Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OM vs. Wake thread [keep it all here]

Started by Dirty, September 06, 2008, 02:41:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBox

I actually enjoyed the game.  Mixed emotions and found myself cheering for both teams at times.

Oliverhogman

I enjoyed the game also.
ESPECIALLY the last 45 seconds.

TOM "tbw1"

cuticle sandwich

so glad to see the last ten years happen to someone else
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

SLC

I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Fence Jockey

It this deja-vu? I see Arkansas a decade ago. He comes in, takes over someone elses players, runs their offence for the most part because it sure it not his right now, looks pretty fair & it's all downhill from there the more he gets involved. Nutt sack will have the best season he will have at Old Piss this year just like he did at Arkansas & like I said, the more he infects the system the lower they will sink!

It's Hog time now!

burt

nutt loses again to a ranked opponent. seems like a pattern.

Silver Hog

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

Hogz87

September 06, 2008, 06:40:55 pm #758 Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:49:37 pm by Hogz87
Quote from: Ol josh on September 06, 2008, 04:39:39 pm
Ok, thanks for stopping by. Time for your apple martini, a long bubble bath, and a duche, ay? You go girl!

Two hours later...

I've never had an apple martini.  I'm a beer guy, Shiner Bock or Bud Lite preferably.  I haven't taken a bubble bath since I was a little kid.  But good try.  If you go back, I never once defended Nutt in regards to his abilities as a football coach.  I even stated several times I was glad he was gone because I didn't think he was a good coach.  Not quite sure how that makes me a Hugger but to each his own.  I, like many of you, was ready for him to leave or be fired after the first few years during his regime at Arkansas.

With that said.  Ole Miss lost this one in the same fashion the Hogs lost so many games under HDN.  Looks like Nutt still has it.  I was never trying to out right stick up for Nutt.  I don't guess Grobe could cut it as a coach in the SEC though.  This game was on upset alert when the schedules were released.  I don't even know if you could have called it an upset had Ole Miss won.  They have quite a bit of talent.  The difference in this game, like so many times when Nutt was the HC at Arkansas, was the coaching.

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

scarolinahog

You can bet your ass he will lose next week to he always does. Nutt sucks
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

deltahogfan

Classic Hooten. Play not to lose and lose. But I won't gloat. Yes I will. Too bad Hooty!  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
Those who get there first with the most.

jgphillips3

First SEC team I have ever pulled against in football against a non-conference opponent.  That loss couldn't have happened to a more deserving coach though.  Good start to the evening.

HognotinMemphis

Told y'all way back on page 10 or 11 the Nutt-led Rebels would lose. Made it close but Nutt did what I thought he'd do and found a way to lose...defense let's him down at end of game every time. See Auburn game last year for great example.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogman64

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 06, 2008, 07:44:37 pm
Told y'all way back on page 10 or 11 the Nutt-led Rebels would lose. Made it close but Nutt did what I thought he'd do and found a way to lose...defense let's him down at end of game every time. See Auburn game last year for great example.

but he was so close, Chuck.

pickleweasel117

Ole Miss
Houston Nutt
Moral Victory National Championship well under construction!

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

HawgSolid

Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory!!  Go Hootie

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: trav1021 on September 06, 2008, 06:05:00 pm
there was a great shot of Hootie chewing those nails after the ball went through the uprights. 

Thought I was the only one who noticed that....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 06, 2008, 06:58:09 pm
First SEC team I have ever pulled against in football against a non-conference opponent.  That loss couldn't have happened to a more deserving coach though.  Good start to the evening.

Its just something about Tennessee & Alabama I can't stand no matter who they are playing JP.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DeWayne R

Quote from: HawgSolid on September 07, 2008, 09:27:46 am
Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory!!  Go Hootie

Good one. Hope you don't mind i used that on a nutt hugger on our racing board.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

cbjagman

Quote from: intoxhog on September 06, 2008, 03:03:25 pm
I noticed that too.

HAIR DYE!!![
Actually I heard that it's Grecian Formula. In fact, the next commercial with Walt Frazier and Keith Hernandez (sp) will feature Hootie hitting on and picking up a hottie looking over a Blackberry with advanced texting capability at an Alltel store.

cbjagman

Well in watching this game the old "the more things change, the more they stay the same" came to mind. Both my wife and I were laughing ourselves to death that the Hootie dropped another one. He was running around like someone had grabbed his testicles after Ole Misserable scored their last TD. Calling the last time out showed he was, as usual, totally confused about what to do. Then when WF drove almost the length of the field within less than 2 minutes to kick the winning field goal I knew that someone was going under the bus. Wonder how many this time? Oh well, couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving group of guys.

cbjagman

Well in watching this game the old "the more things change, the more they stay the same" came to mind. Both my wife and I were laughing ourselves to death that the Hootie dropped another one. He was running around like someone had grabbed his testicles after Ole Misserable scored their last TD. Calling the last time out showed he was, as usual, totally confused about what to do. Then when WF drove almost the length of the field within less than 2 minutes to kick the winning field goal I knew that someone was going under the bus. Wonder how many this time? Oh well, couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving group of guys.

Eddie Piggard

u could double post the hell out of that cbjagman....its still rings tru and you can't say it enough!!

Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

Eddie Piggard

in all actuality, if Snead hadn't lucked out with that last td play, it wouldn't have come to the late winning drive for WF.  But, if monkeys flew......

Hog1952

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: Hog1952 on September 08, 2008, 01:12:30 pm
Where did the huggers go?
meeting at Deal Doe's house....plus they have to discuss their "gay rights" issues....you know, "two birds, one stone...."

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog1952 on September 08, 2008, 01:12:30 pm
Where did the huggers go?

Lets see.  Old misses played the #25 team, on the road, 2 a 2pt game.  The Hogs, meanwhile, played ULM, at home ( on the road ), and held their breath on a Fg attempt after letting UL go down the field. 

I did into see ther OM game, or any highlights of it, I cn only assume that OM did what hundreds of other "bad" coaches do.  Go into the prevent defense and all it prevents them from doing is winning. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Eddie Piggard

hogsanity

Quote from: Eddie Piggard on September 08, 2008, 02:35:25 pm
(look above)

there's one!!

I am not the one so obsessed with the coach at another school that i wasted 3+ hours of a gorgeous Saturday watching them play.  I went out, coached a double header then drove to S-dale to watch the Naturals.  I did not know who won the om/wf game until yesterday afternoon when I logged onto hogville.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

budcampbellfan

yep, om, wiu, and ulm all won moral victories.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Eddie Piggard

Quote from: hogsanity on September 08, 2008, 03:00:16 pm
I am not the one so obsessed with the coach at another school that i wasted 3+ hours of a gorgeous Saturday watching them play.  I went out, coached a double header then drove to S-dale to watch the Naturals.  I did not know who won the om/wf game until yesterday afternoon when I logged onto hogville.
so why are you defending the jackass?  if you don't care......

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Eddie Piggard on September 08, 2008, 12:53:32 pm
in all actuality, if Snead hadn't lucked out with that last td play, it wouldn't have come to the late winning drive for WF.  But, if monkeys flew......

i didnt watch the game just caught the highlights, but snead reminded me of matt jones running
around trying to make something happen

ark-rebsfan

Congrats on almost gettin beat by two really crappy teams...Ya'll will really see what you have this week against a real opponent.

Eddie Piggard

September 08, 2008, 09:06:32 pm #787 Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:10:14 pm by Eddie Piggard
Quote from: ark-rebsfan on September 08, 2008, 09:01:14 pm
Congrats on almost gettin beat by two really crappy teams...Ya'll will really see what you have this week against a real opponent.
congrats on taking the rabid weasel off our hands....get used to the losses!

moley_russells_wart_hog

so who beat memphis this week wasnt if rice?

Reaganite

I can't wait to see if the Nutt curse holds up in conference play.

Lose the first conference game and he's sure to lose the next one due to his teams living and dying on emotion.

Btw, see if his post game press conference looks familiar (LMFAO):

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1577964&DB_OEM_ID=2600

"Boy, that was a tough one to get over. I tell you. I really loved how hard our young men played. I thought they really competed hard and played hard..."

"I was just proud; when you go back and watch the film I was proud of the effort of each player. They played really hard. The first thing you look for is if everyone gave effort and they did. The things that we have to get corrected are some foolish mistakes. One, I just can not put up with is a hit out of bounds. Everybody knows the rules. We've had one each week and we've got to stop that. We're smarter than that. We can't turn the ball over. We talk about winning the turn over margin. We can't do that especially against good teams. We've got to take care of the ball better..."

"As tough as that was, you know you have to go to work and realize that you're close and there is such a fine line between winning and losing. It is such a fine line..."

BigDeal

Never in my life have I been so embarrassed as a native Arkansan and Razorback fan than what I have witnessed written on this thread the last couple of days. It is shameful for the ill will and outright hatred some of you have exhibited . You should be ashamed of yourselves and go hide under a rock.

I thank you.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: BigDeal on September 08, 2008, 11:03:48 pm
Never in my life have I been so embarrassed as a native Arkansan and Razorback fan than what I have witnessed written on this thread the last couple of days. It is shameful for the ill will and outright hatred some of you have exhibited . You should be ashamed of yourselves and go hide under a rock.

I thank you.
You are welcome. Stick around... theres more of the same!
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Albert Einswine

Y'all will be no better than 2-5 when El Dorko brings your rebs to Fayetteville.  Enjoy the mediocrity.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

go hogues

Quote from: BigDeal on September 08, 2008, 11:03:48 pm
You should be ashamed of yourselves and go hide under a rock.

The same rock you've chosen to live under for the last three years or do we get to pick our own?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 09, 2008, 09:52:08 am

Y'all will be no better than 2-5 when El Dorko brings your rebs to Fayetteville.  Enjoy the mediocrity.
Whats ya'll record going to be by the end of the season? lol

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on September 09, 2008, 10:10:39 am
Whats ya'll record going to be by the end of the season? lol

Why don't you take a stab at it?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Mr. Hog

Cry in Oxford BD, Nutty plays not to lose thus costing him many games in his not so illustrious career.
Go Hogs Go!