Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange Theory

Started by Karma, July 11, 2017, 03:24:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone tried this? It's expensive, but I know people who say it's awesome. I'm not in great cardio shape.

McKdaddy

Several of my friends love it.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 11, 2017, 05:26:18 am
Several of my friends love it.
I've talked to people who have shed weight and are addicted to it. I need to give it a try.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Karma on July 11, 2017, 03:07:02 pm
I've talked to people who have shed weight and are addicted to it. I need to give it a try.

The results are certainly evident for those going to OTF.  However, the location in my city isn't very close to me, so I'm satisfied w/ my nearby gym membership and trainer I pay for a 1x/month consultation.  I've worked w/ a trainer in this manner since Jan '14, utilizing HIIT workouts w/ heart-rate monitoring to attempt maximize weight-loss and increase endurance.....similar to OTF.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 11, 2017, 04:00:31 pm
The results are certainly evident for those going to OTF.  However, the location in my city isn't very close to me, so I'm satisfied w/ my nearby gym membership and trainer I pay for a 1x/month consultation.  I've worked w/ a trainer in this manner since Jan '14, utilizing HIIT workouts w/ heart-rate monitoring to attempt maximize weight-loss and increase endurance.....similar to OTF.
I think HIIT is where it is at. It's hard for me to replicate on my own.

Tai_Mai_Shu

It's great if you can afford it. For me I can't and it's about 35-40 mins drive from home.

BigSexyHog

$40 plus dollars a month and can only got 1 per week... Think I will pass.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Jackrabbit Hog

I joined in November and I've become a convert.  For years I was stubborn and felt I knew best how I needed to work out my body, at my own pace.  OT isn't that at all.  It's very structured and it's a constant 55 minute workout utilizing treadmills, rowing machines and floor/weight exercises.  And you have a "coach" urging you on and barking commands.  Just the thing I thought I'd hate.

But I've been at it for just short of four months - usually 3-4 times a week - and I'm liking it now.  I'm fortunate in that I've never needed to lose weight; I've just needed to redistribute, tone up, and get in better cardio shape.  I'm seeing all of that. 

So yeah, I'd recommend it to anybody who is looking for a good place to work out.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.