Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 54 THREAD: #14 Arkansas (38-15, 17-11 SEC) at #22 Texas A&M (36-19, 16-13)

Started by Razorbacks#1, May 20, 2017, 05:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 20, 2017, 01:03:10 pm
Boy raper university can't even get a field goal.

This is funny. The final turned out to be Nebraska 21, Penn State 3.

trippigs

Quote from: GeauxHogsGeaux! on May 20, 2017, 02:29:04 pm
I'm new here. Thanks for the great PBP!

Before this series, I heard one of our players had a broken shin from fouling a ball off of it. I don't know how true that is, or what player but figured I would share. I don't remember anyone having a bad foul off the shin but I haven't been able to watch many of the recent games.

WPS!

Welcome to the best baseball board around

jry04

Quote from: John Snow on May 20, 2017, 02:56:58 pm
I think Chris Burke started drinking early. Hopefully we don't get screwed in hosting a regional like the NCAA did  in 2013 by shocking us by sending us to Kansas state or back 2011 where we had a rpi inside the top 15 and gave it to UCLA with a 47 rpi as well as sending us out to hot Arizona state. The selection committee changed their criteria every without notice like one year it will be rpi and the next year  it will be road win loss record or non-conference sos.
Our RPI was in the high 20s that year, not top 15. Our top 25 ranking was around 15, though. Our SOS wasn't even top 50. Our RPI and SOS is much better this year than it was that year.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2013/schedule/Arkansas

elksnort

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 20, 2017, 04:22:26 pm
I love Herm Edwards quote "you play to win the game" but I would like to see us ice down our best pitchers until NCAA time.

These games in Hoover were meaningless the moment we got our last out today.
AGREE 100%

southarkhog06

Quote from: elksnort on May 20, 2017, 06:11:47 pm
AGREE 100%
I would like to see some guys that could be future starters get a chance, but I think you throw stephan for 50 or so pitches to keep his routine. Taco is pretty fresh so I think he could get a legit start. I wouldn't even take knight to hoover, he was in obvious discomfort today.

jry04

While I think it is very likely we are a host, I do not think we can just dismiss the SECT and assume if we go 0-2 others won't take our host spot. What if MSU wins tonight, then wins the SECT? They could easily jump our host because the projections all season have proven that us sweeping them isn't as important as we hoped. Making a run in the SECT would mean they beat us, too.

FSU has jumped up to #14 in the RPI. If they win tonight they could jump inside the top 12. A few games in the ACCT will have them in the hosting mix. They have 12 top 50 wins and the #1 SOS. Just 14-14 in the ACC, but again they are playing @ Louisville tonight with a chance to make a big jump in the RPI and add another top 50 win.

There are plenty of teams who can make some noise in the next week. We need to win 1 in Hoover to feel 100% safe, in my opinion.

We should root for teams like Long Beach State, FSU, OU, Arizona, and WVU to lose any games they have remaining just to give us a bigger cushion.

ErykofArkansas

jdevers

If we had swept Mizzou and Bama and not had the LSU error, we would be in Hoover for a national seed...but we did. We will probably host even without a single win and won't do more than host even if we win it all.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jry04

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on May 20, 2017, 07:19:52 pm
Well, At least OU so far obliged us and lost lol.
and just lost again. They are likely out of the hosting picture.

PigWig

Proud of this team. It's almost strange to see a Hog team not choke in a clutch moment like today. I guess that's what having one of the best coaches in the nation will do for you.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: jdevers on May 20, 2017, 07:44:30 pm
If we had swept Mizzou and Bama and not had the LSU error, we would be in Hoover for a national seed...but we did. We will probably host even without a single win and won't do more than host even if we win it all.
It just seemed that when LSU came back in game 2 of our series after we led something like 8-2, it really got in the guys' heads.  It really effected them and it took a few games for them to get back right.  But winning the series vs Vandy and A$M (on the road) is a great sign.  I still think that if we run into LSU down the line, they will have a distinct mental advantage against us.  That was a brutal agonizing loss that should never have happened.  Nevertheless I am so proud of them picking themselves up and righting the ship and finishing the season strong.  DVH has done a really good job with the team. 

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HognitiveDissonance

Razorback Nation also mentioned some loudmouth fan for A&M.
Could someone give me the Cliff's Notes version of what this was about? What was he saying that was so noteworthy? Is he basically their version of Hognoxious?

elksnort

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 20, 2017, 06:39:40 pm
I would like to see some guys that could be future starters get a chance, but I think you throw stephan for 50 or so pitches to keep his routine. Taco is pretty fresh so I think he could get a legit start. I wouldn't even take knight to hoover, he was in obvious discomfort today.
I can not see the Hogs doing anything in the NCAAt without Knight being healthy and ready to go.

jbell96

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 20, 2017, 06:39:40 pm

Stephan is going to have 8 days off before the regional, so I think he'll be okay to go 6 or 7 innings in his start.