Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 4-Star QB Ty Evans Announces Arkansas Commitment

Started by Pig Power, July 18, 2017, 11:33:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Power

ricepig

TexasRazorback

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

tophawg19

we keep rolling in qualty QB's . proud to see this one .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

we ain't never had a walk on at this level. lmbo . this kid is a big time steal both Ohio State and Notre Dame were after him hard among others

a0ashle

Love Colorado Hogs! Last one was pretty alright!

I guess I need to make it to one of his games this year.

greenie

Pretty impressed with his video, and then was even more impressed when I realized these were highlights from his Sophomore year.
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5225450/5840d3ae5b3cda20d44493cb

Wildhog

Enos gets his guys early.  Love it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

If you're a QB you would have to like Enos' film while at Arkansas.  Except for the OL letting Austin Allen get curb stomped last season.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BigSexyHog

Very nice.... Sounds like a solid kid.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hogs49ers

FYI - Scout has him as a 4 star and ranked as the #9 QB in the country in the 2019 class.  (They only list 13 total 4-star QBs in the country).

http://www.scout.com/player/214028-ty-evans

Here is a great article on Scout: http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1791928-2019-qb-evans-discusses-arkansas-commitment

"I'm their first commitment in 2019, so I'll be leading the charge in the class. They told me I am definitely going to help out with the recruiting process, especially being the first one to commit and as a quarterback."

I did just find a worrisome article on Scout that has him talking about ND as his dream school:  http://www.scout.com/college/notre-dame/story/1776260-i-was-ready-to-walk-to-Indiana

"Notre Dame is one of the select schools, in my mind, if they offered me when I went up there in June, I'd take it on the spot," Evans said. "I was talking to my mom and she said that when I was born, she said, 'finally, another Notre Dame football player.'"

So that worries me that if he does end up getting an offer to ND, it may be hard to keep him committed.  I hope I am wrong, but I just have a bad taste in my mouth after Luke Ford and Reggie Perry - hopefully he is a bit more loyal than those guys...
SCREW Vandy!

tophawg19

it was between him and Gunnel . I think our coaches favored Evans slightly but would have been more than happy with either one . Gunnels commitment to the AG's made it even easier . Gunnel having hog ties made it where we were in on two of the best

King Kong

We moved very quickly on him after losing our 5 star Legacy to A&M.

Coaches must really like him

Wildhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2017, 01:23:49 pm
it was between him and Gunnel . I think our coaches favored Evans slightly but would have been more than happy with either one . Gunnels commitment to the AG's made it even easier . Gunnel having hog ties made it where we were in on two of the best

Gunnell was our #1.  Regardless, Evans was next on our list and I'm thrilled to get him on board so early.
1909/1964/1965/1977

247Hog

Excited to have him as a Hog. Hopefully since he has some time before arriving here, he'll get to spend some time taking snaps under center.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

GoHogzzGo

Whoa. Awesome! For a running school we are always set at QB goodness.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

little pigee

July 18, 2017, 02:35:17 pm #18 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:52:17 pm by little pigee
Arkansas has found its quarterback for the 2019 class.

Monument (Colo.) Lewis-Palmer quarterback Ty Evans revealed his commitment to Arkansas moments ago.

Evans chose the Razorbacks over offers from Colorado, Colorado State, Kansas State and Northwestern.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

gchamblee

tampahog

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 18, 2017, 02:19:59 pm
Whoa. Awesome! For a running school we are always set at QB goodness.
Agree.  When CBB was hired, I was worried about our ability to attract QBs and receivers but I've been pleasantly surprised here.

little pigee

Better?  Don't be scare.

Great article in the paper about him.  Coach says he is a better person than a player!

gchamblee

little pigee

Hogtimes

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2017, 12:08:31 pm
we ain't never had a walk on at this level. lmbo . this kid is a big time steal both Ohio State and Notre Dame were after him hard among others
[/quote

Are you sure about that. I saw he had offers from Colorado,  Colorado State, Kansas State and Northwestern.   Did not see  where he had offers from Notre Dame or OSU.   He said Notre Dame was his dream school and if they had offered he would have accepted.

TebowHater

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 18, 2017, 12:58:12 pm
If you're a QB you would have to like Enos' film while at Arkansas.

Totally agree - but it is kind of sad for the kid (and us) because there is basically zero chance Enos coaches him.

AirWarren

I'll believe it when his name is signed on the dotted line.

King Kong

Quote from: AP85 on July 18, 2017, 03:45:35 pm
I'll believe it when his name is signed on the dotted line.

Lol ok

It's not like everyone was knocking down this kids door

Wildhog

Quote from: King Kong on July 18, 2017, 03:54:39 pm
Lol ok

It's not like everyone was knocking down this kids door

Not yet.  He's a 2019 kid.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogfanfish

Could we still lose him? sure, but his parents are planning on moving to wherever he attends school. That requires changing jobs, selling a home, and purchasing a new one. I think he is a little more solid than a normal recruit because his parents will not be able to just change plans mid-semester.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfanfish on July 18, 2017, 04:37:24 pm
Could we still lose him? sure, but his parents are planning on moving to wherever he attends school. That requires changing jobs, selling a home, and purchasing a new one. I think he is a little more solid than a normal recruit because his parents will not be able to just change plans mid-semester.

Sure..... That's what they say now.

Already has some of you fooled and he isn't even out of high school yet

Wildhog

Quote from: AP85 on July 18, 2017, 04:54:00 pm

I mean, the vast majority of commitments stick.
1909/1964/1965/1977

daBoar

July 18, 2017, 05:30:17 pm #32 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:52:48 pm by daBoar
Quote from: a0ashle on July 18, 2017, 12:10:27 pm
Love Colorado Hogs!
Me too......I've lived there three times, already.

Just a great, great start at 2019.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: TebowHater on July 18, 2017, 03:30:30 pm
Totally agree - but it is kind of sad for the kid (and us) because there is basically zero chance Enos coaches him.

I don't feel that way.  Of course 2019 is quite a way down the road but Enos has probably had chances to leave and hasn't.  He might actually like it at Arkansas.

moto625

Where is he a four star? 5.7 on rivals not rated on 247

tophawg19

Quote from: Hogtimes on July 18, 2017, 03:27:42 pm
Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2017, 12:08:31 pm
[/quote

Are you sure about that. I saw he had offers from Colorado,  Colorado State, Kansas State and Northwestern.   Did not see  where he had offers from Notre Dame or OSU.   He said Notre Dame was his dream school and if they had offered he would have accepted.
both OSU and Notre Dame have had him in on unofficial visits .

little pigee

Quote from: moto625 on July 18, 2017, 07:34:30 pm
Where is he a four star? 5.7 on rivals not rated on 247
He is a four-star recruit on Scout and a three-star on Rivals.  Dick.

AugustaHog

He has good height and put up some great numbers as a soph.  Enos identifies his guy early and goes and gets him.  I agree that Gunnell was the top name on the list, but as soon as he was off the board, they put the full court press on Evans.  CDE obviously likes this guy a ton to have done so at this early stage.  Glad to have Ty jump on board!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 19, 2017, 09:07:49 am
He has good height and put up some great numbers as a soph.  Enos identifies his guy early and goes and gets him.  I agree that Gunnell was the top name on the list, but as soon as he was off the board, they put the full court press on Evans.  CDE obviously likes this guy a ton to have done so at this early stage.  Glad to have Ty jump on board!

I also think that Ty Evans will blow up and move within the top 5 QBs after he adds a bit of weight to his frame over the next couple years in highschool.  I honestly think his slim build compared to some of the higher ranked QBs is the only thing holding him back from having an offer from every elite school in the country.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogtimes

July 19, 2017, 11:55:16 am #39 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:29:23 pm by Hogtimes
Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2017, 07:40:56 pm
both OSU and Notre Dame have had him in on unofficial visits .

Yeah....but that is not going hard after him....by OSU, Notre Dame or others for that matter.

jgphillips3

We probably don't think about it much, but being a pro-style team with a focus on the running game actually lets the QB shine without getting him killed.  Plus, it prepares them for the pros.  I think that is why we keep getting top notch QB's.

Wildhog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 19, 2017, 01:55:32 pm
We probably don't think about it much, but being a pro-style team with a focus on the running game actually lets the QB shine without getting him killed.  Plus, it prepares them for the pros.  I think that is why we keep getting top notch QB's.

Our QB got killed last season. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

247Hog

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on July 18, 2017, 07:29:47 pm
I don't feel that way.  Of course 2019 is quite a way down the road but Enos has probably had chances to leave and hasn't.  He might actually like it at Arkansas.

Enos could be our next HC if things don't work out.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: AP85 on July 18, 2017, 04:54:00 pm

Nice job. Heck, according to you I'm not sure why the kid ever even committed to us since your crystal ball obviously sees him recommitting within the next several hours. Not sure why we even tried 'cause we're going to lose him anyway.  :'( :puke:

gchamblee

Quote from: little pigee on July 18, 2017, 09:03:24 pm
He is a four-star recruit on Scout and a three-star on Rivals.  Dick.

lol. you are alright in my book.

HogHomer

Quote from: 247Hog on July 19, 2017, 02:18:31 pm
Enos could be our next HC if things don't work out.
Only way Enos will become HC is if things do work out and CBB gets a NFL head coaching job. If Coach B gets fired I doubt there will be many hold overs from the current staff. Most will be wanting a HC without connections to the current.

rljjr

Man, you guys can twist a commitment thread so fast it messes you up.

Bubba's Bruisers

Enos doing work again.  Best coach on the staff.  Excellent job. 

Welcome, Mr. Evans.  Thrilled to have you.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

AirWarren

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 19, 2017, 02:44:24 pm
Nice job. Heck, according to you I'm not sure why the kid ever even committed to us since your crystal ball obviously sees him recommitting within the next several hours. Not sure why we even tried 'cause we're going to lose him anyway.  :'( :puke:

Kj hill
DGB
Luke Ford
Perrry
Etc.

Like I said. Dotted line signatures is what matters.

Wildhog

I can't remember a QB decommitting off the top of my head.
1909/1964/1965/1977