Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (44-18) vs Missouri State

Started by Razorbacks#1, June 04, 2017, 08:16:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

thebignasty

Quote from: mj4president on June 04, 2017, 11:42:48 pm
Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates.

Rereading this thread. 

This was pretty close.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

010HogFan

Quote from: Surfing8 on June 05, 2017, 02:44:03 am
Tell me one of you knows the Grinder Of The Year crazy dude behind the plate.

I know him, he's a funny dude

DEVIL DOG HOG

This has to be one of the longest threads in Hogville history.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on June 05, 2017, 09:18:18 am
This has to be one of the longest threads in Hogville history.

Certainly one of the longest that wasn't about a coaching search for sure.

zane

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on June 05, 2017, 04:17:59 am
Can we take a minute to fully appreciate the events of the last 7 hours? The ups and downs, the drama, getting leads then losing them, falling behind then coming back. We had rain delays, pork butt, Cronin's slip that ended his night, and Wilson's burrito. The SECN showing the '98 Tenn game and mj4president showing his shockingly almost spot on clairvoyance. All with a few thousand LOUD fans still in the seats past 3:00 am. I still feel like I have barely touched all the excitement tonight. This was an all-timer.

Excellent summation!

When your pork butt is on a 2 hour stall...
RIP LSUfan

flippinhogmana

If there are any 'rules' about when to call a rain delay those same rules should apply the same as for all rules-to not allow any team or player to gain an unfair advantage.

The Mo State coach is crying about the game not being suspended when the ump started to suspend it the last time-after the hogs had to play through the rain that resulted in them giving up a two run lead playing in those wet conditions that resulted in, among other things Cronin falling on the mound. 

The hogs having to play through that in the field and the Bears not having to would have given the Bears an unfair advantage-that is what Van Horn rightfully objected to.  Thats what the Bears coach wanted-to profit from that unfair advantage.  Didnt work, move on.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Tejano Jawg

I confess, because of morning meetings, I called it a night when it was tied 7 all, and Taco just walked the lead-off batter. About 2:15 I think. I figured, if we lose, I don't want to be around for it. And if we win, it'll be some fun reading. I had my son's iPad to my left, with the game on. Laptop in front of me, with Hogville rocking (Wilson was finishing his burrito). And to my right, on TV was the '98 Arkansas-Tennesse football game we were forced to watch. And I can't believe I saw that trash til the end.

This morning I picked back up on page 22 and read every post. Loved the recap and comments. Especially when Dave VH went ape-S when they were trying to put the tarp on again. So awesome. It sounded like there was an entire game's-worth of excitement in just the 8th and 9th innings! Lead changes, home runs, wild pitches!

To all the posters who stayed here (about 350!)—and the fans who stayed at Baum (including my brother and his brother in-law)—BRAVO!!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Kevin

It was awesome last night. EPIC
I don't drink anymore but feeling hungover
Let's finish this thing
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

The wife gave me an offer I couldn't refuse about 12:05. I fully intended on taking care of business and getting back to the thread afterwards. Never happened. I'm just glad I've got 2 reasons to be smiling today. I reread every page this morning though. Thanks guys for a great thread and all the work you do to make EI the best.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razorback7281

Feel a lot less tired than I would if the game turned out differently.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

goodguytex

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2017, 06:32:15 am
Who else is at work on this fine day?
I was at work doing graveyard shift listening to the game, and it was exciting to hear too. Now I get to go to bed and hopefully wake up in time for first pitch. Go Hogs!!

SPAL

razorbackfan86

This may have already been posted somewhere, but are there any video highlights of last night's game?

thebignasty

Quote from: zane on June 05, 2017, 09:26:39 am
Excellent summation!

When your pork butt is on a 2 hour stall...

If you had money on 'bar fight'  last night during the delay,  you nailed it.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

PigWig

Quote from: Razorback7281 on June 05, 2017, 11:11:37 am
Feel a lot less tired than I would if the game turned out differently.
Isn't that the truth? I don't know what I would've done if I'd stayed up until 3:30, and we had lost the game.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Birminghog

Signed off sometime in the early morning because I had the feeling that the computer battery wouldn't last the game. I was right - it wouldn't have. Went to bed and watched the rest of it from there. Nearly shut it down when we go down in the 8th, but decided to give it the bottom of the 8th & see what happened. Glad I did.

Had already taken off work today and was hoping to sleep until about 10:00 or so, but my bladder had other plans at 8:30. Guess 5 hours beats what a lot of you had. Really tired right now, but I'm feeling for all of you who are working today.

GREAT game. Looking forward to tonight. The coaches and the kids have worked like the devil to get here. Let's support them and be the fans we should be. They deserve nothing less.

I see an afternoon nap in my future.

PonderinHog

We temporarily interrupt this Razorback baseball thread to bring you the 2017 Razorback Football season in its entirety!   ;D

Birminghog

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 05, 2017, 12:05:44 pm
We temporarily interrupt this Razorback baseball thread to bring you the 2017 Razorback Football season in its entirety!   ;D

Don't you blaspheme in here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vet6AHmq3_s

Rocket23

I just woke up!  Did we win?

I am so tired.  I see two Red Bulls on tap for tonight's game.

Birminghog

Quote from: Rocket23 on June 05, 2017, 12:25:30 pm
I just woke up!  Did we win?

I am so tired.  I see two Red Bulls on tap for tonight's game.

11-10 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th to make it 11-8. MOST got a 2-run shot top of 9t to close to 11-10. Fat boy struck out on high heat from Evan Lee to end the game.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

One mo.

LRHog

AYYYY!! WE DID IT BOYS! 2 TICKETS AND PERMISSION FROM THE BOSS MAN TO BAIL OUT EARLY TO GET OUR ASSES TO FAYETTEVILLE!

LRHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on June 05, 2017, 01:06:25 pm
Drive safely and stay awake, LRHog.

My co-worker that wasnt there last night is joining me... he's driving :)

HogFansReunited

This was honestly one of my top 10 Razorback memories. Really wish I would have been there.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Birminghog

Quote from: LRHog on June 05, 2017, 01:05:18 pm
AYYYY!! WE DID IT BOYS! 2 TICKETS AND PERMISSION FROM THE BOSS MAN TO BAIL OUT EARLY TO GET OUR ASSES TO FAYETTEVILLE!

Damn, son! You hitting the lottery! Be safe.

PonderinHog

I'm setting the over/under for this thread at forty days and forty nights, depending on the rain.

Noah

onebadrubi

Quote from: LRHog on June 05, 2017, 01:05:18 pm

Same here!!!!  Headed up now

BroyledNutts

I didn't go to sleep until 6am ... been up since 10 ... I have no voice left, haven't a meal worth a dang in 3 solid days - but the wife and I will be there tonight, and I'll scream till my chords fall out onto the ground. Then I'll use my fingers. Woo Pig.

THIS. IS. BASEBALL.

theFlyingHog

Wish I could make it up but I settled for cooking ribs. Hope the neighbors don't call the cops when I start screaming again.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 05, 2017, 03:18:46 pm
...Hope the neighbors don't call the cops when I start screaming again.

Reminds me of the CWS game years ago against Virginia when Eibner hit that bomb.

jimmiewkersh

Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates.
at 11:42, almost 3 hours earlier, mj4president was in touch with destiny

Hogz87

Hogz87

Wrong thread again.

Mods, feel free to delete these two posts.  I don't want to ruin an epic thread.

mj4president

Bump, what a great morning.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SPAL