Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game number 16 (early game tomorrow) starts at 11:15

Started by flippinhogmana, March 04, 2018, 12:45:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

March 04, 2018, 12:45:34 am Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:13:46 am by flippinhogmana
game is our second against Northern Colorado
game is set to be stream again on SEC TV, watch espn app

here is the links for video and live stats for the game.
http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3307584/northern-colorado-vs-arkansas
http://statb.us/b/207651
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Rain is falling in Fayetteville, first game between CCS and Dartmouth is halted so ground crew can attend to the field.  Dont know about the long term implicaitons of getting the games in today, but will likely at least delay them.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

there was only a short delay (10-15 minutes) and play has resumed.  The rain may hold off enough to get the games in today okay.

flippinhogmana

no feed on stats or video yet so I assume it is delayed some.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

first hitter an infield singe to deep short
2nd hitter sacrifices the runner to second, one down
3rd hitter grounds to 1B unassisted, runner to third, two down
Haff retires the next batter on a soft line/popup to ss

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the first
Hogs lineup the same as for the last few games
Buczek works a full count (Psych you can take this over anytime you want!) and then flairs a singe to left
McEwen flies out to LF
Malkin gets a 2-0 count but Buczek thrown out stealing, two down, Malkin works a 3-2 count, strikes out. No score to the top of the second.
This pitcher by the way I think they said is 7-3 on the season so she is their ace.

flippinhogmana

Haff gets ahead 0-2, retires her after a couple of fouls on a fly to right.  One down.
Next batter grounds to second after battling Haff (who is not as sharp today as last game), two down
3rd batter (with the bases empty) flies to LF.

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the second,
Green gets in the hole 1-2, flies out to center, one down
Diaz gets behind 0-2, grounds unassisted to first, two down,
Belans gets ahead 2-0, flies out to center, still no score

flippinhogmana

Haff in the top of the third, hogs miss on a foul popup, but Belans makes a good play on a grounder up the middle
Next Batter works a full count, and Haff gets her first K, swinging, two down, nobody on
Haff blows away the next batter, no score to the bottom of the 3rd and I think Haff is starting to get it together

flippinhogmana

Home half of the 3rd
bottom of the order up, Krzysko, Cooper and Bugarin
Krzysko gets ahead 3-1 and walks, one on, nobody out
Cooper with an infield single ( now ruled an error) off the glove of the first baseman
Bugarin up with two on, nobody out
Haydi pops out in foul ground by 3rd
Buczek reaches on an error (on a comebacker) by the pitcher, bases loaded for who else McEwen
Hammerin Hannah flies to left, but gets the SF, 1-0 hogs, two down, runners on first and second
Malkin up, battles to a full count, strikes out for the second time.  1-0 hogs

flippinhogmana

Top of the 4th
Haff starts with her third K in a row, one down
hbp on the next batter, one on, one down
3rd hitter Ks, two down, runner on first
Haff retires the next batter on a leaping catch on a liner.

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the fourth,
Green flies out to shallow right near the line, one down
Diaz gets ahead 2-0, flies out to right on a 2-2 count, two down
Belans pops out to the catcher, hogs still up 1-0 to the top of the 5th

flippinhogmana

Ground crew drags the inflied a bit between innings as the pitcher warms up
Haff gets her fifth K to start the inning
2nd batter is retired by Diaz unassisted, two down
Next batter, grounds to 2nd, and Haff is getting stronger now, and rolling.

flippinhogmana

Krzysko soft liner to ss for the first out
Cooper flies out as well, two down
Bugarin gets behind 1-2, works the count full, and then goes down swinging

flippinhogmana

Haff gets the first batter with a grounder to ss, one down
next batter (top of the order) falls behind 0-2, strikes out looking, 6th K for Haff,
Haff gets ahead 0-1, 0-2 and then gives up a single to right, one on, two down,
next batter is retired on the first pitch on a grounder to 3rd.  still 1-0 hogs to the bottom of the 6th.

flippinhogmana

Buczek leads it off, works a 2-2 count and pops to ss, one down, nobody on for McEwen
Hammerin Hannah grounds to 2nd, two down,
Malkin is pinch hit for by Manzo, flies to the track in left.

flippinhogmana

Haff will face the 4,5 and 6 hitters to try and nail it down
1st batter goes down on a grounder to ss,
2nd batter should have been retired by Diaz on a foul popup, but she drops the ball, then Diaz redeems herself on another foul popup, two down
and Diaz retires the next batter on another foul popup for the win!

flippinhogmana

Haff with her fifth complete game (9-0 on the year)
McEwen with her 28th RBI