Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 52 THREAD: #14 Arkansas(37-14,16-10 SEC) at #22Texas A&M(35-18, 15-12 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 17, 2017, 06:55:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

If anyone finds a highlight video of the W tonight I'd love to see it. Haven't found one yet and I'm working (and have crappy cell service here)

jry04

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on May 18, 2017, 11:16:11 pm
I think on a list of preseason team goals, winning the division has to be the first goal always.

I thnk we get the nod over Mississippi State regardless with the sweep of them in their park.  Plus our RPI is well above theirs.

We swept them at Baum, but should still get the nod.

Kevin

Quote from: jry04 on May 19, 2017, 07:55:21 am
We swept them at Baum, but should still get the nod.

must never forget, one year we won the west with 18 wins, swept the gamecocks, and they hosted & we didn't.

hope lsu knocks them out, and we win one more.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bighog2255

Quote from: Kevin on May 19, 2017, 07:59:15 am
must never forget, one year we won the west with 18 wins, swept the gamecocks, and they hosted & we didn't.

hope lsu knocks them out, and we win one more.

Guess you forgot some of the facts. 2013 - We didn't win the west. Finished 5 games behind LSU. We did sweep SC, but our RPI was in the 30s. SC's was in the teens. Our non-conference stunk that year. We went 0-4 in Arizona tournament, and went 0-2 at Nebraska.

By the way, any other time since 2004 that Arkansas has won 18+ SEC games, we have hosted (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010)

jbell96

Quote from: Dropkick on May 18, 2017, 09:56:23 pm
if he doesn't walk the lead off batter they dont score on a sac fly from second either........both were costly

Funny, I don't remember them scoring the tying run on sac fly with the runner scoring from 2nd. Shaddy knocks that ball down, it's first and second with 1 out. Reindl got a fly out and K for the next two outs, so that would have ended the game. He got squeezed on the walk as well so it's not like he was all over the place in that at bat.

jry04

if he doesn't walk the lead off batter they dont score on a sac fly from second either........both were costly
Scoring on a sac fly from 2nd is pretty impressive. I must have missed that..........

bosshog84

Wow Tanner English must play for them... he could score from first on a sac fly you know

jry04

Quote from: bosshog84 on May 19, 2017, 08:58:18 am
Wow Tanner English must play for them... he could score from first on a sac fly you know
He once had an in the park HR that never left the infield. Roth threw a perfect game the same game, too. He gave up multiple hits and runs, but it was perfect in the sense that Roth was the one pitching.

southarkhog06

Quote from: bosshog84 on May 19, 2017, 08:58:18 am
Didn't he once score on his own flyout?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pudgepork

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 18, 2017, 10:33:36 pm
So with the above being said, would y'all rather Miss. St win tomorrow and possibly give us a chance to take the SEC West or would y'all rather LSU win tomorrow and pretty much lock up our chance for a bye, but no shot at winning the SEC West?

Wow we just jumped 4 spots to #14 in the RPI!  Huge win!

I have a strong dislike for state.   A much stronger dislike for lsu.  Go state.  Win the next 2 while Hogs sweep

SPAL