Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signing 20+ players a year to me means

Started by nwahogfan1, June 14, 2017, 06:50:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

We are signing way to many of the wrong players.  We are not developing players like we should.  In year 5 of Cbb reign we should have upper classes  close to 20 on scholarships.  Most of these Jr and Sr should be  on our 2 deep and be better than our oppositions 4+ star freshmen.  They should be better conditioned, stronger and know what to do and how to win in the SEC.

We should be down to closer to 15 man recruiting classes now.

tophawg19

I guess bama is recruiting wrong too , as is everyone else . Sometimes young players come in who are too good to keep off the field
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 14, 2017, 06:54:11 pm
I guess bama is recruiting wrong too , as is everyone else . Sometimes young players come in who are too good to keep off the field

You finished this thread WAAAYYY too soon. We could have gotten two pages of freak out, but noooooo.. You had to [/thread]...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

tophawg19

factchecker

Weren't people bitching about us not signing 25 every recruiting class?   Now we are getting too many?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: factchecker on June 14, 2017, 07:20:21 pm

Weren't people bitching about us not signing 25 every recruiting class?   Now we are getting too many?
Obviously there are some folks who never going to be satisfied: 10, 15, 20, 25.....wouldn't matter.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on June 14, 2017, 08:34:01 pm
Right on cue:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=634480.0

Give casken a break. He doesn't really follow recruiting and isn't a dark sider at all. He likely just heard itnon the radio and wondered why. I don't think he had an agenda. My apologies if I misread what you intended.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: factchecker on June 14, 2017, 07:20:21 pm

Don't you agree that for us to beat Bama, Auburn and those teams who get many more 4\5 stars than us we have to get 3 star kids, keep them 5 years and develop them?    If you don't agree tell me how we beat them 50% of the time?

Supermark101

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 14, 2017, 10:16:18 pm
Don't you agree that for us to beat Bama, Auburn and those teams who get many more 4\5 stars than us we have to get 3 star kids, keep them 5 years and develop them?    If you don't agree tell me how we beat them 50% of the time?

We will not, if we only have 75 (15 × 5) players to there 85. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 14, 2017, 10:16:18 pm

Since we can't beat them in recruiting and we can't outscheme anyone, then absolutely, we are going to have to count on the development of players.  We'll find out in the next two years if that is going to work or not.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

jjdlc

Why are you posting something like this on a year when we only have space to sign 14?  Looks to me like we have done a good job of keeping playerswe signed.  We'll find out soon just how well we developed them.

If your goal is to beat a Bama 50% of the time, I'm not sure what to tell you.  If you figure out a way, you'll be a very very rich man, because no one else has done so.

nwahogfan1

Bama does it also but they replace a under achiever with a 4/5 star stud. Are we?  We have to do a better job than the Bama's of finding kids who are under recruited but have bigger upsides until we become a Bama or until our state starts produces the numbers again.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jjdlc on June 15, 2017, 08:06:12 am
Why are you posting something like this on a year when we only have space to sign 14?  Looks to me like we have done a good job of keeping playerswe signed.  We'll find out soon just how well we developed them.

If your goal is to beat a Bama 50% of the time, I'm not sure what to tell you.  If you figure out a way, you'll be a very very rich man, because no one else has done so.

Because most are like me and think we will sign 20+ again.

I think the answer to beating Bama more is for Ark. HS's and especially LR schools to turn out more higher ranked Football players and for us to recruit Eastern Tx better. 

Coaches are going to have to sell their product to these recruits and then coach them up.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 15, 2017, 01:06:31 am
We will not, if we only have 75 (15 × 5) players to there 85.

15 is just a number I made up. Lol.  Crying out loud.  We would sign according to what we need of course but by recruiting better and having a great developing program plus I could see us adding a couple deserving Walkons each year to the 15.  Of course we should always sign what we need but hopefully our needs drop from 25 to 15-18 with better evaluation of who we sign and developing them.

King Kong

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 15, 2017, 09:47:04 am
Because most are like me

No they aren't. If they were I would have deleted my account

Grizzlyfan

There are only five teams in the country that recruit anywhere near the Bama level, year in and year out.  The rest MUST develop seniors, and 5th year seniors to compete at a high level.  He's not wrong about that.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: King Kong on June 15, 2017, 10:13:44 am
No they aren't. If they were I would have deleted my account

If we sign under 20 I will be happy because it means we are developing players we think can play but we over signed the last 3 years and had to make the 85 number work in the summer.   So we will see.

tophawg19

you are going to sign 20+ just about every year . Attrition , graduation and injuries just about insures that . 25 x 4 is 100 . 100 -85 is 15 . you can just about bet you'll lose 15 to injury , transfer etc in a 4 year period . you can have 105 total kids so a good Walk on program is key to our success

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 15, 2017, 07:08:48 pm
you are going to sign 20+ just about every year . Attrition , graduation and injuries just about insures that . 25 x 4 is 100 . 100 -85 is 15 . you can just about bet you'll lose 15 to injury , transfer etc in a 4 year period . you can have 105 total kids so a good Walk on program is key to our success

If a good walkon program is key to our success we won't have much success in the SEC.  I'm sorry but that don't best consistent top ten classes very often.  As long as our recruiting is bottom half we will be botton half.  Everyone has good coaches, CBB isn't going to outcoach or outscheme teams enough to win above avg, that takes a Petrino!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 15, 2017, 10:48:01 am
There are only five teams in the country that recruit anywhere near the Bama level, year in and year out.  The rest MUST develop seniors, and 5th year seniors to compete at a high level.  He's not wrong about that.

Totally agree Grizzly.  Because we are not going to out recruit the big boys we must find those over achieving hard working kids who in year 3 or 4  are better than the Bama's of the world freshmen 4 star kids.  It can be done boys.  This is the reason why we all go to the games to see if it can happen.  If we just went off recruiting rankings none of us would think we had a chance but it does not.  Lots of factors like who is willing to work the hardest, who works together the best and  teams desire to win the most plus which coaching staff prepared the best or called the right play or assignment.  Lots of factors go into winning a football game.  Some you can control and some you can not.

If CBB  cannot out recruit the best with out cheating he will have to come in another way if he wants to get us into the top 10 consistently again.

Wildhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 16, 2017, 12:33:34 pm
Totally agree Grizzly.  Because we are not going to out recruit the big boys we must find those over achieving hard working kids who in year 3 or 4  are better than the Bama's of the world freshmen 4 star kids.  It can be done boys.  This is the reason why we all go to the games to see if it can happen.  If we just went off recruiting rankings none of us would think we had a chance but it does not.  Lots of factors like who is willing to work the hardest, who works together the best and  teams desire to win the most plus which coaching staff prepared the best or called the right play or assignment.  Lots of factors go into winning a football game.  Some you can control and some you can not.

If CBB  cannot out recruit the best with out cheating he will have to come in another way if he wants to get us into the top 10 consistently again.

We're not ever going to consistently be in the top ten.

Not ever.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977