Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"...a dirty pair of coaches..."

Started by Martygit, September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Auburn offering full refunds on bball season tickets, do you think the auburn AD survives this? i mean Pearl is no stranger to breaking the rules.

Redhogs

Quote from: 31to6 on September 27, 2017, 11:48:48 am
If he cheats in recruiting, he is epically bad at it.
Bet he wishes he could recruit Bert...so he could win 6 games a year and have that awesome SEC record Bert has....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

EastexHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:17:01 am
I haven't suggested that Petrino was involved. In fact, earlier in this very thread, I said this is an indictment of their AD and basketball program, but not CBP. You would benefit from figuring it out before you accuse.

Oh, my reading for comprehension is just fine.  You responded to hawgon's post about Petrino's buyout being cut in half by saying he was just mad that his "win at all costs" philosophy just took a huge shiner.  Why would a Razorback fan be mad about Jurich and Rick Pitino being fired?  You were clearly lumping Petrino in with the win at all costs group as well.

Pig in the Pokey

Dan Wolken‏Verified account @DanWolken  3h3 hours ago
More
Interesting note just pointed out to me. If Tom Jurich gets fired, Bobby Petrino's buyout goes down to $4.25 million this year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Next1_04

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 11:59:37 am
Bet he wishes he could recruit Bert...so he could win 6 games a year and have that awesome SEC record Bert has....

Your Petrino erection is showing. Very small of course, but showing none the less.

31to6

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 11:59:37 am
hahaha.. good point I suppose.

Petrino is a top-notch coach.

But nobody would accuse him of being a good recruiter.

His "human repulsion field" style of recruiting just doesn't resonate with, well, human beings. :P

gchamblee

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 12:00:18 pm
Oh, my reading for comprehension is just fine.  You responded to hawgon's post about Petrino's buyout being cut in half by saying he was just mad that his "win at all costs" philosophy just took a huge shiner.  Why would a Razorback fan be mad about Jurich and Rick Pitino being fired?  You were clearly lumping Petrino in with the win at all costs group as well.

I didn't clearly do any such thing. You clearly misunderstood what I posted. Win at all costs is not isolated to just 1 sport. If the AD has that mentality, they would employ it across multiple sports. Why sell out to win in basketball but not any of the other revenue generating sports? I was speaking in general terms. You are working really hard here to trip me up with my words but failing. I'm not sure what your motivation here is.

Redhogs

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 27, 2017, 12:04:06 pm
Your Petrino erection is showing. Very small of course, but showing none the less.
How can you see that.......while Bert has you bent over??

hawgon

All I know is that if Petrino ends up at Texas A&M, Jeff Long needs to be drawn and quartered on the lawn of Old Main.

gchamblee

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 12:07:59 pm
How can you see that.......while Bert has you bent over??

You must be |----This Mature -------| to post in this thread

311Hog

Petrino is goin lead the SCLSU Mud Dogs to the bourbon bowl !

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 12:10:33 pm
All I know is that if Petrino ends up at Texas A&M, Jeff Long needs to be drawn and quartered on the lawn of Old Main.

Why? Because he fired a man that forced him to fire him?

Redhogs

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 12:11:18 pm
You must be |----This Mature -------| to post in this thread
Really? guess you didn't read the post that it was in reply to...not that it's your business. Please block me, and I'll do the same for you.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:50:24 am
If we had had Cam Newton in that Auburn game and they had had Mallett and Wilson, we win by two touchdowns and the NC that year.

All Arkansas needed was fair officiating really....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: 31to6 on September 27, 2017, 12:04:16 pm
hahaha.. good point I suppose.

Petrino is a top-notch coach.

But nobody would accuse him of being a good recruiter.

His "human repulsion field" style of recruiting just doesn't resonate with, well, human beings. :P

BP looks for misfits and the overlooked and puts them into a Marine Corps type system.....

Trey Flower, Philon, Byron Jones are his type players......

Razorbackers

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 12:37:33 pm

BP looks for misfits and the overlooked and puts them into a Marine Corps type system.....

Trey Flower, Philon, Byron Jones are his type players......

Lonnie Gosha, Vince Asoceles, That canadian kid who's name I forgot...

johnny cash

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 11:07:20 am
this is day 1 of the aftermath. I am curious if more than just the Louisville duo lose their jobs today.

I expect to see lots of people fired in the coming days.
its going to get ugly.

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 11:21:25 am
I have no difficulties picturing Auburn giving it a go.

Bigger question is would BP agree to their pay to play scheme?

You can bet the Gus bus is as dirty as they come

IronHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 12:40:18 pm
Lonnie Gosha, Vince Asoceles, That canadian kid who's name I forgot...

Marquel Wade

BP take a 10 cent head kid like him and win ball games.

mckinneyhog5

If we had had Cam Newton in that Auburn game and they had had Mallett and Wilson, we win by two touchdowns and the NC that year.
Is that like your prediction that Okie State would be up on TCU 47-0 at halftime?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

gchamblee

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 12:42:15 pm
Is that like your prediction that Okie State would be up on TCU 47-0 at halftime?

hawgon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 27, 2017, 12:42:15 pm

No, it's more like the one where I said that TCU would walk in there and beat OSU down.  You know, made with the benefit of hindsight having seen what actually happened.

Razorbackers

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 12:42:08 pm

Marquel Wade

BP take a 10 cent head kid like him and win ball games.

All I remember him doing is getting ejected from a game and leaving the school.

gchamblee

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 12:46:07 pm

Flipped the crowd off while leaving

Razorbackers

You mean if we had the best college QB of his generation, we'd have won more games?

Go on.

IronHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 12:46:07 pm

He got ejected for a hit on punt coverage.

Don't expect anyone on the current roster to get there in time for a penalty

gchamblee

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 12:51:18 pm

I was ok with the hit. Looked like an honest mistake. The way he behaved while leaving the field made me want him kicked off the team. It was embarrassing.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 12:44:44 pm
No, it's more like the one where I said that TCU would walk in there and beat OSU down.  You know, made with the benefit of hindsight having seen what actually happened.
QuoteOSU scores 45 in the first half.

My reply
QuoteNope..ill be sure to look you up at halftime of that game.

Sorry, I misquoted you.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 12:52:40 pm
I was ok with the hit. Looked like an honest mistake. The way he behaved while leaving the field made me want him kicked off the team. It was embarrassing.

I remember Veltkamp basically grabbing him by the scruff of his neck and dragging his ass back to the locker room.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 12:51:18 pm

It's funny too.  I remember how everyone in the media and half the people on this board talked about how he was a bad kid and that it was evidence of dirty play under Petrino.  The A&M kid did the same thing the other day and it's crickets.

311Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 12:53:38 pm
It's funny too.  I remember how everyone in the media and half the people on this board talked about how he was a bad kid and that it was evidence of dirty play under Petrino.  The A&M kid did the same thing the other day and it's crickets.

i maybe wrong but i am pretty sure the A&M kid didn't get dragged off the field firing the double one finger salute.

Razorbackers

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 12:52:40 pm

Fair catch was called with 2 hand gestures, and the ball never even got to him.

That is the dirtiest hit by a hog player in my lifetime, probably.

gchamblee

You should go back and watch the 2 again.

gchamblee

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 12:55:26 pm
Uhh

Fair catch was called with 2 hand gestures, and the ball never even got to him.

That is the dirtiest hit by a hog player in my lifetime, probably.

They way he celebrated after the hit was a clear indication that he thought he had made a good play. It is obvious to me that he did not see the fair catch signal.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 12:56:52 pm
They way he celebrated after the hit was a clear indication that he thought he had made a good play. It is obvious to me that he did not see the fair catch signal.

That was fricking awesome.  What I wouldn't give to have a team with players who had fire enough to screw up that badly today.

IronHog

If he'd been premed he'd have never hit anyone that hard.....

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 12:57:57 pm
That was fricking awesome.  What I wouldn't give to have a team with players who had fire enough to screw up that badly today.

Ridiculous.

Razorbackers

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 12:56:52 pm

If he thought he made a good play then he didn't have any understanding of the game of football.

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 12:58:32 pm
Ridiculous.

Some of you jacklegs act like you think it is just coincidence that Razorback team virtually willed its way to victory on that day in Nashville after playing terribly for pretty much the whole day and this team we have now falls all over itself looking for ways to lose games.

gchamblee

hawgon

Neither we nor anyone else should be crowing about this.  Nike's records just got subpoenaed on this as well.

There is no telling where this ends up.  This could be an all out assault on the very structure of the NCAA itself.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 01:00:36 pm
Some of you jacklegs act like you think it is just coincidence that Razorback team virtually willed its way to victory on that day in Nashville after playing terribly for pretty much the whole day and this team we have now falls all over itself looking for ways to lose games.

I disagree. I have seen plenty of games where CBB teams have fought tooth and nail to win a game, even if falling just short. If you didn't watch the BA vs Dak game in total awe you missed a great moment in sports history. That entire game was a highlight reel of 2 teams that simply refused to lose. It was a shame either team had to.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 01:10:30 pm
Neither we nor anyone else should be crowing about this.  Nike's records just got subpoenaed on this as well.

There is no telling where this ends up.  This could be an all out assault on the very structure of the NCAA itself.

The NCAA needs to be in the crosshairs since this happened on their watch. The fact that the FBI had to blow this up while the NCAA sits there as much a spectator as the rest of us speaks volumes.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 01:00:36 pm

Franklin scored on fumble recovery to flip the game....

That team got better every game after that win.

hawgon

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 01:11:51 pm
I disagree. I have seen plenty of games where CBB teams have fought tooth and nail to win a game, even if falling just short. If you didn't watch the BA vs Dak game in total awe you missed a great moment in sports history. That entire game was a highlight reel of 2 teams that simply refused to lose. It was a shame either team had to.

It is a fact of life.  Losers lose, even when trying hard.  Winners win, even when they don't have their best days. 

The difference is in attitude and preparation to win.

Razorbackers

Quote from: IronHog on September 27, 2017, 01:13:21 pm

Franklin scored on fumble recovery to flip the game....

That team got better every game after that win.

The Ole Miss game would like a word.

Edit: The OM game was the week before. That was a bad 2 game stretch lol. Nevermind.

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 01:11:51 pm

Just like ATM vs Arkansas

The attack team wins while the play not to lose unit comes up just short.....

hogsanity

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 10:56:08 am
It is being reported on radio that Pitino met with the board for less than 3 minutes before being fired. This might have death penalty possibilities.

NCAA will never give the death penalty to a p5, probably not to any fbs level school in either football or basketball again. Too much $ involved.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 27, 2017, 01:14:42 pm
The Ole Miss game would like a word.

Dennis Johnson was there......it was ok

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 27, 2017, 01:14:52 pm
NCAA will never give the death penalty to a p5, probably not to any fbs level school in either football or basketball again. Too much $ involved.

NCAA may not have a choice. This thing may envelope the NCAA to.