Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The PPV Thread (merged)

Started by Karma, August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:44:23 am by Triple P
Today's Democrat states that Long is announcing the first PPV game today.  I assume its too late to be Western Illinois and that it will be ULM.  Does anyone have any insight into what the announcement will be, and how much it will cost? Thanks.

HotlantaHog

Hoping it is Western Illinois, but I like you am expecting it will be Louisiana Monroe.

clarksville hog

I've heard that we will PPV ULM and, if no network picks them up, Ole Miss and Tulsa

Reaganite

I hear Western Ill is almost a sell out.  Can't say the same for ULM yet can we?

I suppose they could do it for this weekend since it's only Tuesday.

That would be so awesome for the fans that can't get a ticket or make it up for the very first game of the Petrino era.

hendrix08hog

Long announced earlier that he'd only announce  within 6 days in advance, but no earlier. I think we'll have it PPV this weekend! There's just no incentive to announce it early, ya know.
FTS BABY

Reaganite

Quote from: hendrix08hog on August 26, 2008, 09:32:10 am
Long announced earlier that he'd only announce  within 6 days in advance, but no earlier. I think we'll have it PPV this weekend! There's just no incentive to announce it early, ya know.

Can people with DirecTV get this on PPV?  Anyone know?

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

capnamerica

here is to hoping it is this weekend

Lard

Quote from: Reaganite on August 26, 2008, 09:30:14 am
I hear Western Ill is almost a sell out.  Can't say the same for ULM yet can we?

I suppose they could do it for this weekend since it's only Tuesday.

That would be so awesome for the fans that can't get a ticket or make it up for the very first game of the Petrino era.

ULM is not yet a sellout according to www.arkansasrazobacks.com     I can't believe this!!  The fantabulous WMS is not sold out??  Those die-hard fans haven't snatched up those tickets yet?  Shocked I say......shocked!
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

dixiehog

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: clarksville hog on August 26, 2008, 09:21:54 am
I've heard that we will PPV ULM and, if no network picks them up, Ole Miss and Tulsa
I thought the rule was that you can only do two PPV games per the SEC. I could be wrong though.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hog_fan

Landonhog

Quote from: Karma on August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am
Today's Democrat states that Long is announcing the first PPV game today.  I assume its too late to be Western Illinois and that it will be ULM.  Does anyone have any insight into what the announcement will be, and how much it will cost? Thanks.

I would guess it would be about $30...  I know that's the price for the OU vs. Tenn-Chat game this weekend...  Something in that range, at least.

Hogstation

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 26, 2008, 09:59:30 am
There are still a lot of $45.00 tickets for sale for W. Illinois on www.arkansasrazorbacks.com.  Right now you can get 35-40 yard line tickets in Section 516 with sales of Sections 517,518,519 left to be sold next. There may still be some also in Sections 509 and 510. There are still many high dollar seats for sale as well.

I called the ticket office a week or so ago and they said the only ones they had left were the one section around the 10 yard line or so.  When I told her that online it said all of those that you mentioned were available she said that's not true and when you go to order them that it'd just let you have that one section.  So I'm assuming they're almost sold out for the game, with just that one section left.

BigSexyHog

This will be sweet if they could get pay per view for this game.  I want to watch is so very very bad.

But I guess if I really wanted to watch it I would get off my lazy arse and drive up from Dallas.....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

I would love for it to be WIU. The paper didn't say what time the announcement is.

Keyser Sooieze

I heard the ppv games would only be available in Arkansas--anyone know if that is true?  If so, why?

ghg1

Quote from: rzrbkman on August 26, 2008, 09:59:30 am
There are still a lot of $45.00 tickets for sale for W. Illinois on www.arkansasrazorbacks.com.  Right now you can get 35-40 yard line tickets in Section 516 with sales of Sections 517,518,519 left to be sold next.

517, 518 & 519 is student seating.

FaytownHog

how much will a PPV game cost? i don't remember if I've heard anything about that either.

FaytownHog

it might be for now, but if they can make revenue they'll make it. if someone wants to pay 45 bucks to sit up there, they'll let em sit with the students
Quote from: ghg1 on August 26, 2008, 10:39:31 am
517, 518 & 519 is student seating.

pedrothelion

August 26, 2008, 10:46:28 am #20 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:50:52 am by pedrothelion
Quote from: Reaganite on August 26, 2008, 09:33:36 am
I'm wondering this myself.

razorsharp96

Quote from: lildrummerboy2004 on August 26, 2008, 10:43:25 am
how much will a PPV game cost? i don't remember if I've heard anything about that either.

I think it usually is $23.95 or $24.95. I could be wrong. But I could be right for once since you aren't my wife.
"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention."  ~ Charles Barkley

jgphillips3

It would hurt ticket sales to announce too early so I wouldn't blame them for holding off until the last moment.  Heck, I wouldn't care if they announced the game on Thursday for pay per view.  For games that I can't go to like this weekend (due to family commitments) I would buy it for $75.00 at the last minute without hesitation.  If it is cheap - like $25.00 - that would just be a bonus.

HawgPilot

I've been told that Conway Corporation is showing it for $24.95

I have a call in for confirmation.  I will post what I find out.

hogsanity

Depends on if the UA makes the feed available to them and if they choose to pick it up. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgPilot

Quote from: HawgPilot on August 26, 2008, 12:34:46 pm
I've been told that Conway Corporation is showing it for $24.95

I have a call in for confirmation.  I will post what I find out.

Conway Corp will air ULM for $24.95 per a sales associate.

Oliver

Hawgz4Life

Quote from: donewithdale on August 26, 2008, 09:46:08 am
Reds don't know if they can't off of work yet.  And those poor families in Eudora are still trying to scrape up enough pennies for gas money to Little Rock.  They want to be there so badly.
Eudora's got more problems than scraping up gas money....

judgeroyswine

Quote from: hogsanity on August 26, 2008, 12:37:02 pm
Depends on if the UA makes the feed available to them and if they choose to pick it up. 

I suppose that would be the same for Dish Network?
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

PorkSoda

I think you can get it per ESPN Game Plan, but I'm not sure.  I sure would like to catch the game this weekend, but I will have to rely on local sports bars.  Maybe I can bribe the bartender to order the game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

yodcw2003

So will these PPV games be available to out of state viewers? I live in New Orleans and have Cox Cable. Will I still be able to buy the PPV'd games??

deshahawg

It'll be great if we can get a few PPV games. I'll definately be buying them. Anyone know if it'll be as bad as watching Raycom games?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Karma on August 26, 2008, 09:19:48 am
It is going to be ULM and it's going to be $125. That's a lot cheaper than going to the game and buying a ticket, getting a motel room, etc. Just invite 10 Hog friends over and it costs each of you $12.50...a bargain!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 26, 2008, 01:30:41 pm
It is going to be ULM and it's going to be $125. That's a lot cheaper than going to the game and buying a ticket, getting a motel room, etc. Just invite 10 Hog friends over and it costs each of you $12.50...a bargain!
$125?  They won't sell many of those.

Cajun Hog

The price PPV will be less then $35 per game and they will start with ULM.  It's not $125......

prhogs22

WILL COX OFFER THIS IN NWA?

BEvERage

Quote from: prhogs22 on August 26, 2008, 01:53:09 pm
   WILL COX OFFER THIS IN NWA?

DONT KNOW, CALL THEM AND AX
479-751-2000

Table Rocker

Quote from: Triple P on August 26, 2008, 01:50:22 pm
The price PPV will be less then $35 per game and they will start with ULM.  It's not $125......

lol i didn't think so. ark-ulm would be more than a heavyweight title fight, now that is funny.

Oliver

Awesome!

hogfan064

Is this a fact that it's ULM?

I know the $125 is BS

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on August 26, 2008, 01:59:35 pm
lol i didn't think so. ark-ulm would be more than a heavyweight title fight, now that is funny.

We will see in a little.   ;)

Quote from: Triple P on August 26, 2008, 02:27:14 pm

We will see in a little.   ;)
When is announcement scheduled? (Please don't say 4 p.m. presser)

football17

Cajun Hog

BloodRedHog

It's now 2:40 pm -- do we have official word?
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Karma on August 26, 2008, 02:28:37 pm
When is announcement scheduled? (Please don't say 4 p.m. presser)

Some time this afternoon, I think.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: football17 on August 26, 2008, 02:28:50 pm
$34.95

I'm think some will be $29.99 to $34.99.  All will be less then $35.

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Triple P on August 26, 2008, 02:39:35 pm
I'm think some will be $29.99 to $34.99.  All will be less then $35.

The question for out-of-staters is....will ESPN GamePlan pick up the feed....and when will we know if they will pick up the feed....
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Cajun Hog

Quote from: BloodRedHog on August 26, 2008, 02:40:53 pm
The question for out-of-staters is....will ESPN GamePlan pick up the feed....and when will we know if they will pick up the feed....

I know they have picked up Auburn's PPV game  and other PPV on Gameplan in the past.

hog_fan

Wish it was Western Ill as I will be at ULM game