Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PPV Thread (merged)

Started by Karma, August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogdiggity

I assume so, but you know what happens when you ASSuME!!  If you look at their schedule for this weekend the ULM/Auburn game is available, but ONLY in LA or AL.  I would guess that next weeks game will be available in AR and LA only. 

Kind of crazy ULM is getting this much air time!

OnYourToes

My guess is that Dish's PPV offerings are not region specific.  That is, it is offered to everyone with a dish, even if you are mere blocks from the stadium.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

OnYourToes

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 29, 2008, 10:13:18 am
I assume so, but you know what happens when you ASSuME!!  If you look at their schedule for this weekend the ULM/Auburn game is available, but ONLY in LA or AL.  I would guess that next weeks game will be available in AR and LA only. 

Kind of crazy ULM is getting this much air time!

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 29, 2008, 10:14:00 am
My guess is that Dish's PPV offerings are not region specific.  That is, it is offered to everyone with a dish, even if you are mere blocks from the stadium.

I guess I should read more and post less.
Sorry
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

hogdiggity

Quote from: OnYourToes on August 29, 2008, 10:14:58 am
I guess I should read more and post less.
Sorry

I guess one can be forgiven this time.....it is awful close to game time and I am in a good mood!!

ur

From looking at the "black outs" for this weeks espn gameplan games, they are blacked out only because it is being carried on a local station for free (abc,espn,espn2). Since the ULM game is not on reg tv, will they still black it out? looks like false advertising for espn gameplan to me.

OnYourToes

Quote from: hogdiggity on August 29, 2008, 10:16:06 am
I guess one can be forgiven this time.....it is awful close to game time and I am in a good mood!!

Your garciousness is appreciated.

One more story of Hog Fans uniting.

WPS!!

You sir are a genius!

lighthouse127

My understanding is that PPV is available in AR for about $35, and dish will surely make that available.  Everywhere else, except maybe LA because of blackout restrictions, can get the game through ESPN Gameplan.  You can get Gameplan through tomorrow for the earlybird special of $109.  The regular price is about $20 higher.  You can also order Gameplan just for a specific day, which is about $22.  I have learned that Gameplan is subject to blackouts, and that does happen on Dish Network just like on every other system.  The believe the Gameplan ULM game will be blacked out in Arkansas, so that the PPV for $35 will be bought by more in AR.

Lighthouse

Welch96

Has anyone heard about the game next week being on PPV?  I live in Southeast GA, so I was wondering.....

IndyHog76

What are they doing that confuses you so much?  Yes, it WILL be blacked out in Arkansas and likely Louisiana.

Quote from: ur on August 29, 2008, 10:31:47 am
From looking at the "black outs" for this weeks espn gameplan games, they are blacked out only because it is being carried on a local station for free (abc,espn,espn2). Since the ULM game is not on reg tv, will they still black it out? looks like false advertising for espn gameplan to me.

Hooter

It is showing up on my Dish Network menu on channel 462 but the price showing is only 29.95

duroc

Quote from: Hooter on August 29, 2008, 08:50:30 pm
It is showing up on my Dish Network menu on channel 462 but the price showing is only 29.95

Mine too.....do I dare get excited????????  Or will I pay $29.95 only to have it blacked out.  It looks like you could go ahead and order it now.

Tommy2Hog

Sorry, but is the game on today or not? If so where?

Papawhog

Spoke with Directv yesterday and the rep could find nothing ..... she even checked with others to make sure. Did tell me however to check today, this afternoon, to see if anything had changed. Son-in-law has Dish ..... nothing also. Seems to me if there was going to be a ppv then there would have been a statement by now. Directv rep did say to check the last hour before gametime .... sometimes they pick up last minute. Looks unlikely to me... bummer.

IndyHog76

Seriously?  It was never hinted that today's game was going to be on.  It is next week when the PPV will happen.

howboutdemhogs

I have Dish network and it has the game on 462 for 29.95. It says on all the other ppv's available only in this state or that state, but Arkansas's says TBD. So I hope we can get it in Arkansas.

HogSkinsDisease

NuttinItUp

September 01, 2008, 01:14:10 pm #166 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:17:10 pm by NuttinItUp
They are having it for $34.99

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/68587

RebelAt

That's only for residents of Arkansas and Louisiana.  Otherwise, it'll only be aired if the ESPN Game Day package picks it up.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&ATCLID=1570168&DB_OEM_ID=6100

JoeHog27

If the ULM vs UA will be on razor vision to watch?

IndyHog76

They picked it up Friday (might have even been late Thursday).

Quote from: RebelAt on September 01, 2008, 01:46:40 pm
That's only for residents of Arkansas and Louisiana.  Otherwise, it'll only be aired if the ESPN Game Day package picks it up.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&ATCLID=1570168&DB_OEM_ID=6100

hog.goblin

IndyHog76

On PPV movies, it usually gives the option "buy and record".  I would imagine this will be the same way.

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 01, 2008, 03:02:37 pm
Do you know if I can DVR a PPV product?  I have to be out of town.

razorhog29

So if u have dish or direct tv and u live in Arkansas u will not be able to pay per view. Is this correct?

Le Hogtre

The ESPN schedule shows it will be picked up by Gameplan.  Don't know if in state residents will be blacked out though.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=2&season=2&year=2008&groupId=80

RebelAt

Per Southeastern Conference television regulations, the game is only currently available through cable systems in Arkansas and Louisiana and on-line at ArkansasRazorbacks.com's RazorVision to residents of Arkansas and Louisiana. The cost of the pay-per-view broadcast is $34.99.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=1570168

Ouachihog

According to this, and the link to the ESPN schedule above, Gameplan has officially picked it up.

http://www.ulmathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=19000&ATCLID=1573041
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

RhodeHog

Quote from: razorhog29 on September 01, 2008, 03:48:37 pm
So if u have dish or direct tv and u live in Arkansas u will not be able to pay per view. Is this correct?

I don't know.  It shows up in my channel guide for Dishnetwork for 29.95, but it won't let me order it.  I'm wondering if you have to wait until the day of the game to order it or what? 

cotterhog

September 01, 2008, 06:14:24 pm #178 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:17:52 pm by cotterhog
I  live in the Mountain Home area and I called Suddenlink's 800 number. The lady said it is not on their listings yet, but if they do show the game it won't be on their listings until probably Thursday. She said she would send a note to their programming engineers to alert them of my call. I will be upset if Suddenlink doesn't show this game. I'm even upgrading to a converter box so I can watch it.

jackwalker

For those of us that have Dish Network, will they be carrying the PPV, or will it be only cable?
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

GiantFoamFingerMak

I know this questions has been asked a dozen times, but is there PPV for the game against ULM this weekend?

Thanks in advance for the info...

GFFM
Definition of HDN:  "College football's most aptly-surnamed sideline stalker twitches and fidgets like a snake-handling minister preaching a revival in a circus tent by the river while taking crystal meth and being jabbed in the backside by a cattle prod."

rzrbacknTX

PPV in AR and LA.  ESPN Game Plan everywhere else.

Reaganite

I called DirecTV today and they couldn't find where it was available.

It's being offered in AR and LA via cable systems.

Guess I'll have to go to Hooters... darn it.

hogsrg8

yes it will be on dish.
Salisbury is a Perv!

conman_7

I can't believe they want $35 bucks for this weeks game?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: conman_7 on September 02, 2008, 12:51:16 am
I can't believe they want $35 bucks for this weeks game?
Better than $45 for a ticket....and more than one person can watch it for that price.....and you can drink alcohol while watching.....and you don't have to drive to Little Rock if you don't live close....and you can sit in a comfortable seat....and....

intoxhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 02, 2008, 05:31:23 am
Can you not buy gameplan on DISH for one day and get the game ?
Is it for sure on gameplan because I live in Tulsa and that would be the only way i could get it.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

lighthouse127

If you are not in the blackout area you can buy Dish for one day for under $22.  If you are in the blackout area (I think it is Arkansas and Louisiana), then you have to watch it on PPV or not at all.

Lighthouse

intoxhog

September 02, 2008, 06:16:00 am #190 Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:29:47 am by intoxhog
Quote from: lighthouse127 on September 02, 2008, 05:59:38 am
If you are not in the blackout area you can buy Dish for one day for under $22.  If you are in the blackout area (I think it is Arkansas and Louisiana), then you have to watch it on PPV or not at all.

Lighthouse

I have Directv, and already have Gameplan season package. My question though is it been finalized to be on ESPN Gameplan?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

vandybuff

Quote from: Reaganite on September 01, 2008, 11:42:20 pm
I called DirecTV today and they couldn't find where it was available.

It's being offered in AR and LA via cable systems.

Guess I'll have to go to Hooters... darn it.

Also I have heard some Arkansas cable systems do not offer this game -- such as mine (Jonesboro).
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Ray Zor

Just got off phone with Comcast and was told Game plan was not blacked out here in Little Rock area.  I don't believe them.  They argued with me.  You would think they know, but I have had terrible dealings with them in the past.  Most call takers are cluless.  They told me I would definitely have it on Game plan.  Anyone hearing this?  I actually have heard the contrary!
GO HOGS

Ray Zor

Just got off phone with Comcast and was told Game plan was not blacked out here in Little Rock area.  I don't believe them.  They argued with me.  You would think they know, but I have had terrible dealings with them in the past.  Most call takers are cluless.  They told me I would definitely have it on Game plan.  Anyone hearing this?  I actually have heard the contrary!
GO HOGS

Supermark101

Quote from: intoxhog on September 02, 2008, 06:16:00 am
I have Directv, and already have Gameplan season package. My question though is it been finalized to be on ESPN Gameplan?

It has been finalized for gameplan

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules
Scroll a little more than half way down. The Gameplan logo next to our game means it will be on Gameplan.

Quote from: Ray Zor on September 02, 2008, 07:14:57 am

I would bet the farm it will be blacked out in Arkansas. Blackout maps are released on Wendsday and can be found here.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index?status=viewpage

Ray Zor

Quote from: Supermark101 on September 02, 2008, 07:24:04 am
It has been finalized for gameplan

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules
Scroll a little more than half way down. The Gameplan logo next to our game means it will be on Gameplan.

I would bet the farm it will be blacked out in Arkansas. Blackout maps are released on Wendsday and can be found here.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index?status=viewpage

Oh I definitely agree on the black out here! But do you think at time of blackout being announced, they will then allow you to purchase the $34.99 single PPV?????
GO HOGS

Supermark101

Quote from: Ray Zor on September 02, 2008, 07:28:27 am
Oh I definitely agree on the black out here! But do you think at time of blackout being announced, they will then allow you to purchase the $34.99 single PPV?????
I would think so. My guess since its not officially blacked out yet, they have to say its not.

Also just noticed the game is on ESPN360, which is free with a high speed connection. Maybe someone who knows a little more can tell us if its blackout there too.

Ray Zor

Quote from: Supermark101 on September 02, 2008, 07:34:06 am
I would think so. My guess since its not officially blacked out yet, they have to say its not.

Also just noticed the game is on ESPN360, which is free with a high speed connection. Maybe someone who knows a little more can tell us if its blackout there too.

I think you are right.  They kept telling me "Sir, it is not blacked out in your area".  I guess technically its not today.  Tomorrow it will be.  But you would still think they would have been informed of the single game PPV for 34.99?   
GO HOGS

HOGSandDUCKS

Quote from: Supermark101 on September 02, 2008, 07:34:06 am

I just looked at the "upcoming games" link in the ESPN360.com Video Viewer, and It DOES NOT have the Arkansas game listed on there.  There are a few games listed including the Bama/Tulane game, and the Texas game.

fowlthing

Can I order it off Cox?  Any special steps?

Thanks