Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are Nowhere Near "Close"...

Started by WilsonHog, October 22, 2017, 08:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

...to being a good football team.

Our offensive line is statistically one of the worst in college football. Our receivers have trouble getting separation. Catching the football is also a bit of an issue. Our quarterbacks' completion percentage is around 57% which is horrible. Opposing offenses go through our defense like sh*t through a tin horn. I would not argue if someone called this the worst football team we have had since the days of Jack Crowe.

I'm pretty much ready for a few people, including our head coach and AD, to stop pissing on my feet and telling me it's raining. I'm about to drown, here.

Idahog

They'll have a great practice this week though.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dr. Starcs

I don't get why everyone seems so surprised at this. It's been clear for a while now.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Bonehog

We can't even get a kicker, a kicker! This guy doesn't have to be fast, strong, tall or football savvy, just has to kick a ball!  He can literally focus on one thing the entire time. His schedule is the easiest to make, calendar, kick ball written on every day!  That should tell you everything.
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Danimal

hoglady

I think this is the most frustrated I've ever been as a Hog fan.
And I've been around since Broyles was head coach.

If Long doesn't get rid of him this year - next season will not be pretty for Long or Bielema / many of the fans won't just sit idly by. It'll be Nutt 2.0 X 1,000.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WilsonHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:32:11 pm

If Long doesn't get rid of him this year - next season will not be pretty for Long or Bielema / many of the fans won't just sit idly by. It'll be Nutt 2.0 X 1,000.

Nutt at least had support left from some portions of our fan base, and had being an Arkansas guy in his favor. Bielema is not.

lakecityhog

Wilson, this is what gets me, if we had played most of the spring and all of the fall with the O'Line from the Bama game where would we be right now?

Stupid, stubborn or both????

NuttinItUp

Why is close in quotation marks? Doesn't make sense.

hogfan870

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 22, 2017, 08:40:10 pm
Why is close in quotation marks? Doesn't make sense.

Because Bielema has told us we were close

grayhawg

The only thing I see us being close to is the SEC cellar.

woodhog14

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:37:09 pm
Nutt at least had support left from some portions of our fan base, and had being an Arkansas guy in his favor. Bielema is not.
Nutt also had McFadden and Jones to keep fanswanting to come to games so they could watch those 2. We don't have anyone close to that talent now, so the fans really have nothing to see/hope for.

hoglady

Yes he did - especially here in Central Arkansas. Plus with Nutt - most games you thought you had a chance to win. I don't recall being this far down and the fan base feeling hopeless every game.
Plus, Bret appears to have checked out and Long has disappeared.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Mr. Porkleone

We're close.....we're having a good week. CBB

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogfan870 on October 22, 2017, 08:43:25 pm
Because Bielema has told us we were close

Still doesn't make sense in context.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 pm
Yes he did - especially here in Central Arkansas. Plus with Nutt - most games you thought you had a chance to win. I don't recall being this far down and the fan base feeling hopeless every game.

Long, in fact, is alive and well. He was tweeting about volleyball just yesterday.

hoglady

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:52:16 pm
Long, in fact, is alive and well. He was tweeting about volleyball just yesterday.

I didn't mean disappeared literally - seems to be staying far away from commenting on anything to do with the football team. I don't Tweet - but I don't believe he's active regarding the football team.

jst01

I think Long is doing what he is "supposed" to do. He's letting B.B. either prove he can do it, or prove he can't. Long is just waiting for the inevitable to happen so he can say he did his due diligence and is justified in his termination of B.B.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:55:20 pm
I didn't mean disappeared literally - seems to be staying far away from commenting on anything to do with the football team. I don't Tweet - but I don't believe he's active regarding the football team.

No, he's not at all.

PonderinHog

latrops

Plus he won more than CBB.  Bielema has underachieved by more than anyone could have reasonably imagined.

HogFoo

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 22, 2017, 08:39:37 pm
Wilson, this is what gets me, if we had played most of the spring and all of the fall with the O'Line from the Bama game where would we be right now?

this is my question.. well, it's not a question cuz I found out why we didn't and it falls on Anderson. He is the reason and he should have never been hired in the 1st place!  But, since he was he should have been fired way before now.  He has proven his methods stink. He has proven his personal agenda was worth more than him or his head coach keeping their job.  But yeah, things might have been different had this been the OLine we've used all year. But it wasn't. We've lost a lot and things look worse than in many years.  Time to clean house. 

Ive been a big hog fan for many years. Ice sat thru monsoons, I've driven thru ice for miles, I've sat thru freezing drizzle where I had a shell of ice covering my body when I left the stadium.  Ice sat thru a rain storm back in 2000 Tenn game where it felt like someone literally was dumping a bucket of water on my head!  Never once have I walked out of a game early. I've seen some bad losses over the years, but I never left a game early, that is until last night in the 3rd quarter.  It felt like a mass exodus started when people seen my family and I pick up and leave.  It was crazy.  This is a very bad feeling.  One of No Hope at this point.  And it sucks that we have fallen this far.

I don't doubt that when Bielema leaves that he may find a job elsewhere and be successful, but he just had too big of a job, and he proved to not be the coach to get it done.  I imagine our next coach will be the guy to takes us to the next level.  It sure isn't gonna happen under Bielema!  Took a while for me to realize this, but I finally do.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Letsroll1200

From top to bottom this team was unprepared for this season. Offense, defense and special teams.

johnny cash

Bret says we are after every loss.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2017, 09:03:32 pm
and getting closer...

Which is why I don't get the misery and frustration and drama.  We are having a bad season and the coach will be fired.  He was given his 5 seasons. It's like it's already settled he is coming back for some. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 09:39:08 pm
Which is why I don't get the misery and frustration and drama.  We are having a bad season and the coach will be fired.  He was given his 5 seasons. It's like it's already settled he is coming back for some. 

What???

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 22, 2017, 08:39:37 pm

Probably 3 losses.  Maybe 4.  And maybe stuck with a prolonged Bielema era. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 09:40:56 pm
What???

I don't get the frustration.  Bielema is failing to the point to get fired.  We have a clear answer. No doing just enough to stay employed.

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
I don't get the frustration.  Bielema is failing to the point to get fired.  We have a clear answer. No doing just enough to stay employed.

Well - a lot of folks on here think Long will give him year 6 - that's where the angst is coming from.
I can't imagine it.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bonehog on October 22, 2017, 08:29:40 pm
We can't even get a kicker, a kicker! This guy doesn't have to be fast, strong, tall or football savvy, just has to kick a ball!  He can literally focus on one thing the entire time. His schedule is the easiest to make, calendar, kick ball written on every day!  That should tell you everything.

Limpert is 4-4 with three outside 40 yards. Don't throw him under the bus too.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 09:45:57 pm
Well - a lot of folks on here think Long will give him year 6 - that's where the angst is coming from.
I can't imagine it.

If it happens I'll join in the angst.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 22, 2017, 08:45:50 pm
We're close.....we're having a good week. CBB

What's sad is, Ole Miss is winnable now that Patterson is out for the season. Win that and he could beat Miss State and Missouri at home and here we go again.

Pork Ranger

PonderinHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 22, 2017, 09:50:17 pm
What's sad is, Ole Miss is winnable now that Patterson is out for the season. Win that and he could beat Miss State and Missouri at home and here we go again.
I swear, if this happens, I'm gonna hunt [you] down!   >:(

OMG, this is probably what will happen!

Ramtough

We are nowhere near close to getting rid of Bret!! The main reason is the alumni keep buying tickets. Put 60-70 thousand Arkansas graduates in the stands with their families every game and the rest of us in the state will continue to find something else to do on our Saturdays!!! What a train wreck!!!

parallaxpig

We don't have the offense to out score them and zero defense to stop them. We lose both those games.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

jgphillips3

I've been saying since last night this is the worst coached team since Crowe.  What's sad is, that Crowe team that lost to the Citadel was poor on talent.  This team, by recruiting rankings, has top 25 talent.  This is the most embarrassing coaching job I've ever seen at the University in my 48 years.  Those kids are talented and work hard.  They deserve a better coach.

chiefhawg

You read it here first: Snyder retires from Kansas State at the end of this season. Snyder recommends Bielema as his replacement. Bielema takes the job.

Ramtough

I think we can still win 9. Wait 8. Okay 7. Geeez

Pork Twain

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:32:11 pm

Same here.  I cannot even begin to wrap my head around how much we have regressed in year five, the year it should all be coming together.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Cure

Receivers are talented but extremely young. They have to improve on not giving away their routes early and the line has to hold up for them to get some separation. You have to find a balance between using your QB's skillset and not overloading the inexperienced receivers, it's a contributing factor to going uptempo.

Offensive line. IDK.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Temprees

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:22:40 pm

Our offensive line is statistically one of the worst in college football. Our receivers have trouble getting separation. Catching the football is also a bit of an issue. Our quarterbacks' completion percentage is around 57% which is horrible. Opposing offenses go through our defense like sh*t through a tin horn. I would not argue if someone called this the worst football team we have had since the days of Jack Crowe.

I'm pretty much ready for a few people, including our head coach and AD, to stop pissing on my feet and telling me it's raining. I'm about to drown, here.
Just remember "1-0"

rude1

Quote from: chiefhawg on October 22, 2017, 10:05:36 pm
You read it here first: Snyder retires from Kansas State at the end of this season. Snyder recommends Bielema as his replacement. Bielema takes the job.
Might be a worse fit for Bielema ball in that conference than here. That conference is littered with spread uptempo offenses that can put points up on you in a hurry.

Piggfoot

Quote from: hoglady on October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 pm
Long was at the game yesterday on the Arkansas sideline.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hoglady

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 22, 2017, 10:21:11 pm
Long was at the game yesterday on the Arkansas sideline.

Again - not literally disappeared. He's been silent since the losing started. I think he tweeted after the TCU loss but has been silent since. No encouraging words for the team or the fans on Twitter. He usually shows up as a call in guest on some of the sports radio shows and there hasn't been any of that, either.

Hawgzinbowlz

There are serious doubts that JL will remedy this train wreck...CBB is his guy and it would be very difficult to admit this was a bad hire and send Bielema packing.

Higher ups need to intervene...Razorback Nation deserves better...Much better.

" GO HOGS "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: grayhawg on October 22, 2017, 08:44:40 pm
The only thing I see us being close to is the SEC cellar.
Sorry, one slight correction: We're not close, we're there!! Rock bottom and not looking better any time soon. Sad, sad, sad.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:22:40 pm

Quit sitting like this dumbass...!
;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.