks of Petrino prep and we will be ready. Bama is not impossible. I think we win this one...

31to6

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 14, 2008, 12:14:54 pm
Who do you have?

I'll say Alabama 27-13.  A rebuilding year for the Hogs as we all know...

If you only score 27 you won't win by 14. Based on improved execution (and yes, taking into consideration a good defense) I think we will score at least 20 points.

My heart says 31-30 Arkansas.
My brain says 35-24 'bama.

The game is winnable if we create +2 turnovers. That presumes much better pressure from our D-line and a couple breaks going our way.

In the absence of turnovers I don't see us getting many defensive stops. And while I know we will produce on offense, we will be facing a real defense for the first time and things that we go away with the last two games (near misses on INT, etc) we will probably pay for.

Hog0707

Quote from: jcam61 on September 14, 2008, 10:42:59 pm
I really hate to say I think Bama will kill us....   We've shown nothing to indicate otherwise...   We barely beat a I-AA team...   please people be realistic

Kill us?  Umm, I don't think we're going to get killed at home.  Killed?  Seriously guys?  I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by a touchdown...or by 10...but I really don't think Petrino's going to be that far apart when the dust settles. 

Nobody likes giving any credit to these conferences that USED to be terrible...where do you think all those kids who can't make grades go?  What about the ones that are overlooked...or have "off the field" issues.  T.O. went to Tenn Chat, for Obama's sake.  Walter Payton?  Jackson State.  Heard of Jason Taylor?  Before dancing with the stars...and pro bowl seasons, he went to...Akron.  The issue with those teams is almost ALWAYS depth.  When they're fresh and psyched in the beginning of the season, they tend to play better against non-conference foes...App St. is a perfect example, despite the fact that they're AWESOME in their league.  Parity...like it or not, the lower conferences are giving bigger boys fits...look at the non BSC BYU.  Wow.  Explain that one.  Did they hang 60 on UCLA after the Bruins beat Tennessee?  They didn't even score.  At all.   

clew

Pure as the dawn

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

GuvHog

September 14, 2008, 11:41:41 pm #112 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:44:30 pm by GUVHOG
Hogs - 31, Alabama - 28
Burton, Davis, and Forte, are back to slow down the Tide running game.....
The old Tejada is back and splits the uprights with no time remaining.....
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Golfer

Quote from: Hog0707 on September 14, 2008, 11:04:33 pm
Kill us?  Umm, I don't think we're going to get killed at home.  Killed?  Seriously guys?  I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by a touchdown...or by 10...but I really don't think Petrino's going to be that far apart when the dust settles. 

Nobody likes giving any credit to these conferences that USED to be terrible...where do you think all those kids who can't make grades go?  What about the ones that are overlooked...or have "off the field" issues.  T.O. went to Tenn Chat, for Obama's sake.  Walter Payton?  Jackson State.  Heard of Jason Taylor?  Before dancing with the stars...and pro bowl seasons, he went to...Akron.  The issue with those teams is almost ALWAYS depth.  When they're fresh and psyched in the beginning of the season, they tend to play better against non-conference foes...App St. is a perfect example, despite the fact that they're AWESOME in their league.  Parity...like it or not, the lower conferences are giving bigger boys fits...look at the non BSC BYU.  Wow.  Explain that one.  Did they hang 60 on UCLA after the Bruins beat Tennessee?  They didn't even score.  At all.  

Do you realize that North Dakota State (or some such no name) killed Western Illinois yesterday?

Hog0707

Quote from: Golfer on September 14, 2008, 11:55:12 pm
Do you realize that North Dakota State (or some such no name) killed Western Illinois yesterday?

By three points in 4 OVERTIMES.  Killed?  Did you look at the score?  I know you didn't watch the game.  Hell, the box score would have told the story on that one.  Who isn't guilty of playing to their opponent?  Besides, it perfectly illustrates my post regarding "parity".  Increasingly, as talent becomes less centralized, games get tighter.  It matters less and less if there is a direction preceding the name of the school.  Come original. 

Golfer

September 15, 2008, 12:16:33 am #115 Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:20:28 am by Golfer
Quote from: Hog0707 on September 14, 2008, 11:59:18 pm
By three points in 4 OVERTIMES.  Killed?  Did you look at the score?  I know you didn't watch the game.  Hell, the box score would have told the story on that one.  Who isn't guilty of playing to their opponent?  Besides, it perfectly illustrates my post regarding "parity".  Increasingly, as talent becomes less centralized, games get tighter.  It matters less and less if there is a direction preceding the name of the school.  Come original. 

I was wrong on the "Killing" part but so were you wrong about the four over times. I just read the game summary and there was no overtime.  They were down big at the half but did make a big comeback.  Went for two and failed, but there was a penalty and they got a second chance but it failed.  They were ranked 15th in their division going into the game, but they are now 1-2 for the season.  So both of us were incorrect about the game, but it doesn't matter. 

Hog0707

Quote from: Golfer on September 15, 2008, 12:16:33 am
I was wrong on the "Killing" part but so were you wrong about the four over times. I just read the game summary and there was no overtime.  They were down big at the half but did make a big comeback.  Went for two and failed, but there was a penalty and they got a second chance but it failed.  They were ranked 13th in their division going into the game, but they are now 1-2 for the season.  So both of us were incorrect about the game, but it doesn't matter.  They still got beat by an unranked team.

I got you...I actually was looking at the box score from last year.  I'm a dumb*ss.  I was being trite, I suppose.  Sorry bro.  But my point was, teams play to opponents all the time.  Teams also look good one week, and awful the next, especially in the SEC.  UCLA beat Tennessee and lost to BYU by a thousand.  Maryland lost to Middle Tennessee, then beat Cal.  I mean seriously, you can't use one game as a barometer for the next, even though that's exactly how we decide who's good.  It's flawed...plus when you have a new coaching staff with more freshman than FANS...you can't expect to look good against anyone.  Any given Sunday has become any given Saturday, fo sho.

postalpig

Bama 41 ,Hogs 28     I hope I'm wrong.

Uncle_dad

gimpyrzbk

23 22 arkansas tiffin wins the game for arkansas again as he did in 2006

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hog0707 on September 14, 2008, 11:59:18 pm

It wasn't close till late, when WIU staged a great comeback.  I'd feel better had they won.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

razerbacker

Break & Run

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on September 14, 2008, 12:42:40 pm
its not that i dont mind people from bama...my family is from bama and loves the tide....my points is this its ok to come on here and talk sports in the sec with another sec school without stepping on peoples toes...but if he has posted enough to be considered a hogvillian, than i think he should learn to keep it shut during ark vs. bama game week on hogville. just this one week he should be posting on bama sites so he doesnt piss off people where he doesnt belong...if we want to get rah-rah for the bama game than this is a great place for hog fans to do that...hence the name hogville!

tophogwatcher, wincrimson is a great person and is a long time member.  If you dont understand that, maybe you should just leave it alone and stfu...gosh.

o well...

Ark- 28
Bama-27 in 2x overtime with Tiffen missing ANOTHER extra point to lose to Arkansas.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HawgWild7

The Hogs have to force turnovers, finish off drives, and not make bone-headed plays on special teams to have a chance. With the extra time to prepare, the Hogs come in pretty sharp, but Tide is too much for Hogs this year unfortunately. Next year and forever after....DIFFERENT STORY.

Bama 31
Hogs 27
Mrcoolhog55 is my hero.

rockbama

I am puzzled by how many of you think you are going to put 30 or 40 on us. I havent been this confident in Bama playing bama football in awhile.

Our defense hasnt allowed a damn thing all year except one td....let me say that again, one td and a couple of fg's.

Bama 38 Arkie 6, 2002 all over again.

postalpig

Quote from: rockbama on September 15, 2008, 03:32:43 am
I am puzzled by how many of you think you are going to put 30 or 40 on us. I havent been this confident in Bama playing bama football in awhile.

Our defense hasnt allowed a damn thing all year except one td....let me say that again, one td and a couple of fg's.

Bama 38 Arkie 6, 2002 all over again.

I take it that by saying, "2002 all over again," you are referring to the score of the football game between Bama and Arkansas in 2002. The score in 2002 was 31 - 10, not 38 - 6.

rockbama

Quote from: postalpig on September 15, 2008, 03:50:33 am
I take it that by saying, "2002 all over again," you are referring to the score of the football game between Bama and Arkansas in 2002. The score in 2002 was 31 - 10, not 38 - 6.

Thank you einstien for your astounding sense of perception. You won't get ten because by the time you get close to scoring a td, it will be in the fourth qtr as usual for you guys this year and your o line will be so tired and whipped that ol bobby messiah will call a trick play and our defense will destroy it thus forcing a turnover.

By the way it was 31-12 in 02, keep up the good work Sherlock.

You're welcome.

Brownie Tuggle

Uncle Nick want let BP get his 1st SEC win against him. 31 to 28 Bama. Bama O-line is gonna push Hogs D around!

Torqued pork

postalpig

Quote from: rockbama on September 15, 2008, 03:59:25 am

Thank you einstien for your astounding sense of perception. You won't get ten because by the time you get close to scoring a td, it will be in the fourth qtr as usual for you guys this year and your o line will be so tired and whipped that ol bobby messiah will call a trick play and our defense will destroy it thus forcing a turnover.

By the way it was 31-12 in 02, keep up the good work Sherlock.

You're welcome.

I stand corrected. I was taking my info from the Hogville website. You are correct on the score. By the way thanks for the Einstein comment, but you give me too much credit. I don't think I could have discovered the theory of relativity. As for Sherlock Holmes reference, once again sir, you are wrong. I'm not a fictional English detective. I am a real person posting responses to your useless drivel.

rockbama

Quote from: postalpig on September 15, 2008, 04:19:49 am
I stand corrected. I was taking my info from the Hogville website. You are correct on the score. By the way thanks for the Einstein comment, but you give me too much credit. I don't think I could have discovered the theory of relativity. As for Sherlock Holmes reference, once again sir, you are wrong. I'm not a fictional English detective. I am a real person posting responses to your useless drivel.

Yes, useless as in hogville context. I suppose I can be a bit more "useful" and go into the reason why, again, we will win.

Our defense is fast and PHYSICAL. There is that word again and there are a bunch of young guys on it that will only get better. Might be a bit scary in few years wouldnt ya say?

I dont think your defense can stop us from running the ball the entire game and Wilson, as schitzo as he is, has career games vs the hogs.

Any other worthless "drivel" you want me to elaborate on?

postalpig

Quote from: rockbama on September 15, 2008, 04:26:22 am

Yes, useless as in hogville context. I suppose I can be a bit more "useful" and go into the reason why, again, we will win.

Our defense is fast and PHYSICAL. There is that word again and there are a bunch of young guys on it that will only get better. Might be a bit scary in few years wouldnt ya say?

I dont think your defense can stop us from running the ball the entire game and Wilson, as schitzo as he is, has career games vs the hogs.

Any other worthless "drivel" you want me to elaborate on?

Opinions are like @ssh*les, everyone has one. Your are entitled to yours. As well, I am also. I never got on here spouting off about the Razorbacks running over or much less beating Bama. As stated above, I picked Bama 41 - 28.
     What you seem to forget is, this is an Arkansas Razorbacks fan website. So most people will predict a victory over Bama or an optimism about our teams chances. I wouldn't expect anything less. So understand, by coming to this board, most of us have a differing opinion than you. So back to my first statement. Opinions are like @ssh*les, everyone has one. If you don't like ours move on to your own website. Otherwise, shut up! I am sure I speak for a majority when I say this, no one, cares what your opinion is.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Brosshog

Simple Swineman

Axlehog

Arkansas 52
Alabama 3

I know what you're thinking--not likely!!!--but I think Leigh Tiffen suprises us and finally makes a FG. :) :)

Oliver

Alabama 31  Arkansas 21

The first in a string of 4 very painful games for the Hogs.  BUT, if these games make us a better team to where we knock off Ole Miss, South Carolina, etc. later in the year, then the losses will be worth it.

welchog

retired-rambler

If it comes down to the kicking game I'll have to go with Bama just because of our past 2 games.  Remember they were close because of our poor kicking game.

FATBACKHAWG

While there is not other team in the country that I hate more...I just don't see us stopping their running game....

Alabama 35
Arkansas 10

And I just threw up a little in my mouth from typing that.....Our future looks bright after this year..

Beaverfever

September 15, 2008, 09:03:23 am #143 Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:05:36 am by Beaverfever
31-7 Bama.  Our offense is going to have to play better this game to just get on the scoreboard.

HedgeDweller

We don't quite come all the way back this time...

Ala-damn-bama  35
Arkansas            28

They are a year ahead in their rebuilding process...

DeltaBoy

Hogs upset the Tide 24-21  Our FG kicker gets redemption!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

jj202020

Zen_Hog

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History