Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Cut Day

Started by woo.pig, September 02, 2017, 12:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woo.pig

September 02, 2017, 12:30:08 pm Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:07:02 pm by woo.pig
Drew Morgan - Cut by Miami
Alex Collins - Cut by Seattle
Zac Hocker - Cut by Tampa Bay
Knile Davis - Cut by Pittsburgh
Cobi Hamilton - Cut by Pittsburgh
Tevin Mitchel - Cut by Indianapolis
Keon Hatcher - Cut by Oakland
Javontee Herndon - Cut by Dallas
Dan Skipper - Cut by Dallas
Sam Irwin-Hill - Cut by Dallas
Cody Hollister - Cut by New England

Bubba's Bruisers

Well not too surprising.  Morgan was always a marginal NFL caliber guy.  Maybe someone will pick him up.  Collins has seemingly been walking a tight rope since in NFL, but not sure what the RB situation is in Pittsburgh now that Bell has arrived.  And has Hocker ever made a 53 man roster?  Can't remember.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tejano Jawg

I'm kinda more surprised by Morgan. Maybe it's just that I've seen him for so many years playing for us. I always thought he had that something-extra after the catch. And that he'd fit in somewhere in the League.

On Collins, one of those pre-season fumbles may have turned the tide for him. Seems like I heard he was looking good in camp.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 02, 2017, 12:49:35 pm
I'm kinda more surprised by Morgan. Maybe it's just that I've seen him for so many years playing for us. I always thought he had that something-extra after the catch. And that he'd fit in somewhere in the League.

On Collins, one of those pre-season fumbles may have turned the tide for him. Seems like I heard he was looking good in camp.

That is the most surprising thing to me was the fact that I know that Morgan and Collins played great in camps, but never really seemed to be given a ton of opportunity on the field during the games. I understand that AC sealed his fate with his fumbles, but it just seemed like the other RBs on the roster were getting the nod before the fumble even occurred.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

TomasPistola

Collins is so talented. He could help an NFL roster. Hate that for him. Any word on the Cowboys keeping Skipper? Unlikely I know.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Brandon Allen make the Jags?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Karma on September 02, 2017, 01:41:51 pm

Would be absolutely shocked if he didn't make it.  No way I'd dump him leaving only Bortles and Henne.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

southeasthog

Quote from: Karma on September 02, 2017, 01:41:51 pm
Bobby in negotiations with them to keep him.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

sickboy

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 02, 2017, 12:49:35 pm

Seattle also has too many backs to keep around. Someone was going to go. Collins will get an opportunity somewhere else. Don't know about Morgan, but I had heard good things out of his camp time in Miami.

Bubba's Bruisers

Collins and Davis probably have best changes of getting picked up.  Then maybe Hamilton and Morgan.

I guess Hamilton was screwed when NFL reinstated Bryant.

alohawg

I think AC gets picked up, really surprised Hatcher was cut.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: alohawg on September 02, 2017, 01:52:21 pm
I think AC gets picked up, really surprised Hatcher was cut.

Man, I loved Hatcher.  Was a consistent, reliable player for us.  But never saw him as elite.  Very questionable NFL talent IMO.  Not surprised at all.  Of course, Oakland could be loaded at WR. 

longpig

Wow!  There's a whole lot of Hogs being kept so far.
Don't be scared, be smart.

alohawg

Hatcher looked great in their last game Thursday, maybe it was noticed. I'd love to see Jerry sign him to the ps.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

woo.pig

3 pm deadline to have rosters set

woo.pig

Drew should get picked up on a practice squad. PS is not a bad gig, you make $7,200 per week

daprospecta

Quote from: woo.pig on September 02, 2017, 12:30:08 pm
Drew Morgan - Cut by Miami
Alex Collins - Cut by Seattle
Zac Hocker - Cut by Tampa Bay
Knile Davis - Cut by Pittsburgh
Cobi Hamilton - Cut by Pittsburgh
Tevin Mitchel - Cut by Indianapolis
Keon Hatcher - Cut by Oakland
Javontee Herndon - Cut by Dallas

Everyone on this list minus Herndon and Mitchel and Hocker will be on a team this year whether it's late pickup or practice squad.

woo.pig

Dan Skipper added to list

woo.pig

woo.pig