Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Dyer names top 3 on The SportsWire

Started by FusionSports, September 10, 2008, 06:48:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FusionSports

September 10, 2008, 06:48:30 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:45:05 pm by FusionSports
He announced the following top 3 on my show...he was a great interview and a very classy young man.  He knows his stuff and has a great future ahead of him.  He's also a Cowboys fan - because of T.O.

1. Arkansas
2. Alabama
3. Florida

guthhog

Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

FusionSports

HotlantaHog

Hogs are in good company. Hopefully he will make the right choice.

Jowls

I.D.I.C.

joshUARK

Okay, we just need to convince him to KEEP us at the top for about 18 more months

Zen_Hog

Alabama already has a 5* RB commited to them from the 09 class.

Florida looks to have Demps and Rainey for the future.

If he wants to play right away, he'll choose us.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on September 10, 2008, 06:58:42 pm
Alabama already has a 5* RB commited to them from the 09 class.

Florida looks to have Demps and Rainey for the future.

If he wants to play right away, he'll choose us.
we'll still have curtis though and he is gonna be gooood!

Razorvet

I thought it would look something like this.

1Arkansas
2University of Arkansas
3Arkansas Razorbacks

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 10, 2008, 07:09:29 pm
I would be surprised to see him commit out of the state.

So you are saying that AState is our main competition.   ;)
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jgphillips3

If you can trust what people say, he has built a very good relationship with our coaches and Arkansas is in the lead for him.  It is really a LONG way to his signing day, but it is nice to hear we have gone from nowhere to in the lead with him in a little over a year.

FusionSports

Michael seemed somewhat excited about naming his top three. 
I can't say for sure that he was.

But it came off that way to me.  But he did a great job on the air, knew his stuff, was very humble, but very intelligent and very entertaining. 

Hats off to him, we at The Hog SportsRadio wish him the best of luck!

DEVICEHIGH

We at Dolphin SoftSense wish him the best also.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

The_Iceman

So potentially we could get four 4-5* just out of out state. thats awesome.

Who are going to be the 4 and 5 stars in that class?  (Dyer, Johnson, DT from JC, but who else?)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Bogarto on September 10, 2008, 07:00:07 pm
Great to see LSU not on that list.

Yes, but the LSU posters will tell us that they have better RB's on their board, or that they don't need any RB's in the 2010 class, or something else, or all of the above.  Then, they'll tell us LSU wouldn't offer Dyer a "commitable" scholarship anyway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

FusionSports

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 11, 2008, 08:43:26 am
Yes, but the LSU posters will tell us that they have better RB's on their board, or that they don't need any RB's in the 2010 class, or something else, or all of the above.  Then, they'll tell us LSU wouldn't offer Dyer a "commitable" scholarship anyway.

I'd challenge LSU to find a better running back than Michael Dyer (in terms of potential anyway).

Rebel64

Quote from: FusionSports on September 11, 2008, 09:39:16 am
I'd challenge LSU to find a better running back than Michael Dyer (in terms of potential anyway).

They have one that should be his equal in Lache Seastrunk.  Only time will tell who is better and both are great. I know most on here will go with Dyer but LS plays against better comp each week.

FusionSports

Good points, but in terms of potential, the chance of anyone else putting up Michael Dyer like stats in their sophomore year in high school is slim to none.  Dyer is a rare, rare talent.  Obviously, he's not the greatest ever, he has a lot left to prove.  But as of right now, I'd take him in the next two years over any back LSU has.

Rebel64

Quote from: FusionSports on September 11, 2008, 10:50:18 am
Good points, but in terms of potential, the chance of anyone else putting up Michael Dyer like stats in their sophomore year in high school is slim to none.  Dyer is a rare, rare talent.  Obviously, he's not the greatest ever, he has a lot left to prove.  But as of right now, I'd take him in the next two years over any back LSU has.

He did have a great year and will be great like I said but there will always be a few around. D mac was the best of the best and unfortunatley for him he never even got to win a bowl game and if he stays with OR he will never make a playoff game either. My point is it will be easier for LSU to replace Dyer than for us to.  I thought in the begining of this Dyer was all LSU?  I wonder now why he even mentions AL and FL when it was LSU and AR.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Rebel64 on September 11, 2008, 10:45:23 am
They have one that should be his equal in Lache Seastrunk.  Only time will tell who is better and both are great. I know most on here will go with Dyer but LS plays against better comp each week.

Arkansas competition didn't hurt DMac and didn't hurt Cobbs. I understand the point you're making but it's not that great of a point.

thechamp

we looked to have good position early on Dyer, but a few months ago it became clear he was going to Ark. It's a shame we couldn't land him, but Dyer and Lache Seastrunk were 1a and 1b to most LSU fans. the staff has now put in all our resources into Lache and may even not sign Christine Michael to get him. you guys are getting a great back in Dyer who will give us fits, but as the above poster said, there are other fish in the sea we have our eyes on.

Tomhog™

Quote from: thechamp on September 11, 2008, 01:51:37 pm
we looked to have good position early on Dyer, but a few months ago it became clear he was going to Ark. It's a shame we couldn't land him, but Dyer and Lache Seastrunk were 1a and 1b to most LSU fans. the staff has now put in all our resources into Lache and may even not sign Christine Michael to get him. you guys are getting a great back in Dyer who will give us fits, but as the above poster said, there are other fish in the sea we have our eyes on.

Ya'll are getting Michael Ford.  He is tearing it up this year on the high school fields.

thechamp

yeah, MF is kinda under the radar b/c he got hurt last year. I think he and Dexter Pratt will be solid for us, but Dyer and LS though have superstar potential.

Rebel64

Quote from: LawnHog48 on September 11, 2008, 01:43:32 pm
Arkansas competition didn't hurt DMac and didn't hurt Cobbs. I understand the point you're making but it's not that great of a point.

Nor will it hurt MD my point was that LS ran for 1600 yards as a Soph in 5A in Texas might be like MD rushing for 2700 or what ever he rushed for here.  You can bet USC, FL and the other big boys know just as much about LS as they do MD.

The_Iceman

it still amazes me that the highlights we see of him are him in the 10th grade. At that age, he is a 5 star big time running back. If he continues to improve over the next two years, he could be at a Dmac level by the time he gets on campus.

newera

NO FREAKING WAY!!! what happened to LSU? i thought he was dead locked on going there... This kid is legit, most definitely the best high school player i have ever seen...and i went to school with DJ Williams and Joe Adams...He IS NOT overrated.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

NWAREDBUG

September 13, 2008, 12:24:29 am #32 Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:42:08 pm by NWAREDBUG
Mike had 42 carries for 306 yards and 2 TD's in a 13 -7 victory tonight. There was a D-1 coach in attendance to watch tonight.. Ole Miss. Coach Shibest

ballinhog

Man I really hope this guy is a hog..this is the type of recruit that brings rings to your program

joshUARK

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on September 13, 2008, 12:24:29 am
Mike had 32 carries for 306 yards and 2 TD's in a 13 -7 victory tonight. There was a D-1 coach in attendance to watch tonight.. Ole Miss. Coach Shebest
Dammmmmmmmmmmn.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: thechamp on September 11, 2008, 01:51:37 pm

You don't not sign the # 4 running back in the nation (C. Michael) just to get a kid the next year. (Seastrunk)
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

thechamp

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 13, 2008, 04:10:00 am
You don't not sign the # 4 running back in the nation (C. Michael) just to get a kid the next year. (Seastrunk)

watch us. we already have two big bruisers committted at RB like CM. it may not be smart, but our coaches are going all out for Lache.

tconey1

If MD has anything close to the numbers he had last year it will be amazing. The O-line is young and not near as big. The star QB got hurt and the 2nd string QB is playing. The Qb is doing a decent job but there is not much of a passing threat. MD will earn every yard he gets. He actually had 45 carries against Morrilton. He is amazing but I dont know if he can take that kind of a workout every week. He was getting up very slow in the 4th Q..

hog_fan

Why is Ole Miss dumb enough to try and get him? When they were at Arkansas he wasn't interested.

Huds_HawgTide

He will come to arkasas and turn the famous dm around...MD
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

mbgrulz

not if his retard coach keeps puttin a half hundred totes per game on him.

NWAREDBUG

Not what we want to do but with our starting QB out with injury and a very wet field in pouring rain it's what we had to do. Our coach isn't a retard but will do what it takes to win.