Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

cosper misses a thre
swenson fouls at the other end
williams gets a steal
cosper turns it over (3)
Williams picks up her 10th board
monk misses a jumper but then hits a layup, hogs 57-54with 4:59 to go
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Monk followed her shot and also got the offensive rebound
cosper hits a layup for her 20th point
Charlotte comes back with a bucket on the other end mason hits a jumper for her 10th point, hogs 61-56
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Monk with 14 pts now
charlotte calls a to with 3:28 to go
cospe has played every minute tonight so far
charlottes two starters with four fouls are back in now

flippinhogmana

monk picks up a foul, her fourth
3:20 to go
ft good, both, and then mason turns it over, and wilson scores at the other end for Charlotte, 61-60
monk misses a layup but williams gets the offensive board and hits the first ft
and nits the second 63-60 hogs with 2:51 to go

flippinhogmana

williams pick up her 3rd foul on the other end
first ft good, and the second as well, one point game again swenson misses a three and charlotte takes the lead back on a bucket at the other end with @:15 to and williams hits a jumper on our end to take it back 65-64

flippinhogmana

one of the charlotte players fouls out on the other end
cosper hits a jumper to give the hogs a three point lead with 1:37 to go 67-64

flippinhogmana

Williams gets a block on Charlotte's end, and now no feed, I dont know what is happening in the last 1:06 of the game except the hogs were up by three, cosper hits a three! hogs up by six with :51 to go

flippinhogmana

cosper with 25, charlotte takes a to with :45 to go

flippinhogmana

Williams with 12 rebounds now, several of them offensive and several big blocked shots

flippinhogmana

charlotte with a layup and 40 seconds to go, down four

flippinhogmana

Charlotte fouls, with 20 to go

flippinhogmana

monk at the line hits the first (15, and misses the other) 71-66

flippinhogmana

20 seconds to go, charlotte down five

flippinhogmana

five seconds to and now three second charlotte hits a three, 71-69

flippinhogmana

they put four seconds on the clock hogs ball and a two point lead

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

charlotte foul, 01 to go

flippinhogmana

mason hits the first, and the second to go up by four
charlotte to

flippinhogmana

but we win this one unless they can figure out how to score four points in a single second

flippinhogmana

they do get a three but the final is 73-72 great win hogs!

flippinhogmana

monk with 15 pts, 3 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals
mason with 12 pts, 4 asssits, 4 boards, and a steal
williams with 12 boards, nine pts, 3 blocks, 4 steals
cosper with 25 pts, 14 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal
williams had 8 offensive rebounds
cosper with three

flippinhogmana

macy weaver played seven minutes and had 2 offensive rebounds, zimmer and NCB had some big moments as well as swenson, too

flippinhogmana

thomas didnt play so well, only four minutes and picked up 3 fouls but she did have a steal

hawgwatcher

Appreciate the updates during the game!
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

psycHOGlogist

Really liked what Williams brought to the game. She plays a bit out of control at times, and she was cold as ice at the FT line early, but after getting dominated on the boards in the 1H, she really came alive and gave it her all and got some clutch boards (and a clutch jumper) in the 4Q.

Zimmerman still doesn't look comfortable; neither does Swenson. Keep hoping they will round into shape. Swenson has hit some key shots, at least.

colemjh

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on December 07, 2017, 09:43:14 pm
Really liked what Williams brought to the game. She plays a bit out of control at times, and she was cold as ice at the FT line early, but after getting dominated on the boards in the 1H, she really came alive and gave it her all and got some clutch boards (and a clutch jumper) in the 4Q.

Zimmerman still doesn't look comfortable; neither does Swenson. Keep hoping they will round into shape. Swenson has hit some key shots, at least.

Zimmer played some good minutes early, her and Mason were the only two hogs keeping us in it in most of the first quarter.  I thought that Swenson is beginning to get it....but I dont know yet...we'll see.  I wonder if Weaver is getting it a bit more too.  I think Mason is getting it more and more for sure.  But I have to take my hat off to monk and especially Cosper tonight, career high in pts, and 14 boards, and played the entire game.  I wonder if her 3 second half turnovers and her fouls werent partly from fatigue.  But she laid it all out on the court for sure.