Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gates

Started by jfred59, March 17, 2018, 08:59:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Sorry if I missed it but what has happened to Gates?   Havent seen him in a while?

ucahogfan

Strained his hamstring last Sunday on a stretch at 1B and the Waterloo Warrior has come on strong.  Might not see him for a while with how McFarland is swinging.

Scott7703

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 17, 2018, 09:00:30 pm
Strained his hamstring last Sunday on a stretch at 1B and the Waterloo Warrior has come on strong.  Might not see him for a while with how McFarland is swinging.

I was thinking the same thing. No way I sit McFarland at this point.

jfred59

Thanks!!!  I agree as long as McFarland is doing what he is doing, he has to stay in the lineup

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 17, 2018, 09:01:48 pm

I was thinking the same thing. No way I sit McFarland at this point.

Heck yeah. Big fella showed what he's capable of.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Kevin

Jared gates aka Wally pip
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

travelinhog

+1 for the historical reference.

litmachog

Announcers used the Wally Pip reference yesterday.   

AHiD

Does Vin Ascolese have any baseball eligibility left?
My name...is Jerruh

dotnet

I always thought McFarland would win the 1b job.  His raw tools are hard to beat as long as he can put it all together... which it looks like he has finally done.

I think Gates is still an important piece though.  He is a lefty, as opposed to McFarland and Gates, and at some point every one struggles.  Especially freshmen. 

I think allowing Martin to get a few games off during the grind of the SEC will be pretty huge.

onebadrubi

Quote from: dotnet on March 19, 2018, 09:13:14 am
I always thought McFarland would win the 1b job.  His raw tools are hard to beat as long as he can put it all together... which it looks like he has finally done.

I think Gates is still an important piece though.  He is a lefty, as opposed to McFarland and Gates, and at some point every one struggles.  Especially freshmen. 

I think allowing Martin to get a few games off during the grind of the SEC will be pretty huge.

I thought the same thing with Martin.  He will most likely hit a freshman slump at some point and having gates right there is a nice piece.  I'm sure Martin will need a weekend series or something knowing going in he may only be used as a pinch runner or something.  Having a fresh gates to back that up is a very nice piece.