Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt to simplify offense

Started by Pecos Hog, September 09, 2008, 09:53:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Nutt to dumb down the Ole Miss offense?

I have every confidence he will be successful at that.

Reaganite

Quote from: Feralhog on September 09, 2008, 11:20:15 pm
Ole Killa strikes again.  The comments from rebel fans are priceless.  You gotta believe they're starting to get that sinking feeling in their stomachs that comes from starting to believe those hog fans were right.  In two years time, you'll be able to take posts from this board and transplant Rebel in place of Hogs, and never miss a beat. 

I peeked in on one reb message board and someone defending El Dorko said we had it all wrong, He's simplifying the "running game".  LMAO

The regular notion of what a Quarterback is, is now living on borrowed time in Oxford.  Nutt's going to get torched by passing teams over the next few years.  His marrige to the running game will not be able to bail him out when his QB hasn't had time to practice the forward pass.  Furthermore, Nutt has no McFadden, no Felix, no Hillis in the backfield.

Ole Miss fans should be very warry of what this article portends.  Snead did some clutch things and now Nutt wants to regress into a simplistic system...

WTH am I saying? 

Keep supporting your Dork Rebs.  The SEC thanks you!!

aaaactionvp

This just in, HDN just hired billy bob from the jackson boys and girls club to be his QB coach and his "eyes" on the ground.

LLPL

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 09, 2008, 09:53:47 pm
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS030103/809090346/1109

"We want to be a much better running team," Nutt said.

Let's see...  there's that one pass blocking scheme that worked so well at Arkansas,  dive right, dive left, smoke draw, and the WILD REBEL.    Snead may as well transfer now.   

Snead will end up challenging for every record Eli has at Ole Miss. Why are you so concerned for him anyway? He has looked good so far.

Reaganite

Rest assured Nutt is already planning how he's going to get rid of your OC, Austin, by the end of this season.

Are you ready for some Nuttbawl??

stronguard

Quote from: idochog on September 09, 2008, 10:14:39 pm
Nutt is enamored w/ 2 stats, neither of which leads to wins: Time of possession and rushing yardage.

I think Nutt saw the SEC standing in rushing where Ole Miss ranked 9th out of 12 in the SEC and decided he better fix that brotha

BAM, nailed it. 

41(?) passing attempts?  NuttyBuddy didn't call that many passes brotha.  Kent Austin has just been demoted to special assistant to the coach in charge of hander-offering.    .500 here they come.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

BAMF*tuba*MAC

Ole Piss = PE Class.

slogan for ole miss game:
    GO DICK!
  BUST NUTT!
........TUCK FEXAS........

dhornjr1

Quote from: elkhog on September 09, 2008, 09:59:56 pm
That didn't take long.  "Let's simplify the offense, so I can call the plays".   8)
Quote from: 870 RZR on September 09, 2008, 10:00:34 pm
So basically what he's saying is that he will be taking over play calling from his offensive coordinator......SHOCKING!!!

By saying what you guys are saying, you're insinuating that someone other than Nutt was actually calling the plays in the first two games.

C'mon guys, you know better than that.

dhornjr1

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on September 09, 2008, 10:26:13 pm
did you see the comments, its like they know somthing isnt adding up
but in houston they trust

i almost feel sorry for them

I don't feel sorry for Ole Miss fans. They watched this bozo piss away multiple opportunities while he was coaching in their division. They knew what they were getting. They just chose to have selective memories of him from his time at Arkansas.

And just because he's a slight upgrade over their previous neanderthal coach, they are so ecstatic that they are practically beside themselves with glee.

Taking all that into account, they deserve every moment of heartbreak he gives them. They just received the first of what will be many.

Hogsnort

Quote from: Reaganite on September 10, 2008, 12:10:34 am
Rest assured Nutt is already planning how he's going to get rid of your OC, Austin, by the end of this season.

Are you ready for some Nuttbawl??
I agree Reaganite. I can definitely sense a power struggle going on there and I just cannot bring myself to believe that Nutt was the primary source of all those passing plays. He's trying to take more control by actually trying to blame the loss on the passing game. He was simply outcoached in my opinion.
Nutt's coaching psyche is strange indeed and very rigid. He's "showing his hand" sooner than we ever expected.

Hogimus Prime

poor Snead.   kid's got some serious talent.   

MENARKHOG

Kent leaving could produce a serious backlash will the Ole Miss fans.  He is revered there like some revered Malzhan here.

Feralhog

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 10, 2008, 01:18:09 am
By saying what you guys are saying, you're insinuating that someone other than Nutt was actually calling the plays in the first two games.

C'mon guys, you know better than that.

Even though the Ole Miss fans are in denial, you can rest assured Austin isn't.  This ain't his first Rodeo.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

PositronHog

Screw Ole Piss, they think that TCTWF is their savior, they are going in the next few years get what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milton

I don't see how you can get simpler than running up the middle 3 times and punting, maybe the punting is too much for him to comprehind
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

pitbull1

Mr Mannining, yes sir, I'm still kissing your butt, I'll make the offense easier by running the ball more and all your sons passing records will still be safe........lol

beebefootballfan

Priceless!! Laughing Stock of the SEC under construction!!!
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Milton

Quote from: beebefootballfan on September 10, 2008, 07:23:19 am
Priceless!! Laughing Stock of the SEC under construction!!!
We can't really say anything this year, by the looks of it we might be the worst team this year
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

pigsooie_73

Quote from: LLPL on September 10, 2008, 12:08:28 am
Snead will end up challenging for every record Eli has at Ole Miss. Why are you so concerned for him anyway? He has looked good so far.

No, All of Eli's records will still be intact whenever Snead and Nutt are both gone.

opineonswine

Of course.  It happens every year with TCTWF....EVERY YEAR.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: blunt_hawg on September 09, 2008, 10:46:20 pm
This is one of the biggest differences between Petrino and Nutt...

When players don't execute in a game as well as they need too and Petrino is the coach, he works them in practice so they get better at what he wants them to do.  When players don't execute in a game as well as they need too and Nutt is the coach, he just eliminates it from the playbook so they don't get better.  You can't get better at what you don't practice. 

And this looks like his first attempt at throwing players under the bus.  He didn't take any of the blame for the loss.  He put it on the players not knowing what to do when they were on the field.  Both Petrino and Robinson were taking blame for our game Saturday afterwards, and that's after winning.  Have you ever seen another coach at a major college program making quotes like "uh, I think I got this guy"? 

Nutt would tell you sir....."practice???? practice???? We're talkin bout practice???? Not a game.....but practice"

So you're trying to tell us you get better in practice and improve!!!???? Hell that might work.....

Blue35

The Nutt Central High Bernie Cox offense is about as simple as you can get. Run up the middle and an occasional jump pass.

Jdub

Quote from: BAMF*tuba*MAC on September 10, 2008, 01:01:10 am
Ole Piss = PE Class.

slogan for ole miss game:
    GO DICK!
  BUST NUTT!

This made me bust a gut.  :)

CarolinaSwine

September 10, 2008, 08:36:07 am #73 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:38:17 am by CarolinaSwine
They didn't lose the game because of a complicated offensive scheme, they lost it because of the following:

-Penalties (late-game late hit OB, PI)
-Poor clock management
-Multiple special teams mistakes

Sound familiar?

I watched the Nutt show last night, and I couldn't help but get this gigantic smile on my face as they began to show the 4Q highlights.  It felt so good to NOT be the fan of that team.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HOGWILD_F4I

Post from another sucker Rebel fan:

"Magally, everyone knows that in major college football, you have to be able to run the ball. but now days you also have to be able to throw it. nutt is a good coach and knows this as well. i agree with him you have control the line of scrimmage no matter whether you are running the ball or throwing it. give him time. he will get the job done and we fans will be having more fun at the games than we have had in a long time."

farmhawg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :razorback:
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: Eggcellent on September 10, 2008, 08:11:04 am
This love of pouring on hate on Nuttjob needs to move to General Sports is an understatement.

I was and am so sick of Nutt, but some just won't let him go away.

+1
I am so sick of those idiots that don't want to hear about motho and yet they continue to read the posts about him. Did I miss something? DON'T read the thread!!!!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Feralhog

Quote from: kountry on September 10, 2008, 07:26:44 am
We can't really say anything this year, by the looks of it we might be the worst team this year
I don't think you could do a better job of missing the point if you tried.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Feralhog

Quote from: farmhawg on September 10, 2008, 09:00:28 am
I am so sick of those idiots that don't want to hear about motho and yet they continue to read the posts about him. Did I miss something? DON'T read the thread!!!!
I've been doing some house cleaning. 

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

MGCAPRI

What is truely sad though is Ole Miss actually has a very good passing QB and an all around solid team. But, right after the feild goal they showed The dork Hootie biting his nails. I knew right then he would close up in his shell and go back to being so freaking tight in his offensive scheme. I actually feel sorry for the Ole mis fans and players now. Witht the talent level they have right now they could have been a very serious contender the next two years. They probably will still be competitive but they will not contend for much of anything at all now with the scared nail biting chicken they have of a coach.

fordhog

Did anyone else get a smite for commenting ?

fordhog

September 10, 2008, 09:25:40 am #83 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:30:26 am by fordhog
Thank U. HDN fans cant take any criticism. Smite me all you want, NANCY!!!!!!!!

Feralhog

September 10, 2008, 09:30:12 am #84 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:34:55 am by Feralhog
Quote from: fordhog on September 10, 2008, 09:25:40 am
Thank U. HDN fans cant take any criticism. Smite me all you want !!!!!!!!!!!

The actual purpose of +1 and smites was suppose to be a vote on the quality of post not some tact to give someone props just for agreeing or smites when someone disagrees with your position.  I seldom give props and almost never give a smite.  I personally quit paying attention a long time ago because I could care less if people agree with what I post.

wholehog92

When I'm having a bad day at work, I can depend on a smile knowing MOTHO is coaching reb.  Thanks for the reminder this morning!

Snead you better put your seatbelt on when boarding the bus, otherwise you might see MOTHO trying to drag you under the damn thing.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

fordhog

Quote from: Feralhog on September 10, 2008, 09:30:12 am
The actual purpose of smites was suppose to be a vote on the quality of post the member is making, not some tact to get to someone props just for agreeing or smites when someone disagrees with your position.  I seldom give props and almost never give a smite.  I personally quit paying attention a long time ago because I could care less if people like what I post.
Thanks for the information. I will use it.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: fordhog on September 10, 2008, 09:32:27 am
Thanks for the information. I will use it.

Wear your smites with pride.   They most often result from the weakmindedness of the smiter rather than the quality of your post.

The aforementioned rule does not apply to BigDeal.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

spudhog

Quote from: Pecos Hog on September 09, 2008, 09:53:47 pm
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS030103/809090346/1109

"We want to be a much better running team," Nutt said.

Let's see...  there's that one pass blocking scheme that worked so well at Arkansas,  dive right, dive left, smoke draw, and the WILD REBEL.    Snead may as well transfer now.   

In his defense, they only ran for 100 yards the other day. In order for them to be more successfull, they will need to be a bit more balanced. I did predict them to run the ball better. Decent backs, passing threat and a highly talked about o-line.

Now, simplifying the offense talk is a bit much. I do think just a simple mindset/execution change should do the trick.

fanofthehog

I watched their game at Wake this weekend, and Snead looks legit.  He has a very strong arm, good touch, and he made good decisions.  Of course, every route was either an out route, a comeback, or a bomb.  He is wasting his talent there.  His skills will only diminish under the QB Killa.

Tortfeasor

This is like deja vu, but the best part is he's at Ole Siss.

chiefsfan

It took 2 years for Nutt to abandon the Pass at Arkansas.    Its taken him 2 games at Ole Miss

Improvement
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Feralhog

September 10, 2008, 09:49:51 am #92 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:51:28 am by Feralhog
Quote from: fanofthehog on September 10, 2008, 09:38:43 am
I watched their game at Wake this weekend, and Snead looks legit.  He has a very strong arm, good touch, and he made good decisions.  Of course, every route was either an out route, a comeback, or a bomb.  He is wasting his talent there.  His skills will only diminish under the QB Killa.

Your exactly right!  Even though McCoy is one of the best pocket QB's I've seen, imo Snead is a better QB at this level.   Unfortunately for him, the number of passes in practice just dropped drastically and to make matters worse, prep time for the Wild Rebel just went.  What this means for Snead is, time spent both throwing and taking snaps in practice and games just dropped drastically.  Here's why.  Less practice on the passing game equates to poorer passing numbers in games, which equates to Nutt becoming even more scared to throw, which equates to spending less time again in practice.  The kid is caught in the middle of a vicious cycle. 

HoopS

Experts agree, Snead has the strongest arm in the country and the spread won't work in this conference. 

go hogues

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 09, 2008, 11:09:13 pm
I honestly almost feel sorry for Snead. (their QB)  He's the one who's really gonna be getting the short end of the stick. 
Why do you think the first person who called Snead after the Hootie coup was Mitch Mustain?  Mustain warned him at the time but it's not like Snead could transfer again.  He was stuck between a rock and a max protect.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

idochog

I think Hootie just hit the mute button on Kent Austins headset.  If not Hootie then Markuson.

Markuson just paged all available TE's to "how to become a 3rd OL class"
I love Jesus!

Pissed Pig

Hootie gonna win that time of possession battle isn't he.  Man, Snead looked okay to me, some of those were hail mary type plays.  I am beginning to wonder if that is what this is about. Audibles at the line.  Looks like he took the golden handcuffs with him, and is about to apply them to somebody, Austin or Snead.

FaytownHog

nutt simplifying the offense...AKA simplifying the opposing defensive coordinators job! I'm just glad it happend before the ark game. now all we have to do is assign about 10 guys to the running back and maybe, just maybe leave a guy back JUST INCASE the ball somehow makes it into the air. but what are the chances right?

Jack The BN

September 10, 2008, 10:15:42 am #98 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:50:21 pm by Jack The BN
You have to do that sometimes.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

FaytownHog

time of possesion battle/rushing yards battle = moral victory!
Quote from: Pissed Pig on September 10, 2008, 10:09:19 am
Hootie gonna win that time of possession battle isn't he.  Man, Snead looked okay to me, some of those were hail mary type plays.  I am beginning to wonder if that is what this is about. Audibles at the line.  Looks like he took the golden handcuffs with him, and is about to apply them to somebody, Austin or Snead.