Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SEC Tournament Bracket with game times

Started by JHicks3636, May 20, 2017, 07:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

May 20, 2017, 07:33:15 pm Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:43:45 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
REVISED SCHEDULE:

UPDATED BRACKET AND SCHEDULE BELOW: Reply #40 on 5/27/17

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 23, 2017, 08:28:27 pm
I think we only play one on Friday if we win. If we lose we would play 2 games.

New schedule
http://www.secsports.com/championship/baseball 
ARKANSAS or Razorback#1, you might want to move this schedule up to the sticky thread.

http://www.secsports.com/bracket/baseball
-OR-
CLICK ANYWHERE ON BRACKET TO ENLARGE:

http://katv.com/sports/hog-central/2017-sec-baseball-tournament-bracket

2017 SEC Baseball Tournament
Tuesday-Sunday, May 23-28
Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, Hoover, Ala.

All times central.
The second game of each session will begin 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.

Tuesday, May 23

Game 1 9:30 a.m. #6 Vanderbilt vs. #11 South Carolina [SEC Network]

Game 2  TBD #7 Texas A&M vs. #10 Missouri [SEC Network]

Game 3  4:30 p.m. #8 Auburn vs. #9 Ole Miss [SEC Network]

Game 4  TBD #5 Mississippi State vs. #12 Georgia [SEC Network]

Wednesday, May 24

Game 5 9:30 a.m. #3 Kentucky vs. Winner Game 1 [SEC Network]

Game 6  TBD #2 LSU vs. Winner Game 2 [SEC Network]

Game 7 4:30 p.m. #1 Florida vs. Winner Game 3 [SEC Network]

Game 8  TBD #4 Arkansas vs. Winner Game 4 [SEC Network]

Thursday, May 25

Game 9  9:30 a.m. Loser Game 5 vs. Loser Game 6 [SEC Network]

Game 10 TBD Loser Game 7 vs. Loser Game 8 [SEC Network]

Game 11 4:30 p.m. Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6 [SEC Network]

Game 12  TBD Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8 [SEC Network]

Friday, May 26

Game 13  3:00 p.m. Winner Game 9 vs. Loser Game 11 [SEC Network]

Game 14 TBD Winner Game 10 vs. Loser 12 [SEC Network]

Saturday, May 27

Game 15 Noon Winner Game 13 vs. Winner Game 11 [SEC Network]

Game 16 TBD Winner Game 14 vs. Winner Game 12 [SEC Network]

Sunday, May 28

Game 17 2 p.m. Winner Game 15 vs. Winner Game 16 [ESPN2]

All times central

The second game of each session will begin 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.

Hogs49ers

May 20, 2017, 07:43:42 pm #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:55:42 pm by Hogs49ers
Do we likely pitch Stephan in game 1?  Or do you save your best pitchers?  What has DVH done in previous SEC tourneys?
SCREW Vandy!

lakecityhog

I think that Stephan pitches because he will have plenty of time to rest before the regional. Win game 1 and then pitch Murphy, Kopps, Taco and Alberius in games 2 and 3. Come home and get rested up for the regional.

Kevin

He usually pitches the regulars.
Everyone would be on a pitch count if I was coaching
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SPAL

http://katv.com/sports/hog-central/2017-sec-baseball-tournament-bracket

This one seems to work better.

As far as pitching, I would throw Stephan in game 1 because he is in a groove right now and you wanna keep him going. Win or lose game 1, I'm throwing Murphy in game 2 and taco in game 3 if needed. Knight wouldn't pitch in a meaningless tournament.

If we can beat Mississippi State in game 1, I don't care about the rest of it. I would rather save arms than try to win a tournament that doesn't matter. This matters to south Carolina, ole Miss, and Mizzou. Not to us.

ucahogfan

I think we should go Murphy game 1 on Wednesday and then Stephan on Thursday for Game 2 so he has a week off and then eight days off before Game 1 of regional instead of nine. Would keep him in a fairly decent routine that way. Don't think we should throw Knight at all in Hoover unless we are playing on Sunday then I think you at least consider it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2017, 11:53:10 pm
I think we should go Murphy game 1 on Wednesday and then Stephan on Thursday for Game 2 so he has a week off and then eight days off before Game 1 of regional instead of nine. Would keep him in a fairly decent routine that way. Don't think we should throw Knight at all in Hoover unless we are playing on Sunday then I think you at least consider it.

This is my thoughts as well.  You position Stephan to be going against another teams number 3 or number 2 most likely and Murphy against a teams number 2.  I like this and just need to score some runs.

TNhawgfan

Georgia has won their last three series against Kentucky, Mississippi state, and south Carolina. They are way hotter than Mississippi state and could be the team we play Wednesday
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

dotnet

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 20, 2017, 11:53:10 pm

I too agree with this. I think you need to win one good game and keep Stephan rolling. Throwing him in gsme two means you have him against auburn old miss or Florida. All would be good quality wins and hopefully secure a host spot.

I wouldn't bring knight at all.

elksnort

If Knight's arm is sore, in way UN Hades should he pitch.  But I guess this is obvious. One has to wonder how long conference tournaments will be around in basketball and baseball.

Kevin

murphy then Stephan, then taco

no knight this week.

host spot should be locked up.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

factchecker

http://a.espncdn.com/SEC/baseball/2017/2017%20SEC%20Baseball%20Tournament%20Bracket.pdf
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razCzar

ARKANSAS GAME TIMES 
(CT)

WED   8pm                                       vs GA/MSU

THU   8pm (W win)  OR  1pm (W loss)   vs FL/OM/AU

FRI    6:30pm                                  [if still playing]

SAT   3:30pm                                  [if still playing]

SUN   2pm                                      [if still playing]

dallashog83

Agree with not throwing Knight.  He did a great job yesterday with a sore arm and rest can only help him right now.  Hopefully we play well and can lock down a regional bid (but with the crazy NCAA you never know).

JHicks3636

Quote from: razCzar on May 21, 2017, 10:50:17 am
ARKANSAS GAME TIMES 
(CT)

WED   8pm                                       vs GA/MSU

THU   8pm (W win)  OR  1pm (W loss)   vs FL/OM/AU

FRI    6:30pm                                  [if still playing]

SAT   3:30pm                                  [if still playing]

SUN   2pm                                      [if still playing]

If you have ever been to the tournament, it is a miracle if the late game starts on time. I've been there when the first game went overtime or there was a weather delay and the games started between 9 and 10.  Those make for long drives back to Huntsville.

hawginbigd1

Any chance to be a national seed if we won? Any chance we host in super if we aren't one of the top 8 by being considered a top 10 team? Just wondering if winning it buys any advantage other than getting that trophy?

razCzar

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 21, 2017, 11:13:54 am
If you have ever been to the tournament, it is a miracle if the late game starts on time. I've been there when the first game went overtime or there was a weather delay and the games started between 9 and 10.  Those make for long drives back to Huntsville.

Last time to Hoover was a round-tripper from Atlanta exactly a decade ago.  Arkansas lost to Vandy in the CG, which was a single game in perfect weather.

I just posted this (with no TBDs), so everybody here can better plan out their viewing schedule this week.  My working Tu, Wed, Fri, our schedule turned out perfectly.

ucahogfan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 21, 2017, 12:31:35 pm
Any chance to be a national seed if we won? Any chance we host in super if we aren't one of the top 8 by being considered a top 10 team? Just wondering if winning it buys any advantage other than getting that trophy?
Potentially, but I doubt we would be a national seed even if we won in Hoover.

How baseball does it is they pair regionals together with a top 8 seed and then another host.  If the top 8 seed wins, they host the Super (the majority of the time).  If the top 8 seed doesn't win and the other regional host wins, they will most likely host the Super as long as they have bid on it.  If neither host wins, then it comes down to who bid for a Super and the NCAA's decision.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 21, 2017, 12:37:37 pm
Potentially, but I doubt we would be a national seed even if we won in Hoover.

How baseball does it is they pair regionals together with a top 8 seed and then another host.  If the top 8 seed wins, they host the Super (the majority of the time).  If the top 8 seed doesn't win and the other regional host wins, they will most likely host the Super as long as they have bid on it.  If neither host wins, then it comes down to who bid for a Super and the NCAA's decision.
So we will be paired so to speak with a top 8 seed like say  Clemson, and our only chance of hosting a super is if Clemson doesn't advance? If I am reading you correctly

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on May 21, 2017, 12:53:23 pm
So we will be paired so to speak with a top 8 seed like say  Clemson, and our only chance of hosting a super is if Clemson doesn't advance? If I am reading you correctly

Yes. More like against Louisville though.

ucahogfan

Most likely, yes.  About the only scenario I can remember a top 8 seed not hosting a regional would be a situation like Missouri State two years ago where they share a stadium with a minor league and the minor league team was in town that weekend.

ucahogfan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on May 21, 2017, 01:55:05 pm
Yes. More like against Louisville though.
Way too early to talk about potential pairings.  It would make much more sense to pair us with someone like TCU or Texas Tech.

Hogs49ers

So I just started heavily following college baseball this year and I absolutely love it.  In the past I mainly just watched if the Hogs made it deep into postseason play and everyone was talking about it, but this year it has quickly become one of my favorite sports to watch once I got ingrained into the season.

I am wondering if the SEC baseball tourney has the about the same affect on the NCAA tourney and seeding as the SEC basketball tourney has on the NCAA tourney (which is basically nothing)?   Or do these additional games count just as much as any game this season?
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 21, 2017, 07:52:54 pm
So I just started heavily following college baseball this year and I absolutely love it.  In the past I mainly just watched if the Hogs made it deep into postseason play and everyone was talking about it, but this year it has quickly become one of my favorite sports to watch once I got ingrained into the season.

I am wondering if the SEC baseball tourney has the about the same affect on the NCAA tourney and seeding as the SEC basketball tourney has on the NCAA tourney (which is basically nothing)?   Or do these additional games count just as much as any game this season?

90% meaningless. It only matters to certain teams trying to play their way in.

Take Mizzou. They are on the outside looking in right now. It would probably take them making it to the finals to get an at large. For them, it matters. There are a few teams still needing to do some work.

You won't see much shuffling at this point, thiugh. Host sites, seeding, and pairings are basically completed at this point and very little will change due to conf tournaments.

Some hog fans are concerned that an early exit might cost us a host spot. I'm not really of that opinion, but winning 1 game should lock it up.

So there is some value for certain teams, but as a whole, it's meaningless.

dotnet

The big difference between baseball and basketball is the host situation. While you may be safely in there is little difference in someone else making a huge run in their conference tournament and you dropping from a 3 to a 4 or 4 to a 5.

In baseball I think dropping from a host to a 2 seed is a much bigger deal and something you're always at risk of... even if tournaments are so weird that they shouldn't matter that much.

jbell96

Clemson is not going to be a top 8 seed. They've lost 8 of their last 9 league games. If we host, we'll most likely be paired with TCU, Texas Tech, or Louisville.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 22, 2017, 01:47:28 am

Some hog fans are concerned that an early exit might cost us a host spot. I'm not really of that opinion, but winning 1 game should lock it up.

I've seen the writers say the Hogs are hosting regardless of the SECT. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 23, 2017, 09:11:04 am
I've seen the writers say the Hogs are hosting regardless of the SECT. 

And I agree with them. It would be a major snub if we don't.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 23, 2017, 09:41:44 am
And I agree with them. It would be a major snub if we don't.
It would be indefensible. 

DLUXHOG

WPS!!!  Let's get it up HOGS!....... you're due your first SEC baseball championship!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SPAL

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 23, 2017, 10:25:22 am
WPS!!!  Let's get it up HOGS!....... you're due your first SEC baseball championship!

We aren't going there to win it. If we do....I'll eat my dig cam hogs hat

jbell96

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 23, 2017, 02:38:29 pm
We aren't going there to win it. If we do....I'll eat my dig cam hogs hat

The only way I want us to get to the finals this weekend is if we go 3-0 to start the tournament. If we win tomorrow, and lose on Thursday, then I'd be okay with losing on Friday and going home to rest up.

ThisTeetsTaken

Let's just get a workout and a few wins and then go rest up to win our regional.

Birminghog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 21, 2017, 11:13:54 am

If you want to hang out in Southside rather than drive back to H-ville, come on over.

SPAL

DiamondHogFan

May 23, 2017, 08:21:38 pm #35 Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:31:51 pm by DiamondHogFan
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 23, 2017, 08:19:49 pm
Hogs will play on Thursday at 0930
As it stands now, hogs are guaranteed to play 2 games in 1 day if we lose one on Thursday or Friday.

Birminghog

Stay tuned. Current chances of rain Wednesday are:
8:00 AM - 50%
9:00 - 60%
10:00 - 40%
Drops after that until 2:00. Then it's
2:00 - 50%
3:00 - 50%
4:00 - 50%
5:00 - 50%
6:00 - 40%
7:00 - 40%
8:00 - 50%
9:00 - 50%
10:00 - 60%
11:00 - 60%
Thursday through Saturday looks good, but things could get pushed back some more between now and Thursday.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 23, 2017, 08:19:49 pm
Hogs will play on Thursday at 0930

Uhhhh... bracket schedule says Wednesday... just sayin......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SPAL

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 24, 2017, 01:09:35 pm

Then it's wrong.

jbell96

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 24, 2017, 01:09:35 pm

Uhhh, that guy was posting an update since the schedule changed...........just sayin.......