Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's visiting today?

Started by parallaxpig, June 23, 2017, 10:13:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Any of you guru's tell me who's visiting today?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Richard Davenport

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The Hawg Marshal

I know Darius's dad really well. He comes from a great family. I really hope we get him.

NoogaHog

I hope we get him, too.

Now, I don't follow recruiting very closely, and I certainly don't have every kid's name memorized. So I didn't remember who Darius was. So, I looked his video up on Hudl. His first video is short, about 90 seconds long. I haven't watched many OL videos. So I'm watching...yeah looks good, holding his blocks, getting downfield on screens and sweeps, looks great. Sign him up... Then I also noticed, that #73 looks like a hoss, too. Big and strong, moves people around.  I wonder who he is. So I look it up -- that's Noah Gatlin, who has already commited.

Sweet! I'll take two. They both look good. Let's get them both on the Hill!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rljjr

He is a hoss for sure. I think he's a 2019 guy but I could be wrong.

NoogaHog

Yes, 2019. Not as big as Gatlin, but may be more mobile. Will probably be bigger in 2 years if he makes it to the Hill.

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 23, 2017, 04:30:14 pm
Yes, 2019. Not as big as Gatlin, but may be more mobile. Will probably be bigger in 2 years if he makes it to the Hill.

More athletic than Noah, but both still need improvement on handling speed rushes. They'll both be good in time.

NoogaHog

I'm no expert, and I'm spitballing here, but does Gatlin project more as a guard for us? I know he is long, but he looks big and strong. He really seems to move people around and out muscle them more than out run them or push them off the edge. he really seems to swallow people up. 

ricepig

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 23, 2017, 05:03:02 pm
I'm no expert, and I'm spitballing here, but does Gatlin project more as a guard for us? I know he is long, but he looks big and strong. He really seems to move people around and out muscle them more than out run them or push them off the edge. he really seems to swallow people up. 

He pulls a lot and gets out on the tunnel screen in Jonesboro's offense, I think he's quick enough for tackle, seems quicker than Skipper. Truthfully, my concern is playing with his hand on the ground, Jonesboro won't run 10 plays in his career in a 3 point stance. It may not make a difference, but it isn't what he or Darius is used to.

NoogaHog

Thanks for the input. I hope we get a chance to see how they develop as Hogs.

tophawg19

Rice hopefully he gets a couple years to get ready before having to play here .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 23, 2017, 07:12:06 pm
Rice hopefully he gets a couple years to get ready before having to play here .

I wish they didn't even make 2nd team until they were redshirt sophomores, that we had proven upper class guys playing ahead of them.

tophawg19

i truly agree with you there those 5th year Srs are our key to competing , let the training and experience over come the higher talent level of the other teams
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins