Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Pelini

Started by Donny2665, December 07, 2017, 10:38:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2665

We should throw an offer his way! His defenses at LSU were pretty darn good!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

rtr

Where is Bo at?  Is he head coach at Youngstown St.?
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Donny2665

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 10:40:59 pm
Where is Bo at?  Is he head coach at Youngstown St.?
Yeah!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Großer Kriegschwein

He's also bat stuff crazy.
This is my non-signature signature.

Razor1997

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 07, 2017, 10:45:05 pm

One could argue that a great defense needs a little bit of that, though.

Donny2665

Dark Helmet Hog

Might need a little crazy for a good D.

ZERO

He just lost the FCS championship game last season.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HOGINTENNESSEE

Nope. I watched CBB put 70 on his soft Nebraska defense

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 07, 2017, 10:46:19 pm
Might need a little crazy for a good D.

That dude is John Wayne Gacy crazy.

Dark Helmet Hog

Donny2665

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 07, 2017, 10:47:08 pm

You do know CBB lost that previous matchup that same year, right?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 10:48:42 pm

regardless.

Bo Pelini is toxic to a football program.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 10:48:42 pm

Yeah and they put up 30+ on that soft Neb defense in that game

Edit it was 27.

Donny2665

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 07, 2017, 10:49:36 pm
Yeah and they put up 30+ on that soft Neb defense in that game
Was he the DC or the HC?

rtr

The Hawg Marshal

Hopefully CCM will make a better hire than that.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 10:51:38 pm
Was he the DC or the HC?

HC. But we can talk about his defense was shredded by Arkansas and Kentucky the year they became the first 2 loss NC at LSU

Großer Kriegschwein

Donny2665

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 07, 2017, 10:54:47 pm
HC. But we can talk about his defense was shredded by Arkansas and Kentucky the year they became the first 2 loss NC
Shredded?? LMAO! You had DMAC fighting to save Nutts job in that game! He is a damn good DC and would do wonders for us compared to WhT we have had!

rtr

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 10:56:32 pm
Shredded?? LMAO! You had DMAC fighting to save Nutts job in that game! He is a damn good DC and would do wonders for us compared to WhT we have had!
Arkansas Offensive Line had it's way LSU's Dline.  We had 3 backs rush for more than 100 yards that game.

Donny2665

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 10:57:54 pm
Arkansas Offensive Line had it's way LSU's Dline.  We had 3 backs rush for more than 100 yards that game.
Exaggerating much?? You might want to look that up! DMAC had 206, Hillis had 89 and Jones had 85! Like I said, DMAC was trying to save Nutts job!

Pig in the Pokey

go after venables and bud foster and make them say no first.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Mjs84

You know the man kicks his dog!

rtr

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 11:05:11 pm
Exaggerating much?? You might want to look that up! DMAC had 206, Hillis had 89 and Jones had 85! Like I said, DMAC was trying to save Nutts job!
OK, but still 380 yards rushing.  I saw that game our Oline dominated. Really not an exaggeration at all.

popcornhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 07, 2017, 10:49:33 pm
regardless.

He didn't seem toxic as DC at LSU.
WPS

Donny2665

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 11:46:54 pm
OK, but still 380 yards rushing.  I saw that game our Oline dominated.
Yeah, we dominated one game that year! Like I said, they were trying to save Nutts job that night! Pelini may not be the answer but he was a damn good DC!

popcornhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 07, 2017, 10:54:47 pm
HC. But we can talk about his defense was shredded by Arkansas and Kentucky the year they became the first 2 loss NC at LSU

....and....won an NC
WPS

rtr

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 11:48:36 pm
Yeah, we dominated one game that year! Like I said, they were trying to save Nutts job that night! Pelini may not be the answer but he was a damn good DC!
He was indeed.  Doubt if he wants to give up his gig at Youngstown St.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 07, 2017, 10:49:33 pm
regardless.

I think that is the right answer.  Not the kind of person you want on your team.. It only takes one bad apple.  I remember when the Royals were winning and they had a chance to get a couple of players, which they didn't get and the GM said, in so many words, they did not want to disrupt the atmosphere in the locker room. 

hawaiianhogster

Bring in the iron curtain from Pittsburgh. HAHAHAHAHA

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 11:52:51 pm
He was indeed.  Doubt if he wants to give up his gig at Youngstown St.

Tressel lets him do stuff like this:

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 07, 2017, 10:47:08 pm
That was the week after Matt Canada and Bielema got into it over placating. That was Canada's offense that scored 70
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I'd rather have Bo Derek.  ;)
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Großer Kriegschwein

Melancholy_Pigg

Only if he can bring his brother Carl with him.  It would be fun to watch Curles get body slammed by the Flying Pelini brothers. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on December 08, 2017, 12:37:13 am
Only if he can bring his brother Carl with him.  It would be fun to watch Curles get body slammed by the Flying Pelini brothers.

I doubt them two frog-looking morons could catch him.

Melancholy_Pigg

I used to watch Nebraska football just to see the Pelinis sideline antics.  You just don't get entertainment like that everyday.  And there is something special hearing a coach refer to himself in the 3rd person.  He is crazy.  His losses were often blowouts.  One time he was carted off the field because they thought he had a heart attack. 

But he is one of those guys that if you were walking out of a bar at 2am into a brawl, out of all the coaches currently active, he'd be the guy you'd want getting your back.  No doubt about it.

ICEman

Youngstown State - were all the former coaching greats go to rehabilitate!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

husker71

yea wait till he gets caught telling everybody you bad the fans are.  that is just one of the things that he did at Nebraska and we all know that Nebraska fans are the least loyal in all of college football lol.  You do not want him anywhere near this program.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 08, 2017, 12:21:20 am
That was the week after Matt Canada and Bielema got into it over placating. That was Canada's offense that scored 70

WTH does that matter? Gave up 70 in a conference Championship. He shouldnt be considered

shshark00

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 08, 2017, 06:36:51 am
2 loss NC. Worst NC in history

This is a joke right? A National Championship is a National Championship. It seems we've officially hit the "Hogville will argue about anything" portion of the thread.

BOAR_N2BWILD

No to Bo! He is a liability.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hogsanity

Bo is making over 2mil a year ( although his payments from Neb run out next Dec I believe ) as HC at Youngstown St. He will stay there until the NEb money runs out then find his way back into FBS somewhere as a HC most likely.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

farmhawg

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 07, 2017, 10:38:42 pm
We should throw an offer his way! His defenses at LSU were pretty darn good!
hell no.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

King Kong

Quote from: shshark00 on December 08, 2017, 07:24:42 am
This is a joke right? A National Championship is a National Championship. It seems we've officially hit the "Hogville will argue about anything" portion of the thread.

It's not impressive to win a NC with two losses to 8-4 IMO as well. Especially when his D got lit up in those games.

But yeah I would take a 2 loss NC

dmaxfan

People who are extremely great at certain things, usually are horrible in other areas. Like tesla. Extremely intelligent but nuts. Nolan Richardson though everyone was a racist, but he was an excellent bball coach.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

rljjr