Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will OU loose any recent signees with the Stoops retirement?

Started by outlawhogeywells, June 08, 2017, 10:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

With him stepping down just wondering if OU could have some kids ask to be released from their LOI?

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

outlawhogeywells

nwahogfan1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 08, 2017, 10:04:26 am
With him stepping down just wondering if OU could have some kids ask to be released from their LOI?

Good question but most schools are filled up so where would they go? Juco?

Seebs

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 08, 2017, 10:21:00 am
talking about kids that signed in February. 

Gotcha. We lost Petrino about the same time after the April 1 fiasco.  I don't recall losing anybody. Kind of hard when most kids are coming in any day now. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hall6769

I believe this is why the timing of his departure is what it is. The new class would have just enrolled in summer classes and that way they are locked in unless they want to sit a year.

NavarreHog

Hey Super

Quote from: Seebs on June 08, 2017, 11:37:53 am
Gotcha. We lost Petrino about the same time after the April 1 fiasco.  I don't recall losing anybody. Kind of hard when most kids are coming in any day now.

We had several transfers after Petrino left if I remember correctly. Not to mention both of our recruitment class commits at that time went elsewhere within a month or so.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

longpig

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 08, 2017, 10:04:26 am

Any kid on their roster, new signee on up can get out of their commitment to OU if they can halfass show the new system doesn't fit their skill set/is other than what they signed up for.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Royal Fortune on June 09, 2017, 03:26:35 pm
We had several transfers after Petrino left if I remember correctly. Not to mention both of our recruitment class commits at that time went elsewhere within a month or so.

The signing class stuck it out but the recruiting effort following the departure was as vacant as can be.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

This might be a tiny bit helpful with Grayson Boomer, a 2019 TE out of OK.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 09, 2017, 08:58:43 pm

Hope so but it may depend on how They do this year and TE use. I wonder who calls their plays this year?

presidenthog

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 09, 2017, 08:58:43 pm

I expect us to land a 5 star TE much closer to home, not sure if we will be taking another but you never know.

Oklahawg

Quote from: presidenthog on June 10, 2017, 04:01:57 am
I expect us to land a 5 star TE much closer to home, not sure if we will be taking another but you never know.

Taking two elite TEs would make sense. Outside of QB it shouldn't scare recruits away.