Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flagrant One or Two?

Started by jbcarol, March 10, 2018, 10:41:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogs run wild

wow. it almost looks fake. i'm surprised the bench didn't clear on that.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

pigture perfect

I've actually seen worst a couple of times. Once when a player undercut another who then landed squarely on his head.

This player should be suspended.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

MrKnowItAll

sickboy

That's a flagrant three, attempted murder. Crazily, the kid wasn't even tossed from the game. I absolutely can not believe that the benches didn't clear and all hell didn't break loose. I've been in church league games where benches cleared for less.

hoglady

Those refs should never set foot on a basketball court again.
If that doesn't get a player ejected - I don't know what does.

No place in the game for that kind of stuff.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: sickboy on March 10, 2018, 11:51:54 pm
That's a flagrant three, attempted murder. Crazily, the kid wasn't even tossed from the game. I absolutely can not believe that the benches didn't clear and all hell didn't break loose. I've been in church league games where benches cleared for less.

Can't imagine what those refs were thinking - surprised fights didn't break out during the rest of the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 10, 2018, 11:24:51 pm
I've actually seen worst a couple of times. Once when a player undercut another who then landed squarely on his head.

This player should be suspended.

More like never allowed to play another sport again for the school. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Boarcephus

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 11, 2018, 04:32:30 pm
More like never allowed to play another sport again for the school. 

Yep.   Wonder if he has a cousin who plays for Duke named Allen?  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Cotton

Only way this makes sense to me...

It's a 18 point lead with 20 seconds left and this kid was trying to show off and dunk on the road.

Nobody got mad... it just doesn't make sense unless that kid was a complete tool. His teammates don't even check on him lol.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

NoogaHog

Quote from: Cotton on March 13, 2018, 10:14:46 am
Only way this makes sense to me...

It's a 18 point lead with 20 seconds left and this kid was trying to show off and dunk on the road.

Nobody got mad... it just doesn't make sense unless that kid was a complete tool. His teammates don't even check on him lol.

Kinda blurry, but looks like 43-43 with 2:52 left in the 3rd.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Cotton

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 13, 2018, 01:07:16 pm
Kinda blurry, but looks like 43-43 with 2:52 left in the 3rd.
So I watched the local news story..

3rd Quarter like you said.  State Semi-final (Which explains why nobody was trying to fight of leave the bench). Game went into overtime and the kid that dunked's team eventually won to go to the State Final.  Unreal that the kid was not ejected. I'm actually really impressed with the attitude of the player that got shoved.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

NoogaHog

It is crazy that there was no ejection.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

systemroot

Usually I am extremely hesitant regarding ejections because to me, it needs to be clear cut. There is no questioning that play. That should have been an instant ejection.