Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games against Dartmouth and Northern Colorado tomorrow

Started by flippinhogmana, March 01, 2018, 09:31:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

here is the link to the live stats at least for the first game versus Dartmouth at 4 appx.

http://statb.us/b/207647

If you go on the softball page, and look under the invitational page, there are live stat links to all the games.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

Is Dartmouth supposed to be any good? Just wondering.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ladybackfan on March 01, 2018, 09:40:55 pm
Is Dartmouth supposed to be any good? Just wondering.

They are 0-5
Central Connecticut state has played in one tournament and is 2-3, there two wins were against Sienna.  They dont give up a lot of runs though.
Northern Colorado is 8-8 and probably the best team that we will face in the tournament.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

The competition this weekend is not very strong. Not saying we will win them all, but we should expect to. NoCo has one fairly decent pitcher, but nothing that should scare us.

After this weekend, we have two mid-week games (a DH) at Wichita State - they are decent. And then the next weekend we open SEC play on the road in Athens. Those will be tough games, too, obviously.

flippinhogmana

storms not dong to well (dartmouth not too impressed with us apparently) she just gave up three runs in the top of the second, and we went down in order the first inning, down 3-0 going to the bottom of the 2nd.

rolyat_2008

Our pitchers from last year need to pick it up, get back in form.

flippinhogmana

in the bottom of the second, green singles to center and then Diaz walks, two on, nobody out
Belans reaches on an error, bases loaded nobody out, for Kryzsko who also reaches on an error, run scores, 3-1
Cooper draws a walk to bring in a second unearned run, 3-2, bases still juiced for Bugarin who strikes out swinging, bases still loaded for the top of the order with now one out.
Buczek grounds out to 2nd to tie the game back up, two down now still two on at third and second, McEwen singles them in, hogs take a 5-2 lead with two out for Malkin, McEwen at first.  Malkin singles to center, McEwen advances to third for Green who started the inning with a single.

Green flies out to center to end the inning but the hogs are now on top 5-3, lets hope Storms finds herself after a rough two innings.

flippinhogmana

Storms strikes out the first batter (she usually isnt a strike out pitcher but she has four on the day so far despite giving up a lot of hits and a walk)
gets the second batter on a ground out
then gives up a single to left, one on, two out
Green bounces out from behind the plate and retires the fourth hitter, no score for Dartmouth in the inning
Hogs coming up in the bottom of the 3rd, up five to three.

flippinhogmana

Dartmouth changes pitchers to start the inning
Diaz gets ahead in the count, 3-0 and eventually walks, one on, nobody out for Belans who reaches again on an error and the hogs have runners on at 2nd and first, nobody out for Kryzsko who singles to right loading the bases for Cooper with nobody out.
Cooper gets ahead 2-0, then works a full count and then is hit by the pitch, driving in a run and leaving the bases loaded again for Bugarin (as they were the previous inning), nobody out, 6-3 hogs
Bugarin singles to center driving in one, 7-3 and leaves the bases loaded for Buczek, still nobody out
Buczek hits into a fielders choice, leaves the bases loaded (out was at home) one out now for McEwen.
McEwen again singles in two, 9-3 now, still one out, runners at 1st and 3rd for Malkin.
Malkin works a 3-2 count and then grounds out to the pitcher, driving in another run, McEwen to second on the play, 10-3 hogs, Green coming up with two down.

Green doubles to right center plating McEwen and it now a run rule game. 11-3, Diaz up with two down and a runner on second.  She singles to center, scoring McEwen, 12-3 and takes second on the throw for Belans.
A.J. falls behind 1-2, then works the count full, and flies out to center to end the inning.  Hogs score seven in the inning.

flippinhogmana

storms takes the circle in the top of the fourth, only needs to get six outs to make this official for her fifth win if she holds them.
Autumn gives up a single on a ball she fields, one on nobody out. 
Next ball who drove in the first two runs with a double in the second grounds out to the sure handed Buczek.
Runner advances to second with one down,
Autumn is just not pitching ahead in the count this game (not sharp as she usually is), she gets some more help from her battery mate who again comes out from behind the plate to retire the third hitter.
Next battery grounds out to Belans to end the inning.

flippinhogmana

Dartmouth brings in a new pitcher who retires Kryzsko on foulout to the 1B.
One down nobody on to Cooper, who walks on four straight pitches, one on, one out for Bugarin
Haydi who is pinch hit for by Parr, who reaches on an fc, cooper erased at second, two out, one on at first for Buczek, who is pinch hit for by Manzo, who walks advancing Parr to second for McEwen who has a chance to add to her team leading 21 rbis.

McEwen is however, pinch hit for by Warrick, Katie flies out to rf on a 2-1 count to end the inning.

flippinhogmana

Dartmouth must score at least twice this inning or the game is over.
Autumn is however relieved by Caroline Hedgcock who will try to end it here or finish it otherwise.
Caroline gets the first batter on a ground out to Buczek
Next batter grounds out to ss
Third batter reaches on a fielding error on the usually sure handed Buczek
fourth batter doubles down the rf line, runners at second and third with two down
next batter is retired on a grounder to Buczek who redeems herself and ends the game.  Hogs win 12-3, Storms now 5-1 on the year.  Hedgcock seemed to pitch better in her short stint as well, she got ahead of the first four hitters she faced.  I dont know if it was the competition being inferior but putting the ball in the zone is a good thing.  Hopefully she will have some more opportunties for work in the weekend and will continue to improve.