Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OSU at USC [all posts on the game, announcers, DW, coaches, etc)

Started by jcmojica23, September 06, 2008, 10:45:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many catches will DW have tonight against Ohio St.

2-4
23 (21.1%)
5-7
53 (48.6%)
8-10
12 (11%)
10 or more
8 (7.3%)
0- he wants to stay on the sideline with Mitch.
13 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: September 14, 2008, 05:42:25 pm

Landonhog

Quote from: hei5manhog on September 11, 2008, 01:27:29 pm
Who ya got?? Why?

I'm pretty excited about this game which I know I'm probably the only one. As hilarious as it will probably be to watch OSU go down to a team with actual athletes AGAIN, I wonder if there's anything to this phreshman phenom QB Ohio State might break out a la Vince Young.  That's the only way I see USC being tripped up if they struggle against him in a similar fashion. But he's a freshman, and he's not Vince Young soooo I'm going with the Trojans by 14.   

Yep, you're the only one...  But, but, but, ESPN said it was the game of the season...  :puke:

SC Blowout. 

hei5manhog

p.s. any conspiracy theorists say that Beanie will actually play?? OSU playing the okie doke
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

jcmojica23

2 days till the game and Beanie Wells is no doubtful for the game....thoughts??

cbjagman

Quote from: WMHawgfan on September 06, 2008, 11:07:50 pm
yeah they(OSU) have figured out the key to the BCS. They finish earlier that everybody else, then move up the rankings when all the other top programs beat each the following weeks and in their conference championship games.
This year who is really able to challange the OSU? Not like the SEC where there are a half dozen teams (or more) every year fighting and drawing blood to have the honor of representing the league. No wonder there are really no "gimmes" in the conference anymore!

hei5manhog

I think OSU is building in an excuse by not playing Beanie.  It's smart because even if he plays OSU still loses, and they risk him for the rest of the year.  Which means they might not kick the crap out of the rest of the Little 10, and get their token national title slot.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Tripod1

Quote from: 89ALUM on September 06, 2008, 11:23:36 pm
Anybody on this board who roots for USC is just plain forgetting the ass-whoopin they put on us a few years back.   Pete Carroll ran up the score and I will NEVER forget it - I always root for whoever is playing USC, as long as that A-hole is coaching there.  I can't believe you guys would root for the favorite in this matchup.  Cmon, seriously. >:(
I certainly haven't forgotten the beating we took but Pete Carroll is not to blame for running up the score.  We had a defense out there, not his fault we sucked.  I only wish we were as talented as USC.

WarEagle

I'll be rooting for Ohio State (ewww, just threw up in my mouth a little bit), but I think the Trojans win fairly handily.  27-17, in a game that isn't quite as close as the final score will indicate.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

idochog

Quote from: MS Razorback on September 06, 2008, 10:47:17 pm
Hype? USC is going to beat the hell out of them.

That is what I am hoping for. 
I love Jesus!

hei5manhog

OSU's D is their only hope.  USC 30 OSU 10

hei5manhog

Quote from: MS Razorback on September 06, 2008, 10:47:17 pm
Hype? USC is going to beat the hell out of them.

haha beautiful take +1

jj202020

USC by as much as they want. 

Ohio St is the most over-rated program in the country----except for, maybe, Notre Dame.

HotlantaHog

hamsam

Quote from: buckeyehogfan on September 11, 2008, 01:43:15 pm
Buckeyes play the best when they are the underdog!   Senator Tressel pulls them together and the OSU defense leads the way!
you may need to check-in to a hospital....you are delusional!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

revolution

I can see it now . . . the Ohio State University gets the shat kicked out of them, but Beanie-boy is hurt and limited or doesn't play, so after they beat up on the Wimpy 10 ('scuse me, 11)  they get another shot at USC or the SEC Beast because now Beanie-boy's propeller isn't broken.  Don'tcha see the angle?  They get hung out to dry, but boy, if Beanie had not been fried, it would have been a different ballgame.

Everybody knows that everyone wants to see the Buckeyeds in the National Championship game again.

Sheesh!

Gus the head hog

I'm so sick of Ohio State I hope they get Arse RAPED!!!!!!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Hope Damian gets 3TDs and they win so badly that Mitch gets some PT!

Hogsnort

I'm pulling for the Buckeyes. I think that they'll surprise a lot of people and will be ready to play. I like the underdog this time around. I predict OSU by 3.

Buff

Buckeyes play the best when they are the underdog!   Senator Tressel pulls them together and the OSU defense leads the way!

Florida and LSU think youre an idiot

HOGGER1980

Only team I dislike more than USC, is  OH.State.
Score : USC 32 / O.STATE 28

Hogsnort

Quote from: Buffinator on September 11, 2008, 04:00:11 pm
Florida and LSU think youre an idiot
Don't you think that it would do more justice for Florida and LSU if the Buckeyes win? That's what I think and besides, I like a lot of their fans. Maybe that's why I'm leaning that way.

HighcountryHog

I see USC controlling this game from kickoff.  The win by 2 touchdowns.
no bumps, no fat chicks

TH98

Stanford also had no chance

89ALUM

I don't think anyone here has talked about OSU's defense.  Laurinitis is a first round lock to play on Sundays.  They probably have more future NFL players than anyone else in the Big 10.  Sanchez may have real difficulty getting much going.  OSU isn't going to roll over like Virginia did.  And I think that the two coaches are evenly matched in terms of play calling ability.  Its for sure that Tressel didn't show his hand against Ohio U.  I know he has some stuff that he will bring out on Saturday night.

Its regrettable that Wells probably won't play.  He was a preseason Heisman candidate and had a chance to dethrone Tebow.  For sure, Brandon Saine is a heck of a backup but he's a backup for a reason.  Pryor will have to play waaay over his head to move the ball against Maualuga and the Trojan D. 

When a game involves two non-SEC teams, either of which would absolutely destroy the Hogs this year, its hard for me to get as fired up about it.  But college football is wildly unpredictable, especially when you have a lot of 18 and 19 year olds on the field.  I would think everyone who is a cfb fan would be rooting for a close, competitive game.  I know I am.

I don't expect, or want, a blowout either way.  But to not only predict USC by 28 or more, but also hope for that outcome like most here, I just don't get.  Why the man-crush for Pete Carroll?  We don't earn brownie points for the Hogs if SC wins big, right?  Why the hate for OSU?  They haven't even played the Hogs, and I'm not sure we would even want that matchup.

If you're an SC fan, great.  I completely understand the love in that case. 
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

LAHOGG

September 11, 2008, 04:41:53 pm #73 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:43:47 pm by LAHOGG
I'm sick of the Beanie Wells talk.  I wish he was 100 percent healthy so the Buckeyes would have no excuses!  I'm sorry Buckeye fan if you think the Trojans are not going to be up for this game.  This is there toughest opponent this year and they know how important it is to not only win but look good doing it.  Their schedule could never matchup to the SEC schools so style points are needed.  And Pete knows this thats why he always runs up the score.

The deciding factor=BALANCE IN THE OFFENSE. 

OneLoneHogAmidstTheSteers

I think it would be frankin' awesome if it ended up being an ugly, boring 3 - 0 or 5 - 3 game. That way, we could finally quit hearing about these two damn teams ALL the time!

I'm calling it now!

USC - 6
OSU - 2

:P
Truth does not become error just because nobody believes it.
-Gandhi

We either make ourselves miserable or we
make ourselves strong.  The amount of work
is the same.

-don Juan Matus
as quoted by Carlos Castaneda

Blue35

Ohio State does not have the team speed to keep up with USC or any team in the SEC. They play those slow footed big ten teams and when they come up against a speed team they cannot adjust.

HatfieldHog

USC is gonna cause the Ohio State Fantasy Football Team great pain.

I was going to Wrigley Field the other day, and, while riding on the eL train, I was sitting next to an Ohio State Fan, I just couldn't resist, so I asked him, "which SEC team do you think is gonna beat Ohio State for the National Title this year?"  I just couldn't help myself.  He responded that at least they were in the final game of the season more than anyone else.

Ohio State is the Buffalo Bills of College Football.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Hogsnort

Quote from: OneLoneHogAmidstTheSteers on September 11, 2008, 06:13:04 pm
I think it would be frankin' awesome if it ended up being an ugly, boring 3 - 0 or 5 - 3 game. That way, we could finally quit hearing about these two damn teams ALL the time!

I'm calling it now!

USC - 6
OSU - 2

:P
Come on now......you don't really want it to be boring, do you? I'm actually looking forward to the game......and it could actually be a good one. I'm just no fan of USC and I kinda like OSU......don't really know why but for some reason, I just do.

Anyway, I've gotta give ya a +1 for the Carlos Castaneda quote!

razorbass

Have I ever told you how much I HATE OHIO ST.

1STAIN6

Anybody on this board who roots for USC is just plain forgetting the ass-whoopin they put on us a few years back.   Pete Carroll ran up the score and I will NEVER forget it - I always root for whoever is playing USC, as long as that A-hole is coaching there.  I can't believe you guys would root for the favorite in this matchup.  Cmon, seriously. >:(
I don't think he ran up the score, I think that our defense didn't do it's job. It's our defenses job to stop their offense, and clearly we didn't do that. That's how the game is played. They try to score, we try to stop. 

nuttfreein2008

keithh1999

come on -- how can you even think about rooting for this Over-Hyped bunch?? Ohio St is the most over-rated team in the top 10.

And why does everyone think Tressel is such a great coach in the Big 3/Little 8??
Pig Farmers are cool.

keithh1999

Hahahahaha!!! Ok, whatever you say
Pig Farmers are cool.

Hugulus Hog

Vince Young thinks USC is over-rated.

Ohio St has to win if they want to make it the bcs title game.

FHSHater

Mississippi leading the world in being just east of Arkansas.

Cure

I can't wait to see the reactions of OSU fans after this massacre  ;)

Yes, I'm a student, but despise the football team

USC 35 tOSU 17
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

jkstock04

I can't stand that sweater vest and tie that Tressel wears...I hope USC embarrasses them like they did us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogman

Ok, I know... I'll get some smites for this b/c theres a ton of USC hopefuls in here... I work with someone who used to be a sports broadcaster and is a HUGE Ohio State superfan. He is best friends with a sports trainer from Ohio St. I questioned him about last game and he said 2 things. He said the sports trainer told him Wells will definitely be playing this weekend, and up until late 3rd quarter, Ohio St. was down playing to conserve for USC last week.

Now, that being said, I still think USC is going to win, but its not going to be a HUGE blowout. I'll put my money on USC winning 31-28.

hogman

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 11, 2008, 10:35:40 pm
Vince Young thinks USC is over-rated.

Ohio St has to win if they want to make it the bcs title game.

And... no they don't :D You would like to think so, but last year a 2 loss team won the BCS. Ohio St. will almost certainly win out after this game.

Hornkiller

I think USC will destroy Ohio State this weekend.

However the men of Troy somewhere down the line will do their annual choke job against Oregon State or Cal (hopefully Zona this year) and end up with one of two loses. Oklahoma will probably get shocked by OSU or KSU again, the SEC champ will have two loses. And then there will be tOhio State....

Col.Mccoy

USC wins big boys! Believe I'll put a dime on it.
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union. - Lone Watie

tiber

Quote from: hogman on September 12, 2008, 08:13:18 am
Ok, I know... I'll get some smites for this b/c theres a ton of USC hopefuls in here... I work with someone who used to be a sports broadcaster and is a HUGE Ohio State superfan. He is best friends with a sports trainer from Ohio St. I questioned him about last game and he said 2 things. He said the sports trainer told him Wells will definitely be playing this weekend, and up until late 3rd quarter, Ohio St. was down playing to conserve for USC last week.

Now, that being said, I still think USC is going to win, but its not going to be a HUGE blowout. I'll put my money on USC winning 31-28.

I think the offshore sites are loving the Wells foot injury drama as it's pushing the public money further USC's way.  Sharp money will come in late for OSU, because it seems a given that Wells will play.  OSU definitely played down to their opponent last week. 
USC may win, but I feel a bit better about OSU covering... especially with the line trending up.

Silver Hog

Hope Mitch throws another touchdown!

havok

Quote from: swisshog on September 12, 2008, 11:35:44 am
Hope Mitch throws another touchdown!

I noticed this morning on the Morning Buzz...  Tommy "Nutt's Groupie" Smith took a shot at Mitch...saying.. and Mitch will Still be on the bench..  Guess if he crawled out of Houston's rectom for a few minutes, he might find out Mitch did throw a TD pass in their last game.   But hey who needs facts, when you have the mindless zombie following of the infamous "Central High Bust" el-dorko.

Silver Hog

I see that DW is their top receiver.  I hate you hootie!

buckeyehogfan

Yes..  I am a hog fan but it so funny to to see all of you Razorback fans take swipes at successful programs..  yes my Buckeyes faltered the last 2 years in the NC game..  but isn't more exciting to be talking about your team winning and having a chance for a NC rather than what if's..  what if Mitch Mustain and Damien Williams were here..  you all are hilarious..  you don't have that with the USC's, Flordia's and Ohio State programs..  they expect to be there every year..  not once in a blue moon when some overhyped kid decides to sign on.

Keep on being negative..  and I assure you..  the program that you all love will be half arse..  and get that Citrus Bowl invite every 4 years.

razorbackred

Quote from: buckeyehogfan on September 12, 2008, 02:30:26 pm
Yes..  I am a hog fan but it so funny to to see all of you Razorback fans take swipes at successful programs..  yes my Buckeyes faltered the last 2 years in the NC game..  but isn't more exciting to be talking about your team winning and having a chance for a NC rather than what if's..  what if Mitch Mustain and Damien Williams were here..  you all are hilarious..  you don't have that with the USC's, Flordia's and Ohio State programs..  they expect to be there every year..  not once in a blue moon when some overhyped kid decides to sign on.

Keep on being negative..  and I assure you..  the program that you all love will be half arse..  and get that Citrus Bowl invite every 4 years.

Please don't lump Ohio St. in with USC and FL.  Those programs have actually won a NC recently!

buckeyehogfan

So keep OSU off this board..  Mr. 1960's

Razorback Jedi

There's a USC-OSU game? Never knew it.

tiber

Quote from: razorbackred on September 12, 2008, 02:35:08 pm
Please don't lump Ohio St. in with USC and FL.  Those programs have actually won a NC recently!

Umm, OSU won the NC in 2002.  But some of you might not think of that as 'recent'.