Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trench camp offers

Started by ricepig, June 18, 2017, 04:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Love it when in-staters earn offers.  Especially OL.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on June 18, 2017, 04:51:13 pm
Love it when in-staters earn offers.  Especially OL.

Me too. I hope at least 3 get offers.

orgkeith

Kid from Searcy was there that measured 6-5 1-2 349 in his bare feet.  Broke his leg last year and missed the season. Had been playing TE and was one of the fastest kids on the team before the injury.  Green needs to have a big senior year to get some attention.  Said to have run a 4.9 before the injury, now 5.2.

NorthChuckHog

The D line men from Springdale earned an offer as well

nwahogfan1

Quote from: orgkeith on June 18, 2017, 05:15:12 pm
Kid from Searcy was there that measured 6-5 1-2 349 in his bare feet.  Broke his leg last year and missed the season. Had been playing TE and was one of the fastest kids on the team before the injury.  Green needs to have a big senior year to get some attention.  Said to have run a 4.9 before the injury, now 5.2.

Wow. Hey a 5.2 is good for his size.  Was he at the camp?  Is he a good kid with grades?

orgkeith

lumphog

Quote from: NorthChuckHog on June 18, 2017, 06:34:58 pm
The D line men from Springdale earned an offer as well
Isaiah COMMITED!!!!! We got 2 D-Linemen commits tonight

Oklahawg

Quote from: lumphog on June 18, 2017, 10:39:23 pm
Isaiah COMMITED!!!!! We got 2 D-Linemen commits tonight

I think this is a misread of a confusing tweet - kid announces his reception of an offer, not that he is announcing his commitment. Look for a late summer decision (as I understand it).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

With all the solid OL and DL options on UA's board right now I am wondering if we can't squeeze an extra body or two in the recruiting class. Pretty please?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 18, 2017, 11:03:38 pm
With all the solid OL and DL options on UA's board right now I am wondering if we can't squeeze an extra body or two in the recruiting class. Pretty please?

I hear any signings over 12 or 13 means some one has to vacate a spot. Is that correct? I hear we have promised two spots to blue shirts.

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 19, 2017, 08:32:40 am
I hear any signings over 12 or 13 means some one has to vacate a spot. Is that correct? I hear we have promised two spots to blue shirts.

We'll sign around 18, with 2 being Clary and Henry already on campus. We don't have room for that many "officially", but normal attrition will get us 3-5.

tophawg19

i think we may go as high as 20 because i feel after the season we may see a slightly higher number transfer out for playing time . this is a make or break it year for a number of players
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 19, 2017, 10:15:02 am
i think we may go as high as 20 because i feel after the season we may see a slightly higher number transfer out for playing time . this is a make or break it year for a number of players

I agree. Our JUCO signees this year (at least Martin and Patton) have the potential to be "one and done" players, too.

zebradynasty

Having Trench Camp is a brilliant idea. I hope BB puts even more focus on it in the years to come. If the hogs are going to move the needle it's the trenches where it will happen. We just can never seem to have a good OL and a good DL in the same year. Not enough hosses!

bythelake

Great thread, thank guys.