Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Wondered/ Commits

Started by OLEJACKETFAN, March 08, 2018, 09:14:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLEJACKETFAN

In the past at SMU if CM offered a Scholarship, he would tell the recruits that if they accepted he didn't want them visiting another School. If they did then the Scholarship may no longer be there. Trying to figure out how CM will handle too many 3 Stars committing. If the HOGS have a really solid year, and I believe they will, some of these 3 stars may be recruited over later on!

Pudgepork

I'd think if CCM believes in that approach, he wouldn't implement it until the program is a solid winner and thought of highly by elite recruits.  Until he proves that this staff can win big, you take the best you can get.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 10, 2018, 10:17:14 am
I'd think if CCM believes in that approach, he wouldn't implement it until the program is a solid winner and thought of highly by elite recruits.  Until he proves that this staff can win big, you take the best you can get.

I agree.   The Razorback program is not in a position to dictate terms to any elite and maybe most 3* recruits.

ArkansasI

I don't see anything earth shattering about this philosophy. Whether the player is the best in the country or the last man on the list, he must know that Arkansas is committed to the player when the player is committed to Arkansas.

blu

CM states he's not concerned or interested in star rating. It appears he offers kids based on he and his staff's evaluation of their ability to contribute to his program regardless of their stars. Look at the Woods kid he brought in at mid-term from Texas. A 3 star that is showing out already this spring and who coach states will most likely be in the WR mix this fall.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ricepig

Quote from: blu on March 11, 2018, 07:25:09 am
CM states he's not concerned or interested in star rating. It appears he offers kids based on he and his staff's evaluation of their ability to contribute to his program regardless of their stars. Look at the Woods kid he brought in at mid-term from Texas. A 3 star that is showing out already this spring and who coach states will most likely be in the WR mix this fall.

Well, he's offered more 4-5*'s than the previous staff did, lol. 114/176 offered so far are 4* or higher. Now, does he "care" what their rating is, very doubtful.

Hogindasticks

I agree...what our coaches want are fits for position and speed to get it done.  CCM's experience at Clemson is going to show thru here dramatically.  We are 10th in the SEC for recruiting for 2019 already....i only expect to see us go up in the rankings...but the caliber and fit of players should be more important than the rankings.