Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 19, 2017, 08:40:32 pm
No surprise here. Like I said in another thread - he was never coming to Arkansas. He was going to LSU until Baylor showed up late. Arkansas was never going to get his commitment once he became affiliated with LSU. Baylor came in hard and made a good play to get him. Hats off to them, I guess. If the whole thing seems kind of funny to you...well, it should. Shades of OM here. Many shades.

Lol. LSU was never on play.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Sivad

GB's "Hat Trick" showed no class and disrespect of his home state.
GB's "I can be your only QB" showed fear of competition.
GB's pick of Baylor/Waco over Razorbacks/Fayetteville shows poor intelligence.

hog of steele

If you like crazy cults, murderining teammates, drug dealing, and raping the co-eds, Baylor is the school for you.

We just cannot compete with that kind of pitch.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Sivad on December 19, 2017, 08:45:50 pm
facts. although if tatiana really is babymama than Waco is the farthest from Earle and that would actually show some level of critical thinking.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

greenie

December 20, 2017, 12:00:43 am #455 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:25:24 am by greenie
No surprise here. Like I said in another thread - he was never coming to Arkansas. He was going to LSU until Baylor showed up late. Arkansas was never going to get his commitment once he became affiliated with LSU. Baylor came in hard and made a good play to get him. Hats off to them, I guess. If the whole thing seems kind of funny to you...well, it should. Shades of OM here. Many shades.

Baylor really wasn't late to the game.  They offered in April, before the real recruiting wars had even started.

LSU never had any serious interest in GB.  They gave him one of the typical early-year offers that are just symbolic.  He got them from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and LSU, among others.  These are just psych moves by these programs.  Official visit invites start to show interest, but real interest is shown by who gets a committable offer.  Bohanon's final 4 were the best committable offers that he had.  No one in the SEC, outside of Arkansas, had tangible interest in him.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Snouty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2017, 12:01:15 pm
Brett didnt say "come hear what you've all been waiting to hear" either. That is a Hog lean.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Earle is 20 minutes from Memphis and they only get like one local station from Arkansas. That part of the state is more loyal to Tennessee and Mississippi than to Arkansas. Fayetteville is like a foreign country to people in the Delta. I wasn't surprised when DeAngelo Williams went to U of Memphis either for this reason.

riccoar

From an adult perspective, it does not make sense him choosing to go to a school with a smaller QB pool.  Because if you are THE MAN, competition should not scare you.  But from a kid's perspective, it makes sense to him.  Given Baylor's dumpster fire situation, even though they have a QB on scholly that should play the next two years, any change could happen and quickly if wins don't come.  I think in Gerry's eyes, it simply set up nicely to get a chance quicker to show his skills.

Like I said, I don't lament these kids who are going to sign and then have to work through the system going elsewhere.  It's when kids who could step on the field in their first year here that choose to go to programs and sit in the depth chart for 3 years.  THAT, I simply can't understand.

Cinco de Hogo

We offered the homegrown talent like we should, it's up to the player to make the final decision.  While I want them all, I want them to WANT to be Razorbacks even more.  If they don't they become persona non grata.  They aren't Arkansas and they aren't Razorbacks, nothing else matters in the world of sports.  In their personal life I hope they achieve happiness, that's all.

liljo

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 20, 2017, 08:28:46 am
We offered the homegrown talent like we should, it's up to the player to make the final decision.  While I want them all, I want them to WANT to be Razorbacks even more.  If they don't they become persona non grata.  They aren't Arkansas and they aren't Razorbacks, nothing else matters in the world of sports.  In their personal life I hope they achieve happiness, that's all.
Cheers to that! Well said.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

#1 STUNNA

all this negative talk about 1-11 baylor in the armpit of texas... and they have a top 25 recruiting class...smh...

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 20, 2017, 09:42:13 am
There is a reason Texans call Waco, "Wacko"
Yes they call it that because of the Branch Davidians. 

If you like Texas Hill Country then Waco is a nice little town.  Like most here, my preference is the Ozark mountain setting.

zebradynasty

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 20, 2017, 09:59:51 am
all this negative talk about 1-11 baylor in the armpit of texas... and they have a top 25 recruiting class...smh...

Also, it's not like Arkansas has been the bedrock of stability the last 10 years! The QB's we've had that were decent were judge on how well they could take a beating in the pocket! QB is important but OL is our most pressing need!

FraggleHog

Just to play Devils advocate... if he did the "hat trick" on Baylor and ended up selecting the Hogs, we'd all be talking about how awesome that was...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 20, 2017, 10:06:25 am
Also, it's not like Arkansas has been the bedrock of stability the last 10 years! The QB's we've had that were decent were judge on how well they could take a beating in the pocket! QB is important but OL is our most pressing need!

agreed... but we should not be losing recruits to programs like this. Kudos to Baylor for putting a solid class together also.

311Hog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 20, 2017, 10:14:38 am
agreed... but we should not be losing recruits to programs like this. Kudos to Baylor for putting a solid class together also.

Baylor is one of those programs to me that i am sure is on the verge of their next scandal all the time. So dirty i doubt they ever get clean.  When i see recruiting classes like the one they have now (good but not great but better than it should be) i cannot help but suspect foul play.

I will say i am not really that disappointed GB didn't sign with the Hogs i think the QB's on campus and Noland (possible Gunnell in 2019) will be more than good enough for next year(s). (would take him sure but like i said suspicious given that it is Baylor etc.).

bphi11ips

I don't post much in Recruiting but occassionally follow to check on big recruits especially. I was pretty vocal about KJ Hill and Solomon Thomas and how important I thought they were. I watched Bohannon's HUDL and don't see him as a big loss. Athletic, yes. But he is going to have to learn to play QB. It is obvious he has not had the instruction yet. It takes time to learn to play QB at the highest level. Connor Noland, on the other hand, looks like he can step in tomorrow.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

colbs

Haha he said he decided on Baylor a month ago.  LSU wasn't an option.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 20, 2017, 10:10:17 am
Just to play Devils advocate... if he did the "hat trick" on Baylor and ended up selecting the Hogs, we'd all be talking about how awesome that was...
Well it would be a little more equal if he did that in Waco, and it would be disrespectful there.

Paul

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on December 20, 2017, 05:40:58 am
Earle is 20 minutes from Memphis and they only get like one local station from Arkansas. That part of the state is more loyal to Tennessee and Mississippi than to Arkansas. Fayetteville is like a foreign country to people in the Delta. I wasn't surprised when DeAngelo Williams went to U of Memphis either for this reason.
That's not true. I'm from that area & most people I know are & will always be die -hard Hog fans. That old excuse doesn't hold any water. Please retire it

onebadrubi

lol you wanted to sound like you knew something, in the end you knew nothing and were completely wrong like we knew from the beginning.