Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIGNING DAY updates

Started by bighog2255, February 07, 2018, 07:32:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2018, 02:32:04 pm
I've lived in both, voluntarily, and if I was going to live in any SEC city other than Fayetteville it would be Starkville.  My wife is an MSU alum and I worked in Starkville for 9 years after graduating from the UofA.

Starkville as a whole may have more of a college town feel than Fayetteville because that's all there is.  It's more southern, and more welcoming.  That's not a knock on Fayetteville, just saying those are +'s for Starkville when comparing the two.  Fayetteville is more funky, and more metropolitan and of course offers more opportunities after graduation.  Starkville has great restaurants and a few bars/clubs.  Fayetteville has a better music scene but probably even on the food scene.

Starkville is also more accessible than Fayetteville for recruits living in LA, SE Arkansas, obviously MS, TN, AL, GA, and Florida. 

The athletic department at State has done a very good job cultivating a family culture for all it's sports and the coaches are all very supportive of each other.  Again not to say they are not at the UofA just more visible and vocal in Starkville.  They did a great job hiring Mullen, and seem to be following the same path with Moorehead.  They hit a home run with Vic Schaeffer and got a steal in Ben Howland.  Andy Canizaro hasn't missed a beat in baseball.  He actually spoke to the women's team before they beat SC on Monday.

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

(this message paid for by the Starkville-Oktibbeha Chamber of Commerce).
Dude, you can spray all the Frebreeze you want, but in the end, it still stinks.

DeltaBoy

I've lived in both, voluntarily, and if I was going to live in any SEC city other than Fayetteville it would be Starkville.  My wife is an MSU alum and I worked in Starkville for 9 years after graduating from the UofA.

Starkville as a whole may have more of a college town feel than Fayetteville because that's all there is.  It's more southern, and more welcoming.  That's not a knock on Fayetteville, just saying those are +'s for Starkville when comparing the two.  Fayetteville is more funky, and more metropolitan and of course offers more opportunities after graduation.  Starkville has great restaurants and a few bars/clubs.  Fayetteville has a better music scene but probably even on the food scene.

Starkville is also more accessible than Fayetteville for recruits living in LA, SE Arkansas, obviously MS, TN, AL, GA, and Florida. 

The athletic department at State has done a very good job cultivating a family culture for all it's sports and the coaches are all very supportive of each other.  Again not to say they are not at the UofA just more visible and vocal in Starkville.  They did a great job hiring Mullen, and seem to be following the same path with Moorehead.  They hit a home run with Vic Schaeffer and got a steal in Ben Howland.  Andy Canizaro hasn't missed a beat in baseball.  He actually spoke to the women's team before they beat SC on Monday.

Dismissing Starkville due to some outdated and misinformed opinion of the place is a tired lazy take.

I agree I loved every visit I made to Starkville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

lumphog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 08, 2018, 08:40:12 am

I agree I loved every visit I made to Starkville.
And , some great deer hunting

DeltaBoy

Quote from: lumphog on February 08, 2018, 10:55:06 am
And , some great deer hunting

I was busy with some of those pretty SE Mississippi gals when I was running around there.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 08, 2018, 11:49:40 am
I was busy with some of those pretty SE Mississippi gals when I was running around there.

Those wer goats Delta

BadHog

I could not stand listening to cowbells every freaking home game!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hog N Bama

SE Miss. 😂 Before GPS eh?

Albert Einswine

Starkville is on a latitude north of Lake Village. Do they import SE Mississippi gals up to Starkville?

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

TheRazorback500

You know Loose Lucy from Lucedale?
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hawgdavis

So what happened with Mincey ? This board has no info anymore.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgdavis on February 08, 2018, 10:47:13 pm
So what happened with Mincey ? This board has no info anymore.
he's a Vol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang